undecended testicle in my 4 year old son
My son was born with his right testicle undecended, which corrected itself shortly after he was born.When he was 8 months old the doctor refered him to a specialist, as his testicle was up again.The specialist told us that the scartissue from a previous herniarepair(he was 2 month old) pulled his right testicle back up. The specialist arranged an operation for having his testicle pulled down, which he had done about 1 and a half years ago.When he had his follow-up the doctor discovered,that my sons testicle was up again, and he told us, that my son must have very strong scartissue, which caused the testicle being pulled up again. My son will have another operation this December.
What is going to happen, if his scartissue will pull his testicle up again?
Is he more at risk of cancer in the future, as his testicle never really had a chance to grow?
I wish I could help answer your question, but I really don't have any knowledge in this area.  Don't be upset if you don't get many replies--people might just not know what to say.
My advice would be to post this very question in either the family practice forum or the urology forum. Unfortunately, I don't know that anyone can answer this question for you. It sounds like it is more of a wait and see situation.

Andrea
this happened to my husband when he was a boy. it happened so many times that he eventually had to have that testicle removed (after the 4th operation it had reverted so far up and became inflamed- it was in major danger of rupturing). This was almost 20 years ago though, so maybe technology has improved since then.

sorry you are having to go through this. can't imagine my children having to have surgery once let alone 3 times.
You should also think about seeing more doctors is great to get lots of opinions..Some doctores are in it for the money and some are in it to help people..
thank you very much for your replies. I will try the other forums. I had an idea, that i wont get so many replies, as from all my friends or people in general nobody seems to know about it. But thanks anyway.
My son had the same problem but I did not discover this until he was 12 years old.  After he was out of diapers we didn;t go there anymore...anyway he had surgery and they brought it down.  If they do not bring the testicle down a boy runs a very high risk of testicular cancer before the age of 19.  If you have another surgery make sure they stich the testicle in place.  Your son should have a incision on the stomach as well as the sack. If you can see a urologist who specializes in pediatrics.  Good luck