Maternal & Child Community
pregnancy and vision
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pregnancy and vision

Has anyone experienced a decline or change in their vision during pregnancy?  I've had a decline in vision from 20/30 to 20/50 in only my left eye which I feel is unusual.  Been to 2 eye doctors and they found nothing else.  I suffer from amblyopia in my left eye so I didn't know if that could be the reason why my left eye was affected and not my right eye since I already had a preexisiting condition.  Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated!
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
159354_tn?1286371288
I've been pregnant once 2 years ago with a healthy pregnancy and my eyesight did decline during my pregnancy.  I've also been pregnant 3 times this year, going through unfortunately my 3rd m/c but my vision has gotten just a little worse again.

I'm sure it will bounce back again now that I will be taking a break from conceiving for at least 5 months.
Blank
Pregnancy does affect your vision somewhat, that is why they say do not go to the eye dr. when preggo.  Because your prescription may change.
Blank
had water on the eye when I was preggo with my first but it quickly went back to normal after I delivered
Blank
I also had my vision change a lot during my first month. I went to the doctor and he couldn't even get 20-20 with the corrective lenses! I was sent to the opthamologist and he said that I had something where my retina was leaking fluid...at the time, I didn't know I was pregnant. Now that we know I'm pregnant they said it was due to that, and that my vision should return completely after the first trimester. Weird, I know.
Blank
also be sure your blood pressure is good -- if it is getting too high it could affect vision too I think.
Blank
I did, with gestational diabetes, for last couple months. It can be a side effect of the GD. Were you tested yet for that?
Blank
Due to fluid changes in your body and your eyes, your prescription may change throughout your pregnancy.  It is a good thing that you went to your eye doc to rule out any eye diseases affecting your vision.  It probably has nothing to do with the ambyopia in your left eye. It should stabilize within 6 months post-baby.  Hang in there.
Blank
I had some vision problems with the first few months of this pg.  But i also was having blood pressure problems...now my vision is normal and my blood pressure is under control for the most part.  I think it was the one affecting the other.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...