Maternal & Child Community
my 3yr old son listens to everyone else but mommy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

my 3yr old son listens to everyone else but mommy

i have a 3yr old son (just turned 3 sept 23 2011) and now he wont listen to me, his mommy. he is great for everyone else and listens to everyone else but with me its as if whatever i say doesnt matter. im with him all day every day except a few nights during week. he screams and throws fits puts me at my breaking point and i usually have a good temper. i dont know if its because he spends to much time with me if im too leniant with him or what. we live with my mother and every night she criticizes me for how my son doesnt listen and how yelling at him doesnt do anything. but he just wont listen to me. he was fine when he turned 2 but all of a sudden he wont listen, ever. i tell him to not go outside and he walks right out the door i tell him not to play with things and 2 sec later hes playing with them. PLEASE HELP! my mom doesnt make it any better so i really need to talk to other moms who have a child around same age or know about this more. PLEASE!!