Men's Health Community
22 with porn induced erectile dysfunction?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Viewing 401-472 comments:
i m in the process of recovery from porn induced ED. its been 12 days nows without PMO. sterday i had a wet dream, and it really makes me feel bad. i feel like i've to start again from first... kindly help me whether this incident hinders my recovery process...
I have had a long-term female chat buddy for over 5 years, and at times we have discussed and planned on building a future together. Well, she is taken now, but we still chat almost every week. She has extreme sex fantasies, and so do I, and sometimes they fit like a jigsaw puzzle. I masturbate and ejaculate almost every time we chat.

The problem is, that I'm virtually a vigin at age 34 (approaching 35), and I have had only 5 bed encounters over the last eternity, all of which were failures on my part. I am a kid that never grew up, but with potential. A kid because of unresolved sexual issues, long periods of unemployment, having no friends whatsoever, economy non-existant, AND heavy pornography use since I was 12, but it escalated at 16. When my addiction to porn was worst I spent 6-8 hours masturbating, often at night, messing up my sleep, and my life.

Sure, the inability to get a full hard-on with a girl was troubling, but the worst has been my recent indifference to porn, not being able to get full erection even watching kinky stuff. My indifference sort of stems from my wishes to have a family, while knowing that 99,99% of women would not tolerate my kinky needs in the long run. I reject the porn but need it to get hard at all.

Since my last defeat with a girl, about a year ago, I have done light testicle stretching and stimulation to make my semen and testosterone production better, and my testicles bigger. It has resulted in a slightly darker voice and being more gutsy. I think I never allowed my testicles to grow during puberty, as I did almost zero physical exercise, and masturbated a lot from age 12.

I am on day 4 (again) of no maturbation and no ejaculation. At first I tried to M and P without the O, but that wouldn't help my rebooting scheme one bit. Today when I was at a furniture store I found myself looking at girls of all ages with desire, flirting, and felt aggression over being alone while other guys take girlfriends for granted, even now I'm close to tearing my apartment in pieces.  

I realized in December that I'm not just getting older, but I'm actually also aging! That has made me depressed about my situation, and I intend to do no M, P or O for at least a month.
Guys does anybody actually have a story of success in this matter???
On yourbrainonporn:

1) Click on the "Rebooting" tab, then click on "rebooting accounts".

2) Click on the "ED & Porn" tab at the top of the page. Then scroll down to the 7 pages of "ED Recovery Stories 1-7"
Ok, been very difficult these past few days. Kind of hard controlling my thoughts. I masturbated once on Sunday to orgasm. It just happened. I got quite an impressive spontaneous erection that I was quite proud of (I hadn't had one like that in ages, it was great)  then like I said, it just happened. But it wasn't to porn though, and I wasn't really having porn influenced thoughts. I have really really been attracted to my wife just lately sexually, I mean I always have even with porn but it just feels different now. I don't need it. I was thinking more normal stuff which was kinda nice.
Well this was on Day 12, so I promptly got back on the wagon. But, I have just been cleaning up the computer and sort of stumbled on a couple of short videos in the downloads section. Well, guess what they were. So there was three of them. I literally glimpsed them for a few seconds each and deleted them straight away after. I didn't watch them or masturbate they were deleted straight away. But I kinda feel bad now, like I have failed. And just those short images seem to be sticking around in my brain a bit.
Have I seriously set myself back here? Any advice?
Thanks for the heads up! (no pun)

I have abstained a week. Not much of a difference other than waking up with erections when I'm in the middle of a dream. I think nightly erections happen during REM (dream) sleep, am I right? So if you wake up in another place in the sleeping cycle, you might not have an erection. But that doesn't mean you've had a few during sleep.
Hi.

If your collected porn is scattered on the hard drive, don't try to erase it before you've been clean for a long while. When you select and delete the individual porn files, their names or icons might spark your desire. My porn is scattered but I know in which places most of it is, and I avoid going there until I'm strong enough to go through them. And I'm sure my ED is cured by then anyhow!

If you have your collection on a certain hard drive, or in a few folders, then it is easier to take the step to delete it. Even so, I suggest you leave it until you're strong enough to go through with it. My archives have been hard work to fill and I don't have the strength to let go of all that work just yet. Yes, I am irrational... When I have had full erections for two weeks or more, without stroking, then I will find a girl, and when I'm there, letting go of the porn that has deprived me of so much happiness will be easy!

Hey guys,

This post is intended to help you stop masturbating if that is your desire, for whatever reason.

I am 25 and I had porn induced ED for a time about a year ago. I quit the porn altogether and started trying to quit masturbating. I had limited success -- I'd go a week, masturbate, go another week, etc. The ED was retreating but not that fast.

Fast-forward to today: **I have not orgasmed by any method in over 5 months**. I never thought this was possible -- I didn't think I could have that amount of self-control. My solution is related to prayer, so in some ways I am talking to those of you out there who are Christian, but I think these methods could help anyone because (I believe) they are both psychological and spiritual. A mentor of mine told me to "renounce and announce." What this means is that when I'm having a sexual thought that I do not want to have, I pray in my head or out loud -- "I renounce that thought in the name of the Lord Jesus; I announce I belong to the Lord Jesus; Lord Jesus, I choose to follow you." At first this does not work very well (at least it didn't for me), it takes some battle. But with persistence I went from not being able to make it more than a week or two without masturbating, to going to bed every night not worrying whether I'm going to give in or not. At this point when I do have a sexual thought, I can get a rager with no physical stimulation at all. I am not sexually active nor masturbating but I believe if I was to start at this point, there would be no hint of ED left. As I said, I believe this method is both psychological and spiritual -- I believe the Lord really grants me grace in those moments -- obviously I don't expect you to believe that if you are not a religious person. But since it is psychological, I think this can help you even if you are not religious (come up with whatever refrain you want to repeat to yourself). And here's the key: You have to push the thought out of your mind at the moment it enters. You can't entertain it at all -- once you're fixated, it is much more difficult to avoid masturbating.
hey guys,
Its been 23 days without PMO. its a great feeling, really.. all of a sudden today morning a miracle happened.. yes i had a morning wood which i didnt notice in me for years.. Now i can say "morning wood" exists.. may be it is not sort of rock solid, but it gave me a real hope.. I could see the changes happening in me for the past 23 days..

This think really works guys.. dont give up at any point of time.. i'm moving ahead for "project 56".. 56 days no PMO.

All the best guys..
Hi I am oon my day 80. Can I have intercourse with my wife during rebooting..Please help me replying..
There are no rules to recovery other than to stay away from artificial stimuli.

A few guys with partners have sex and orgasm during rebooting, and still recover in a timely manner. However, those guys are in their thirties or OLDER. Young guys, who started early on Internet porn, need to limit orgasms.

It's just as important to rewire your sexual arousal to the real deal. I see no reason why you should experiment with sex. In fact, some men with partners practice slow gentle lovemaking without having an orgasm.

You are at day 80, you should start trying sometime. In fact, some guys need contact with a female to jump start their libido.
hello everyone

I have a confession to make... after 25 days of no PMO, a small relapse has happened. i just got a quick sneak into my most favourite porn site.. i just went in to see any new updates but eventually lost my control... i masturbated till orgasm... but i watched the site may be for 10 minutes... i m happy tat i could pull out myself so quickly...

but i've noticed my rewiring process has to go a long way.. i couldnt get an erection just by imagination... had to depend on porn again.,,

Long way to go..,.,
WOW you just help me thank you.
Hi.. I’m at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone. Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the outstanding work!
Hi, I am 35 and I have had Porn induced ED since I was 21.
I have to say that I had before that , since I was 13 but I never realized until I had my first sexual experience with a women at 21.
From 13 I started masturbating from 2 to 5 times a day. I liked and I though it was normal. Then at 16 I was so engaged with masturbation that I had to add more emotions, like wearing panties and woman underwear to excite myself(I took from my mom). That is sad but it was what made my heart beat like crazy.
Story goes on and goes on, experimenting new things, new emotions to make me high. I add my first experience with my girlfriend when I was 21 and I had to move through a phase of adaptation from masturbation to a vagina. Nevertheless never was so exiting as my porn masturbation and search for something new.
2 years later I search for homosexual experience that confirmed my mind was searching new levels of emotion. I add that experience and come back with heterosexual behavior and later on alone with my porn masturbation.
I left my last relation with a girl 5 years ago. And masturbated since then without wanting any contact with anyone.
Fortunately, this year come something. My body was in so deteriorated condition that I had to do something about it.
So I stop smoking, start making exercise.
In 6 months I lost 20Kg and felt me attractive to search for sex.
Once more ED was there, and I wondered? Perhaps is porn??
Then one thing follows the other:
- I start reading about chakras and energy of chakras and all the stuff.
- One month later I was in a buddhist retreat and made contact with Vipassana meditation.
Then something woke up. Learn that during 35 years I have been under the control of the subconscious make clear many many things.
Then 2 months ago I read this forum and I have been reading it since then.
I am in the day number 21 and hoping to reach 56.
Want to recommend the vipassana meditation to clean all the preconditioned stuff we have been saving in our minds from childhood (I can remember masturbating like crazy seeing DragonBall and Bulma dressed like a rabbit, and DragonBall was a Comic for children)
Buddha said once:
You are your own master
You make your own future.
Thanks for your blog
Good job!! nice blog you got there.. keep it up.
Nice page..keep it up...
Please do visit this site
http://www.activelibido.net/erectile-dysfunction-can-be-a-side-effect-of-depression/
Actually, Fall31, I don't think it's fair to abstain from intercourse with your wife unless she consents to having a break. In marriage it's both of the spouse's duty to give the other what he or she needs in the bedroom. 80 days is a long, long time... Be sure to massage your testicles and surrounding skin several times a week to increase the blood flow. Same goes for penis; push blood into the cells within, using lubricant. Many months without a good blood flow to the penis will over time make it reduce in size and sensitivity. But then again, the purpose of nightly erections is to keep the penis in good condition, so additional manual "pumping" while awake might not be needed. I do manual pumping and kegels to strengthen the erection though.
Hey Ananda! Thank you very much for your post. I'm 21 years old going through absolutely same thing as you have described here. It's shocking for me to read something as similar to my story and most probably to even have a look into my future in case I don't stop my addiction.

I have started with masturbation as a small kid, don't even exactly remember when. Firstly I just used my imagination, then classic porn on the internet and then more and more kinky stuff that lead to every day experimentation with myself in the most kinky ways.

I had my first sexual intercourse with a girl when I was 19 and my penis was losing erection in vagina. I thought maybe I was just nervous or something but since then every time I tried anything with the girls, I always lost my erection when came on sex or girl giving me a handjob etc. I started to sex chat not only with the girls but even with men. I had role play phone sex with men that made my heart beat so much that I could never reach feeling like this just having sex with a girl. I started to watch men on webcams, I was watching transvestite and shemale porn and absolutely messed myself. I was living in a depression until last summer. I wasn't sure with my sexual orientation due to the stuff I was doing alone at home, I was desperate because of my sexual experiences with the girls and absolutely didn't know what's going on. I was on the edge when I decided to go to porn cinema usually full of gay guys where I could even risk catching some STD by entering it. But my brain was just looking for getting high and experiencing something more extreme so I didn't take care of these things. Finally when I was there, I masturbated but refused to have any sexual experience with any of those guys. Then my penis started to be very limb again right after I masturbated for a while and got that dopamine shot in my brain.

