Maternal & Child Community
secondhand smoke in the house

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

secondhand smoke in the house

My father n law smokes in the house and i am six months pregnant and it is starting to really bug me. My mom keeps telling me that its really bad. How will it affect my baby?
I stayed away from smokers while being pregnant as far away as possible.  I don't want to inhale that nonsense, not even talking about my unborn child.  It's not good for anyone, yourself included.
Your primary job of providing your baby w/ a safe environment starts now! You must insist that he smoke outside ( is this your house?) or you leave whenever he lights up. Get on the internet and do some research, print the material and give it to him if need be. Plus get your dr. on your side as well. It is important  to set this boundary now- once the baby's born (again do research) you set him up for all kinds of problems by allowing him to be in a smoking home.
I WOULD NEVER BE SOMEWHERE THERE IS SMOKE.  I AVOIDED IT MY ENTIRE 9 MONTHS.  YOU ARE NOT GIVING YOUR UNBORN THE CHILD THE OPTION OF BREATHING CONTAMINATED AIR..HOW FAIR IS THAT