Maternal & Child Community
trying to get pregnent with a thyroid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

trying to get pregnent with a thyroid

I want to get pregnant but i don't know if my thyroid will let it happen
I have hypothyrodism and it is pretty bad. I take a high dosage of Synthroid every morning and I am now pregnant. I have two sons already and all this with a problematic thyroid and diabetes. It will happen hun! Just breath and relax. I found after I quit trying is when it always happened for me and I think that is because the stress of trying was gone. Good luck!!
I have hypothyroidism too and I got pregnant.  My baby is 3 months old.  So, yes your thyroid will let you.  Thyroid medications can make birth control not work.  My thyroid doctor says alot of her patients accidently get pregnant.