unsure pregnancy and amusement park
AF is 6-7 days late with a negative pg test.  I do not want to get a blood test unless necessary.  I am suppose to go with the family to an amusement park on Saturday.  If AF does not cone and test still negative what do you feel about the rides at the park.  How long does it take for a blood test to get more difinive results?  What is your general thought?
Thanks.  I did not think the rides would make any difference so early on but I had miscarried 3 months ago  (I had JUST gotten on bc and was taking a medication I do not think helped).  I wanted to get someone else's input on it.
Af for me is due on Aug 4th. We are also going to an amusement park on Aug 9th. I was wondering the same thins as you. I decided if I get a + I won't ride any jostley type rides (roller coaster) but the gentle rides I'll go on. Have fun!
I was told amusement parks are okay in the beginning of pregnancy. It's near the end that you would need to be concerned.
About a week or 2 I found out I was pregnant we went to Disney World and I went on a bunch of rides and so far everything is fine I am 36 weeks tomorrow. But if you are super consirned then I would just skip it.
I wouldn't ride the rides.

I found out on July 13th that I was pregnant.  The next day we flew to Orlando (had already planned the trip).  I asked my doctor if it was okay to ride rides, and she said it would only make me sick, but should be okay.

But, while still on vacation, the day or so after Universal Studios, I started spotting....then we went to the emergency room on July 21st and the doctor there confirmed I had already miscarried.  My first pregnancy.  I saw something in the toilet on July 19th....so I think that was the fetus.  

I'm not saying the rides caused this (I didn't go on roller coasters, but I did do the log ride which had a drop), but I sure wish I hadn't gone on vacation at all....maybe I'd still be pregnant.  :(

I wouldn't go on the rides.
Allie and Misteltoe-
Thank you ladies so much for posting. Allie, bless your heart, it wasn't your fault. But thanls for warning others, now we all know not to risk riding the rides. hugsssssss!
if you didnt get a pos then I would.  i hated being "fake" pregnant every month.  gotta live life too!  I did everything as normal til i got that pos preg test.  everyone is different.
I thank you very much for your advice.  I think I will probable stick with the swings and the other little kiddy rides that my 4 year old would ride then.  I will allou my husband ride with my 8 year old.  If I find out that I am pg then I will probable not ride at all.  I appreciate everyone's thoughts and comments!
If your are over a week late and the test is negative I'd ride the rides.  The blood test should be positive at this point.  The blood test is reliable early on.  

I wouldn't ride the rides if I were pregnant, though.  Almost all of the rides tell you to not ride them if you are pregnant, that's for a reason.

If you were pregnant and rode the rides and the worst happened would you be able to not blame yourself?  That's the question, isn't it?  

But it doesn't sound like you are pregnant. I'm not saying anything bad would happen or that you shouldn't ride the rides if you are pregnant.  It's just a decision you have to make.
I have been tring for almost 3 years now and I have taking a few Blood tests to determine pregnancy (all negative) But my Dr. who ordered them said that the urine tests are just as accurate at determining pregnancy the reason for doing the blood tests is to figure out how far along you are by the HCG levels in your blood.  

As for riding amusement park rides at such an early stage in pregnancy, I don't really think it would be a problem unless you have had dificulty concieving or had previous m/c.  The only reason I say this is because many women do not even know that they are pregnant until 2 or more monthes into their pregnancies.  But truely if you know that you are I would steer clear of any really jarring rides (roller coasters and alpine sled kinds)
Everyone's body is very diferent,
I went on a jet boat (really bumpy) early in my pregnancy, about 3-4 weeks. I was fine but when I discussed this later with a friend, she miscarried when she was 7 weeks pregnant doing the exact same thing.
Just like for example, my BFP test showed as early as 8 days late from my AF. My best friend didn't show up for almost 2 months!! Everyone's body is different. Use your best judgement.
Thanks Baby4me...

Everyone says it's nothing I did....but I'm still sad...  I wish I would have just stayed home...then if it had happened, I would know I didn't do anything.

Who knows about those rides.  Maybe they're safe, maybe not.  I just know I won't do it again.
I am now 2 weeks late as of oct.7th and i have taken like 4/5 tests all  negative...exagerated i know! :( but I had only ever missed a period once before (almost a yr ago) but then i got it on the 1st of the following month. And i know that was due to stress at that time. I hadnt been stressing this time so i cant think of a reason why. ugh! i dont know what to do or think. But im going to great america 2mrw should i get on the rides or no?