pushing
The past couple nights I have been waking up three and four times a night pushing like I'm having the baby.  It is really uncomfortable and I can't seem to stop once I wake up and am aware of it.  I'm not in any pain though.  I am 33 weeks and have been having a ton of Braxton Hicks.  Is this just practice too?  Has anyone else experienced this?
I've never heard of someone waking up at night pushing, actually.  I guess you're dreaming you are pushing the baby out????
Hmmm...I have not heard of this either officially but I do remember a feeling like that during the last 6 weeks of pregnancy. I had a large baby and the only way he arranged himself in there was somewhat diagonally, kind of wedged in between the left ribs and the right ovaries...Occasionally he moved a little and when his head was straight down, I often went into panic mode because it was an enormous push, probably just his head squishing my bladder but I was not so sure either if the birthing event was just about to start...It may be just your baby`s position.
that makes sense.  i have thought for a while that he was in there diagonally.  thanks ladies.
I know what your talking about! I had the same thing about a week ago and still to this day(I'm now 38 weeks) and I seriously thought I was going crazy.  For me, it was that there was SO much pressure that it felt like my body was starting to push and I had no control over it.  It was a little scary because I thought something was wrong since I wasn't having any contractions. It was pretty intense. My doctor told me to come in to check my cervix cause it was possible that I was in labour. But I was still closed, so he wasn't worried.  I guess our little ones are playing games or something.  I'd tell your doctor next time your in, just incase. But from my experience, it seems normal. It just sucks :O(
it doesnt seem like i am dreaming because i am waking up and it is still going on.  I guess i could be dreaming and physically acting it out.  the more i think about it it seems more like i am just pushing my stomach out.  like if you wanted to make your stomach look fat (when you arent pregnant).  i figure if i was actually pushing i would have wet the bed, at the least.  this is just so weird.  thanks again!
oh i feel so much better.  i really thought i was going crazy.  i didnt think i was dreaming but i wasnt going to rule anything out.  I'll definately talk to her next week.  Thanks!