Maternal & Child Community
my sister is pregnet with a flipped uterus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

my sister is 22 years old, she's had 4 miscarriages. she is now almost 40 weeks pregnent. i am so happy that i am going to be a aunt, but i am worried because of the problems she's had before. also, i am very worried because she has a flipped uterus. is it safe to give birth naturally or should she have a c section. i know it's all up to her doctor but she's been to so many before and not one of them can find out the reasons for her other problems. should she run it by her doctor again or should she be safe to give birth naturally?
Hey,
   Its nothing to worry with I have to friends that are pregnant with a flipped uterus its not an uncommin thing in some women I'm sure the doc has it all down and knows what he or she is doing and plus once you are so far in labor and if the baby is comeing out right they will do a c section which isn't nothing to be afraid of even though I never want one if I don't have to have one well I'll keep your sister in my preyers good luck to you and your sister and congradulations on being an aunt I'm an aunt and its great.
Hey there,  I was told I also had a flipped pelvis or "tilted".  I had to go for an ultrasound monthly with a specialist and they arranged for me to schedule a c-section before the possibility of going into labor.  All went well and now I have quite the healthy active 4 year old.  End of story, or so I thought.  I couple years ago I moved and saw a new ob gyn for my yearly thing.  He was working down south there them popped his head up and announced to me that I had two seperate vaginal canal/uterus.  Apparently devided by tissue all the way up.  Funny how I never realized I had two openings.  Well, one is smaller, and it never occured to me to check!  And how about that ob specialist and my regualr ob doc I saw regularly through pregnancy?  Guess they just weren't looking for that either.  Well, this new ob doc said if I got pregnant or had been with him he would have treated it as a regular pregnancy.  so I might not have had to have a c-section according to him if I had been "diagnosed" (for lack of a better word,) correctly.
Another interesting thing he said is that I could probably have two seperate pregnancies at once.  I am going to stop there!
hi everyone, i'm just letting you know there was nothing to worry about. my sister had a baby boy 8lbs 1oz 20 inches, a very healthy baby named Nathan.
Anyhow, i have a problem, has of oct 24 2003, i am 2 months and 4 days late. i went and bought a pregnancy test when i was on my honeymoon on sept 21 2003. i saw a very very faint line, so faint i don't even know if i saw it, than two weeks later i did the same thing, the line was darker, but instead of going up and down it went -, but the way i saw it, it was a line. I went to the birth control clinic to do their test, it came out negitive. The lady told me to come back today but i had to work and couldn't.did this ever happen to anyone? I have two kids and after each one i continued to have a regular period, up until two months ago. could i be pregnant? or is there something wrong with me? please help......kellyc
Hey Kellyc What black line are you talking about?
The one from the bellybotton down??I am 23 weeks Kelly and I dont even have that yet, you usually have that line by the seconde trimester if that makes you feel better..
And alot of times pee test does come Positive when your on brith control, so best thing is to get a blood test you cant go wrong.
Im sure you know all I have said" but I hope it helps anyways..:)

so take care And I hope the best for you...
<3
i wanted to know, why is it that my cervix didnt dilate after 3 centermeters.. i have 2 children thru c-section and i really wanted to have a virginal birth but i couldn't because i didnt dilate..... also on my secound pregnancy during labor.. the midwifes said they couldnt find my cervix??? what happened there... i was too overwhelemd so i didnt question the midwife... but can someone answer me please.