Sudden onset of skin wrinkling and sagging in arms
Hi all. New to this. I am a 44 year old woman who is physically fit (gym 5 days a week) and eats pretty well.

Approx 5 weeks ago I developed veins showing on both hands. They have not gone away and infact they are bulging most times, and I can "feel them". They have increased and I can see some starting to climb up my forearm now. Before this, my veins barely ever showed.

Approx 2 weeks ago, I developed wrinkling (crepe paper look) on my forearms (near connection of elbow) and on my upper arms. My arms have gone from 44 years old to looking like those of a 60 year old woman.

Approx 5 days ago my skin started sagging and I have now developed that "flap" by my triceps. My arms have always been my pride and joy..I work so hard at them, and they have been so tone,..now they look flabby and sagging with wrinkles.
I am in a panic. Have a doctors appointment for Friday.

Yes, I am fair, Yes, I have been sunburnt many times over the years. My mother had wrinkles also, but to have this come on so very sudden, I don't know what to think.

As far as periomenopause, it sounds like this shouldn't happen so suddenly and usually the elasticity is after menopause. I don't have any symptoms yet, except for my period being early once in a while.

I am 44 years old, and have gone, in 2 weeks, from having 44 year old skin to skin of a 60 year old. Could someone please help? I'm very distressed.
I am 64 and so down about my crepey upper arms and saggy knees. So glad I found this forum! I have always been an exerciser and where I currently work out I am surrounded by women in their 30's. I so enjoy them but iam the ONLY one with the crepey skin and I feel so self-conscious. I will try to cut back on my coffee now. Also calling doc today about IPL for upper arms and its efficacy. Many of your comments make me smile!
I hope you are still watching this forum.  Just wanted you to know that I did exactly what you mentioned.  I found one of the best endocrinologists in the country who specializes in menopause.    
I am  just one month into therapy and on just a very low dose of estradiol at this time.  But will certainly be adding progesterone and testo to the mix after I get my estradiol level up.  
I may not ever look 45 again, but gosh darn it, is it too much to ask to have energy, good sleep, libido, and be happy.  Those tiny chemicals affect every cell in our bodies.  I'm not willing to give up, on who I have always been.
This getting older thing -------.  (Fill in the blank)
i am so glad i bumped into this amazing forum. Thank you for being so honest. Thank god i can now be honest with you girls
So not fair it's a general girlie problem. And like you girls, have noticed 'changes' in the inner tights and creepy flabby bingo wings even if I work out!
I am 43. Diagnosed approaching early menopause a couple of months ago, i freaked out. Stress i believe was the deterrent for this hiccup in my hormonal balance. It helped deep meditation and, surprise surprise, my addiction to extreme stuff is paying off!
Cold water. Just bathe every day if you can, in cold hopefully natural running water. Gets rid of the stress almost immediately. AND you will see a change in your skin. The colder the better.A half minute dip (not the head) breathing deeply, but starting gently with your body. Then increase. Tingly energy will flush through your body.
I sadly live in London but usually go back to my beloved Dolomites to bathe there.
People might think you are a nutter, so get ready. Keep the secret. :-)
and meditate.
I usually use extra virgin olive oil on my wet skin. not bad, too. I tried in the past different body creams as the water in London is crap. Nothing is better than olive oil. Not oily, not smelly.
Taking fish oils supplements and hyalunoic acid, and Alpha lipoic acid.
I hope this thread is still alive.
and meditate.
I hope this thread is still alive.
and meditate.
I hope this thread is still alive.
It's strange, this didn't happen to me until I recently turned 72. My arms weren't fabulous, but pretty good – and then suddenly, almost overnight it seemed, they got crepey and thin-skinned, loose … they've just kind of suddenly really LOST it. Gee whillikers! I wasn't expecting this. Dare I take hormones, I ask myself? But I don't answer. (Bio-identical of course, and probably only progesterone .. )
"Exposed to a dessicant?" What / how? I have the same symptoms.
hi, I just read your post from 2013.  DITTO for me now.  I live in florida as well.  Just wondering, did you find anything that works?
Please let me know.  I HATE THIS!!!
I am a 41 year old woman and have a one year old. Recently when I am holding him, my forearms stay wrinkly for a long time, and I feel this has happened rather quickly...now my upper arms triceps are not looking as good. Sure I lost weight but have always been skinny, and have always had a battle with dry skin...Does anyone have any advice? Stop breastfeeding? I wonder if I should get bone density testing already as my family has osteo problems...any thoughts?
I have experience so many of the same things that I had just read on the side. I have tried every possible cosmetic that might help...to no avail. I have experienced wrinkles very quickly, sagging and crepey arms all I've lost a lot my hair, it is getting thinner on a daily basis and nothing seems to help. I have friends 15 years older than me who look 15 years younger than me if anyone has any suggestions or anythingplease post a comment!
I have seriously wrinkly skin on my arms and thighs. This happened pretty quickly and I like many of you am going around in long sleeves and slacks or yoga pants.  To the person who posted get a pair of weights and get over it (I paraphrase). To others who understand the problem and mentioned weight gain.  Weights will not do the job if one has sever loss of skin elasticity.  There are  also those of us who are limited by osteoarthritis in the use of weights. Also, for me anyway, weight gain has not helped. Well meaning people told me that I was too thin. I have gained 12 pounds and not an ounce has gone to my arms.To the opinionated person who said quit wanting to be a cute young thing forever: You have not a clue as to what is in our minds; I guarantee that it has nothing to do with being a cute young thing.

