Maternal & Child Community
pregnancy cramps or UTI?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

pregnancy cramps or UTI?

I have had 2 m/c in the past year. I am now seeing a fertility specialist who has been monitoring my cycles.  I ovulated one week ago, so I can't go for my preg test till next week.
In the past week Ihave had terrible pains similar to cramping, but in my lower abdomen, my lower back, and even down through my bum and legs.
Someone told me that it could be a UTI, although it does not burn when I pee.
Is it possible that it is pain related to being just-pregnant?
I fear that it means an ectopic pregnancy or something else wrong (not htat I even know that I am pregnant at this time).  They said that I would be ovulating from the left side, but most of the pain seems to be on the right side.
I'm trying to get an appt with my GP but no luck getting through yet.

I am also on progesterone suppositories 2x/day. COuld hte pain be related to this?
I'm afraid no one here can even give you an idea.  

No pain should be "terrible" if it is a normal symptom of a normal body function, so I would be inclined to get this checked out.  It would be too early (one week post ovulation) for it to be related to an ectopic.

Good luck.
You might have a UTI or Kidney infection, I'm 24 weeks pregnant and just got over a Bad Kidney infection. It didn't hurt to pee either but i was getting the same symptoms your discribing, it was on my left side and i would get a pain from my kidney to my stomach and it would hurt to sit. Get in and see your Dr ASAP don't just not think it's a pregnancy symptom, i was on bed rest for 5 days because of it. They will run the test at your clinic and give you the results there, that's what they do at my clinic anyway they take UTI's and Kidney infections seriously.