Maternal & Child Community
m/c and passing sac

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

m/c and passing sac

Hi everyone this is kris once again.  Thank you all for your support.  Another question, if I had passed a sac, what would it look like.  Is it hard or soft?  What does it look like?
Ive only known of one perso who passed the sac and knew it.  My aunt - she said it was rubbery, kind of like silly putty, and oval shaped.  Although, she didnt take it in to be tested, so she doesnt know for sure thatt it was the sac.
I know it is an odd question.  I will know for sure tomarrow about my m/c.  I pretty sure I had one due to the clots and amount of blood I have passed.  Sorry to be so gross.  I wish there was a clear answer, but there isn't.  God is the only one that knows what happen, I at a lose with it.  It sure helps to talk though.  Thanks
I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and so sorry that you are gong through this. Remeber you are never alone as we are like one big family of sisters. :)
Kris, I m/c a little over 2 weeks ago and I did notice when I passed the sac.  I was around 11 weeks, they thought I might be further due to the size and how far up my uterus was sitting.  I took cytotec to help speed up my m/c though, since it was a blighted ovum, after a few days of bleeding, I just wanted to get it over with and I didn't want to go through that at work.  I had really intense cramping and huge blood clots, then the sac came out whole, looked a little like a water balloon, kinda clear and full of fluid.  If your sac ruptured during the m/c though it would probably be hard to tell if you passed it.  Mine came out whole, and was almost stuck, I had to help it out, sorry if that was tmi.  I hope your check up goes well and hopefully soon you'll have a healthy pregnancy and little one too.
I haven't passed anything like that.  I passed something quite big and round.  It was heavy and went before I could see it.  I do remember it not being watery or clear at all, but maybe everyone is different.  I do look forward to having a baby sometime soon.
i'm pretty sure that i passed the sac during my first m/c. i felt a drop in my stomach, ran to the bathroom, and it "plopped" out - i was really grossed out and sad - b/c people told me i probably wouldn't see anything b/c so early (i was 7 weeks and a few days, but baby only measured about 6 and a half weeks). i knew that it was it though - once out i felt that the pregnancy was over and i felt empty. it was similiar looking to what ima1 said - oval shaped - but it had a reddish color - it looked rubbery, i didn't know what to do with it so i just flushed it (anyway during my second m/c i asked the nurse if should save anything if i see any tissue or sac like thing and she said it wouldn't help b/c needs to be preserved properly and looked at right away and i didn't have what need to preserve it) - but it looked like i what i would think the sac would look like. i called the dr. and described it - he said it does sound like everything passed and the bleeding should let up. (after the sac passed there was a big gush of blood and then continue like period - blood was for sure done a few days later)the whole thing really happened fast for me though - some bleeding before, then sac passed, big gush of blood, then few more days of much lighter bleeding/staining - i know that a lot of people go through more with it. if it was the sac then hopefully your bleeding should taper off. i hope you feel better soon.
The sac looks like what everyone has been describing. IT looks like a tiny water ballon with fluid in it. It could be clear, or it could be pinkish colored (depending on if there is any blood in the sac). The size depends on how far along you were. All of my miscarraiges were between 6 and 8 weeks. The sac was usually the size of a marble. Then after the sac expelled,out came the placenta. This is usually resembles a big blood clot. I could actually feel the sac and the placenta come out of me.(sorry TMI) And other people I have spoken too said they felt it too. This was how I knew that everything came out and I didnt require a D & C.
Keep us updated on you DA tomorrow. Remember ASK FOR AN ULTRASOUND if you dont think you passed the sac or placenta.
Good luck hun
sorry for your loss too. hope that now you hear only good things and that your next pregnancy (hopefully soon) is a happy and healthy one.
thanks for the encouragement!
I'm so sorry you had to go through a m/c.  I m/c a few weeks ago.  I had horrible cramps, bleeding, and clots on Saturday and Sunday.  Sunday night same thing but worse.  Maybe I'm weird for doing this but I "fished" out what I passed and washed it in the sink and found out I passed the sac.  It was just a small white/clear sac with fluid in it.  Sort of like a water balloon.  I didn't know what to do with it either so I flushed it too.  I continued to have cramps, bleeding, and clots that Monday and Tuesday.  Actually, on Tuesday I passed another large thing so I rinsed that off in the sink too.  It looked like muscle or tissue or something like that.  It was a redish pink color.  After I passed that I had no more clots at all and I bled for about 2 weeks total.  I hope I get pregnant again soon!!!
Sorry for everyones loss. I m/c yesterday and definately passed a sac. It was a small thing light in color and it had opened so I could see inside. I saw tint tiny muscle fiber and maybe bone. It was very scarey. I brought it straight to ER where pathologist will examine for DNA abnormalities.
Hi pacey sorry for your loss. I was told before trying to concieve (conceive) 1) Have partners sperm tested 2) You get checked for UTI,thyroid levels and progesterone levels 3) Ask about progesterone supps. This is all I learned this past month online and due to my m/c . Good Luck
I had my second m/c yesterday/today.  I never saw either sac, but have seen a lot of blood clots and what I assume is tissue.  It's a hard thing to handle.  Was wondering if anyone has had two m/c and if so did you have a 'normal' pregnancy after that?  Or did you have tests done to find out the reason why you had had a m/c.  I have read and my doc has said that they really aren't concerned until you have had 3 m/c.  If I have another one, I'm not sure I'll be able to handle it.  Thanks for your help, it's nice to know I'm not the only one.
Thanks, I'll look into all that.  Going to hopfully see the doctor soon.  They don't seem to be bothered until it's your 3rd m/c.  I'm hoping it doesn't come to that.