On a more positive note, I am going to try the suggestions about supplementing with magnesium and iodine.  Thank you for your suggestions.
Any feedback from when the post started, Has anything worked?
I have crepey skin under my arms by my arm bit and cellulite too. Will try oils and magnesium and cold water!
Also on neck and knees! I want to be able to wear nice clothes without feeling self conscious.I know getting old is a fact of life and yes it must be genetics if you have nice skin in your 60s etc.I don't have anyone who loves me and I need to love myself I don't want to be alone forever!
It sounds like you would be a perfect candidate for a mini arm lift.
Ps I am a young 52, nursed 33 years non stop, lots of stress and am menopausal so its all downhill! I live in UK.
Thank you all for opening your hearts about this...  I too am mourning the loss of my former physical self, and so disgusted with the ugly hag in the mirror I can't bring myself to leave my house more than twice a month for quick errands.  My heart, intelligence, experience, soul self knows a physical Shell is meaningless.....I feel as though my attractive self has died... I am 52, yes the arms are hideous don't hide them because I rarely risk being seen.... spent my life working on my internal not external self ..and yet the collective media mind with respect to wrinkled old women makes me ashamed to be seen by anyone including my own children.    
I am sorry you are also struggling with these awful changes! Did you go through menopause naturally? By that I mean did you not have any gynecologic procedures or other medical treatments such as radiation or chemo that caused or hastened reduced ovarian hormones?
No chemo or drug therapies... menopause a couple of years ago...but you raise an important point... is lack of estrogen causing me to look  old before my time... also I really appreciated the women who explained that they never thought they were beautiful or put much stock in it.... if it is this painful for those of us who concentrated on developing our entire selves vs. superficial beauty....it must be many times worse for women considered beautiful their entire lives.  In my case I didn't acknowledge what I had until it was gone.... magnesium, some black cohosh, wild yam, and blesses thistle may fix this up.. thank you for responding to my post.  
Glad to hear yours is "natural" not that it makes it less devastating! Mine was VERY abrupt / dramatic after my organs were needlessly removed. In just 4 months' time, I lost a LOT of hair, skin collagen / subcutaneous fat, muscle mass, gum tissue, vision, etc. Like you, I avoided going anywhere and still do to some degree. But I cannot hide forever...at least my peers are starting to show their age a little!
I don't drink coffee, or anything caffeine and still have the sagging, crepe paper skin problem. sigh.
I have been reading all these comments and one thing I noticed is that all the women here have experienced sudden onset of the sagging, crepe paper skin...no matter what the age. I am 69 and have noticed this onset in the last six months. I have talked to women I know that are younger than I am that have had this in the same time period. I am now wondering what is happening that is affecting all women, all ages, whether they drink water, coffee, exercise, lost or gained weight, etc. There has to be a common denominator. What is it?
YES, important. Women from 40 to 80, all suddenly notice sagging skin during the same time period. It's not like we weren't paying attention! This is sudden and rather extreme. Something in the water we're all drinking?
Its a relief on the one hand to see so many ladies are going through this rapid aging process, and terrifying on the other that No One has really found a way to slow it down much!!
I'm 48 - no kids, have always eaten healthy and exercised several times a week. I always had great hair, beautiful skin, fantastic muscle tone and the sex drive of a teenage boy!  In fact until I was 40 I never even thought about aging - people always assumed I was at least 10 years younger.  Then in my early 40s I started noticing loss of volume in my face and some expression lines - hey, no problem Botox and Juvederm easily fixed that. I decided to go into medical esthetics so I would have easy access to everything I needed to stay young!

