missed period with negative pregnancy test
hi
i have a missed period since 1 week and more..my periods are regular..and my preg test shows negative..
guide me
Hi!
If urine pregnancy test is negative then go for a quantitative blood pregnancy test.  I suggest you get quantitative HCG estimation is blood at 48 hours intervals. If the levels are negative at the first test, then you will get your periods sometime soon (however you may need to take medication for it). If the levels are positive on first test and drop on the second test, it is likely to be a miscarriage. If the levels are positive and doubling on the second test, it is a confirmed pregnancy. If you are not pregnant then you should look for other causes. Sometimes a craving for a child leads a woman to experience pregnancy like symptoms. Liver (hepatitis), gall bladder and kidney problems too can cause these symptoms. IBS, acidity and GERD too should be ruled out. Hormone imbalance, PCOD, prolactinomas, adrenal gland problems and thyroid problems too are the other possibilities. You may need to consult your gynecologist for this. Take care!