swelling at 35 weeks?
Well, we just reached our new home in Texas (moved from WI) last Thursday.  Yesterday I arranged my new insurance and made an appt. with a new dr.  He couldn't see me until next week he said, but finally fit me in this Thursday when I said I wasn't feeling very well.  I had no issues with swelling until we sat down in the car to drive down here.  It started with my ankles, then my feet, toes, etc.  Now my hands are fat and even my eyes are feeling funny.  My blood pressure has been good, last checked on Aug. 17 and it was 104 over 70-something.  I hate to ask this, because goodness knows I have enough to worry about what with moving and DD starting K and all, but should I be super worried about this, too?  Obviously I will be receiving care on Thursday, but do you think I need to push it more?
I'd call your doctor and tell them about your swelling b/c sounds like they could be preeclampsia symptoms.  I'd be shocked if they didn't squeeze you in to minimally take your blood pressure and see about protein in urine.  

I've had swollen ankles/feet since April but my doctor didn't really start paying any real attention to it until I was in my 36th week when he said that toxemia/preeclampsia tends to set in around then.  Call your doc, stay off your feet (no more packing for you!) and drink plenty of fluids.

Good luck!
Call the doctor, you should get checked out before Thursday.
Wow, you sound just like me.  I'm 35 weeks, my feet are beyond belief, my toes look like bratwursts, and I just sent one off to K  (sniff, sniff).  I called my dr. today aboout the swelling.
He said, as long as my bp was ok, which was 108/68, I must lay down as much as possible with my feet ABOVE my heart.  Drink a lot more water, even if you already do.  Try to stay OUT of the heat.  Stay away from salt as much as possible.  If you start to see spots, seek medical attention.
Girl, I feel your pain.  As long as your BP is ok, they won't be very concerned.  My appt. isn't until next Wed, and he wouldn't change it or see me any sooner.  He also said that with the heat, everyone is calling in about swelling.  Get your BP checked.  Go to Walgreens or Walmart, and use the machine if you have to!  Good luck!!!!
Thanks for your opinions and advice.  I just went to the local grocery store to use the automated blood pressure cuff.  My BP there was 112/69.  It is high for me (and creeping upward slowly) but not in a danger zone.  I will TRY to get more rest, and I'm am staying out of the heat as much as I can.  Oh, and I downed a bottle of water on my way home from the store.  My appt. is first thing Thursday morning, so I think I'll make it-I feel better after the BP reading, though it wasn't at the dr. office.
Those automated machines at the store are notoriously high, too.  You're probably fine.  Run it by the doc on Thurs.  
Hi!  Where in Texas did you move?  I am from/live in Texas near Fort Worth.
I hope you get to feeling better and stay out of the TX heat!!!!!
I swelled so much with Nadezdha that I didn't even notice it till today when the swelling seems to have started to disappear.  Now that things are going back to "normal" I think my swelling started almost the moment I got pregnant, god even at 2 months pregnant my ankles were huge!  I can actually see my ankles now, I don't have cankles anymore and my hands don't burn when I bend my fingers!  WOW!

Anyhow, I would talk to the doctor bjust to be sure and drink plenty of water (not soda or juice, water and lots of it).
OK, good to know!  I actually worried (go figure) that they would read it too 'low.'