Over the last several years I have tried injectables and lasers,creams and supplements, had a breast augmentation (for sagging) and still find myself on the precipice of severe depression over the changes that are happening in my body. Hair loss, sagging skin, loss of muscle tone (and I mean severe loss), lack of a sex drive (even though my fiance is a sexy man 15 years my junior!), and the lowest self esteem I've ever experienced in my life. Oh yeah and the worst symptom of all - painful sex!!! I literally feels like I've gone from 40 to 65 in the space of one year. I mean there is a difference between seeing SIGNS of aging, and looking/feeling like you have the body of a geriatric.

I am in perimenopause - my hormones are all low and I am hypothyroid. A year ago I started with thyroid hormone replacement which helped somewhat with weight gain and hair loss, but not totally. It took me a year to give into the idea that I need to take sex hormones, so I have recently started with compounded testosterone, bio identical estrogen cream and some progesterone,  For me hormones are a double edged sword since they often cause more harm than good - weight gain and hair loss being two of the things that have happened to me in the past with BC pills. That being said I've been told that balance of all of these things WILL improve my muscle tone, slow down hair loss, help my sagging skin, improve my sex drive and help with the painful sex!!

I don't believe hormones will do it alone - I believe you also have to follow a whole foods diet, workout regularly, take supplements, and add a few anti aging treatments in the mix to trick the eye!! If anyone has had any success with HRT I'd love to hear about it.  I am not going down without a fight!!
Hello,there!
I've been reading all these posts and can relate to practically every one of them. The realisation that we truly are younger inside than our bodies will allow us to be is a very difficult admission to make,especially as these days life and outlook is so very different for us all and we simply do NOT wish to give in and give up!!

Well,I'm 67 and when I'm in bed late at night reading as I like to do before sleep I now tend to see without warning the changes in my arms as they hold up an especially heavy book!!...however,seeing some of the posters in their younger years than myself makes me realise how very lucky I really am,three years from being 70......OMG!!!

However,I do realise that at my age I cannot expect to be as I once was even at thirty,forty or even fifty years of age....I have been thoroughly lucky all throughout them even as a sun-lover to have been blessed with pretty good skin.
  So,on reading all the very many posts here and the very many remedies or mere acceptances of that's life and so,long sleeves it is from now on....all I can personally advise is the usual cliché..."You are what you eat"...or,in other words what nourishes you from the inside will definitely affect the outside.
   To be honest,it makes sense,doesn't it,really?
  I happily admit to using the usual serums and lotions and potions outwardly but it has to said that inward care surely has to be the most potent.
  Exercise and pounding away at stressful regimes is all very well for fitness and weight control but when it comes to mere skin beauty then whatever is going inside leads to a glow outwardly.
   As I said,I'm 67 but I'm always being complimented on my facial looks as being considered younger...(I am quite happy to refer you all to me as geminiwednesday16 on YouTube...you can also then googleplus me if you wish..).....and as for inner skin care I make certain every single morning to take two 1,000mg of cod liver oil capsules, 1 rosehip 2000mg and 1 zinc 15mg without fail to cover all aspects of health issues as I suffer asthma,therefore take care to look after breathing problems with the zinc and rosehip.....the cod liver oil obviously helps moisturise skin and with joint function,too.  I've been doing this for years now and will continue.

I admit to being a bit over weight in modern ideals but at the same time I feel I've reached 67 years in not too bad a shape and still enjoy life,can easily walk to town two miles away,sit cross-legged on my floor to listen to music,enjoy an entire day out walking around areas on the Isle of Wight when my brother visits from London.....so,all in all I'm not doing too badly.  Not an athlete but happily doing day to day activity and walking lots when I'm in the mood,some days a mile or three,sometimes none but whatever I feel like.  I never want to feel regimented in anything...(might be the Gemini aspect,lol!)

But...truly,inner lubrication and nourishment as far as I'm concerned are the key. Maybe being overweight is a problem for many,yes,but there again maybe a few extra pounds is not so bad if it has all been as a result of maybe eating lots of good stuff...there is always the perception that extra weight is a result of bad eating?!
   Not stones and stones extra,naturally....but perhaps a few odd "filling" pounds might not be such a bad thing once past 50!

Anyway,I realise that a forum such as this holds many views and opinions so I wish all of you well and you know what??....being a little wrinkly and interesting and genuinely having had a life to testify to all that is a jolly sight better than the alternative,ladies and gentlemen!

Lots of older "greats" such as Judi Dench,Helen Mirren,Sean Connery prove that there is something rather special in being older and owning a certain charisma; we've all seen pictures of the most wonderful Native Americans,Aztecs,Maoris,Gypsies,Zulus etc.etc. who would be nothing without the character that age has portrayed within them.

We now live in a plastic,bland,superficial age.  Time to make a stand and do the best we can to delay it if we can but embrace the other,more sublime beauty if we can't.

I have read so many post on this site and everyone says the same thing it happened so fast. That to is the case with me. When I was about 51, I was standing at the kitchen sink when all of sudden I was so weak in my legs I fell down. As the next few days past it kept happening to me so, I started to really look at my legs and noticed how thin they were. I took a tape measure and measured around the top of my thighs. In a matter of 3 weeks I lost 4" around my thighs so I called and made a DR'S appointment. He sent me through a battery of test and it came back that I have a muscle disease. So far they can only say severe muscle loss. Then it was one DR after another and now I am 60. They all told me it's either MS or Polymyositis. I have all the muscle loss in my arms, legs and it's just consuming my body. I have always been thin but now I look like a walking skeleton. My legs are of little use to me, ( When this all started they all told me I would be in a wheelchair in 6 months. Needless to say I'm not, but it's coming to that point. Everyone seems to think they can exercise this back but it won't ever come back. The type of muscle lose and sagging skin is muscle that just can't rebuild itself. I have been from DR A to Z and they all say the same. Physical therapy won't help either. I just want a name put to this disease and yes this is a real Disease. Eating this or that won't help, doing all the things I see people say they are doing is not going to work but I haven't read about anyone going to the DR. I use to be so proud of my body. I have always been so lucky I can eat anything I want never gain weight, don't have to exercise and now I look and feel 100+ years old. I don't know about anyone else but I don't look at myself, won't let my husband see me naked doesn't do wonders for the sex life. And I am post menopausal. My dr. put me on hormones but it didn't help. But the worst part is, there is much pain that comes with this disease. I picked you to post to since you are very worried and I hope people will start going to a DR .So far along with the muscle disease I have a bone disease called Madelung's Bone deformity, fibromyalgia, several arthritis's and the list just gets longer. All of this happened to me just like every story people are writing about. I can't take many meds because I am allergic to most pain meds and about everything else to. I am even allergic to vitamins. I will see a new neurologist in December maybe this time I will get a name to this horrible disease. After reading so many post it appears there is a lot of people that started around the same age bracket. Please start by going to a DR. Don't feel bad my dad is 90 and we compare arms and I win I have more sagging skin then he does! Have a Great day and I know this post is a little late year wise but I just thought I'd put my 3 cents in.
Everybody on the internet looks 20 years younger than they are supposedly.

Nobody, not even the most well kept celebrities, looks 20 years younger than they are. Our skulls and facial shapes actually change, aging us in ways that no skincare can help. Our eye sockets widen and lengthen, sinking our eyes (different people to different degrees). It happens so slowly we don't notice it but it's happening. This is one of the reasons our skin gets loose, as it doesn't fit. It's not all coming down to inelastic, aging loose skin. Sure that's part of it but there's more to it than that.

