Maternal & Child Community
showing at 3 months

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

showing at 3 months

Hi everyone,

I have been away for awhile--busy teaching and praying this pregnancy will be ok after m/c in January.  Anywhoo, I will be 3 months on Friday and feel like I should be showing more.  I can't remember from my first pregnancy how much I showed at 3 months. If someone could help me remember or tell me what is "normal" at 3 months, I could subside my worrying a bit.  Also, I have had a cold for the past 5 days and have noticed that I have peed a lot less than normal.  I was worried something happened to the baby, but then I hoped that my body was absorbing all of the fluids b/c I am sick.  Any thoughts on that would be appreciated too.  Thanks so much ladies for responding.  As always, I am grateful.  
yes the pee thing is probably from the cold... thats why they tell you to load up on fluids when youre sick.
as for "showing" most ppl dont show at 3 mos at all... especially if you are even a tiny bit fluffy in the middle to begin with.  at 3 mos you pretty much should only have a firmer feeling tummy.
I didn't start showing until around 20 weeks.  Then it was just a little pooch.  Now at 29 weeks I am starting to look like I have a basketball under my shirt.  Glad to hear this pregnancy is working out for you!
Yep the wee thing is from the cold.

Like the above poster said most woman don't show quite that early? you might feel a hardness?? or poss bloting??

I didn't start showing with my first 3 preg till i was 16-24 wks. I have started  showing alittle with this one at 16 wks,i'm 18wk 2d and no-one that doesn't know has not noticed yet.
I am nearly 16 weeks and have a nice round bump bit I am very skinny if you don't know me well you cant tell!

x
I was bloated some and around 12 weeks it stopped and my belly got thin again.  My sis showed with hers early like that and she is pretty tiny.  I know that I was showing earlier with #2 than I did with my first, and many women are in amternity clothes by 4 months, so it could very well be that you are showing.  Your uterus is rising up and so your organs are moving up too.
I am with the rest of them I didn't really start showing till around 16wks or so and now at 19wks you can really tell. Don't fret too much on the peeing thing. Maybe try and drink more water, that will keep you hydrated.
Hi This is my third pregnancy and I have noticed that I am starting to look and feel "thick" around the middle and I am 13 wks pregnant. But, it is only noticeable to me and not to anyone else. Dont worry about the cold it will probably hang around for awhile but drink a lot of fluids!!

Take Care!