Maternal & Child Community
yeast infection or what???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

yeast infection or what???

Ok, I've been at the beach for the past week and while I was there me and my DH were having sex and it started burning, it did this twice. well i,ve never had a yeast infection before but thats what I tought it was so i went to the drug store and bought some medication for it. I took it on friday night, well on sat. i had some spotting. It was just when I wiped, not even enoght to wear a panyliner. I am about 9 or 10 dpo so it cant af coming this soon. I just didnt know if it had to do with the yeast infection or possibly i'm preggo. i took a hpt this am before we left the beach and it was neg. any suggestions??
i  just got bfp on 6/13 and about 5-6 days before af was to arrive i got light pik spotting only when i wiped-i now know that it was implantation bleeding so that may be what it is.

i have also heard that you are more susceptable to yeasts infx  during pregnancy so who knows.

good luck to you!
it could be a yeast infection, when i have one i tend to spot on and off but only when i wipe. on the other hand you may well be pregnant, you seem like your trying or you wouldnt be suggesting this. i dont think pregnancy causes burning sensation. you might have a bladder or kidney infection, that causes bleeding sometimes, but if theres blood in your urine go to the doctor. you might have spotted because of the sex!! it does happen. if it continues go to your doctor. nobody on here can tell you whats wrong 100 per cent, i can only give you my opinion.
I always get a yeast inf immediately when I get preg. Usually about a week before I get a positive. I have never had one except for then. I have had 7 preg and its happened every time.
if youve never had a yeast infection before, the box instructions state to be checked by a medical professional before use- atleast every box i have come across. maybe follow those instructions and get a confirmed answer first or "next time".
My above post was just "matter of fact"-ish, not meant to be snarky or *itchy by any means. You just don't want to assume you have a yeast infection if you've never had one diagnosed before. There are cases of yeast infections that become resilliant to the medications, so I was just trying to be helpful.