Ten years, yes, but if people are telling you that you look 20 years younger than you are, they're flattering you.  Stand next to someone 20 years younger and see if they still say that. I'm not a troll, it's just that after 12 years of reading skincare forums this is such a common fib that people tell.
Just wanted you to know  you are not alone. I also had  and unwanted hysterectomy  two years ago (I am now 65).  Was bullied / scared  into the surgery with  diagnosis of " possible  ovarian cancer "by my former   Gynecologist .  No pre-surgery hormonal testing was done, even though I requested it. There was no discussion of skin issues as possible side effects .
But noticed Big changes after surgery. Skin and hair especially. Hair was thinning .Arms and thighs began to look like  elephant skin .  And muscle tone has been very slow at returning.  At 5'6" and 140, I took/ take fitness classes 2x a week and am active walker, gardener, etc. Have always taken vitamin Bs but have added  collagen booster and magnesium , to help with recovery. Will add gelatin, and check out different salts. BTW coconut oil feels great on skin and smells better than most others. Thanks for all the info! Nice to know others are working on this as well!
Its been a few years since the sudden crepiness that occurred on my thighs and arms.. and now I have another problems, deep crevices of lines across the tops of my wrists...... 3 deep lines stretching across the top of the wrist.  These deep lines have appeared over the last month or so.  I hope more don't show up.  This rapid aging is a killer.   I don't go out anymore without complete cover up, i have taken to wearing kimonos in summer as will not wear a tank or sleevless dress.  I also have to cover my toes due to unslighly fungus.  I am literrally disgusting naked.  The only thing holding up is my eyes.  My hair is very dry, grey and sparse.  I had to cut all my hair off.  I have alot of pain in my feet and lower back.  This is all menopause girls.  I am 50 and don't really want to go on hormones.  That millenium study scared me offf.
Lucille2012 Have you thought of a vitamin D deficiency?
Thanks MK yes, and I started taking it last year.  It certainly helps, alot.
Try for sleeping: 1. low carb after 5pm and 2. GABA. You can get GABA at the drug store. Those are the only things that have worked for me.
I was both shocked and surprised after getting sudden onset crepey skin/wrinkling on my (arms, legs,etc.) at age 63... because after all... i had done so well 'hormonally' after having a partial hysterectomy in my early forties. I was in my early sixties at the sudden onset and am now in my late sixties. Strange and maybe a coincidence ? but this occurred after my hot flashes started around 62-63 yrs of age. Yes, i'm sure there is an estrogen (lack of) and elasticity connection. Did anyone else's start after hot flashes? No matter how young sudden crepey (creepy...lol) skin is a concern!
Same here. I am 52,live in California, 5'4, and weigh112.  not only did my arms and legs turn into an 80 year old bbut my butt!!!  That was always my proud part, now it has 4 to 5 layers going down bottom of my cheeks!  So embarrassing.
Are you in natural menopause (no hysterectomy or ovary removal)? I looked really young for my age until the rapid aging ensued after hysterectomy at age 49.
I am totally having a meltdown over this. Today I looked in the mirror and the crooks of the elbows looked horrible, there used to be a little flab hanging and now it is going up my arm. When I lean over all hell breaks loose.  I was already freaking out about my legs and my crepy skin.  This is too much. I just turned 50 and am still single, not ready for this. I have always been thin and in shape 5ft 85lbs and feel like menopause has ruined my life.  I can't deal with my body turning into an old lady. No one I know has had to deal with menopause yet it hit me in 2010. I am terrified. Feels like I am going downhill fast.
I already don't recognize my face and it is killing me. I have worn sunscreen etc. Don't know what to do.  Can't live this way.
Rapid aging is in scientific literature about menopause.  I don't know why this never gets into the womens magazine.  i think if we all knew what to expect we wouldn't be in shock!
Ovary removal or impaired ovarian function (such as commonly happens post-hysterectomy) is associated with accelerated aging of all tissues and organs. This is the latest from the Mayo Clinic - http://wtvr.com/2016/09/29/study-remove-ovaries-age-faster/. I can certainly attest to the rapid aging after my ovaries (and uterus) were needlessly removed at age 49! Most of my hair fell out within months of surgery and it turned gray at the temples. It's been 11 years and it's still fallling out... I'm surprised I'm not completely bald!
The common denominator seems to be women who spend time outdoors and get sprayed with bio insecticides for mosquito control.  I was sprayed in Santa Monica, California in approx. April 2008.   I was gardening in my back yard at 6:30 a.m. and a small plane passed overhead and sprayed me with some type of vitreous pesticide.  Where it hit my scalp I began losing hair over the next few weeks.  I made the mistake of touching the fluid on my scalp and then scratching 3 out of 7 new mosquito bites I happened to have.  The 3 areas I scratched later developed huge deep skin infections.  In 2008 I easily passed for twenty years younger than I was.  After getting infected my body began itching and developed psoriasis and my skin became like crepe.  Some of the crepe like skin has reversed.  That's not natural aging.  I spent $30,000 on cures as my HMO claimed I had a mental problem, not a physical problem.  My cat who was sprayed at the same time I was suffered a horrible death of crazy itching.  We itched together until she died (I've had poison oak and this relentless itching was so much worse).  I used Bactrim, Ivermectin (in chemotherapy doses on a daily basis for three years) before the itching began abating.  I lost a lot of hair permanently and my hair turned grey.  I eventually discovered that the pesticide gave me Morgellons (the things I found under my magnifying glass that were emerging from my skin were similar to pictures I found on the Internet).  Radio frequency treatment (light thermage) helped kill the bugs in the skin of my legs and stopped the itching.  I also found that bloodletting at the areas of skin lesions helped my body eject the bugs and eggs.  I've noticed some people in their 20's living near the beach in S. Calif. like I do have aged dramatically in just a couple of years.
I have similar problems. I workout with weights and have noticed this as I have lost weight. I am thinking it is a weight loss issue. My husband and I both lost weight and have the crepe paper look on the back of my calves and some on my arms. I am 54. I actually should be in menopause by my FSH level but still  have a period. I'm not on BC pills or estrogen except from vaginal cream. But it is not supposed to get into the blood stream. So my skin will look better temporarily when I put a bunch of cream on it but it comes back. The hangy chicken skin is under the arm pit on the upper arm area. Some on the neck. None of this was there last year. I stopped BC pills just last year due to a blood clot and so I can't go back on them. I figure it must be a lack of estrogen. I don't know other than hydration why you would get it at your age. Although some people go through menopause or peri-menopause at your age too. Maybe see a dermatologist and let us know.
regards,
mkh9
Cleverwabbit, I have been a medical journalist for over 30 years, a profession that requires a vast amount of research. I have posted in this forum as well...about six years now. I have researched everything and spoken to the best and brightest, all to no avail.  

