Maternal & Child Community
was pregnant and didnt know it, had a miscarriage
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

was pregnant and didnt know it, had a miscarriage

Hi I was pregnant and didn't know it.
after what I thought was a really long period (21/2 weeks compared to my usual 4 days) I decided to go to the doctor and found out I wasn't having a difficult period or hormones, I was having a miscarriage I was at least 2 months pregnant(I didn't know it because I had normal periods and a neg. Pregnancy test result before) It's been a month all together since I started bleeding . If I don't expell the sac that's still in me I will have to have a D&C :/ I'm so scared since this is my first pregnancy and im 18. Is this procedure painful? How long do women usually bleed after a miscarriage?
Related Discussions
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Normally a woman bleeds for a week and then has a yellowish discharge for another. If you are still having bleeding a month later, then either there is a hormone imbalance, or there are retained pieces of conception in your uterus. You are right-you will need D and C for that. But before that they will check your uterus—both by clinical exam and by ultrasound, and your hormone levels. If the bleed is due to hormones—simply taking some pills for a few months as advised by doctor will help.
Today, D &C is a routine procedure, done under deep sedation, and not painful.
Do discuss this with your gynecologist and get yourself examined. Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank