Maternal & Child Community
recurrent miscarriages and low progesterone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I would like to know how would you know the difference when your prog. level is not going up due to an abnormal preg. or is it low and causing you not to be able to substain the preg. I had my prog. level before miscarriage and it was 6.2 it was a 10 a few days after ovulation. I had 2 miscarriages within a year. i need some advice.
i wish i had some help or advice for you. i didn't have any problems with my first pregnancy or with this one (so far) and i've never had a problem conceiving. i'm just impatient. have you taked to your dr.?
I've also just recently had my second miscarriage in a year i've had two healthy pregnancies so i have no idea what caused these. I live in Canada and not once during my miscarriages did anyone talk to me about progesterone i don't know if they even test that here. But now that i've been reseaching miscarriages i would really like to know about progesterone because i may need to take it while pregnant. I'm sorry for your losses but keep faith and hope.

Carla
i too had 2 miscarriages in a row, after 3 normal pregnancies. i got pregnant 2 weeks after my last one and i am now 19 weeks along and all is well. i was put on progesterone at the beginning of this one because it was low, as many women on here. i only had to take it till 14 weeks when the placenta takes over the production of it. i feel it would poss. help you to be put on it if u get pregnant again. only my opinion though. good luck to you.
attention pmom
did u take natural prog tablet or did you take suppository?
also did your dr just try prog after testing it during this preg or was this an option that your dr gave you prior to getting preg this time/
i too had m/c'e due to low progesterone. i take the pill vaginally every nite from ovulation till 12 weeks PG or AF shows up. it keeps your progesterone levels high enough to sustain the PG till the placenta starts to take over at 12 weeks.

love....kimmie
well kimmie did you get you bfp sweetheart...
sam
i was on progesterone pills once a day. he put me on them at my 8 week visit because i had tested slightly low and he flet it would help sustain the  pregnancy till the placenta took over at 14 weeks. well so far so good.
got a BFN this morn....still no sign of AF though....i called the doc and they said i could stop the prometrium if i wanted. i am just making sure i don't do it too soon and wash out another baby. i am about 16-17 DPO +/- a day...trying to figure out when it safe to stop.

love...kimmie
jacks123- with my blighted ovum in Feb, my dr. did not check my levels. When I was pg again in July, he checked them, and my progesterone was less than 4. But, he very honestly told me that he did not know if the pregnancy was abnormal BECAUSE of the low progesterone, or if the low progesterone was a result of an abnormal pregnancy. It turned out that one was ectopic. So, I'll be taking Prometrium right after ovulation this time.

surjiten- Hi and welcome!  AF is aunt flow (aka- your period), BFN is big fat negative, and BFP...big fat positive. Hpt is home pregnancy test, m/c is miscarriage.  Hope that helps.
OH my kimmie i was soo excited for you i was so sure u would get ur bfp. What is prometrium anyway, and did u get an actuall period after ur last m/c, because its probably bad timing, how did u know u ovualted so soon after ur m/c? Lots of questions huh? am just concerned and want u to get that bfp.

still no sign of my af either its now a week late, iam feeling some cramps but not strong slight ones like the one u get when ur uterus is grwoing to make room for babie, i hope this is the case so sorry hun but i would retest, hope u do, and i know u are strong anyway :) take care hun!!
Hi guys,
I am new to message boards and I dont understand half of the things. So anyways, I am pregnant and I am in the very early stage. I am 5 weeks pregnant. blood tests show that my progesterone is very low. I am on prometrium 2 x a day but they asked me to take 3x a day. I want to know what is AF and bfp and bfn.. thanks.. and all the best to you all who are pregnant.
i tried to join your forum but cant get in for some reason sweet... dont know if you can follow thread i started in middle of wed forum on this site and put your opinions forward fro me honey ...

tri
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi mslkpage,
thank you very much for the answer.

everyone
I am having bleeding gums. I heard that you have such problems during pregnancy but I thought its too early in the pregnancy. Does anyone know how long it is going to last?? It is hard for me to chew anything hard.
Lol BFN is BIG FAT NEGATIVE, when ur prego test is negative and BFP obviuosly that meanns BIG FAT POSITIVE lol OH and AF is Aunt Flow, which is used when talking about your period. Some others are M/C for MISCARRIAGE OR CM for CERVICAL MUCUS, or EWCM for EGG WHITE CERVICAL MUCUS. iam sure there is more but i only joined about a month and change ago, so iam still catching on too. i am a TTC'ER , which means TRYING TO CONCEIVE. gOOD LUCK ON YOUR PREGNANCY, U WILL FIND U GET ALOT OF HELP HERE!!!!!!
tri....i approved you the other day.....can you still not get in? i am going to go look now.

love....kimmie
thank you very much for the help
Hi Kimmie...

Have you got the bfp yet sweet or are you tryin this cycle with me... yes it looks like my af is on her way ...
I had sex late 13th and had brown stuff for hour or so yesterday and this mornin when i woke i had it still but now its gone again .. that nasty af lady is foolin round with me by the looks of it... if she does come properly that means i may o in week or so doesnt it so more baby dancing for me ..
aarrgggh just wish shed either come or not so i would know

how you any way sweetie...
sam