I recently decided to check the forum again and your description caught my eye as it is identical to mine. I am now 64 and while I am regularly told I look no more than 45 (unlined face, yoga body) my arms would scare Dracula. The ancient-looking sagging chicken skin to the front of the arms just under  armpit level is just hideous.

I am reading a book called Bio-Young by Roxy Dillon.She has an impressive  b/g in biochemistry and human aging. She claims she can reverse this sagging - we all can - through consuming certain foods and supplements and using creams that she gives the recipe for. I am at the start of the book and so far nothing outlandish. Also, I am about to test drive a gadget that has two kinds of red light and radiofrequency for "deep skin" tightening. It is presently only available in Canada but was featured on The Shopping Channel and had some pretty good reviews except for the gel that comes with it (and which you don't have to use). I had Thermage 2 on the inside of my elbow about eight years ago and it did nothing, so I'm not holding out much hope for the home device which seems to have a similar MO. I'll keep you briefed as soon as I've implemented the book program as well as the machine. I am so sick of not being able to wear pretty sleeveless anythings!
I take blood pressure medicine the last year.
I have just noticed the loose wrinkly arm areas.  I am 5-2 117 pounds.  Lost fifteen pounds since fall 2014.  My daughter said to me the other day "what happened to your arms"?  Ugh  We just switched to higher sunscreen but probably too late for that.  

Help
Snuggles01,  I have lost 20 lbs so I think for us it is losing weight. I think it will come back or maybe we are a little too thin? My husband lost weight too (20 lbs) and has the same problem so its not just a women's hormonal problem.
mkh9
   My arms and forearms are doing the same thing. Seems like it happened almost overnight. I truly don't know whats happening.
Please explain oil swishing.  I too have saggy arms.  
Yes if it is menopause then it happened after I lost 20 pounds to me and my husband. So I think it may be weight loss for us and maybe also just aging? I am 54 and haven't officially gone through menopause but my FSH is high so probably any time now. So, I hate it too. My forearms, butt,legs upper knee area and calves. More lines in my face too. Just this year and last. I am thinking of going to a dermatologist for help. I am trying to Bulk up in my muscle mass at the gym to look better maybe it will expand the skin. But I don't know if that will work. I pile on the cream too. It works a little and very temporary.
mkh9
Wow! I love how similar all our experiences are sometimes. I made the mistake of looking at my legs while doing downward dog today and holy cow! My skin over my knees is hideous, and I also notice that my inner thighs are getting lumpy, it's not cellulite per se, I don't know how to describe it, it's just lumps.
Very very very strange. Something beyond "aging" is going on here.
Equitoriana, for me I think I lost too much weight (20 lbs in the last 6 months or so). I guess that may have caused mine. My husband has the same problem since he lost weight.
mkh9
Hi people. Add me to bandwagon. I am 48 and very fit.  I had some VERY stressful life events last fall, lost 20 pounds.  I still have period. Blond, thin, have sunned in youth. My arms and hands got crepey suddenly over a few months time. And veiny.  I get that my low body fat might cause veiny but why so sudden.

I am trying gelatin and dry brushing. It's really freaking me out.
The common denominator is stress and hormones out of wack. count  me in too, Im 46 and noticed over the summer that my hands went from being pretty  to veiny and total loss of volume. That and meds seem to take thier toll. I was hopeing for a cure too but it *****, I just hope I can hold on to what I havefor a bit! My hormones are out of wack due to stress and I dont have a thyroid
I should have said how much I weigh.  I was 138 and 5'7" before all the stress began, about 10 pounds over my usual weight.  I lost the first 10 using a fitness app to count calories and noticed nothing. I lost the next 10 due to stress and maybe 5 months after that loss started to notice the veins and the crepeiness. It did not happen right away.  I am now about 118.
Sounds like a lot of us had a lot of weight loss when this happened. So that may be the cause of some of our weight loss. I know that is the cause of the saggy skin or chicken skin that some people on our diet plan have too that lost 20 lbs or more. Since my husband has it too it isn't just menopause in all cases. So I'm pretty sure that is the case in all of us that lost weight. I think that the skin takes time to bounce back but it can. I am actually trying to gain a few pounds back (not too many but few) just to see if it helps.
mkh9
Also, for those of you that might want to lift weights. I am trying to "bulk " out on my legs and see if that will help. LOL I would rather be muscular than have saggy skin.
mkh9
ALSO...

