Maternal & Child Community
spotting at 9 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

spotting at 9 weeks

Hi! I got up last night to use the bathroom and had some slight spotting--very light pink in color.  I haven't had anything yet today.  I had a u/s on 10/26 and we saw and heard the heartbeat.  Once the heartbeat is heard do your chances of miscarriage go down?  I was up all night thinking of what else could have triggered this---on my feet all day at work, a touch of intestinal flu I think I have or sex from 2 nights ago.  My husband is out of town and I'm just really freaking out.  Thanks for listening.
I had bleeding at 6 weeks with this pregnancy. It wasn't heavy, but I did have some pains to go with it so I thought for sure I was miscarrying like I had done previously at 8 weeks in a pregnancy before this one. An u/s and blood tests revealed everything was fine and we saw a beating heart on our baby. A few days ago, at 19 weeks pregnant, I had a spot of blood in my underwear. When I went to show my husband and get some new underwear and a panty liner I started bleeding very heavy, just kind of pouring or running out covering my pants and underwear. I was rushed to the labor and delivery at 9PM where they did some tests and checked me out by u/s and internal exam. I'm not dilating and the u/s showed the baby looked good as did the fluid. The bleeding looked like it was just turning to spotting so they told me to go home and come back if it happened again. I have an appointment on Tuesday with my OB cause she was out of town this week, so we'll see what's going on. No one seemed to have any good reason for the bleeding, but everyone agreed it is not normal to bleed so much so far along.

Good luck to you, I can tell you there is still hope!
I had spotting with my last pregnancy and he is a healthy 23 month old. I am pregnant with #3 and I have experienced very light spotting with this pregnancy also. I think in my case it is "normal". Hopefully your spotting is "normal" also. I saw my OBGYN on 11/2 and he said for me not to worry, unless the spotting is really heavy and accompanied by cramping. If you are only having light pink spotting and no cramps and it isn't continously, I wouldn't worry. You must inform your OB of any spotting or unusual cramping. So,it is worth mentioning to your Dr. but, try not to worry. Stress and worrying do more damage to our bodies tha anything else. Please keep us posted? You are in my thoughts!!
I've spotted w/ both pg's. The DR always blames it on sex w/in a few days of the spotting (cervix is extra sens.) or lig. stretching & blood shedding a little from your uterus w/ so much blood flow. I know it's scary I've even had bright red blood before, but the DR always said it's alot more common than we think. Hope it stops so u can rest easily. I always spot again close to 17 wks, weird but I've also done it w/ this one! LOVE & PRAYERS
I spotted for the first 5 to 6 weeks of my pregnancy.  I bugged the **** out of my doctor but it made me feel better.  There was never an explanation and everything is still fine. I know it's nerve racking and I wish you the best.
I had spotting at 18 weeks, had a beautiful girl to term, and never knew why I bled so much.

Take Care and keep positive.  I had 2 MC and lost last one at 10 weeks, but baby was showing size of 6 weeks, instead of 10 weeks, and there was still a heartbeat.  

get an U/S and see if baby measuring correctly at 9 wks.  you should be okay if baby is.

God Bless You
When I have had pink spotting I carried the baby to term.

When I have had red spotting I have miscarried.