taking metformin and no period
I am new to the formum but I have a quetion.  I am taking metformin now for about 2wk.  My AF Should have come a little over a week ago.  I am afraid to teSt becauSe there have been other timeS when I have been late and waSn't pg. I juSt got a preScription of Clomid and am SuppoSed to try it my next cycle.  My huSband SayS that I juSt needed the preScription in my hand and that I am pg.  HaS thiS happened to anyone elSe that haS been on Metformin??  I have been diagnoSed with PCOS but normally have my AF every month though not at the Same timeS every month.  I juSt need Some advice.  Thank you So much!!!
I just started metformin yesterday ( I also have PCOS). I am supposed to start clomid after my AF....did you O this month? metformin is not a for sure for AF..but I would wait it out a few more days and take a test to calm your mind after a few days. Good luck, baby dust!
I did O this month. I have been charting and doing the ovulation predictors.  I really thank you for your advice. I live in a house with my dh and my father-in-law right now so I don't have any other females to talk to.  I am really hoping to be pg.  My husband and I have been trying for 2 1/2 years.  I don't know anyone else with PCOS so I have a question for you (if you don't mind). Is there anything else I can try as far as medicine for the PCOS? I finally found a really good OB and he put me on the metformin this month and then wanted me to start the clomid.  I just wanted to know if there is something else I might want to suggest to the dr.  Again thank you so much.  It is really nice to talk to someone that is going through the same thing.  
I've been on metformin for a little over a month now.  I started 18 Jan.  I started my clomid last night!  I'm excited...  But let me tell you.  I have the worse side affects you can imagine.  So the doctor told me that there might be side affects with metformin and clomid???  I took my first pill of clomid last night before bed and I slept horrible.  I would rather feel sick in the day than for me not to get a good night sleep.  So today, of course, I took my pill around 3 pm.  I should for sure sleep well tonight.  But I have to say.... all this medicine is making me feel sick.  I am scheduled to BD with DH in 8 days!  I'm on a count down!  LOL.  Good luck with your metformin and clomid!  I've heard a lot of positive outcomes!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sticky Baby Dust!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have heard a LOT of good come out of met. and clomid, I'm hoping as you are. My Dr. is also having me to a self injections (yikes!) or ovadril (sp?) with the clomid(I think that this insure the release of an egg). I still am having to wait a few more weeks before i can take provera again(cd19 today) and then I will be in your boat with the clomid and injection. My Dr. told me that he would do IUI this month with me....but I said that I would like to just try with the meds first (it is so expensive). If the meds don't work I will try IUI in teh summer ( I am a teacher...so days off time off is hard right now)If I can help with anything else please let me know...good luck...YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!! baby dust!
hello everyone! i have PCOS too and im also taking metformin ive been on it for 4 months now..and with 0 results..i was do to ovulate today and i dont think it happen..i will still pray for the next couple days because my period is soo wacko! i have an appo. with my Dr. next month and im hoping he can give me clomid to see if i can fall preg. than its not an easy thing but we just need to be stong!!! i wish you all ladies good luck and baby dust to all!!!!!!
I AM TAKING METAFORMIN ALSO I JUST HAD MY SECOND IVF (ICSI) RETRIEVAL WAS ON 14TH AND MY TRANSFER WAS ON THE 17TH I TAKE INJECTIONS EVERYDAY I HAD 3 A DAY AND NOW I AM DOWN TO JUST THE PROGESTERONE IT'S NOT THAT BAD I MEAN IT IS BUT THE OUTCOME WILL BE WORTH IT :)BUT ANYWAY RIGHT BEFORE I WAS TO START MY FIRST IVF CYCLE I DIDN'T START MY PERIOD EITHER FOR 2 MONTHS THEY TOLD ME THAT IT WAS MY NERVES...I KNOW, RIGHT...BUT SOMETIMES IF I AM BUSY AT WORK OR HAVE A LOT OF THINGS GOING ON THAT  MONTH I WILL HAVE A OFF MONTH OF MY CYCLE

SO I KNOW THIS IS WEIRD, AND NONE OF US HAVE HOPED FOR A PERIOD BEFORE, WELL MAYBE IN COLLEGE..LOL

BUT I AM WITH YA GIRL I HOPE IT COMES SOON SO YOU CAN GET ON WITH YOUR TREATMENT

hi im 24years old and i had a miscarriage two years ago,  i found out right after my miscarriage that i have pcos im taking metformin but i havent got my period and i get frustrated because im not pregnant..should i be taking something else?
hi, i have pcos and was getting checkups from three doctors already. the first doctor didn't treat my pcos so i decided to get a second opinion. then the second doctor diagnosed me with metformin and dyphaston. But with fear of using hormones, i tried to look for another doctor. So the last doctor was okay. He gave me metformin with 1500mg a day and do some diet and excercise. He assures that by october I will be pregnant. However, this is just a month of using and I was supposed to have my period on the August 27th. However, I only had a spot and it was gone the next day. The spot came back on the 1st of Sept. and up to now I still don't have my period. I noticed that my breast became bigger and before it has been so tender to touch. No abdominal pain either. Is this a side effect of taking in metformin? or am I already pregnant? I have a 4year old kid and was diagnosed to have pcos after a year I gave birth. And now I'm really wanting to be pregnant again... help!!!
i'm gonna start clomid but my doc hasnt told me when to start taking it
my doc are rubbish it took then 2 year to tell me i had pco. me and my partener really want another chil as i have 2 already and doc said im very luck to have got pre all but myself  can anyone help i dont really wanna ask them again