My hormone levels are all totally normal - not even close to menopause levels.
Has anyone has tried derma roller? Any success? If so how often to use?
Hi, so happy to have come across this site....:D

There are many things that have contributed to rapid aging. GMO food products, fluoride laced water, chemtrails (rain producing chemicals sprayed from airplanes, etc.), AND MENOPAUSE DOESN'T HELP ANY...GRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm 61 and now having crepey skin and slight droopy/sagging arms effects. Yuck.  

~With lots of research this is the new regime I'm putting myself on below.~

1. Unflavored Gelatin = works wonders for tone of skin and muscles.

2. "Complex" Amino Acids = loss of muscle mass and skin tone due to normal aging. Also, amazing for energy gain. (already noticed the difference in my energy).

3. Non GMO multi vitamin for women.

4. Chelated Cal-Mag (women our age at least 1,200. mg daily) Good for bones and thinning skin.

5. Two tablespoons of Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

6. I do drink coffee but will be cutting back. I already eat as much organic as I can (Ralphs market organic is not pricey) I already eat lots of greens and protein.

NOTE: If I don't see any effects in 3 months I will add MSM and a product called Beauty Infusion which is a powdered mixture of Hyaluronic Acid, Biotin, Alpha Lipoic Acid Hdrolyzed NeoCell Collagen, mixed with other minerals, and start drinking Whole Fat Milk.

I do want to check into this oil swishing?

I'll check back and let you now how my skin is doing!

Our hormones control our entire body, brain activity, heart beat, skin rejuvenation, etc., and with he slow down hormones we're basically breaking down.

What I've done to keep facial wrinkles at bay is use a "Buff Puff" sponge (you can get them @ 99cent Store), with a cleanser from @ Target called No7 Beautiful Skin Age Defence Cleanser (with is infused with citrus). This helps brighten your face washing off old dull dead skin, but also stimulates your face to readily turn over new skin. I also use a great moisturizer which is a personal choice. I've done this for years and has taken years off my face.

For my body I use brushing technique, as well as us a kitchen sponge (with one side spongy and the other side with a soft scrubber) and I scrub my skin until it's a bit pink to stimulate the skin and blood flow.

These techniques have seriously helped through the years, HOWEVER, now I'm 61 and see the crepe and sag overnight. I've taken my new vitamin regime as mentioned above and I already slightly see a difference!

Food plays a major part in aging as well. Eat Non GMO and Organic as much as you can. Take Non GMO vitamins. Stop Smoking and Drinking (dehydrates). You MUST take "complex" amino acids to help build muscle and tone skin. Also, coconut creams and oils is "drying" for your skin. Stay out of the sun as much as you can, or use a good sun screen and cover up. Drink lots of water during the day so you don't have too many potty runs at night.

*If you're having night sweats, "can't sleep/insomnia" , rapid heart palpitations, mood swings or sudden depression, minor loss of memory ( any or all )  you may be on your way to menopause.

At one point I felt I was having a heart attack because of rapid heart beats! My doctor told me hormones control our heart rythm and she put me on a Beta Blocker for a while. I've taken them for a few years now and just got off of them with no problems whats so ever.

Bleeding/spotting once in a great while is normal. Your vaginal walls are shedding cells. But always check with your doctor if this occurs can sometimes be something else. You'll want to make sure.

I found Black Cohosh to be amazing during PMS and Menopause to help hormone balance. But you can take too much as it has a natural hormone which can cause cancer (no true verdict on test studies yet), all I know is it helped me feel better.

Check your vitamin D and B12 levels as well for over all health.

*Topical hormones are NOT good because they don't properly dissolve into your body. They have an accumulation effect and that's what causes cancer.

Since my memory is minor I've noticed with I take a herbal type hormone it gets better so I'll have to do more research on it.

I'LL BE DAMNED IF I DON'T GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT. It's a lot of work and can be painful with the pinching, scrubbing, etc...but I've noticed a difference. I'll be back and let you know how the new vitamin regime is going....:)

*UPDATE:

I ended up trying the "Neocell Beauty Infusion" and my blood pressure shot up like crazy. I tried it for two days with the same results. I'm guessing it's due to the Hyaluronic Acid thickening the blood stream elevating blood pressure, which was enough for me to notice with a pressure headache and weakness/tired. I have Hypertension with a family history of it, along with two  members passing away from it. So returning this product today.

