"pink eye" while pregnant
Hi eveyone!
I think I have conjunctivitis "pink eye" and I am 20 weeks pregnant. Has anyone had this while pregnant?? If so, what did your doctor tell you and did you take antibiotics? Thank you for your feedback.
Normally pink eye does not require use of an antibiotic to clear up.  However, you will need to get a script for the eyedrops, which are perfectly safe during pregnancy.

In the interim, if you wear contacts, (obviously) remove them and use teh glasses.  Warm compresses to your eyes will help with the dry itchy feeling.
A couple weeks ago I thought I had pink eye too but no idea how I would have gotten it.  My eye was pink and hurt a little but the next day it was gone so I cancelled my appt.  I still get irritated eyes sometimes but it goes away...  Are you sure it is pink eye - maybe it is just irritated?
my eyes look irritated and the past two mornings I 've woken up with discharge on both eyes. They feel dry. The only reason I think it might be pink eye it's because my daughter had it 2 weeks ago. my eyes don't look as bad as hers but I am concerned.
i have had pink eye since last thursday 8-13-09 and there seem to be nothing i can take that can help what should i do im now 28 weeks ytpregnate a write back at cndwilliams_90***@**** nene
I am 11 weeks pregnant and I may have pink eye. My eye is pink and a little bit of clear dischare comes out. Its the weekend so my dr's midwiife clled in gentamicin to my pharmacy. I'm scared to take since its a category c and online it says may cause damage to fetus. HELP any advice?
I am 32 weeks pregnant & I have contracted pink eye last week my doctor gave me an ointment to apply daily. So far I have had it for 5 days it seems to be clearing up. Ironically I have never had pink eye before now.