Then I found this website last summer and it literally changed my life. It was like finding a cure for all my previous problems I had for one or two years. I absolutely didn't think about it the way that this huge amount of porn and more and more extreme stuff is actually changing my brain. I decided to stop immediately and I did.
I stopped PMO on September and I just didn't watch it back then. I had no cravings or anything. I was just so sure and so eager to stop it all as soon as possible so I just told myself I will get rid of anything that can slow my healing process and I will not watch it or touch my penis for 80 days. It was easy except of terrible headaches and some sleeping problems I had. I remember how I lost and reached my libido, then had erections just thinking about normal sex, I had one erotic dream. Time was healing my mind.
I made it to 67 days. 67th day was random sexual experience with my female friend. We were both drunk and she wanted to have sex. I was refusing because during that time I was and I still am into a girl that I told everything about my problem to and I'm even trying to heal myself for her so I'm be able have sex with her. Unfortunately this drunk friend gave me a handjob/******* and then I came (I finished myself with my hand) and my penis was hard almost whole time during this experience. I felt bad because I took it like cheating on that girl I like but I also found out I'm really fixing my ED problem.
I had 2 more petting experiences until December 2011 with that girl I like. It wasn't bad and she's really patient with me but I was hoping my erections will be even harder, I just felt I'm not completely healed.

Then my problems came again. My first relapse happened at the end of December before New Year's Eve. I couldn't resist and checked out what's new on the website of that porn cinema I've visited and what those gay guys are posting on the message board. Then I looked into some of their pictures and masturbated for a minute and immediately had an orgasm.
Since January 2012 I've been trying to get back on my abstinence track but huge cravings for checking out that porn cinema website were following me a lot and I couldn't help myself reading some stuff every now and then. Then during February I was seriously thinking about going to dominatrix that is mostly oriented on feminization techniques and I started to have this addiction problems again. Right now I'm getting high on ideas of being feminized, checking out and relapsing at some transvestite blogs full of porn pictures and literature like this. I'm still into the girl I was talking about previously, we're still together but not in serious relationship tho, I was having petting with her again last weekend and my erection was quite OK until I tried to put condom on. Then my erection was gone. I'm telling her about my relapses almost every time I have one.

So last year I made it from September to December without PMO (except of 3x petting play with a girl and relapse at the end of December) and since New Year's Eve I feel like I'm losing what I gained since last summer.
I don't know how to stop cravings even after those 4 months I made at the end of last year. I don't know how to get back on the track. I have a fear I will have porn cravings forever.

Wish me luck, fingers crossed for all of you guys!
Thanks for both of your advise. Now I am able to intercouse with my wife, she enjoyed it. It lasts more than 30 minutes. But now I found I struggle to ejaculte on time and left unsatisfied. Is this delayed ejaculation problem? Still its a part of a Porn induced one.I dont know what I need to do. How long it would take for complete recovery..Please respond me soon..
porn related sexual problems are on a spectrum. ED is at the far end of the spectrum - the final step reflecting brain changes. So yes delayed ejaclation means your brain hasn't fully recovered.
Thanks Palpateit, But how many another day I have wait for a fully recovery. Is Delayed ejaculation the final phase in of rebooting process?
For some it is. For others its quality of erections. Others it's libido, and others it's confidence. Highly variable.
Hello All ,Its very mind changing words put on this blog .It created big impact on me .I will say no to porn and mastrubation from today let us see

My first time was bad.

I couldn't erect as hard as when I M to P.

At first I thought I was gay LMAO. I was so afraid and started thinking what if i really am?

To my relieve. I was still turned on by girls (ALOT). But in actual fact. Fake girls (Porn).

Until I stumbled onto this website. I finally plucked the courage to stop My PMO once and for all.

I've been PMO since I was 14 Years old! And I'm 20 now.. I'm sure these 6 years have already done a great damage to my brain.

I've already stopped watching Porn for 18 days now and the withdrawal symptoms is killing me.

It's because of the stress I'm getting due to my hectic workload.

I was almost succumbed to my own fantasy again but luckily. I immediately click back to this forum and read all the post again and rekindled my motivation.

I'm like extremely horny most of the time whenever I'm alone and as my mind will wander to my needs. I hope i can overcome this and have a normal sex life soon....

Good luck to everyone out there who's in the same battle as me.
I'm 14 and I've been masturbating since I was 11 Idk why I started but I guess I kept getting addicted and now I've been with a girl for a while she is stunning beautiful and just drop dead gorgeous and we had our first time sorta at her sisters boyfriends house but we couldn't do it all the way cause her pants were in the way and now I wanna have sex with her I really do but I have erection problems sorta like it goes down after a little or doesn't get completely hard I really need help I keep masturbating and I'm trying to stop but when I get a erection I get the sensation of wanting to do it again bit I need help what can I do??
Today iam unable to control my sex desire .I couldn't find decent girl too i was watching porn and heavily MASTRUBATED.Again fall in ditch .Ok lt me count from today before next peak of my desire i should get ready with a girl say no porn no mastrubation
Hey guys I thought this might interest some of you. I too suffered from ED, I'll go back to the days when I first had sex at 25 and I couldn't get hard for 2 months. It took me 2 months to have sex successfully with my ex girlfriend (girlfriend at the time). The interesting thing is though later in our relationship when the sex wasn't very frequent I masturbated a lot to porn even when she was upstairs in bed, and when we did have sex still I could still perform and get hard, sometimes even after masturbating and having an orgasm once also. But I will say I still suffered forms of porn Induced ED while we were having sex at times, sometimes I would completely loose my boner or I couldn't blow or if I had difficulty at times finding the hole at the earliest stages of having sex I would loose my hard on instantly and it wouldn't come back at all. I am sure what I suffered is porn induced ED but to an extent I knew sex was easier when I started to fall for her also. Now after doing research on ED I will end my porn addiction for 4 months and see how it goes I am going overseas then and I want to be able to perform when a backpacker european hottie wants to have sex.
You have to say no porn no masturbation. It was the only way I was able to have sex with my girlfriend at the time and that took me 2 months then I was sweet.
If you guys are experiencing this and have a gf currently I can give you some tips that will help you out a lot. Ask your girl to be patient with you if you are stressed and upset with yourself or about her being emotional about your performance and you not getting hard every time you have sex you will never get erect. Secondly have showers together and feel and rub one another's bodies this will speed the process. Get comfortable being naked and accept your girlfriend's body this isn't essential because you can fall in love regardless but what I am saying is if you compare it to other girls bodies you are asking for ED next time you try. Kiss often in the comfort of a room, alone, when you can get hard from just kissing you are definately ready. Another thing that worked or helped for me is when I watched porn I like ***. So I got her to shake it around and grab it even massage it, it all helps in getting you erect and solving your problems find what turns you on when you are with her and work with it, don't force it though.
Im 4 months on reboot. I have a question , is getting hard on just touch without porn or fantasy sign of reboot or progress , and do i have to have solid erections on striptease videos without touching myself? Thanks.
I've been reading this page for a while now and icant begin to describe how match everyones experiences and comments have inspired my I have finaly mustered the courage to whrite my own experiances since I have the same proplem as almost everyone else in here....I started masturbating around 10 to 11 years old and done so for multiple times a day since then around 18 I met my first serious Girlfriend I stayed together for 1 year and a half first 3 months were amazing and the sex was even better until problems started to arise in our reletionship.....there were a lot of fights and tears and depression....at this point after a while I stayed with her just for the ses since at this point that was the only thing I wanted from her....then suddenly one day I couldnt do it.....I couldent get it up.....

