Maternal & Child Community
should i still be having irregular periods after my miscarriage 3 mon a...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

should i still be having irregular periods after my miscarriage 3 mon ago

Hello everyone!  I had a miscarriage in the begining of dec.  Ive had two normal periods since then. I was suppose to get a period mar 9th but am a few days late. I took a pregnancy test the day after my missed period and it came out negative. Could i still be pregnant or am i having a irregular period caused by my miscarriage?  Ive had no signs real big signs of pregnancy, but i didnt with my last one either. The only things ive notice is about a week and a half ago i got a thick white milky discharge out of my vigina (vagina) that lasted maybe two days (i normally get this before a period but not this bad) and i had sore breasts for maybe two days as well. Recently ive been urinating more often then usual. Im wondering if i should take another pregnancy test or just wait.
if you had 2 regular periods i dont think it would be becuase of the m/c. wait a day or so and test again. some womens periods do stop and start after a m/c.
i dont think im pregnant but its possible i dont use birth control and my husbend uses the "pull out" method.  The only time i could think of is a day or two after my last period he had in oops and didnt pull out in time. Yes i know the pull out method isnt full proof but we decided whatever happens happens
HI THERE..I WANTED TO WRITE TO YOU BECAUSE I AM GOING THRU THE EXACT THING THIS MONTH ALSO..IT WAS PRETTY WERID READING UR STORY, BECAUSE IT IS THE SAME AS MINE ALSO...I HAD A NATURAL M/C ON NOV 22,2005..HAD MY 1ST A/F ON 1/6/06, MY SECOND AF ON 2-5-06
WAS EXPECTING MY 3RD AF ON 3/6/06

TOOK 3 PREGANACY (pregnancy) TESTS ALL NEGATIVE..SPOTTED TUESDAY THRU THURSDAY, AND THEN ON FRIDAY PASSED A CLOT, AND MY "PERIOD" I GUESS HAS STARTED ON FRIDAY...THE WEIRD THING IS THAT IAM PASSING SO MANY CLOTS BIG AND SMALL..WELL I GUESS IT IT CONTINUES, AND DOES NOT STOP I WILL SEE THE DR..I WAS GUESSING THAT MY FIRST PERIOD AFTER MY M/C I WOULD EXPECT THIS ( WITH ALL THE CLOTS AND ALL), BUT I WOULDN'T IMAGINE MY 3RD ONE..
i had sever normal and abnormal cycles after my m/c in september. It is normal to have strange cycles after a m/c for up to 6 months....even if you have some normal ones in between. So hang in there and it should clear up soon. I hope you get a BFP!!!!

love, hugs, and baby dust....kimmie
yeay miss kimmie is back. glad to see you here again kimmie))))
Well its the 12th and still no sign of my period no spotting or anything and i was suppose to get it on the 9th. I took a pregnancy test today and its still negative. if i dont get by wed im gonna go to the doc. but take another pregnancy test first maybe its to soon to tell or something else is wrong
i agree.  since my mc in dec, my af has been heavier, crampier, and much more clots (tmi i know).  i guess it just takes time.
I am confussed... I had a M/C on Jan. 23 2006 and about 2 1/2 weeks after i stopped bleeding i had my period..I think? .On feb 17th...It was very light and short.  A couple days ago i had a little spotting but no A/F....I have been urinating more and have tender breasts...Can i be pregnant again this soon after my M/C? Or could i still have some simptons from the last pregnancy?
It is nice to hear other people are going through what you are going through. I had a miscarriage at the end of November. It would have been nice at your follow-up visit if your doctor would have told you what to expect. I did not need a D/C affter my miscarriage so the first period I got I spotted for 3-4 days before I really started my period.  I called my doctor and they said it was hormonal. I have now spotted every period since. I called my doctor back and for the first time they told me this can happen for up to 6-8 months. They would decrease your worry level if they told you what to expect. I am now trying to get pregnant again and my periods are so irregular so am having some difficulty. This month I had a very small amount of spotting on the 25th day since I last began spotting with my previous period. Does this mean I can't get pregnant this month because I already spotted? Can I spot at different times of the months after a miscarriage. Could I be pregnant???
Hi my name is Amanda im 21 I have two children both boys I have had irregular periods for a very long time I thought I was getting back on tract since I was starting like 18 or between 24 of each month but I didnt have a period at all in Dec and started back again Jan 6th and Feb 5th 2006 and I havent had a period since and I took a preg test and came out neg but My
left breast has been leaking a lil and I have felt a lil
sick and today I have had a lil bit of milky white discharge
my husband says its due to stress but I didnt tell him about
the discharge since it just happend about an hour ago also I
dont feel preg because when I was preg with both my (boys) children I knew I was preg if anyone might knows what this
could be maybe im gonna start now since im like 25 days late
and im having a or so far 53 day cycle and still no period if
anyone can help please let me know thanks....
Hi Everyone,
        Well My question is March 14, I had my second miscarriage (my first was Feb 1,2006.) I started to spot monday and tues, then today I started having a heavy period LOTS of clots is this normal? I feel happy that I finally got my period this time for that means I'm not pregnant again so soon. Husband and I want to start again BUT was told to wait till I have a period. But Since I never had one after the first MC I wasn't for sure if lots of clots were normal or not. I'm hoping it is and that means we can hopfully try after it's all over with and Hopefully carry a full pregnancy.But just wondered if it's normal?