Maternal & Child Community
rubella????prolactin?????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

rubella????prolactin?????

Having lost my baby a few weeks ago I have just been told that I have tested positive for Rubella, my mother doesnt remember me getting a vaccine and it wasnt in the schools untill 1988..I left 1986...but, I am sure I remember having measels.....Also would this cause a misscariage and not a missed misscariage??? I also have high levels of prolactive which I have been given tablets for...but have been reading that this is normal after pregnancy, Does anybody have any information about this? I have been getting a rash, small pimples, on my face, neck, chest and back...and for a few days on my tummy while I was still pregnant, but it actually cleared up for a short time during my pregnancy and has returned with avengence!
I am sorry for your loss.  

If your rubella titer (test) came back positive, sometime in the past, you either had a shot for it or you had the illness.  This means you are immune now.   You don't have any risk to the baby in a pregnancy if you get exposed to someone with rubella.  Your miscarriage would not have had any relation to rubella.

It seems logical that prolactin might naturally be high at this point.  It could give you pimples, or other hormones from the pregnancy might do so.
If you had measles,  it sounds like in fact you did not get vaccinated for MMR, (measles mumps rubella).  In the air force they started vaxing all girls in 6th grade  for Rubella in about 1969,  because yes,  it is horrible if you get it while pregnant.  It definitely could cause your miscarriage,  or a baby with severe disabilities.  

Having rubella and then seeming to be cleared and then getting it right after that doesn't sound typical though.

I'm sorry for your loss.  I think you need to have a consult with your OB if you are planning to get pregnant again,  and figure out whether you actually do have rubella or need to get vaxxed for it.

Best wishes.