I knew i wanted it but I just couldnt get it up or sometimes i could and sometimes I couldnt....This put further strain in our reletionship....I kept watching porn and masturbated even when I was with her but never to a big excess as I didnd have time for it but after that I started watching Porn just to see if I could get it up ...to make sure if it worked....I even tried watching porn with her but I couldnt get it up...but when I masturbated alone I could get massive erections and get hard just thinking about her or porn....in the end we broke up and I blamed my ED and myself for It....

Then I started watching and masturbating to porn consistenly everyday and multiple times too when I couldent get up from bed with a morning wood i knew something was wrong it even got a point where masturbation alone couldnt get me a solid Erection and a couldnt get erect without touching my penis...
A few months later after I finished my service in the army i hooked up with this pretty nice girl...she is sweet caring understanding and funny and all and I am starting to think that there is some realy good feedback with her...
we went for 6 months like this without doing anything besides kissing and petting but even then i couldn get a solid erection it will be about 40% or 30% erect most of the time and i ended up touching her to see if i could Get it up or not....my porn addiction escalated at this point...andstarted to get heavy....I stayed up nights and nights watching porn and masturbating without sleep I even Downloaded sex games and other sex boooks and erotica.....when the time came to do something more with this girl of mine I again couldnt get it up... I was half erect or when i did get a 70% hard erection(the best I could Do At This Point) I started losing it once I put the condom on and when i tried to penetrate her I couldnt "Find" the hole and I went limp...
Embarassed as ****.....I searched the net desperately trying to find what the **** was wrong with me and all i could Find was that I needed Pills and doctors and a lot of money which i didnt have...and i couldent accept the fact that I had to use medicine they give to 70 Year old people when I am 21.....
then I stumbled into this blog and started reading...
Literaly while reading I was Like O_O
I couldent believe what I was reading!!! Porn Is Bad for you??? all my friends watched and they never had this problem or mentioned anything like that before ...Now for nearly two weeks I stopped PMO...
and..I am Confused..
Heres My experiances:

I get Pretty good erections when with my girlfriend but I am too nervous to go enywhere else afraid tha i will fail her again...

1)Morning wood came back but other days its there and others it isnt...
2)I still have Insomnia...
3)While kissing and touching I mannaged to get 90% solid erection since stopping PMO...but Im afraid that once I Put A condom On It Will Fade...
4)I can get erection without touching my penis...
5)I started to feel twiching in my **** in the middle of the day but nothing serious...
6)I have a craving to watch porn more than I want to masturbate...
7)When I think about my girlfriend i cant get hard....but i start to think what will it happen if I fail to get hard again...
8)Erections start to last longer but still go away quikly....
9)My libido sometimes is high and sometimes its gone.....

Those are my experiences I must have around 1 week and a half without PMO and I could Really appreciate some help from enyone here... God Bless you all thank for giving me the opportunitty to share those feelings with someone....I hope everything works on your end.

Ps: I smoke
Ps2:I never had problems with condoms with my ex girlfriend
Ps2: I could do it for several times a day and stay hard for Hours
Ps3:I could get hard only by seeing a sexy girl on the street
Also sorry for my bad english....I'm Greek :P
Hey guys...nearly three weeks in and I have started to get some morning wood but it's still not hard enough and sometimes just dissapears in the blink of an eye...and sometimes my penis is just dead,I've heard this is called "flatline" and it's natural to happen but it still is kind of unnerving....This month I'm going for complete Blood tests Just to be sure I'll let you guys know about the results :)
two weeks is just a beginning - it can take from 2-5 months, or longer for complete reversal. It gets worse before it gets better for most guys.

Google -  yourbrainonporn.com  - for more information, and this more active medhelp thread
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Mens-Health/Too-much-porn-masturbation-cause-ED/show/183203?camp=watch_list
The only thing I can comment on is the morning wood. I am not an expert but I think you get erections in stages of sleep. Sometimes you wake up during a stage of excitement, maybe from a random dream, and have an erection. Other times you wake up in a different stage and it's limp. It's not like people have erections all night. Just in certain stages to make sure your penis is functional.
Okay so a little freaked out just now and some expert view would be much appreciated!

