Aa
A
A
Close
thirsty and pregnant at 6 weeks exactly
I am just wondering if anyone else is more thirsty than normal? I feel fine in everyother way, with sore breasts and frequent urination. I have had no morning sickness...yet?? No bleeding, knock on wood. But I feel more thirsty. My blood pressure is normal has always been on the low end. Any ideas is this normal? I am 6 weeks exactly but I suspect late fertiulization b/c my v/us was blank at 5 weeks.

PS You are all so great and thanks for being patient with me while i learn the ropes! What a wonderful resource.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Well congrats, yes being thirsty is normal, but if your drinking a ton and you have to pee ALOT more then usal get checked for diabeates.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Yes!  Finally someone else who has excessive thirst during pregnancy.  Just to comfort you, I've had extreme excessive thirst throughout this entire pregnancy, since week 6 (now almost 34 weeks pregnant).  It would get so bad I'd have to keep a glass of water next to my bed at night because the thirst would wake me up.  The kicker was, because I drank water at night, I'd have to get up and go pee which would cause me to lose sleep, but I would drink some more when I got up.  Vicious cycle!  I'm still doing it to this day.  I thought I probably had gestational diabetes because of it, but all the tests came back normal.  Try not to worry about the diabetes thing, it's not always true although it is a symptom.  Good luck and have a happy and healthy 9 months!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
thanks for the input! It really helps to know its not just me :) DR. tomorow...can't wait. I keep water by my bed everynight too!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
thirsty and pregnant at 6 weeks exactly
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
Top Children's Health Answerers
134578_tn?1446090952