Maternal & Child Community
what could....umbillical cord tore from a fall of the baby during birth...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

what could....umbillical cord tore from a fall of the baby during birth delivery

what is the affect on a childs development from a birth injury where the umbillical cord tore from a fall approximately 3 1/2 feet high, baby landed on his face, right parietal cephalohematoma...during overnight observation... baby had thermoregulation inefficiency (temperature dropp) and was placed in a warmer...

while i really don't know the answer to that question, i have to ask did you ask your doctor this queston? i hope your child is ok but how in the world did that happen? if u don't want to answer that is ok but i have never heard of that happening.
That is mindblowing. I would say your Dr, nurses, and anyone present should give you all the answers you can ask. All I know about ubillical cord injuries is the risk for an increase in infection in that area. The fall alone could cause injury. Is this your baby? I hope it all works out.
Could you elaborate a little more?  What exactly happened?  Did the doctor drop the baby on the floor at birth?  Did the baby strike it's head?  How quickly did they stop the bleeding from the cord?  Did they do a blood count on the baby?

Temperature instability is a transient, common problem that may have had nothing to do with what happened.  The cephalohematoma could have been the result of the fall, or happens quite often during birth.