Having gone through stints of no pmo (10 weeks, 5 weeks etc.) and relapsing a couple times I've decided to ensure this is the final time I quit pmo and for good. Installed porn blockers with completely random passwords etc so it's nigh on impossible to view porn and am at the two week mark. So far do good.

So here's the problem. Just gone for a number 2 and having just squeezed one out (I apologise in advance for the childish description lol) I noticed a thick stringy fluid dribbling from the end of penis. On closer inspection it was semen! I had inadvertently just can without realising it. I feel a little cheated out of an orgasm as I hadn't masturbated or even felt the slightest sensation. It didn't shoot out nor was my **** sensitive like would be normal. Just a long dribble.

Having been through 2 lengthy stints of abstinence this is something I've never experienced before in my life and an a little weirded out to say the least.

Can anyone shed some light on this please?
Just have to impart some good news. For over a week I've been going through a weird depression; feeling apathy, nothing excites me. Not sure which girl to focus on, I'm 35, no family, no job, hardly any friends, no girlfriend. That kind of deal.

Eating lots of more green food. Anyway, I hadn't masturbated for maybe 5 days, and I wasn't horny, but a friend online triggered me to look for porn and I masturbated. But without ejaculation. Did some kegels (PC muscle exercise) off and on, not that many, dispersed throughout the days.

This morning I woke up with hardest erection I have ever had! I mean, I'm used to it pointing slightly down but it stood like a soldier. So that's the good news. Morning wood of mahogany!
I just wanted to encourage you guys again. From what I read, many of you are doing great! And when you think you can't do it anymore, don't give up, you can do it!

For those of you who aren't married... (yet) There is such a concept to "wait" for the right one you know! It won't Kill you to wait you know. Plenty of guys have actually done it before in times past. I understand your frustrations but there are a lot of virgin men who have struggles waiting too... What I'm saying Is, its Not impossible!

So since my last posting my hubby went back to the Masterbastion & Porn. But he has now stopped Feb.23...so Its been two months now. He actually had more of a epiphany than anything that made him stop. He had a series of dreams that weren't too pleasant and became so disgusted by it and so he just stopped cold turkey.

I'd have to say, he's said it many times before, but this time he means business... "Time is short" he says... He wants to do something with his life and doesn't want this addiction holding him back.  I know He's dead serious this time.  He'll probably decide to do public speaking on the issue one day soon because he's so determined to help other men with their sexual addictions. When he does, I'll post about it to let you know.

And yes, the half-hard boners do go away. The softness eventually becomes a normal hard-on. Just Don't concentrate on it.  Ignore it. Just give it TIME and A Lot of it. This issue didn't happen overnight... It took Years for you to get yourself into this... At least allow yourself a few months to get yourself out of it!
For the longest time I have been somewhat secretly depressed about this issue. I am 21 years old now and from about 16 when I lost my virginity I knew there wasn't something totally clicking.

I have been masterbating (masturbating) probably about everyday since around 7th grade when I found my first porno walking home from school. I never thought twice about it. I always thought it was the same as sex just more convenient and of course i'd rather have sex but for the time being I will just stick to this because it is fun and I wasn't having sex.

When I am with a girl I can get an erection after quite a bit of work on her part which is always embarrassing for me and they often either say they are not in the mood anymore or I will finally get an erection and we will have sex but not form a relationship.  I have since have had sex with about 4 different girls. Same thing happening every time. There was one girl where at one point sex was a pretty regular thing for us and I stopped masterbating (masturbating) all together not because I was forcing myself but because I didn't feel the need to. But once that relationship ended I was back to masterbating (masturbating) about everyday. A couple months ago I was making out with a girl things went a little farther we were both naked wanting to have sex and I couldn't get it all the way up and she just called it quits. I told myself I was going to stop all sexual activities including masterbation (masturbation) untill I figured out what the hell was going on. That lasted about 2 days untill I masterbated again. Now was brought me to do some research and google stuff was from what happend last weekend. At a party and got extremely drunk made a fool out of myself and somehow ended up naked in bed with two extremely good looking girls who were also both naked. We played around a little bit and I got no erection at all. not one bit. After being pretty depressed for the last week about it I started googling just normal ED's ( I had no idea there even was a thing for porn-induced ED's) I am really excited to be able to move forward and know that I am not the only one with this problem. I have deleted all my porn off my cell phone and computer. I have made a promise to myself to stop masterbating (masturbating) and looking at porn altogether.  I have also made a promise to myself to stop the uncontrollable drinking. I will update my progress as the weeks go on. As of now I am just three days in but atleast now I know there is hope and other people dealing with the same problem. Thanks Guys.
A couple of suggestions.

Erection problems can be mainly physical, mainly psychological, or a mambo combo. You say that you are unable to maintain an erection during intercourse. Can you keep an erection when she touches your penis with her hands or mouth, or when you masturbate?
Some men have problems keeping erections at the beginning of a relationship. Then, after they become more comfortable with their new partners, their erections become more reliable. Pay attention to your erection patterns to help you decide if you need to see a urologist or a sex therapist. If you have erections when you wake up or through masturbation, but not with a partner, that's important information that says your body is working correctly, physically. For the time being, why not receive pleasure and not worry about erections? These kinds of difficulties are common and transient. You can view them as part of life rather than as problems. Or, if it is a problem for you, sex therapy may make a difference

You could be experiencing "desensitization" from your masturbation, or "performance anxiety" due to your lack of actual experience with a partner.

To overcome either of these the most effective "technique" is for you and your partner to:

1. Go into your bedroom and get as comfortable as possible. You both need to be very relaxed (not via alcohol, or drugs). Try soft lights, soft music. Remove your clothing and continue to relax together.

2. Slowly begin to lovingly touch each other with NO goal to engage in sex. As your level of excitement rises relax and enjoy the feelings. Again you are NOT going to have sex (tonight), only pleasure.

