Maternal & Child Community
prevention of blighted ovum/ miscarriage in early stage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

i have had two miscarriages due to blighted ovum, both during 7-8 week of pregnancy. i am 29 yrs old.  in the first time the yolk sac size was 9.5 mm and fetal pole was absent whereas in the second pregnancy both the yolk sac and fetal pole were absent. I am married for 2 yrs and very much worried of not having a baby. i also have PCOs and taking metformin tablet for past 8 months. doctor advised me to try for pregnancy after 3-6 months gap. but i am very scared to try due to the fear of recurrence of blighted ovum. already gone through two miscarriages and subsquently two D&Cs. if anybody could, please help by giving advice on the possible ways to prevent blighted ovum. or anyother treatment to have a healthy pregnancy.