stomach stiffness
im worried that any day my baby will want to come out, as i walk or lie down my stomach hardens and its very uncomfortable, especially when i get intimate with my husband is the worst feeling that i feel the baby move straight down. is this normal? i feel some pain on lower stomach sometimes and then it goes away, i am 23 weeks, and have been feeling like this for 4 weeks or more.but now it gets hard more often as it grows.
Hi!
Some cramps are expected in pregnancy due to hormonal changes, gas, constipation etc. If you have a tipped or retroverted uterus then this can also cause pain. It can also be due to infection. Any sharp pain in the abdomen should be immediately shown to the gynecologist. It can be due to gas, threatened abortion, infection or due to unrelated causes such as kidney or gall bladder stones. Ectopic pregnancy should also be ruled out (very unlikely in your case at 23 weeks).
Avoid intercourse until you have seen your gynecologist. Take care!