Maternal & Child Community
missed period = stress or pregnancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

missed period = stress or pregnancy?

The 1st day of my last period was on May 14th and i still havn't had my period. Took a couple HPT all came up negetive. No major pregnancy symptoms but for the past 2 days my nipples have been very sensitive & my lower abdomen and back ache a little. I guess my question is could stress cause a missied period or could i possibly be pregnant?
Stress is one of many things that can cause a missed period.  It has happened to most of us from time to time.  At the time of a missed period, most HPT's , if used properly, are quite accurate.  That being said, a blood test can tell you for absolute certainty.  The best course of action is probably to see your Dr.  Good luck!