Maternal & Child Community
my 9 yr old son has a 1 cm penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

my 9 yr old son has a 1 cm penis

hi,

my 9 year old son has a 1 cm penis,
whereas my nephew who is 2 yrs, has a bigger 1
is this normal, is there a remedy or cure or a treatment for this ?

pls reply to A_Mahatma***@****

cranny people with cranky answers plss keep out of this
Regards
a concerned parent
Not unless you want to consider plastic surgery at this age!

Actually, the size of a flaccid penis is not really an idicator of how big it will be during an erection.

I think it is far too early to be worrying about it's size, but I would suggest speaking with the doctor if you have concerns.
I would ask the doctor about that.  I have a son that is going to be 9 in March, and I don't go looking at him but I do see him when he gets out of the shower and he is atleast 1 inch or a little bigger. I hope that nothing is seriously wrong with him. Another thing you might want to look at is if his testical have fallen yet.
Gee tanx ppl
i never knew there were ppl outthere to help
more comments cud be more helpful
thank u netizens
Is your son overweight? A lot of times they develop a "fat pad" in the groin area at the base of the penis that can cause the penis to look smaller.

I know that has been the case with my toddler from day one. I can remember at many of his firsts visits the pediatrician pressing on either side of his penis to see if it would "pop" out and it always did. Sometimes that can be the cause.

Talk to your son's pediatrician if it is causing any problems or even just bring it up at his niext visit.

Andrea
I am a nurse and have learned that a small penis can be associated with thyroid problems.  Of course, there would probably be other signs and symptoms too.  Maybe you should talk with his pediatrician.  It is probably nothing to worry about, however, so try not to be concerned.
His penis does seem small for his age.  If he's overweight, that can be a factor as to how much of the penis is visible.
I would call the doctor and have a discussion with them about your son's penis, preferably with him out of the room.  You don't want to give your son a complex about his penis size, since he can't really do anything about that.
Childhood size and adult size do not always match.  He can have a small penis in childhood and a normal adult penis.  It is worth looking into just to make sure there is nothing wrong on his end you can correct and to give yourself some piece of mind.
my 9 year old son was just diagnosed with "micropenis".  The endocronologist recommended testosterone shots every 4 months until puberty.  I am in the process of researching it to make sure it's the right choice, however it seems like it can only do good.  Mostlikely, I will go ahead with it.  Have you taken your son to a specialist yet?
Just wondering how it went with your son. My son is 6 yrs old and very small, and I have been reading about the Testosterone as well. I have not taken him to a doctor yet, I don't want them to think I am crazy, but I just want what will be best for him.
I know this sounds weird but my Husband's before erection looks about 1 inch then grows to about 10 inches looks can be deceiving so no worries ;) I'm sure he will be alright.