3. If you feel yourself nearing "the point of no return" back off, and/or have your wife apply the Semans procedure, aka "squeeze", "pinch" procedure. A firm (not painful) "pinch" to the head of your penis. Then when you are able continue "pleasuring" each other. This will allow you to experience having erections for longer and longer periods.

For LOTS MORE information you can go here

Hi Guys - I think that I have recently suffered from porn induced erectile dysfunction. I split from a long term girlfriend last summer and spent 6 months without dating anyone else, during this time I was watching a lot of porn.

A few months ago I started dating a really good looking girl, the first time we had sex I couldn't manage a full erection (it was hard enough to just about manage penetration but but I lost it quickly) - I thought it was down to nerves / having a few drinks and using a condom. This happened another couple of times.

I did a bit of research online and found this site as well as a few others and realised that it could all be porn induced so I straight away stopped watching any porn or masturbating.

After about 6 weeks I feel like I've made a full recovery - we had sex the other night (I did take a viagra just to make sure and as a confidence booster) and ever since I've felt like I could get hard whenever necessary.

My question is should I allow myself to watch porn again? I haven't watched any since I realised it was the cause of my problems and now I'm worried that if I watch any I'll revert back to where I was - which is a shame as watching porn is enjoyable!

Anyone got any advice or experience of this?
I'm 20, and it was about a year ago I split up from a 3 and half year relationship. Since then I've tried (and failed) to sleep with 3 other girls, all of which have been when I've been drunk and I couldn't get it up. At first I thought it was just the drink, but over christmas just gone I slept with my ex a few times, one of the times I was very drunk, but had no problems at all. Since then I've tried to have sex sober with another new girl, and the same problem has occured. The problem is it took me nearly a year with my ex to finally have sex properly with her, and now I'm desperate for that not to happen again as I'm not looking for a relationship at the moment, but of course would still like to be having sex.

I've read all sorts on ED and was left feeling confused as I know I'm not depressed or feel nervous when I go to have sex with another girl. It was only today I found this forum and am so encouraged by the amount of people out there who believe their problems could be down to internet porn. I have been masturbating almost daily over porn since I was about 14, except for when I was having regular sex with my ex. Since we split I'd never even considered porn as being the issue, but actually having read this, I'd admit I'm probably addicted and unfortunately a real naked girl (except my ex) just hasn't done it for me lately. It's definitely a control issue, with porn you're in control, with my ex I knew what she likes and that's why it wasn't an issue with her. I'm going to give up porn starting today and for as long as it takes to get through this, as good sex is a million times better than any **** I've ever had! Well done to everyone who has managed to work through it and I'm hoping the same will happen to me. Thanks a lot.
I made the reboot period of 8 Weeks, and today is the week number 2 out of reboot period so I want to share my experience.
The first day out of reboot I visit a paysex place and came in the condom while girl masturbating (erection  not full)
Last week, I visit another paysex place and there was no way, my penis was not reacting to the hand of the girl.
Today again I visit another paysex place and I had the first eyaculation inside a vagina I have experience during my whole life. I just observe how my mind and my body is reacting to the different situation and I still realize there is a long way to cure what I have been doing myself for so many years, but today for me was like.. uauuuu, I still have a chance.
Thank you guys for sharing your experiences.
8th day of no PMO. I think that's the longest abstinence in my entire adult life. There's a small urge but nothing overpowering. No erections, low libido. Lots of going to the gym. Girls check me out. More eye contact, more relaxed. But overall pretty anti-social.

I fantasize about pretty extreme stuff off-and-on during my penis enlargement exercises because I need a half-assed hard-on to do them. But my sexdrive is almost zero even when I see a nice butt. There's steam coming out of my ears but no reaction down there.
I was doing good for awhile without having any issues with ED. My confidence was back than I did what most addicts do I reverted back to porn and masturbation. I was still able to acheive an erection until recently.

Now I have to reboot my brain again. It is possible to reboot to your brain. It worked for me but the real problem is being able to stay away from porn.

My wife had a baby a year ago and her chest size went down. I don't know if that has anything to do with it b/c I am a breast man. Regardless, I know that porn and masturbation is the main problem.
hey man this happened to me once too. first time ever drunk/girl not really hot: hard to get an erection, couldnt lose my virginity. second time, sober, but with weird mental funk from the first: didnt work, couldnt lose virginity. second girl again after approx. 7-8 attempts finally got it in a good number of times but was still kinda flacid. third girl: same thing but got over it quicker approx 2 or 3 times then got some confidence. dated her for awhile and everythings been fine ever since. the first time with the last couple girls i dated was still rough just due to the past mental thing. but now im fine. i realized its just about not thinking, your body was made to do this with no brain just relax. that first time drunk thing is the trigger for limp ****. it was for me anyway. so just power through it. eventually you'll just be like **** it and get rock hard.
I have the same issue. Im 24 and addicted to porn for over 10 years. I tried having sex with many girls but it goes soft... I tried libegrow and it worked the first time but never again... When i masterbate i used the same routine and it hits different nerves then that of a women.  i read somewhere you can train your penis to enjoy a women ... Im just lost
I started abstinence 3 weeks ago before I found this website because I was bored of porn..I'm worried and depressed since I found this website as I believe I'm suffering from porn-induced ED..I had my last erection while watching porn ..I worry I cannot recover..Is this normal to feel stress and depressed? And is this normal during rebooting my brain? Someone please help me..For your information, I will be having final exam after two weeks..
Why not start with reducing masturbations to begin with? To maybe once a week. Then next time do 2 weeks of abstinence, then 3, and so on. I'm sure this would cause some to relapse to the old routines though. But for some a depression sets in after weeks of abstinence and this can screw up motivation to do anything.

