Maternal & Child Community
morning sickness gone at 9 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

morning sickness gone at 9 weeks

Hello All,

I'm a little nervous, when I hit 9 weeks my morning sickness seemed to vanish. I'm concerned that something is wrong with my baby. Also, usually my boobs are really sore late and night and over night but last night they were not like usual.

Any advice? Anyone else have symptoms change early on?
I decided to call my Doctor. In April I had an early m/c so
I'm really nervous. I'm awaiting a call back, I hope I can go in for a US today. It is eating me alive and I'm not sure I can make it through the weekend. I feel so upset.... Thanks for your feedback.
most of my horrible symptoms subsided almost instantly at 10 weeks but all was fine with the baby.  i too MC previously and was a little nervous but once i knew all was well I was sooooooooo happy it was an early start (symptom-wise) to the second trimester.
That happened to me about a week ago....I had the sore breast and the sickness and then all of sudden it went away.  I didn't think anything of it at the time, but went in for an u/s on Wed and they indicated the baby had stopped growing.  I'm in my 9wk as well.  I've had two previous mc's, so this is my third. I go in for the D&C on Monday. Don't mean to scare you, but at least you noticed the changes and are calling the doctor.  I hope all goes well for you.
It's pretty normal for pregnancy symptoms to change throughout your pregnancy...especially in early pregnancy.  I had weeks where I didn't feel anything...no breast tenderness, no morning sickness, nothing!  And  a week later, it was back with a vengeance.  I know it's a little scary not having those symptoms, but try to enjoy the break, I'm sure they'll be back soon. :)
This is my fourth baby and I still question my symptoms! I am currently 10.5 weeks and somedays I have nausea worse than others. I had it really bad with my other 3 babies but not as bad with this baby. I also m/c my very first and had no symptoms whatsoever so for me and others like you any symptom is reassuring I know. I had an u/s at 8 weeks and was surprised I thought I was only like 6 - maybe 7 weeks because my nausea wasn't that bad but I was actually 8 weeks so maybe every pregnancy is different. I had 3 that were practically identical and they were all different genders (1 girl, 2 boys) so who knows what this one is LOL!!!). Anyhow, I just want you to know that you're not alone with experiencing this...you'd think after being pregnant for 5th time I'd have a clue but...!!! Good to hear you barfed up your lunch though!!!!!
having it disappear completely at 9 weeks seems early, but you never know. i had the nausea disappear for about a day at 7 weeks, then it came back (and never left).
Hi,  just wanted to let you know that all my symptoms started to vanish around 9 weeks- breats tenderness, tiredness etc  and it really freaked me out as well... I am now 22 wks so I'm sure your just fine - maybe you can rent a fetal doppler so you can check the heartbeat at home, thats what I did and it helped easy my worries!  good luck to you.
Thanks ladies. Looks like I was not able to go to the Doctor. However, my lunch did get barfed up along with the nausea. So,
I will just have to see how things go and I will call my doctor again on Monday. They called but I was out at a Business meeting and missed the call. Needless to say, I will have to just wait it out.  Keep your fingers crossed. Looks like it could be good or bad based on your feedback.
I would call the dr.  its the first sign that there is a  change.  My dr said, now I have a history of m/c to call as soon as i feel a change.  I wish I listened last time.  ( he just told me that)  I noticed that my breasts weren't sore and could sleep on my stomach to find out my baby had died weeks earlier.  now I'm sure thats not your case but to ease your worry i would call just to be sure...
Well I hope that everything is fine with you and your baby.  Well check with your doctor(like you already are doing) and relax stressing won't help(I know easier said then done, sorry) and maybe you are lucking out with having your morning sickness gone sooner then some.