Maternal & Child Community
positive pregnancy tests then a negative

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I was late for my period so decided to take a pregnancy as I had all the symptoms of cramping sore breasts, I took six in total and all were positive, Two days later my cramping was worse and I had a bit of blood so went to A&E they did a test which was positive from a urine sample and also informed me I had a water infection. They gave me anti-biotics which was 1 in the morning so I went home and they had booked me to the early pregnancy an ultrasound for 12pm the same day. I was told to drink plenty of water for the scan. When I got there I was told I would be too early for an ultrasound and would have an internal scan just to check everything looked fine. She told me to empty my bladder and not to expect to see much today because of how early I was. She stuggled to find anything and my bladder was filling up very quickly again so she asked me to do a sample and try and empty it again. she came back into the room and told me I must have miscarried as the test was negative. I was devastated and confused as to why the test was so different in such a short space of time. They didnt take a blood test or anything just sent me packing with the bad news. a day later ive still not had a period and have  woke up with my breasts more painful than ever and still feel pregnant. Ive had three miscarriages over the years and all have happened with heavy blood loss. Im now 39 days since my last period stared and 32 days after it ended. Is there any chance I still could be pregnant and the test showed negative because of the amount of water I drank for the scan. Please help (Im also 39 and feel my times running out to be a mum