Menopause Community
Perimenopause And Continuous Spotting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Perimenopause And Continuous Spotting

Hi Everyone:

I'm 52 (nearly 53 years old in a week...uggghhh) and I've been having problems with on and off very light spotting (doesn't require more than a panty liner) since the beginning of April when my daughter moved away from home with someone that I'm not happy about (the Stressor).  I have some days with no spotting...sometimes a week or more and then, back to it.  Perhaps, once or twice a day, sometimes brownish tinge, sometimes red/pink/rust.  

I went nearly a year without any periods or bleeding between 2007 and 2008 then, went back to having 3 normal periods in 2008.  I went to my family doc during that time frame and talked to her about it.  I had an ultrasound done after the fist period finished and a PAP, mammogram etc..  Everything was "normal" she said for this stage of things.  My last period was December 2008 and nothing since.  Then, in April of this year, I began this nagging, annoying on and off spotting that just won't quit!  I went back to my doc and she did another trans vag ultrasound.  My lining thickness was 16 mm or 1.6 cms this time.  PAP was normal, mammogram normal etc..  So, I'm being referred to a gynecologist at my request for a more thorough exam and possible uterine biopsy.  But, it takes so long to get in to see these specialists.  In the meantime, I have all kinds of things running through my head and all kinds of PMS symptoms even though it's on and off spotting (ie: breast tenderness, mood swings, headache, low backache, crampy feelings just prior to spotting starting).  

I should also mention that I'm going through biopsies on my thyroid (multi-nodular goitre) which they say is working fine.  I've been losing hair with it thinning greatly, have put on about 40 lbs in the past 2 years, and have a prolapsed uterus that has been checked over the years.  I am stressed greatly due to other things going on personally besides my daughter leaving so, not sure what plays what roles where.  

Does anyone have anything that they can share with me?  Any ideas/similar stories?  I'm going NUTS with worry over this on top of everything else.  :(   Your help would be much appreciated and so welcomed!!!

Tags: spotting
Forgot to mention that I've had regular PAPs every year....all normal as well as a few trans vag ultrasounds so, I've been good in keeping up with all of this.