I have been worried my libido and my erections would cease altogether if I abstain for too long, but we are programmed to have erections during sleep to keep the penis in shape. I know my libido is there, my mind tells me so, but my penis fail to get the message. A naked girl is not enough anymore, thanks to porn.
Hey Guys......Since we come here and post and talk about our progress.....maybe we should create a room for ourselves and actually become friends....maybe get to know one another....like a Rehab Center......where people not only get cured for their addiction....but by sharing the same experience they get to know one another deeply and close up....and actually some become best friends after they are done......believe me when i tell you....that a big part of our life wrecking habit comes from loneliness....not surrounded by friends, living alone maybe, alot of reasons come to my head....mine is the fact that i have lived alone for 8 years......and not to brag about myself alot...i am a sociable , interactive person , but people have sadly become so shallow and inconsiderate and nasty to each other...so at the end of the day....i decide that being alone is better than being with someone who will actually get me down instead of lift me up ........My Suggestion is....Maybe we should all introduce ourselves to each other....maybe add one another to our Facebooks.....post on each others walls....Laugh together....make time for each other....Help Support one another through our life changing phase.......this Comment may seem silly to some of u here im sure....but i only dream of being happy by killing this addiction we all have and i think together we might have a Big Chance. Thank You .........
Hey, is it fine to recall having sex with girlfriend in the progress of rebooting? Would it slow down my progress? Thanks in advance..
I just came across this post, and I want to share my thoughts with the rest of you:

How on earth would having sex with your girlfriend delay progress?!?  THAT is the entire goal of this 'reboot' strategy; to experience a physical/mental/sexual connection with a real woman, sex with a woman only helps reinforce those normal feelings, and conditions your brain to become aroused during intercourse intstead of masterbation (masturbation).  GO FOR IT!

Its important to remember that although there are some valid points here on the internet in relation to porn ED, take it with a grain of salt...most people are on here because they have some psychological (perhaps a few have physical) ED during intercourse and want to share mostly their problems.  Don't allow a victim mentality dominate the progress you are capable of acheiving in relatively short amount of time.  Just reading things like "reboot" can reinforce the idea that you won't be cured for months.....this is simply untrue.  Its all mental, if you are an free thinking person, empathetic, and open to new experiences....try your best to focus on the woman, FEEL all that is too feel good about sex with a woman, pay attention to the color of her skin, her breathing, her movements...and eventually you won't think, you will only exist in the moment, just like meditation.  If you exist in the moment and do what is natural, everything will resolve itself; trust me.  You all have the ability to overcome this problem much more rapidly than sites like yourbrainonporn have you think.

Take this from someone that used to masterbate in the "prone position," for over 10 years I read through all the sites about TMS and how it would take months to "retrain my brain" to masterbate the normal way.  After several failed attempts to do so, I relaxed one day...and just started stroking the normal way while thinking about only sexual fantasieis, NOTHING ELSE (ex. 'will i be able to masterbate normally).  Guess what?  I was able to masterbate normally in the span of 3 days not 3 months!

(I even had a bad reaction to a antibiotic once, went on the internet, read all the horror storries about 'years of recovery'.....then I stopped reading, relaxed, put my mind on other things...and within one month, I was no longer experiecing problems.  When you look for a problem, reinforce it by finding others with the same problem, and then collude on a rehabilition time  frame ....guess what, you've now conditioned your brain to accept that time frame and probably won't rehabiltate an earlier.  And remember, most people come on these types of forums with problems, you missing out on those with success stories because they don't come on here in the first place.  So take a deep breath, relax, and know that there are plenty of people that quickly changed this issue.)

I am 27 now, have only had sex a few times between 19-26 (because of religious beliefs, which I have decided to modify for a healthy sexual life).  I am in great shape, and am very attractive...but I too shared your problems.  I recently met a girl, I get hard even when I hold her hand, but the same thing happened when we tried to sleep together for the first couple times.  I knew this was all psychological, so to jumpstart my transition...I stopped porn/masterbation & took a small dose of cialus before the next time and was able to maintain the erection during....subsequently I was able to feel how good sex can be (and more importantly my self confidence skyrockted).  Just like switching masterbation (masturbation) methods, I wasn't used to this new form of pleasure....and after a few times I really started to enjoy and look forward to it (like trying beer the first few times when your a kid, or pot, etc.)  After a few times, I no longer needed the cialus and now enjoy @#$ing her whenever I want.  I'm not suggesting that you follow my method, but it helped ME get over anxiety, and allow myself to experience sex (condition my brain) for the great experience that it is.  If your a teenager, forget the taking pills, but if you're in your late twenties - 30's (or beyond)...it could help you get over that axiety 'hump' and on with your sex life.

So for God's sake, try to relax (meditate, pop a pill for the first few times, breath, whatever works for you) and just enjoy.  I know many muslim men that didn't have sex until they married in their 30's, and they too told me it was adjustment, but that it hardly took any time because their was nothing socially unnacepatble about not knowing what you're doing in that culture at the beggining.  Seriously, relax...if you can get hard from ANY other stimulus, you have the capability to get and maintain an erection with a naked woman.  This is ALL mental and the only thing holding you back from experiecing pleasure and a rock hard erection is the fear and anxiety of the unfamiliar.

Pray if thats your thing, think about all the other ****** up **** that exists in our world and how lucky we are to be so worried about this sort of problem, relax, and keep at it until you succeed.  If you've ever tried dancing (bachata, tango, etc.), you know damn well how nervous you are the first few times, and how much easier and enjoyable it becomes with just a LITTLE practice.  Relax, lay off the porn, and open yourself to enjoying sex....I'm positive its not going to take but a couple weeks if you open and allow yourself to change.
Great post. I had a similar issue which I resolved by taking l-Argonne on a regular basis. It is a non prescription supplement you get in any drug store and helps with all round health. For ED you may need to up your dose but once your confidence builds you can stop altogether. It's a good thing to have as a back up plan but still good for you and inexpensive.