I'll continue with the Unflavored Gelatin and see how that goes.
*UPDATE:

Best arm workout I've found for "Sagging/Crepey" arms! Copy and Paste url address below:

https://youtu.be/dzWc0JTsPhg
I wount be able to say anything about your skin but about the bulging veins I think it resulted from carrying objects that are too heavy or doing activities that are too strenuous. For corrections do mild exercises only.
Well, I am a weight lifter (lift about 75 lbs (dead lift) and overhead press about 30 so far and farmers carry about two 22.5 lb weights. I can squat with about 70 lbs too with a bar on my back. I have had any problems with bulging veins. I weight about 125 lbs. I think it is a fallacy that lifting too much weight will cause vein problems especially if you train for it. I am 54. My husband and I got some loose skin right after we lost 20 lbs each over 6 months. We changed to a low fat vegan diet and since we are  not young our skin doesn't spring back  like it did when we were young. Others taht we talked to on the same diet had the same issues but they lost a lot more weight. So that is our story.
mkh9
im sorry i dont have an answer for you but i thought i was nutz cuz this happened to me it seemed like ovrnite ): literally. but i never workd out for my tummy and arm toneness i was lucky and yes they were my pride!! now theyre my embarassment. how can this happn so quickly. i thought mine was double whammy of being in late 40s n recently diagnosed with anemia. i used to b energizer bunny but with this i can barely make my bed.)):  i hope you get answers that may help me as well. im miserable )):
Not sure about your arms as I have the same problem. Unless you lost a lot of weight. It may be estrogen loss.I pile on the cream but it doesn't help much. I was thinking of seeing a dermatologist. But I wonder if your energy issues are low thyroid. You might want to get that checked . It happened to me in my early 50's and happens in mid life. So get your TSH level done and see if it is off. Also check for anemia.
hope you feel better soon.
mkh9
Sick O' Yesterday, I rechecked your post and saw your were anemic. So did you get your iron level tested and complete blood count (CBC)? What else? Did you have your ferritin or folate, B12 done? If it is iron deficiiency I would be glad to talk to you about that. I have had it in the past. I still take some iron for the rest of my life but less of it. Low iron can be due to diet issues, bleeding maybe due to fibroids or hemorroids etc or sometimes medications can alter your iron intake or also even malaborbtion of food in the intestines. So it would be good if you could find the reason. But if it is iron then did the doctor tell you how much to take a day? If so you should take that for about 3 months and re-test the iron and CBC etc. It takes about 3-6 months to feel better. But you will feel better. I know it is exhausting.
mkh9
Wouldn't it be great if someone invented heat-shrink for the skin? All loose skin could be shrunk to fit around the muscle just like the plastic film on windows...the inventor would be a billionaire overnight...
wydlynn, They do have some type of stockings that look shiny and make a 80 year olds legs look tight and young. I don't know what they are but they are see through and almost look natural if they weren't a bit shiny.
mkh9
I would have to say menopause is creeping up on you real fast, I'm 60 years old & a year into menopause, yes waited until I was 60 but within a year my body has gone through hell & I don't look the same my arms have lost all muscle & replaced with wrinkles, I would have never believed it but you are in the menopause age range, hard fact to face, I was going to try to exercise but you sad you didn't have much luck I've always had good arms for a female but menopause has zapped it right from me, when I was 44 I looked 24 unbelievable what menopause did to me, if you find an answer please share, I'm at the point where I'm so disgusted & going outside in the warm weather wearing short sleeves is unreal, I feel people are staring at me saying wonder what is wrong with her, menopause was horrible worse than I thought, although I'm feeling better a year later my arms are still the same so I'm thinking I'll just have to live with it but I'm still very thankful I'm still able to get around, thought maybe my RA has something to do with it also, Good Luck
Update on my transformation.  I went to the doctor about 2 years ago and he asked how I was.  I pointed down to my body and said "Well, you can see how I am, I have transformed into this".  He said, "what's this".. I said "this", indicating, its not a woman, its somewhere in between an old woman AND and old man.  Flubby lower tummy, flabby crinkled arms, barely any hair (all crunchy and dry).  He said "I don't like how you are sounding"... and suggested an anti depressant and hormone replacement.  There doesn't appear to be any answers beyond this.  If you have any further insights please let me know.  I think its time to change my name to "Frank".
This suggested wrinkling is due to hormone decline, I reversed and fixed my sudden onset wrinkling with natural progesterone cream and Estriol cream, bioidentical versions 10% strength available on the net. Could not believe how I looked at my withering arms one day and about 2 months later suddenly they were back to their plump self, fine lines around my mouth also disappeared. Roxy Dillon has a lot to say about this so I don't accept aging as I can see the results for myself from her methods as well as bio identical creams.
Where did you get the creams from? I have tried to find them, there are some progesterone but not Estriol. I am on the patch but maybe I need to up the dosage.  My skin keeps getting worse and I am having a meltdown over it.