Maternal & Child Community
umbilical hernia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

umbilical hernia

Hello Everyone, I am 25 weeks prego and I just got back from my dr because I have a lemon size bump right above my little girl.. The  Dr said it was an umbilical hernia and that's pretty much it... I was wondering if any of you could help me out. I’ve been looking for information on this and cant find anything... I didn’t have this until about 5 weeks ago and now its so painful. Does anyone have any advise or go through the same thing.. I think i could deal with it if it didn’t hurt... It's just making me worry because not only do I have the umbilical hernia but also a small "window" in my uterus.. This Pregnancy is just doing a number on me... Thanks in advance for any help!!!!!
I have a hernis in my belly button. I never did ask the doctor what it was but online I found that it is a weakness or opening in the muscle tissue that holds organs in place. Your organs can actually pop out of the opening and will have to be pushed back in. I'm not sure how they do it but I had mine for about 5 years now and I've been fine. My doctor said she might take care of it after I have my baby but it really doesn't cause me problems except when I have an exam and the doctor pushes on it. It will take a surgery to take care of it and can become very dangerous but I think you'll be okay until you have your baby. As I said I've had mine for 5 years.