Good luck
L-arginine (typo)
I have been suffering from porn induced ED since I was 23. I started mastrabating when I was 13 and started using porn when I was 16. At 23 I had my first sexual experience with a girl, she started to give me oral sex and despite me not being nervous and being aroused mentally nothing happened at all, no erection and virtually no sensation. I then got hold of Cialis and took that the next time I had a sexual encounter, I got a very good erection with it, I had some sensation but I couldn't ejaculate at all however much she tried and I tried. I changed the way I mastrabated and after a while I managed to started ejaculating during sex. So everything seemed fine. Problem is, I have started to build up a tolerance to ED drugs. Recently I got up the courage to go see my doctor after having this problem for 7 years, I had a blood test and physical examination and everything came back normal, in fact better than normal, all my hormone levels are good and my free testosterone wasn't just fine it was in the high range of normal! So I started doing research and found out about porn induced ED. A few weeks ago I stopped watching porn altogether, stopped mastrabating to orgasm and I have talked to my girlfriend about it and we've agreed not to have intercourse for a month. The thing I have struggled with the most is that I still find myself mastrabating and fantasising, but not to orgasm. I have started to get some morning erections after 2 weeks which is encouraging.

I do have questions I'd like to ask if anyone can help. Would it damage my recovery if after a month I start having intercourse with my girlfriend?

Does anyone know if taking ED drugs like Cialis, Levitra and Viagra will slow or stop me recovering?

Will it slow or harm my recovery if my girlfriend gives me manual or oral orgasms?

Thanks guys and I hope this works!
@jamesmoon...That's a helluva rat trap but seriously, what's wrong with you? Spell casting?! Lay off that shi.

@wickedsquirrel: With manual orgasms too much pressure is put on the penis, which would make vaginal intercourse not as pleasurable for you (in the long run) and thus weaken erections. As for oral....go for it! She can warm you up that way. If you get hardons from oral, then move on to vaginal. As for the one-month abstinence from sex...I don't see the point. You don't have to put your penis in her but you can stimulate her with mouth, fingers and toys, and make her satisfied anyway (if she has the need). And she can service you too. If during petting you feel the urge to put it in her, and everything works like a charm - you're cured!
I really like this forum, so I am gonna tell my last progress.
In April I managed to make 8 weeks of rebooting and my situation was really good. My mental and phisical health were amazing.
But In August I started watching porn and masturbating again.
Nowadays the situation is so bad that I masturbate 3 a day with porn.
That is why I am gonna make a 10 Weeks stop in order to cure this problem.
I will put here my progresses.
Regards
It happens to the best of us. I had a one night stand with this gorgeous woman and I got it up for a minute. I think it was the mental block from using a condom. But then it happened when I didn't. Too much porn and not enough confidence. That fear of not performing makes you not perform. After you get thru that .... Then you can knock her boots . I know it's been 4 yeas since this thread started but still the issue comes up time to time. Less porn and build up ego. That's the answer.
go where?
Hey guys, I'm back after 2 years of posting that I cured myself.
Guess what, you can fall back into the same thing.
I had stopped watching porn for 3 months and mentally trying to get off on only my girlfriend during that time. This pretty much cured me, but it did take 3 months and lots of will power.
After being able to have sex with my girlfriend for about a year, I told myself I could watch porn again and be unaffected. Slowly, over the years our sex became worse.
My GF of 4 years has now separated from me, no doubt because of this problem as a root, among other things.

DO NOT get cocky[haha] after being successful a few times. Stay away from the porn and live a normal, healthy life. I've abstained from porn over a month now, and hope to recover my normal sexual self, and my girlfriend.

In conclusion: Self inflicted ED is definitely curable, it just takes time and willpower. After curing yourself, it's also possible to fall back into disastrous habits.
hi, i'm posting this as a self confession, i suppose we all have to tell someone at some time to aid the process.

i'm 45 years old married, i've been in to masturbation from an early age, but it was always with soft porn and getting the odd peek up a girls skirt, that is until the dreaded internet made it so easy to look at very hard core porn, like many on here i've had to find more a more extreme things to get me off. as my marriage isnt really ever been based around sex i used the porn to fill a gap. however i've now met another lady who really wants me like ive never been wanted before. so im sort of trying to cure myself before i make a hash of making out with this new lady. now ur probably saying how do i know i have a problem, ive noticed a few things of late, went to a lap dancing club before xmas and although i was aroused the old man had different ideas, i have tried to have sex with my wife but again i can only get hard and orgasm if she hand jobs me... she puts it down to my age. this new lady invited me round to hers the other night, as i had watched porn twice that very morning again all the old man wanted to do was sleep. arrrrrrrrrrr so i've made my mind up i want to have proper relationships with actual women not pornstars .......

so as of friday i'm staying away from porn driven masturbation....hopefully this will help me start to feel real feelings instead of impossible situations that wud never be......

gud luck everyone

sid james
my partner has ed we think due to his porn use prior to meeting its been over 8 months and still a struggle sometimes to have regular sex from a womans point of view this problem is demoralising and frustrating and confusing makes you feel like walking away.a truly horrible problem with no quick fix
I'm overly grateful for these posts. I'm 20 and it's been 5 days for me so far.

Woke up with a semi today which I'm proud of.

When abstaining from porn and masturbation, should I be trying to use my imagination to see if I get get hard? Or will it eventually happen naturally, where I'll have random thoughts or visuals that get me excited without being so conscious about it?

Please and thank you so much in advance!
When abstaining from porn and masturbation, should I be trying to use my imagination to see if I *can* get hard?

Sorry for the typo.
Look I'm a woman an I know just how hurtful a woman gets when her man is addicted to porn on internet. Makes a woman feel worthless and like she has done something wrong and all she wants is to be loves truthfully and all of you heart and soul!!!!
A related discussion, will i ever get hard again without looking at porn?? was started.
here you go
http://manhood101.com/principles101.pdf
Viewing 401-472 comments: