Men's Health Community
Too much porn/masturbation cause ED?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Viewing 3001-3192 comments:
Hi i was concerned, when i start getting ed. I first started when i was 17, at 17 i was so curious about masterbation (masturbation), i did know i had an ej when i actually tried, later i watch clips of people naked and giving **,having sex i got so hot and bothered i started fapping to the porn. i regularly masterbated, some time once every day, rare occasion i get so horny i do it 2-3 times a day, this happens rarely. It felt good, and it actually increased the amount of erections(hard ones) when im looking at a real person( and i also fantasizing about sex with real person). Now, THE minor ed happened within the last month, where i get horny but get a softer erection. I get morning wood which is really hard because i also partially fantasize, I noticed that people get morning wood is when your mind is concentrating on an erection and also the compression of your pants,underweare laying on your side have made the blood pressure of the penis much higher to allow good erections. Theres no problem with these kind of erection since they last a very long time(as long as im fantasizing, without any touching. the problem now is i get soft erection when aroused by mb and porn, some times. I GET aroused at people that are fit, and hot, sometimes my penis gets a little "wet" i could say its pre-*** thats how i aroused i am around people im attracted to. On occasion my penis do get hard, but it is very uncomfortable when i get an erection in my pants.

Since its noticeble, i put my erect penis straight up towards my stomach so people cant see the bulge in the pants. I think my current ed may actually be irritation, itchy of scrotal and penile area, where i was rubbing and scratching to relieve the itch, this may have caused desesitization. Did anyone have this issue?

if its a really good porno video, i also watch masturbation videos, i get super hard. Sometimes i get superhard when im not watching porn(i get very horny and aroused, just by sitting around being stimulated by my own pants and movements, and thoughts.  i am easily aroused, so i easily get erect, this always happened before i masturbated or watch porn(before i knew what masturbation and porn is) i ALSO get easily stimulated if i touch or caress my thighs(they are very sensitive).
i think its because i do it at a regular time, every 2 days, ive tried abstaining the most is 5 days(p and mb) and i still had ED, cant get hard without thinking about it.

when i was searching online, i noticed that some people are cabaple of edging, "stroking slowly almost to the point of orgams, but stopping, and starting it again.(I heard this needs alot of practice to train your brain this way. Furthermore, there is another technique called Hands free ejaculation, where you can get so hyperaroused that you ejaculate with orgasm(people do this by rubbing thier nipples or pecs, and pulsing thier penis muscle at the base, buttock and abs. (this also takes alot of practice. this requires no hand stimulation, or porno(sometimes).
i also notice sometimes my orgasms are so intense your body starts to become spastic, like shuddering. In the shower, the orgasm from masturbating while the shower is turned on also increased the intensity of the orgasm. I think the longer stimulation, the bigger the intensity, and the bigger load.
The problem ive been seeing is that people are P and or MB more than once a day. I think fantasizing is a good way of helping with ED, as long as its not the same imagery used in the pornos you watched.
actually having diabetes can lessen your ability to get hard and maintain a erection. it has to do with blood flow and blood pressure.
Im sorry if im posting more than once, but i like to point some of the issues/solutions that people have proposed on this forums.
When you your masturbating to porn, how do you "Stroke" the penis, using the whole hand to go up and down, slow and deliberate or hard and fast(i assume most people would go this route), i think the harder and faster you masturbate, your brain is going to get used to the idea, only ejaculation, orgams can be achieved by this method, and so is erection. Not having sex or orgasms,ejaculation can actually lower your sex drive, if you dont have it in 7-10 days, for people who are porn addict it may be different. I dont know if this is a helpful tip, but watching porn and masturbation doesnt need to be multiple times a day, it could be every few days, and only masturbate once. And you can masturbate without any porn, but not more than once a day, or multiple times a day. I think people take the pill if they are physically unable to get an erection, or from a disease. Taking the pill is just another substituition for porn. I notice i get aroused and hard sometimes when i use the muscles that controls my penis to move it around, this takes patience and practice.
Week 3 update

No porn in 3 weeks and I don't have the urge to look at or watch any, had a bit of a flat line and didn't see the girl in the last week , so I wanted to test myself and play with myself I have done it 3 times in 3 days yes it feels good but after the 3rd time I feel my **** not as hard and the cumming was not as good but still far better than before  so I know for myself this no wanking is defo going to work

I have been waking up with morning wood and on the 2nd play I had a huge hard on so I am guessing now I know the results will defo come I wont play now even

I have been getting pics of naked  girls who I know and its starting to look hot again instead of it not looking good

SO GUYS IT DOES WORK , I AM HAPPY I PLAYED AS IT PROVED TO ME FOR SURE IT DEFO WORKS

thats good, but the point is to get an erection without looking at sexy pics, wether thier naked or not, and without masturbation and porn. I think the biggest problem is that porn, people are overstiumalted, by the fact that you can just skip to the end of videos, and see the final results. i get morning wood too, but its not like normal (it goes away almost immediately. I also get wood when i lay on the bed(hard ones too) i can usually feel it, the blood rushing to the penis. 3 times in 3 days is a little excessive. for the amount of semen to recover, you need at least 2 full days. if you want a bigger semen load you will need to wait longer, thus your stimulation and excitation is much higher. I think the biggest problem of people in this site, is that they masturbate more than once a day and everyday.
That's the point I want to get is to look at normal pics, its pretty hard though when you get them sent to you

Yes you are right 3 times in 3 days is a lot but I was doing it far more before
i am 22 i have masterbating (masturbating) for past 8-9 years once or even twice now i feel urge to stop it because i can make it errect but it get soft at time of sex and not last longer is stoping masterbating (masturbating) regularly help anyone pls advice
looking at sexy pics/jacking off is not good if you are rebooting, Like the other post mentioned its best to stop those, and only train your brain to get hard on real live people. I was like you , 1 time a day, every day, it got to the point where my orgasm were not long lasting like used to and stimulation was not pleasant i felt horrible doing it every day, so i just switched mb/porn every 2 days, sometimes i tried longer and i knew the effect of orgams and arousal much higher the longer(much more pleasant experience) i abstain from sex, i dint notice a different till i couldnt get erect when seeing attractive people.  if you know about hands free ejaculation, that can be an alternative, but these are very hard to master. you can retrain your brain this way, without using hands/ just your muscles tat control the penis. you will have to be able to get hard like normal though. If you are easily aroused by other non-mb ways go for it. For me i get aroused/erection just talking about sex, or touching my body that is not near my genitals, i also get erection soemtimes when i massage my thighs.
i think one of my reasons now for my ed, is that my genital area get really sweaty, so now its irritates the skin, and makes it itchy so i have to scratch it to relieve, and it think thats part of the problem.

others also mentions besides cold turkey, which may be more difficult, is to gradually reduce your porn or mb intake. instead of jacking multiple times a day everyday, mb/porn every few days, after each session, increase the amount of days between porn or mb. I also noticed that some people are unable to get erections when they are in the recovery phase, i think its that they fall into anxiety,depression(these can actually decrease your sensitivty to erections, and the ability to get and stay erect). right now im on my 2nd day of no mb/porn, but i still encourage myself to get erect by non porn,mb stimulation, when i lie on my bed to sleep on my side i get hard erections, that last for a while, then it gets soft, and then it gets hard again.
one of my issues is the way i mb/ejac/porn. the way i was rubbing my penis, was using my whole hand to squeeze(not so hard) and move it up and down very fast to achieve a quick erection. i was suprised i was able to do a ***shot towards my stomach or the toilet, i couldnt rarely do those unless i very vigourous stimulation. even now im getting erection as i type because im thinking of soemthing sexual, but not a strong erection
how often do you mb/porn a day? if your doing it multiple times a day everyday in addition to having sex, it will cause ed, because your penis needs a refractory period between orgasm, ejaculation,stimulation.
hi all

I have a similar case with everyone's story on here. ED...so my question is.am in the reboot process 20days now of no P and M but a lot of sex chats with a potential gf and am hard and pre-*** every other time but no real ***(is this a goodthing within this process?)

now this beautiful woman and I may have to get down on sex very soon considering the rate we are going with our chat and she getting wet every other night and I know my ED and the 90days mark which I'm not even close to yet.so my question is can I use enhancement Drugs like VIaGRA?

will it work ? plus I have never tried it and practically still a sex virgin
I didn't wank to these pics I was getting I knew that would have been bad like it was porn , I was just getting them and I was finding it very hot to see a naked normal girl instead of before getting one and not liking it that much

I am going over to a girls tonight so will see what happens
oh boy....please come back with the goodies haha
do you mean a sex chat as a real person a gf, or something on a pornshite. the 90 day is bs, it depends on the severity of your ed. if you are able to get hard without any stimulation then you should have sex.
yes a sex chat with my to-be gf

how do I know if am good to go now.cos I have had no erection in my first sex encounter and since then been scared to try again with any girl until this one came along.I don't wanna loose this one cos I love her.

so how do I know am ready?
the point of this forum was to discuss peoples ed, caused by excessive mb and porn. If you have an erection with your gf, thats good, how long does it stay erect, how hard is it? do you think you can have sex with her, without going limp?i notice one of people's issue with ed is they become emotionally depressed/anxiety, this will make your ed worse. if you get ed from all that pornmb then you will have to wait till you recover from it, many people suggest not thinking/watching/mbing, but in order to get any erection you will need stimulation.
yes am rock hard when we do sex chat over the internet (she's still yet to visit my place plus I have never had the courage to drop my pants...yes when am still in my shorts,I feel hard and lots of wetting from my penis ''I think maybe it pre-***'' but I have never had sex with a girl or being bold enough to do so.

stimulation?....do u mean like cialis, Viagra and co?
is it also normal that my penis on normal no sex mood looks small and shrinked up to the size of my smallest finger?

it looks like one of those live sex chat/porn things, they usually dont become your gf, unless they are willing to go to your place, be sure to use condoms. if you are getting wet, it is most likely pre-***, when you ejaculate pre-*** can also come out, but you would have to be really aroused. stimulation as in from a rea person(image in your head), generally rubbing other parts of your body to illicit an erection, use the muscles of your buttocks, abs, and around your penis to stimulate an erection(i was able to do this, but since ed is in the way its difficult) you will need alot of practice. since your erection is based off of a internet person that is stimulation. it doesnt sound like you have ED, do you? if your penis or you is not aroused, it can be shriveled up like a pinkie? yes you wonder why some men in porn have big penises, its because they been aroused, had surgery, or is taking pills. be sure to use a condom.
Like most normal men, I have been masturbating since I realized I even had an erection, probably 12. Sure, we had porn back then (it was the 80s/90s), but it was videos and magazines, and the internet was in its infancy. I would say it was normal and healthy. When I met the girl who is now my wife, we had sex like rabbits (2-3 times/day, every day, and in odd places like the woods, my car, bathrooms, etc.). We got married at 20 and continued to have a great sex life, even through her pregnancies. I never once thought about the function of my penis, as it always worked. Always. As the years went on and the internet evolved with the increasing levels and freely availability porn of any kind imaginable, I started using it more and more (and I was viewing more bizarre stuff even outside of my sexual orientation), to the point of a real addiction that I sought treatment for. After years of unsuccessful treatment and therapy, 12-step groups, books, etc., I finally, more or less, was "cured" of my addiction, but I continued to occasionally relapse. Now I am 37 and have full-on ED, but it's all psychological (no diabetes or other health issues). I still get morning woods, wet dreams, nighttime erections, etc., but I can't get excited when it comes to actual sex with my wife. She is very attractive and sexy, but one day it started with a small fear that I wouldn't able to finish because I might not have the right porn image/fantasy in my head. So I would occasionally not be able to finish. Then one day, that fear turned into a failed erection during sex, which eventually turned into a complete inability to get it up at all in her presence. After lots of frustration, I went to my doc and he prescribed me an ED drug, and it seemed to work at first (probably a placebo effect), but after some time, it didn't seem to work as well. A full year later, and I feel like I'm back to square one. And to what do I owe all this? Porn. I still view it occasionally, and even though I don't always masturbate and orgasm to it, it still draws me in, because that is my only reliable aphrodisiac. Even if I can get it up on my own (without the help of drugs), I still have problems finishing. Yes, this is referred to as psychological ED, sexual performance anxiety, etc., but it goes beyond that because porn has destroyed my concept of "normal" sex. I have never been truly and fully porn-free, and I think this is probably the only cure for my ED. Young men are at a true disadvantage today because they are growing up on internet porn, and all of the stuff I described above is happening *before* their first true sexual experiences, which seems to be causing this epidemic of ED in younger men. Guys, do yourself a favor, and quit the porn now before you become someone like me.
I think I maybe have ED as most of the stories on here are just like my experience also....''a failed erection when trying to have sex''...thanks so much for the tips and reply.I already started abstinance from porn,mob and orgasm...I think its day 20something...am surprised how its so easy for me to quit everything...the only new thing now is this sexchat with my gf over the phone and on chats....it makes me want her bad, I have never boldly ever in my life told any girl,'I wanna **** u so bad', but am doing it with her and let's see again what happens when she finally shows up in tho I'm still scared about the erection failing
Hey, I have a general idea of what you guys are talking about but I did not read the whole thread.  I was wondering if you could give an opinion.  I am in my early 30's, and overall very healthy.  I do not have sex regularly, but when I do, I have had trouble reaching an orgasm.  I have no problem getting or staying hard, even without physical contact.  That seems to be the easy part, but the actual stimulation doesn't feel as good as it should, like I'm desensitized, resulting in me having trouble having an orgasm or even not being able to have one at all.  I guess the ladies aren't complaining, but I am!  I would say I masturbate regularly, but not super frequently.  It averages out to about once a day.  Sometimes if I skip a day or two I'll "catch up".  It's always to porn as well.  I wouldn't say I'm addicted, but I do watch it regularly.  I have to admit though, these things are getting less and less fun, and I'm more and more just wanting to have a regular partner.

That being said, do I have some problem I need to speak to someone about, or should I just try reducing these personal activities?  I read that masturbating too much can prevent your hormones from regenerating enough, giving you sexual problems.  At this point, I'd like to almost be like one of those guys who finish too quickly!  What do you guys think?
I feel like I definitely take the cake with how much I masterbate and how many relationships it has destroyed for me.  I started when I was 12 years old; I still remember the day that guys on the school bus joked about how good it felt, so I came home and locked myself in the bathroom to try for the first time and was blown away.  This was the start to an intense addiction that would run my life.  Pornography was the perfect gateway to satisfying my addiction with the visual stimulation that has no end.  You can move through pornography at mind blowing speeds to fulfill fantasizes faster than you can blink.  It's an overwhelming amount of visual stimulation that you could never get from one partner - which speaks to the desensitization that goes on.   Being catholic did not help the problem, knowing that it is a sin and frowned upon in the church.  But to me that was a minor obstacle that I could justify in my mind.   At first there were no noticeable effects in my early teenage years, partly because I hadn't had sex yet, so its elusiveness made it a novelty that still turned me on.  Once I had steady relationships and had sex, I started to notice that masturbation and porn made me less attracted to the girlfriends.  In the first couple relationships I blamed that to me falling out of love.   As I got girlfriends that were more and more attractive, I noticed the same thing would happen and start to realize the problem is probably with me.   Was was interesting was that the girlfriends that wouldn't have sex with me whenever I wanted, were the ones that I felt like I could get hard for at a whim.   So there was definitely a psychological thing at play as well.  Wanting what you can't have, desiring that novelty that you gain from seeking out new porn and fantasies online that you have trained your brain to respond to.   Now I am 28, and I swear its gotten to the point that I have to make a decision to stop.  I have one of the sexiest and smartest girls I've ever dated who is very successful and yet I masterbate probably 5-8 times a day at times, and probably average 2x a day.  There are times I go home at lunch to get my fix.  So it is pretty chronic.  And before I met her in the summer, I was verging on alcoholism and mania (with a ton of unprotected sex with randoms).  I was doing it to live out a fantasy and suppress a depression that was extremely present from the many failed relationships and likely this very addiction.   I pulled through with the heavy drinking and slowed it down a lot;  I changed a lot about myself after meeting this great girl.  Turning over a new leaf if you will and she is very patient with me and has helped me become a better man.   But the one addiction I know I have to shake, and I know it is time to do so, is the porn and the jerking off.   Luckily I still get morning woods, which is so surprising considering the amount this guy gets worked.  I swear, I am sometimes surprised it hasn't fallen off after some nights of abuse.   So, I am glad I found this forum so I can indulge myself into the support I will probably need.  I am lucky enough to have a girl that will give me as many blowjobs as I want, which takes care of the withdrawal feelings, but there will still definitely be those moments that you just miss exploring the vast corners of the internet fulfilling all your naughtiest fantasies that no one else knows about.  Letting those cravings run wild.   But to be a real man, and a great lover, I know that its one thing I have to commit to stopping.  I have tried in the past, and it is hell.  So, here is to making a real effort with a support group.   I will be coming on here to read more stories every time I feel I am at my breaking point.   Thanks in advance!
yes you can...its very difficult and almost impossible but u've to stay focused.

lucky u ,u don't have ED, so try your best and stay off porn.always distract yourself by getting busy outdoors especially...when you are not working on the PC,look away from it.

Goodluck
let the gf, stimulate you such as giving you oral, and handjob, or something else.
having live sex chat is like watching porn, you arnt getting stimulation from the real thing, if you can make her come to you then do so.

squint eastwood, i think your issue may be your porn/MB everyday, i used to do it once a day, sometimes 2-3 times a day(only when im super horny), and i notice its harder to get an erection the next day, so i switch every 2 days or 1.5 days to give time for recover, however i suspect i dint wait full two days for mines, and i go fapping without any arousal at all.
If you are suffering from something similar like people on this site, then you should do cold turkey. as for any addiction you can ween off the porn gradually, only do this if your ed is mild. i started late compared to other people, i discovered porn/mb because i was curious, in 2005 or 2006 , porn was in its streaming infancy, meaning i could only watch short clips, and pics that got me off. 8 years later, i get ed. now because for streaming porn i just skip to the orgasm parts of the video, or near the end, it shortens the stimulation so i get a quicker fix. i think  this where most peoples problem starts, they skip to the end of the video, where the guy/girl orgasms, and you start yours. fapping too much can induce ed, because there is refractory period, also the amount of sperm and semen is less if you ejaculate frequently as opposed to every 2 days, or every 7 days.i am single, i still plan on doing porn/mb, but in very short amounts. everytime i want to watch porn and or mb, the next time i do it will be 7days +1 days, so it gives me extra time to recover. i add on extra day each time i actually do it, but i want to wait till my normal erection comes back first. instead of trying to avoid "erections" you are trying to get erections normally, i dont know if people are this sensitive, but just thinking about sex, or ineuendos makes me slightly aroused, sometimes erection. use non-sexual stimulation to try to get an erection.
there are ways to make yourself erection without using hands,device or pills. if you can, use a girl to do the stimulations, and if you have the ability you can use the muscles to pulsate the penis to erection. currently im trying to avoid touching my penis to much, even if im not in the mood, i accidently touch i get aroused and erect, but my ed happens when i want to get an erection and it doesnt come, or my erection last for a very short time. i currently passed my 2nd day of no/mb, but only a few seconds of a porn pic. if you can look at porn and not mb, that is also good.
day 28 ...
Yeah, my problem isn't so much getting hard during the real thing, but finishing.  I feel desensitized.  In fact, I don't even need physical contact to get hard with the real thing.  However, I don't get hard with porn unless I "force" myself to (so to speak).

I think you're right about the refractory period thing, but I think mine is a little more serious.  I can go 2, 3, even 4 days without anything, but even then I still don't get readily aroused.  In fact, I almost like like it's more difficult to become aroused, like I'm "out of practice".  I think at this point I should either quit cold turkey -- which, let's be honest, is unrealistic -- or just REALLY cut back.  I think I pretty much need a sort of "cleanse", like I should go weeks without MB.  I read somewhere that too much can not just stop the body from producing enough sperm, but also reduce some hormones that affect your sex drive and your ability to become hard and orgasm.  What do you think?
P.S.  The article I read on that said that it would take 6-12 weeks for your hormones and sperm production to return to normal, and these problems were nothing to stress over because it was a natural, assured biological process.
I have given up porn and wanking for 3 weeks and then in the last week I started walking again for a few reasons like dirty pics from real girls not porn

I found my wanks were getting worse the more I did it and less feeling  , so now I decided to stop fully now I guess this jourany is finding what works for you

I do have girls to sleep with at least once a week so I am hoping that will help with not wanking

I have not looked at porn at all , after a week the porn thing I found easy  also my **** looks bigger
My bf has the same problem. What annoys me is he takes no account for it. He admitted watching lesbian sex, which wouldn't bother me if he could perform in the bedroom (which he can't). He tells me he loves me an he doesn't want anyone else, but how can I feel that when fantasy land is more stimulating! How am I meant to feel as a woman I can't compete with that...make believe. I've asked him how he'd feel if I kept reaching for the KY but was fine watching men, it does not seem to compute. I can't deal with it, it makes me feel nothing but disappoint...if I'm not worth putting porn an hold an him addressing his ED then why should he think he's worthy of my time! My advice...guys if you can watch porn an satisfy your woman its all good, if you can't then for god sakes chose your hand for the rest of eternity or a real body in your bed!
you should look at girlisbroken's post you have similar story to her, the post on here is specifically about Male ED. It seems that your bf has several problems, first is he cannot get an erection in the bedroom with you in it. Secondly, he is addicted to porn, he disregards your sexual advances and looks, get aroused and jacks off to porn.
3RDLY his penis or mind is so used to the porn, that the erections he can get is from porn and masturbation alone, he probably will be unable reach an erection naturally. It is extremely hard to convince someone with an addiction to stop, they depend on it to live everyday, without it , they either go into a few day rehab and just go back to watching porn. Hopefully you are not married to him. Also watching porn and then having sex can become a habit like porn/mb, because you will only use that as a form of stimulation. if you read other people's post, they will tell you why they cant get an erection in bed. People with addiction are often blind to fact that thier addiction is a problem. wanking to pics is the same as wanking to porn, if you are in a recovery phase with ed. if you are doing it without ed, than its fine. people do go into withdrawals in porn addiction. I cant say for sure how long i can hold out, i already relapsed several times after i found this forum. ive been doing since i was 17, now 26 is about 8-9 years.

To all girls who have problems with thier BF,porn, and MB, tell them to read this forums.
I have mastubated a lot even prone i need to know will there be any problem in intercource i never had sex and i am afraid that orgasm may happen even before sex.
i never had sex, if you orgasm with ejac before she orgasms, thats called premature, its different peoples problem here. you would have to have ed, despite sexual stimulation
please what is the solution because i do masturbate alot,  and find it difficult to erect during sex with my girlfriend but when i do masturbate alone its comes what is solution please???
Is there any drugs to take or to stop the masturbation is the best way to the solution? and how long will need to stop the masturbation and sex for the sex life to become normal????
I am so very thankful for this forum because I've been masterbating (masturbating) from porn since 8mm movies. I started watching movies from a projector with my  wife back in 1981 I am now 57yo. And then Vhs came out we were renting xxx movies on a daily basis. in fact she was more into them than i was
at that time. I never had a problem except on two occasions when we were attempting a threesome I think I was just too anxious on those two accasions because had plenty more threesomes with no problem sometimes with or without watching porn. Now lets fast forward to 2000 We Separated in that year I moved out to a little bachelor apt I started watching more and more porn but now it was alot easier because the internet. I started doing alot of drugs and watching porn for some reason the drugs made the porn so much more intense. And that's when the ED began. So I really had 3 things going against me, Drugs, watching Porn and anxiety. Out of all the time i was having sex 80% of  the time I could'nt get it up. I stopped using drugs in 2007 and has been clean since but the porn addition continued until Jan 2014. That's when I found this forum and oh what a blessing if was. I haven't masturbated to porn since Jan 6 2014. I waited about 1 month before i had sex  

at that time. I never had a problem except on two occasions when we were attempting a threesome I think I was just too anxious on those two accasions because had plenty more threesomes with no problem sometimes with or without watching porn. Now lets fast forward to 2000 We Separated in that year I moved out to a little bachelor apt I started watching more and more porn but now it was alot easier because the internet. I started doing alot of drugs and watching porn for some reason the drugs made the porn so much more intense. And that's when the ED began. So I really had 3 things going against me, Drugs, watching Porn and anxiety. Out of all the time i was having sex 80% of  the time I could'nt get it up. I stopped using drugs in 2007 and has been clean since but the porn addition continued until Jan 2014. That's when I found this forum and oh what a blessing if was. I haven't masturbated to porn since Jan 6 2014. I waited about 1 month before i had sex to  be sure. I started waking up with
hardons again Woop Woop!! Since Feb I have never once had a problem with staying erect while having sex. Oh I did masturbate once about a month ago but not to porn.    

Hi, I'm 22 and I really relate to most of the comments in here!

I introduced myself to porn when I was about 14 years old. I'm gay but for pressure and fear I didn't have sex or even kisses with another guys until I was 20. Maybe for the late start in the sexual life I was like a dog who's really horny! I had a relationship of 7 months with a guy and we used to have sex almost in a daily base. Sometimes I was so horny at home alone that I watched porn even though we had a great sexual life. Guess I was addicted to the porn experience or was just too horny because of excitement of a new thing in my life.

Early this year I had an affair with a guy and he really turned me on, but we didnt have sex (not because me and my **** didnt want to, but because of some problems in his life). Everything was fine back there.

Now its been almost 2 months and Ive been noticing less morning boners and even porn doesnt seem that interesting anymore. Looks like my libido just went off for some reason and I started to wonder about the porn effects on me.

Im seeing a really nice and hot guy, but everytime we hook up, I have a middle-hardon for some minutes then it goes straight off... We hooked up in the car the other day and I couldnt have a hard on, while he was totally up! It felt kind of embarrassing cuz I dont want him to think I dont find him attractive or something. I started reading about ED and stuff like that and found this thread. I just bought some Tribulus Terrestris and Im going back to the gym to do some exercises since I read that ED can be caused by not doing physical activities. Im totally getting off porn too! Lets hope it works....
if you are masturbating and watching porn, while having sex. it will definitely cause ed. definitely lay of the porn and mb for a while. have your partner stimulate you to erection, such as HANDjawb, **,,,etc. Use lube,water,soap,etc because you will only irritate the skin if you do it raw. how long have you been fapping/porn.
if you read the eariler posts, viagra, and cialis might help, but you shouldnt be dependant on them. You should stop watching porn and stop masturbating, until you are able to have erections again. stopping can be hard, because you were go into a withdrawal phase, where you suffer the effects, of lack of porn.
hello
i wanted to ask about over masturbation recovery ,i'm a 26 years old male and i have been mastubating since my 15 years for a daily rate of 3 to 5 times ,in these years i have been whith a girl and i coudn't get an erection totally, other then the testiculare's pain ,the hair loss ,etc...,but still when i'm masturbating i can get an erection ,it's not as quit as it use to be ,neither the same feeling ,nor the same sex's size,still...
so ,my question is could the over masturbation effects reversed? does stopping masturbation be enough in this case? and does the recovery be full? and how much time it will take?
and i'm grateful for all you're answers,
thanks

hello
thanks
hello
thanks
Unfortunately, I do not have a pool of lays I can dip into when I want. :(

I've been "porning off" less frequently.  I knew just completely quitting it was unrealistic, and in many ways not something I'm 100% interested in, but I will stay the course and only do it no more than once or twice a week.  Maybe I'll start going entire weeks later, but I will definitely cut back for now.

As I said, my problem is not arousal with the real thing; it's just finishing, and a reduction in sensitivity.  I guess that's half the problem so many people have here really, so at least it's not as bad as it could be.  (Glass is half full I guess.)  Do you think I need to quit completely?
Not to make light of your problem, but at least when you're gay you can still have sex.  ONE of you can get it up.  Just found that interesting enough to mention.  Good luck with your problem -- really.
I know... but I just feel bad that I cant get an erection, feels like Im not enjoying the moment or something, and he's really hot! I just feel embarrassed... I didnt tell him the truth yet, I just kept playing it like it's my turn to play with him and stuff like that... I love having sex, but my **** seems like resting for a while :(
yes quitting completely is almost impossible, as the earliest post said, your neural pathways for porn/addiction has already been established and reinforced through repeated exposure, thats why its hard to stop. i was able to get an erection yesterday, however it seems that there is less sensitivity than before, i was able to make my self "pre-***" out, i was trying hands free ejac, but it was more difficult to do than i thought, so i used it to mb, while it was hard. i did it without porn though. I suspect my reduction in sensitivity and ed, may be as a result of constant irritation and scratching of my genitals. probably from beating off too much. when i beat off, it seems to sweat in that area alo.
i was able to get an erection just by tensing and flexing my muscles around my penis, and buttocks, i could only do this, if i had not done it in days. and of course you will have to have train your muscles to be able to dothis.
Totally quitting porn is difficult but not impossible avoiding exposure to some porn may be impossible. I have not willing viewed porn since I rebooted over 2 years ago.  Knowing the negative effect that porn had on my life keeps me away from it.  I tried to totally give up M but after my reboot I started doing it from time to time because I had no sexual outlet.

Its good to see the board come alive again it had become a ghost town.

We are stronger that porn!!!
the only thing that came out of porn, is that they make you hornier, and more apt for different position, im a virgin though. i think it is impossible to stop masturbation, since that is that is the only way to get an orgasm, and that is the natural thing. I think that peoples ed is based on excessive mb per day with porn, i read on post here, 3+ times a day with porn. i was fine with 2-3 days between porn/mb, but for some reason, recently ive been getting ed. I think it could be that, and my penis is rubbed raw from mb, now its itchy, and i scratched it alot, so now its all densensitzed in the area because of it. i was able to get erection even after, mb/porn years ago. but now i still do, but not as often.
I dont know if this helps, but i notice if you get an erection under circumstances without porn. such as fapping in the shower, where the water kind of acts as a lube, you mb longer, and your orgasm seems to be more intense in the shower, and you also ej more. i get the "shuddering" jerky movement feeling right after an orgasm. Im not entirely dead ed, i think i am partially ed, because 2 days ago, when i was doing some workouts i notice i was getting hard, although slightly densitized. I was able to maintain the erection, i was trying to ejac without jerking off(its possible), but all i got was lots of pre-*** oozing out. then i got to the point i wanted to masturbated and finished in the shower. before that i waited 3-4 days without porno/mb. one post said, it maybe impossible/or difficult to stop porn. i just want to do it in moderation. i get aroused when i touch or feel my abs, lol.right now on my 2nd day again.
i rarely did 2-3 times a day, but i found out that my orgasm wernt as intense, as if i waited a few days, and it also made it feel very bad. so i switched to 1 per day, and that was good for a while, but it ended being like 2-3 times a day, so i just switch 2-3 days, which is the ample time for your penis to recover from the "beating". and i was reading online that 2-3 days is the omptimal day for normal sperm to be released(morphology), and the longer the wait was just as bad as beating off multiple times a day.(this is for if you want to get a girl pregnant). all i wanted was intense orgams and feeling of satisfaction. the problem with porn/mb for people now, is that streaming allows you to view videos right after the other, and you skip right to the end, which i find myself doing often, and i would assume people do to, so you can view more "endings" and get a "higher" experience. i think this is one of the major reasons for contributing to the chronic ed problem. i think to treat(not cure) the ed problem is identify what triggers you to mb/porn, and which scenes or stimulations in the porn you jerk off too.now that i know my genital area get sweaty, therfore it gets itchy, i switched to mb near the tip, in order to cause less damage to the rest of my penis, but i do not want to do it so rough that it will densensitize it.
its day 43 of no MB or P but sadly on day 39 I had a wet dream and I woke up with *** everywhere....I was so mad. at myself Lol

I think on day30 I had a sex experience with a girl, and I noticed I was hard all throughout the foreplay and kissing and fingering her but whenever I felt like thinking in my head like OMG I'm I really hard,I started to feel like I was loosing my erection (so I want to think my ED is psychological) but there were no penetration that day cos she wouldn't let me which I kinda was happy about cos who knows maybe that's when my penis will go lame.

I say this because usually on other very rare occasions I never get hard before sex...I'm always sweaty and panicking and thus my penis would just swallow itself into my stomach.I also think its because this girl, I feel very comfortable with her, we have discussed lots of sex on the phone before plus I think we have emotions for the other.

but truth be told I still have fear in me that when it actually comes down to doing the main thing which is sex in its real form and tot of having to put a condom on and getting down,when I'm alone and think of this.I still sense fear in me and this could contribute to a possible ED when that situation presents itself.

em what else....yeah I still have a very shrinked up penis like the size of my smallest finger but it quadriples in size and length when am erect.like sometimes when am not in any mood at all,I feel like there's nothing down there.could my penis have shrunk due to years of masturbation?
where have you been?

your posts inspired me to go on this journey...I never knew PMO could give birth to ED...I never really knew what ED was even tho I had experienced it.I had prayed to God long before I saw this website ,to help me stop porn and masturbation but all to no avail as I found myself in its web again.

so your story and that of others on this page really made me quit after knowing what I had was ED and I can't imagine life with it.I never in my life tot I could quit MB or porn but on day 43 of no PMO haha I think its a question of how long I wanna go with this.

you should breeze in here more often please
you should stop or moderate to"rare" mb, not porn. if you are in a relationship with a real gf/bf. if your single  it might be different. although ed affects anyone who is addicted to it. i know that females to get desensitized in thier "clit" as well if they mb/porn, but those are rarer.
at 43 days, how are your erections?
My ED was pretty bad and I was in denial about the cause.  I've had times when I was with beautiful women and my penis pretty much had an "OUT OF ORDER" sign on it.  

I'm here in the shadows lol the board had gone dead for a while.
When I was in bad shape there were times that the skin on my penis was irritated for excessive MD.  It was also desensitized pretty bad.  

Once I stopped watching porn and assaulting myself the sensitivity returned and it started to function normally again.  I also no longer have that fear of having Zombie Penis where its the living dead.

These days if I'm with a woman and we are fooling around I get pretty decent wood and I'm 47 years old.
the board hasnt god dead, i revived a few weeks ago. i agree, my penis seems to be easily irritated, and now densitized due to the fapping, and scratching. it also cause me to itch elsewhere on the body. because everytime i fap, my area gets reallly sweaty and that creates considerable friction and irritation from my clothes. i find myself checking this board everyday, and i havnt gone through all the pages from the earliest to the latest, because the problem started for people, is when streaming porn became a reality, which made porn/mb readily available at any time anywhere, i had no idea you could stream porn on your mobile devices, phones ipads, and other touchpad devices. I would say this is only the beginning of a epidemic(we will probably see more problems in the future). As some girls complained on here that thier bf had no interest in all in sex, except porno videos. i usually dont mb/ watch porn at the same time, because it will make a mess, and some is home most of the time. Some of my family members are completely oblivous to what im doing,. there were a few close call of being caught but i managed to keep under wraps for 8 years. i always assumed that most people on here are in thier 20's-30's, rarely some 40's(no offence). my scrotum was so irritated and sweaty, i developed skin tags on the balls, so sometimes i had to pinch it off to remove it, and it bled alot. Im pretty sure this is caused by my mb and my humidty of the pants.
the reason i pointed out the mobile device becoming a future problem is that, i noticed in the porno(amatuers stuff,people used thier mobile devices) to mb or watch porno. I would imagine there is a large amount of people doing it now, and the ed would be accelerated by the extreme easy accessibility, because you can do it almost anywhere now. its a good thing i dont have one of these devices. when i said i do stretches or working out, it arouses me(at least for me), i start to get erections, not very strong ones, as i continue to flex my abs, i get a stronger erection but not a hard one. exercise can help with ed issues. Its really difficult to stop when porn is so readily available now
I understand no offense take at all about my age.  This problem is bigger than it appears to be and I am sure in the coming years it will become more mainstream.

There is a forum yourbrainrebalanced (search for it)  check it out its extremely active and you will see the wide spectrum of people who are affected by this problem.

Its mind blowing.
I can't say

but I noticed am hard over the slightest of thoughts in my head like listening to my gfs voicemail...chatting with her about nothing and I'm hard and I feel so confident I can have an erection for sex with her.

if you noticed I said HER but for just any random lady.I still feel depressed like I stare at a nice *** and I feel nothing but with my gf it will be a different story.

mine is psychological and I must be very comfortable with you to have any tot of an erection
it seems to be somewhat normal erections. Unless you are getting ed from porn/mb, i dont see how this would affect your recovery.  
defintely gonna stop scatching my genital area, because it seems everytime i arouse or stimulate that area it itches.
do you have rashes down there?...am beginning to itch too but its due to my use of rollon down there in order to stay fresh and dry.
About the itching....

You could have jock itch which I've had a few times and its itches like hell when you sweat.

I use Gold Bond Medicated powder to stay dry and it also soothes the itching.
I'm not completely sure but putting roll-on down there may not the best thing to do.

In this summer heat there are times when wearing a toga, kilt or tunic would provide a nice breeze down there.
lol OK

I have 2 questions tho:
1. I don't know if what I get in the mornings is morning wood or just me pressed. cos after I go ease myself (urinate) my penis just goes back to its normal state but other times I feel its not pee but just me hard but not so so hard.

2. when am not in any mood sexual at all, like walking in the hot sun ,my penis is so flaccid and seems dead. like I walk and don't even feel if anything is down there. my penis looks squeezed up, small and shrunk but when erect it can quadruple in size. sometimes I put on my pants and my penis area is flat like not even a nuts appearance can be seena
it seems to be as a result of the sweating, keeping it dry also has its problems as well. skin is naturally moist, with natural skin oils to prevent from drying out. dried skin is more prone to damage. this is one of the problems of our  porn/mb. i think urine getting in my genital area also contributes to the problem as well.
you wouldnt get hard if you are not aroused, or hot. also when i get really aroused, even if there is no erection pre-*** starts leaking, without any stimulation by my hands. so im not completely dead. i think the problem with everyone here is mb while watching porn(when the people in the orgasm, you start vigorously jerk). i just try to seperate the mb and porn sessions. i do that, as part of the recovery, im trying to wean off this kind of dependancy. i think if people can slowly seperate the porn session and the masturbation session it will help. like porn at 1 time of the day, and then mb later in the night or another day. I dont know how cold turkey works, but i find that people who tries to completely avoid it ends up watching it again. I think the only way people can avoid, if your constantly getting interrupted and not have time to watch or jerk off. I also jerk while in the shower or before the shower after porn/mb session, so it wouldnt be a mess in my pants.
do you mean rolling down, as in pulling back the foreskin? i never do that, only to clean it in the shower. if i put my penis straight down instead of straight up(which i did normally) it would get harder more easily.
#1 For me it can be one the other or a combination of the both lol.

As you get better the morning wood will return and you will have no doubt what is it.

#2 Don't worry about that does Darth Vader walk around with is light saber on all the time... NOPE.   As long as my penis comes alive when its time for battle I'm cool with it.  
i do get wood as soon as i sleep in my bed, however the erection is very desensitized thought, it gets hard but its very little sensation. Hopefully i can at least get do day 5 without porn/ or mb. if i can get that far i can go farther. its probably going to take several weeks to months to recover.
i dint see the post, you had a wet dream, means your already made significant recovery.  wet dream is when dint have a ejaculation at all.
You really have to take one day at a time each day you make it without PMO, you set your mind to making it another day.  

Once you get enough days under you belt it will become easier to make it to the next day then you will start counting weeks.

My initial goal was to make it 90 days, once I hit 90 days I went for 100 days, then another month.  Before I knew it I had racked up two years.

Once day at a time.
i was trying something, i unforntunately dint stop looking at porn(but it was just solo mb videos). However i did not touch myself and i get wood when i go to sleep, but it doesnt last long. And did no mb or orgasmed. however i was trying to do hands free(that was unsucessful, because of mb, and how recent i mb. I was able to not mb, while watching porn though. very hard to get away from. if i can seperate this dependancy i can do it. I know that cold turkey is good, but you will start to go into withdrawal, from what ive read the relapse is even worse than actually doing it regularly. people go into withdrawal, when they get this craving for porn/mb.  im a virgin and single, i want to lose the dependancy on porn by using non-hands stimulation. everytime i think about mbing i just go to this forum to document the exp and distract me from actually going to orgasm
does this happen to anyone, even if thier not erect they still get pre-*** oozing out when aroused?
hi

yes I had a wet dream that got me angry cos I felt I had disorganized my NO pmo process BUT even before the PMO excerise I started (when I didn't know I had ED) I used to have wet dreams but very very very rarely *once in a blue moon*...is it really a good sign now that am undergoing no PMO?

@your last question...I get precum just at the sight of her or while we're having a conversation ''weird right'' even without any erection'...I dunno if its normal for every guy but I do too
i dont know, its normal to have pre-*** when your very aroused. you get wet dreams if you dont fap for a while, your balls are trying to release excess"sperm" from the body. if you mb alot, you notice that you never get a wetdream. i think recovery can help, if you use your mind or your gf to stimulate you instead of fapping and pornos. I get aroused or slight erection when someone or i think about some sexual words. im finally past 3 days again, and on to the fourth, i did a little experiment, i couldnt stay away from porn, but i was able to control myself from masturbating(which i think is part of the problem). i tried to get an erection by gyrating(hands free), and i did get a slight erection, but it wasnt going anywhere it eventually went limp. this is more evident that ed is very present.
everyone had a wet dream even before they ever started masturbated. next time when you orgasm, you know your orgasm will be more intense and alot of fluid will come out. I also think my constriction of the pants is also helping me getting erect.
Eventhough, i will eventually avoid porn, but just thinking about getting erections without fapping i think that will help the recovery process. i guess 2-3 times every 48 hours is was not  helpful
i noticed you made a post 2 years, ago about how people need more extreme porn to get the "fix". this is alot like drug abuser. i find myself watching hetero porn between the usual actors "brazzers", the other reason why i stopped with certain porn is because the same "actors are in every scene or ever other scene, so it got boring. but lately i feel like they are just faking it too much. so i went asian, latino, etc. and went to amateur. but eventually they dint interest me as much, because i was in . i mb when 1 of them "ejaculates, orgasms. i find myself skipping to end alot on the videos, so i actually missed the whole point of climaxing. i feel like if i need to porn/mb, i will visit this site and post the experience, to prevent me from mb. I think mb is one of the major factors of the ed, as its the orgasm that releases the massive dose of dopamine, nitrous oxides during it.
lol you don't seem to be doing very good on the reboot process...your commitment level to me is not powerful.

I don't know why it was so easy for me to just quit everything now ''I have even lost count what day I'm in but I think day 40something''...I was never really a heavy MBer ,just 1aday, 2 times a week and maybe 8-10times a month.I was into porn(I could stay overnight surfing on porn sites).

you just have to stop everything...find good social use of the internet, go out more, try to stay busy always, at nights put on a movie and try sleep off while watching it.totally get your mind busy and distracted from PMO .its burning and almost impossible but its possible

Goodluck
im trying to get away from the porn, yes im weaning myself off it. as i stated i did no mb, whilw watching porn. ive already become less interested in it already
All you guys. just leave watching porn and stop doing any sex chat etc, Nut shell stop overstimulating your brain with sex activity ....else you will repent and will become impotent. Cut of your internet connection if you are not confident enough to leave it,internet connection you can take back anytime but health wll not come back :(

if you are facing ED issues already due to these bad habits,take ayurvedic treatment to correct it ASAP.

wot....no sex chats even with my gf?

well its my day 50 exactly today of no PMO but I wetdream'd on day 40.

I do sexchats with my gf cos its the only way I get to make her feel aroused while she's away.

last time she was around like 2wks ago .we kissed and touched and did everything except she didn't allow me penetrate and surprisingly I was 80% hard the whole time.

the only time the ''sexchats'' had effects on me during my no pmo process, I noticed every time I was pressed or wanted to take a dump, i'll have like-*** coming out of me penis (not the white shiny pre-*** but this looked like real *** in small drops) not until day 40 when I had a wet dream, it then stopped...plus I haven't sexchatted a while now with her.
wot....no sex chats even with my gf?

had two MW inbetween 5days...at least noticeable ones, the other ones seems like I was just pressed. this last one tho was 70_80% and I had to force me self to pee, I wasn't cold or anything and its still there even as I type and take my mind off it.

its day 52 of no PMO.
No sex chat my mean you write sexy thing to her ....but donot stimulate your brain while writing it......i mean  do whatever if you can hold your brain from being stimulated sexually.....by stimulating you are actually depeleting neurotrasmitter like dompamine and serotonin which are feel good chemicals required for sexual arousal.....if you depelete them after some threshold , you will go in to sexual exhaustion state,and its not easy to breakout of that state,may lead to  impotence

precum is normal but if its happening too early ...it shows initial signs of sexual weakness......your parasympethetic nervous system is weak ....
actually it involves endorphines, when your getting an orgasm, its what your brain is addicted to. when you have sex these hormones is the strongest. when you orgasm you get a "euphoric high", analogous to someone with drug highs. neurotransmitters are involved, but these hormones have the biggest affect during "stimulation, addiction, and sex". i realized that go here and posting actually makes me think about sex more.
i dont know where you are getting this evidence about sexual weakness from, it seems to be mumbo jumbo, no offense. I think there are many ways of recovery not just cold turkey. if you can get an erection from stimulation other than mb/porn, of your junk it will recover much more easily. the point is to get hard when your ready, is it not. i found out that i can get an erection other than just fapping, and it was also a harder erection though not long lasting due to the ed. i would assume your partner hetero/or other will help you stimulate the penis to erection. stopping completely is helpful, but for some people it doesnt seem to help thier erections, because thier 2-3 times a day routine.
@compaq, i suggest you know use your gf to stimulate you instead, because that is the real thing. if you have a partner that was to have sex, is a good time to quit. however, for some people that dont, quitting porn and limited mb is an option. once you have started mb in your life, its almost hard to stop, its ok if you dont do it so often. havnt you notice when you watch porn the people who needs to fap, to orgasm
seems like you have not suffered much.....thats why you are saying that my knowledge is mumbo jumbo ....i have experienced it to its extreme...and i know what exactly happens....

You have not come to the point when this weakness will constrict the arteries which takes blood to the genitals...that is the extreme part of sexual exhaustion.......due to lack of blood supply to testicles...the Lydig cells responsible for producing testosterone dies and that is the end, no more treatment possible then.your testicles will shrink and dead like a stone.

so beware that you guys donot reach to that stage and try to recover beforehand......keep the blood flowing to the testicles till your brain recovers from this exhaustion of serotonin and dopamine etc...and your brain wiring called neuroplasticity becomes positive.....

donot hesitate to take herbal or ayurvedic help to recover if you think your are not recovering well by itself .....donot repeat the mistake i made for not taking this help in time.
yes my ed is not extreme, as i am still able to get erection even after mb, when i go to bed. As i realize years ago, that fapping 2-3 times a day was rare, and i switched to fapping almost once a day everyday, it made my orgasms weaker. But then i settled for every 1.5-2days, and that helped, until now. the people who fapped 2-3 times a day, everyday needs alot longer time. The brain also produces small amounts of testosterone. However, its also the hormones and neurotransmitter levels that are produced during and after an orgasm. the hormones have the strongest effect on addiction. you notice that before you had ed, your orgasms were great, and a sense calmness after the orgasm. now its like desensitized to touch. i understand the brain during orgasm, there are people who are addicted to sex as well, but this is different matter. not only porn/mb makes you tolerate high levels of neurotransmitters, but it is also addicted to the endorphins, during orgasm. oxytocin, nitrous oxide,. this should be treated like a drug addiction, if there isnt rehab center for porn/mb,  there should be. it ruins lives like drugs, though not to the physical and mental exteeme of drugs.
Addiction is also due to lack of neurotransmitter called serotonin once serotonin level brought back to normal  in brain you will not feel addicted to sex or porn,thats why  urologist or andrologists gives antideprresent SSRI when you go to them for  ED as this is the max they can do in this regard. It happened to me i thought its psychological but i was wrong its purely chemical and physical and there is very little psychological in human body....what we and our doctors donot know and cant do much about they make it  psychological issue.

I will suggest all of you to take specialised ayurvedic treatment to come out of it ASAP....day by day your are getting killed inside, as due to lack of neurotranmitter your brain start producing killling stess and inflammatory hormones and that kills brains neuronal  receptors sites then you will be permanently in depression.

This all has happened to me that y i know all this, wish i would have known it before or somebody could have told me all this.

what can i do when i get a really strong urge to watch porn and masturbate. some posted this breathing exercise a long time ago but i can't find it  
if you already fall in the trap of watching, dont start stroking your penis, because that will complete the vicious cycle. if you have the urge to mb, go watch something else on the internet, or do some exercises to keep your mind of it. find some excuse to do other stuff, washing dishes, cooking dinner, streaming random vids. Now that i broke my every 2 day porn/mb addiction. im able to control my erections better, though not as good because i still mb with and without porn and ed is still there, but it is longer in between session. if you do fall in the mb/porn, try to seperate these 2 situation. if you going watch porn one minute, go mb the next day. i dont know how extensive peoples ed is, but when i did watch porn a few days now, i try to get an erection just by using the muscles around the penis, and buttocks, it defintely stimulates you for sure. if have an urge to get an erection while watching porn, go to the bathroom, and do not use your hands, just use your muscles to get an erection. it will tell you the extent of your ed, for me i tried it , i got aroused and pre-***(but no orgasm, because that would require even greater stimulation) if you get partially erect and it goes limp very quickly, it means you are not recovered.

The doctors are not aware of the porn/mb ed epidemic, so they do not treat it as an addiction, just its your in your head. Theres very little studies on this, because people who watch porn, tend not to tell anyone.
as you have read previous post there is no easy way out, even people that goes cold turkey, when they relapse they go on a full porn/mb spree. Instead you should chart when you watch and or mb porn, for example, me i used to mb every 2 days, it used to be every 2 days. I realized that it added up to 3-4 mb and or porn sessions a week(sometimes i dont watch porn, i just go straight to mb, because i was so horny). this way you get the full extent of your problem on a weekly basis. IF YOU can mb once a week it will be helpful, however you will also need to seperate the porn/mb session. if you make porn a routine, even at every 2 days, your body becomes tolerant, so you wille ventalualy get ed.
it helps if you tell everyone how much your mb a day, and when.
best way to get out and have a walk ..as i told addiction to masturbation and porn  is due to lack  of serotonin so try  to increase  that...,  

donot keep  sexual urge in brain for too long either masturbate and release it or get it out of your brain by doing alternate activities....you kill your brain even if you think about sex ,ejaculation is only a part of this complex process...

So keep the brain clean and calm every time...you can masturbate once in 4-5 days no issues with that...an average person takes this much time to recharge the brain after masturbation.

Pranayam ( breathing excercises ) are good for  countering sexual urges .....start breathing outward with force for 1-2 min your brain will be calm.

Its the best cure for people suffering from premature ejaculation
day 62 of NO pmo

I feel nothing...totally flat but let's see what tomorrow holds
im finally on the 5th day, no mb, but sneaked in some porn, i was almost tempted to mb, instead i tried to get an erection just using the muscles in my body. it got partially erect but went flaccid, but i was able to do this numerous times. i do get strong erections when i am wear pants. just looking and reading at anyrthing that is sexual, anything that involves the genital makes me hard for some reason This is without any pics/or porn. the penis falls flaccid very quickly though. You not only need to retrain your brain, but also your penis on natural ways to get hard, i find out then when i am lying in my bed on my side with pants on it get a pretty easy, solid erection that doesnt go away, until a few minutes, or unless i sustain it by using my muscles. im curious how much did you mb/poirn a day. I know once you mb you will need to wait at least 5 days for your optiamal sperm/semen to return to normal, i would guess its the same for orgasm. I guess the amount of recovery time is directly proportional to your mb/porn.
for example if you fapped 1 once a day everyday for 100days. you will need about 200-500 days to recover.
oh just knowing of that calculation for the first time....''I really am not impressed at your REBOoT process, u keep relapsing ad I can see its 5days ,just 5days.

BTW I PMO 2 to 3 times a week and at most 8-10times a month.
RIght, I have read all 16 pages of this thread. I find it amazing that it was created 8 years ago and it's still going !

I would like to say a big thank you to Ghostdog for sharing his story with us and for coming back here regularly after all these years. He is the only one, as far as I can tell, who has done so.

I am 29 and have been M way too regularly since I was 11, and MPO since I was, I dunno, 13 ?

I too have had ED problems for the past 2 or 3 years, and after a little bit of research on the subject, ended up on this forum. It seems to me, from all I've read, that people who abstain from PMO for months tend to see positive results, overall. A minority, though, fail to retrieve their erections. But are they being honest with us and themselves when they say they've been off the PMO for 6 months or more ?

I haven't MO since the 6th or 7th of July, so that's 24 days. I have touched myself and watched a bit of porn once or twice since, though (including today, but I don't know if that counts as a relapse, since I didn't MPO ?).

In order to be as conservative as possible, let's just say today is my first day of no PMO.

My libido is way down right now, and I don't have a girlfriend so I can't really "test" myself. I do have a **** buddy though, that I see once a month or so.

Good luck to all those who are trying to stay off the PMO, stay strong ! and wish me luck too !
Also, I am a bit disappointed there are so few people who have gone a hundred days or more without PMO. Apart from Ghostdog and a handful of people (most of whom don't seem to post on here anymore) no-one seems to have had the willpower... or they became tired of this forum and stopped coming... which is a real shame...

Because, to be honest, I am not really interested in hearing about people who have made it through 20 days or so... what I'm interested in, is hearing from people who avoided PMO for hundreds of days, the different stages they went through, and most important of all whether it worked for them !
am getting to the 3figure days *currently at day 66 of full monk NO pmo, no peeping ,no orgasm (except for 2wetdreams on day 40 and 63 respectively) no M also.

in my case my first ED experience was my first sex attempt too and it was disaster, got me so embarrassed and scared I never wanted to try again, I lust total taste for women and even started liking guys and porn and masturbation instead. I never bothered to try again.

started this reboot on the 28th of may and so far two sex attempts that is getting me to believe there's nothing actually wrong with me (maybe that disastrous days was just one of those things cos I have been PMOing about 3years before then even tho am not a chronic PMOer)

I started this to quit porn and masturbation and for a guy that has been about 10yrs into PMOing ,I'd say am thrilled how easily it is for me to just quit everything).

PROGRESS: yes there's been massive progress...change in lifestyle, increasing attentiveness down there, looking healthy and fit and attracting ladies, the best part is my confidence level.
also there's been two sex attempts since I started reboot and I was erect the whole time BUT not that I penetrated NO but been erect the whole time of foreplay is new to me.

ive had issues with erections for some time now, i'd say 3 years, i started watching porn when i was 15 wasn't really sexually active with women and masturbated a good amount, probably every or every other day. A week ago i went to a Urologist thinking my test levels were low but everything came back above avg. Started researching and came across ED caused by to much porn.....what is the reboot? im on day 5 of no Porn, Masturbation or Orgasm. And dont have an urge since this is the thing that killed my sex life. What exactly happens? theres a girl im talking to thats familiar with all this because shes in the medical field and were really into each other. will no PMO for quite some time fix me where i dont have ED? thanks in advance
What age are you now armokidd ? There is no rule on how long you need to stay away from PMO. Time to recovery will depend on how much your brain has been affected by your addiction to porn. What I can tell you is that 5 days is nothing, and most people start seeing really positive results after 8-12 weeks. For some, it takes even longer than  that to be fully cured.

Basically the aim is not to go 8 weeks without PMO and then think "OK, I'm cured, I can go back to porn and masturbation now" but to give up the porn completely.

You will go through phases where you have zero libido, no feeling down there, no morning wood etc... these phases can last a LONG time. I mean like weeks or months even.

But everyone starts getting wet dreams, morning wood and spontaneous erections again at some point.

The best way to know if you're on the right path, or even cured, is to have sex with someone while you're rebooting. If you can keep it up and have a pleasant sexual encounter throughout, then you're definitely on the right track. If you still have ED, that perhaps means there is something physically wrong with you, but most likely it means you need more rest.
considering the people that last hundreds of days, are people over 30, and they often like to stroke thier egos a bit. m iddle age, people can get buy with occasional sex, but people as young as thier 20's need to have a constant stimulation of sorts.the reason why some people get no erection even after 100 of no p/mb is that they did it for at least more than a decade, and masterbate excessivlely, 2-5 times a day. all through those years, your brain and penis only get stimulated by the fapping and the orgasm your hand provides, it will shutdown all other forms of stimulation, including sex, because your brain knows that the thand is always and only stimulation, so it only concentrate on this. if there is no stimulation during your recover, other than porn/mb, it will be harder to recover. the point is to retrain your brain, such as through sex, letting your partner stimulate you, watching a hot/guy girl and getting aroused,,,etc.
Furthermore, i want to point at that people only blame porn as the sole cause, they are forgetting masturbating excessively will also cause the ED issue. Since masturbation is the key biochemical process in which you become addicted to porn. during an orgasm you will feel a euphoric highr, release of endorphins and neurotransmitter, your brain is addicted to this, however porn is the secondary problem as you will need higher and higher amounts of these neurotransmitter, and endorphins. you should treat this as a drug addiction, higher amount drug(porn/mb) higher plateu fix. i had to restart my no mb, i did not watch porn on the daiy of mb. starting on 3rd day again. im still capable of getting an erection, but it goes limp fast and its soft. however if i am lying down or on my side, my erections are much harder and i do get morning wood. your erections are sustained by pressure and blood flow in the area. so it make sense that mental disorders that is depressive will weaken your erections. currently unable to maintain erections when pants are off, only if they are on.
I'm 28 now....I mean I have morning wood and today had 2 erections during the day out of nowhere with no contact.....I'm a gym goer and have lost 45 lbs and fit, take vitamins and what not and believe giving up P & M will fix me in time, hopefully the lady I'm talking to and plan or getting together with is patient like she said she would be (she's in the medical field and understands what I'm going through,  thought it was low T but obviously isn't and I haven't told her this is the issue) but mentally a few days in I'm feeling happier and know I'll get back
I just jerked my floppy penis like 3 times today o yeaaa.  Hahaa can't believe this thread is still going on,  you guys are dorks, who cares what your penis is like.  I am mid 20s, have had "problems" with my penis getting hard for a couple years and I couldn't care less.  If you really see this and porn/masturbation as a problem,  just lock your penis in a cage and gtfo the internet problem solved.
Yeah sounds like you'll be fine. I mean you regularly have morning wood and are experiencing random erections during the day. I'm sure not many of us can say the same... Plus you exercise regularly, which is also super important. I bet you'll be back to normal very soon... just stay the course...
you do realize addiction is a mental disorder. the fact that your penis is floppy, means you probably have ed, and dont want to admit that you cant get it up without your hand. you almost mentioned excessive masturbation, which you again dont see a problem. Just wait til you actually want to have sex, you will be trying to use viagra/cialis. Its also funny the fact that you are commenting on this forum about people's porn/mb ED issuse. you are very much in denial.
@ SammyWinchester, gym-goers, find it easier to mb, because exercise increases blood flow and stimulation to the penis, and everywhere else. he has normal erections, but if he sees this as a problem now, its a good time to stop his porn/mb sessions. its not actually that easy to stop smoking, because the people who make cigs, are deliberately working against you to be thier permanent customers. I still get hard morning and night wood, only in the bed though. i do get random wood with my pants on, but they dont last long

I just read your post, and what you were saying describes me all most exactly.  I'm 35 and am struggling with ED too.  I've known for sometime that ED can be caused by porn, but I just kind of brushed it off.  Now, I'm certainly seeing  the results first hand.  Any ideas on what you plan on doing as you move forward to try and deal with this?  
I am guessing your post was directed at me ? You say you are seeing the results first hand... could you be a bit more explicit ? how long have you been off PMO and what results have you seen ?

What I plan on doing is focusing on other areas of my life, such as work, music, sport/exercise, friends/family, dating, and try to avoid moments where I'm bored, because it's when I'm bored that I start being tempted by porn and masturbation.
So I'm at day 5 and really don't care about pmo because I see it as the thing that's caused my issue and I told myself I would fix myself, in the process of no pmo does it mean me and the woman I'm dating can't fool around at all and have her stimulate me? Will that slow down the process or assist? Thanks sammywinchester
I'm by no means an expert... but my opinion is that fooling around with a partner while you're recovering is OK, since it's natural... if you can't perform, then it's a sign that you need more rest... You need to stay away from the visual stimulation of porn and stop the habit of touching yourself... the aim is to go back to a point where you're sexually excited by the sight of your girlfriend/wife again, and by her touch...

So, in conclusion, yes I think having sexual relations while you're recovering is OK... I think it might even help you recover quicker !
Well she's staying over in 2 weeks and we're going to try in the morning....started seeing each other 2 months back and she's been patient but told me she wants me in the worst way so I'll be on day 25 by then and might take a helper or 2 in the am so there aren't issues lol
When did I ever blame porn for ED??  I don't even look at much porn anymore mostly just pictures and not even porn pictures usually haha.  I said in my last post to YOU that it was because I wanked so much only using my hand for many years do you Not read???  So you really didn't notice anything, don't know why you made that up about the porn.  And why would I stop masturbating? I have no intention of doing that.  Now stop assuming and saying things I never said, otherwise just don't post at me anymore.  
So if you have no intention of stopping masturbation or at least reducing it, and you're perfectly happy with the habbit and are not interested in having sex, and therefore in keeping it up during sex, then why are you even here ?
To me, there is little doubt that there is a link between masturbating too much, watching too much porn and erectile dysfunction. I have stayed away from PMO for almost a month, and I am starting to get stronger erections more easily. I'll be honest, in that time I have watched a little porn on one or two occasions, and I have touched myself a little bit, but never to orgasm.

Yesterday and today I have had rock hard erections the likes of which I haven't had in years, just by touching myself. I haven't been with a girl yet, that'll be the real test.
Pretty nice discussion going on here.
I feel I have developed ED. I have been away from my wife for over 7 months, and been doing a lot of watching Porn and doing MB.
Recently when she visited, I did get the morning wood, but nothing else beyond it. It was kind of disappointment. I just could not figure out what was the reason. But reading on this forum, i can understand the problem of addiction. Today is my day 3 of no porn or MB.... will try to hold out as long as possible. I also ordered a medicinal herb called Ashwagandha. It is said to energize the body and help in restoration of strength. But it can only do so much, I feel this is more of a psychological and part physical problem.
Yeah i do remember when couple of years back i was regular to gym, and on heavy protein diet, I had nice time in bed with my girlfriend(now my wife). So I guess hitting the gym and changing the diet would help.  
That is great progress!!!

Work towards leaving the porn alone completely.

Good luck.
Hi vik and welcome to this forum. I think herbs can help a little bit, like maybe make you a bit harder when you're already hard, but if you have ED I'm afraid it won't be enough. The real difference for me has been not masturbating to orgasm for a month. My sensitivity has gone up and I get rock hard erections the likes of which I used to have when I was 12 years old lol

I really feel like I am getting my manhood back, my power, my mojo. I am finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel, I have reason to be positive again. There were times when I was seriously worried that maybe that was it for me, I'd had my fun in my teens and early twenties and I was now too old to hold an erection.

But no, unless you have a physical problem, there really is nothing to worry about. All you gotta do is stay away from porn and masturbating for a few months and your libido and erections will come back. But it's not easy to do when you're addicted to porn, you're so freaking horny all the time, and there is porn everywhere online...

I think if you have a healthy lifestyle, with a good diet, regular exercise, no smoking or drinking or other drugs, and you stay away from porn and masturbation, then you are bound to be fine, unless, again, you have a problem of a medical nature.

Peace.
For almost all types of problem( except medical one), few exercises can help to normalize sexual health. Google each word or phrase. Each exercise plays a different role in restoring normalcy
Sat kriya, male deer exercise, microcosmic orbit, kegel exercise, anal peripheral prostate massage, breath to orgasm/ slow and deep abdominal breathing,
Tips to make masturbation less harmful, Use lubricated hand, do not stop breathing during M, Try to keep you perineum relaxed,lye down face up not a prone position, massage your upper under thigh,Empty your bladder, ..
Some studies have shown that kegel exercises are useless at best and actually harmful at worst... I don't understand why everyone gets so excited about them... I'm really skeptical and not interested at all in doing them...

I don't do any of the stuff that you described, I just don't masturbate and don't watch porn... and the results are amazing... no need to complicate things with a million exercises and techniques... just don't masturbate to orgasm while watching porn... it's simple but few people have the willpower to resist from temptation, that's why so many people have ED problems...

I'll have to admit, I have "relapsed" a few times, for example today I watched a little porn and touched myself... but I didn't go all the way to orgasm... I don't even know whether that counts as a relapse ? my erections are still strong, I think it's the orgasm that kills your erections, possibly by releasing that chemical I forget the name of, that takes two weeks without orgasm to get rid of ?
kegels are useless if you have ed. because your pelvic muscles are designed to help stimulate the prostate and the penis, gives you harder erections, it doesnt work well on ed people. working out, going to gym helps with ed recovery, because your blood flow is increased, throughout the body, including the genital area. depression,anxiety,excessibe p/MB defintely contributes to it.its better to understand why you have this addiction, and not try to fix it right away, because relapse is very easy to come by. i was doing some research on porn on mobile device, and it appears that is worst, because mobile devices are unlikely to be infected with viruses, so you can watch all the porn you want easily without worrying about getting infected, as opposed to a desktop and a laptop. I completely stopped watching porn but i am still mb, but i have not done it longer than 2 times a day now. i also noticed that this post was not the only one with the ed issues as well
kegels are useless if you have ed. because your pelvic muscles are designed to help stimulate the prostate and the penis, gives you harder erections, it doesnt work well on ed people. working out, going to gym helps with ed recovery, because your blood flow is increased, throughout the body, including the genital area. depression,anxiety,excessibe p/MB defintely contributes to it.its better to understand why you have this addiction, and not try to fix it right away, because relapse is very easy to come by. i was doing some research on porn on mobile device, and it appears that is worst, because mobile devices are unlikely to be infected with viruses, so you can watch all the porn you want easily without worrying about getting infected, as opposed to a desktop and a laptop. I completely stopped watching porn but i am still mb, but i have not done it longer than 2 times a day now. i also noticed that this post was not the only one with the ed issues as well. i stopped primarly because i was beating it enough, to cause irritation,itchyness, and now i have skin tags, because of all the sweating down there.
I had a date last night, and we stayed out late, so there were no subways running. I was far away from my place, so the girl invited me over to her place. There was only one bed in her flat, it was a double bed. So we slept in the same bed and nothing happened ! Can you believe that ? lol not even a cuddle.

It was late, she was very tired and she had to get up very early the following morning to go to work, so I didn't want to keep her awake, and also didn't want her to think that just because she did me a favour by making me avoid paying for a taxi, I could take advantage of the situation.

Anyway, all this to say that I had a great opportunity to have sex, perhaps she even wanted it and is now pissed off that I didn't touch her lol

So I still haven't been able to test my erections and libido with a girl, but I could feel that I would've been ready if we'd had sex, as I could feel my penis hardening despite hardly any stimulation. And I haven't had an orgasm in over a month now.

I think I'll invite her over for dinner at my place on a day when we have more time, so that we can fool around.
Come to think of it, I think I was a bit silly not to try it on with her. I mean, she invited a guy she just met to stay at her place, and sleep in her bed. That has to mean she was psychologically prepared for sex, and perhaps that she even wanted it badly right ? It's strange that while we were at her place she didn't initiate anything though...
Learning and practicing kegel is beneficial. you can kegel while doing intercourse.This gives vertical movement causing different sensation to a female partner. And if the woman does kegel, man gets extra pressure on his penis, giving more pleasure. Both can do kegel alternatively to create different sensations. Kegel has important place for strengthening PC muscles.This can be used as a tool to enhance the pleasure in sexual activity.
Usually blood circulation in groin area is poor. So any exercise, for groin area is good for sexual health.  Searching exercise for groin area will pay better results than any medication for enhancing sexual ability.
it wouldve been a right time to make a move, but you should do it with subtetly, as not to see as a creep or pervert. flirt with her some more. and i dont undersntad why the above post is spamming kegel exercises
Yeah, the more he posts about them, the more I am skeptical.
Dalubaba,
with utmost respect , you are correct that excercise for groin blood circulation will help .. but what is root cause for poor blood circulation ???

thats is the weakness in the brain ..........so you need to target the root cause and correct it............tell me if i am wrong here............

due to lack of neurotramitters dopamine,serotnin oxytocin and Nitric oxide........ arteries taking blood to genitals are constricted or say not dilated enough ...that is the real cause for poor blood circulation .....so do excercises but parallely try to build up brain chemicals as soon as possible ..............

its brain which controls everything ........................
I've been watching a lot of porn lately and touching myself, but never to orgasm... I hope that doesn't count as a real relapse and I don't have to bring my tracker back down to 0 :(
Only a quick post as I have not had time to write my weekly experience but I am cured, once I stopped with the dirty pics , I can now *** up my gf which I have not been able to do with a women in 7 years with me on top

NO PORN WORKS and VERY LIMITED WANKING it just takes time, at times I thought my gf would dump me but I told her I was nervous as I liked her a lot and wanted to take it slow and not try and mistake anything for lust , don't worry if a women wont stick around just means she is not right for you
You're right, if the other person doesn't give you a chance to show them that you are worth it, then they're not meant for you, and there's no point in fighting to get them back... just let them go, and put yourself out there to meet someone else...
Search benefits of exercises, and you will find that it helps brain to generate nutrients required.Because of long sitting and other habits like withholding urination or suppressing bowl movement,some nerves or muscles, or veins and arteries are affected causing some anomaly physiologically. Even wrong potty training in our child hood can interfere with our body mechanism.If medical cause is known for poor blood circulation, treatments are available. Any way one can use exercises as an adjunct therapy.It is true, if we can find a root cause for any problem, and if you can treat the root cause, it is always preferable. However, when you go to doctor, who says you are normal and steel you have the problem, then exercise can help us.So we treat our self from all angles.
UNFORTUNATELY it does, but not doing to orgasm, means your doing some progress, at least you have some countrol, stopping porn is the easy part, but its the fapping thats hard. mb, but i dint watch porn at all, i had no real interest.
I had sex on Monday evening. I didn't have too much difficulty in getting hard, although with the condom on it was a bit difficult to keep it... and I came really quickly once I was inside her... she was a bit disappointed... there was a lot of foreplay though, which might explain why I didn't last long once inside her... I hope that's why and that I'm not gonna start having premature ejaculation problems once I get over my erection problems !
i would say premature ejaculation can be solved with sustained masturbation, because it allows you to control when you want to orgasm, but with ED issues, its better to stay abstinance for a while.you should have both tested for std's, if you are free in clear, you can do it without condoms, but when your about to orgasm, you can come on her body instead of inside her?
try libido max you can get at just about any pharmacy. its all natural
the main herb is horny goat weed. it does wonder for an erection if taken before sex.
I slept with two different girls in a week ! to think that I lost my virginity at the age of 28 (I'm 29 now) and that I've ****** about 15 girls in just over a year... it's amazing how much my view of women, love and relationships has changed... I used to be really romantic, idealistic, and I used to put women on a pedestal.

Perhaps that's why I have erection problems, when I was younger I used to masturbate to porn regularly and I never had a girlfriend or even a sex friend... so I became used to my right hand... and for years I thought sex was gonna be this amazing thing.... so when I finally had it, I was probably disappointed, and no longer as excited by the prospect of having it...

Anyway, I had sex again on Saturday night, and I had no trouble having an erection, however I wasn't able to maintain it after I pulled out to try to change positions... is it a bad idea to try to switch positions in the middle of sex, when you have a condom on ?

To be honest though, I wasn't very attracted to the girl, plus she didn't smell too good, had bad breath, AND she had just started her period and wasn't aware of it, so when I pulled out to change positions, I saw the blood on my penis on the condom) and that possibly also put me off... so anyway I wasn't able to give her an orgasm, nor have one myself, she was embarrassed and went to have a shower, and after that we didn't have sex again... so you can imagine how frustrated I am !
so im on day 28, morning wood is now starting to come and go, i wont get a hard on by touching it but get random erections here and there. Earlier in the day while i was in the bathroom and a bit of semen came out of nowhere, any idea as to why this is? 28 days of no PMO and i feel just fine, im an avid lifter, changed my eating ways and feel better but how long will this process take to where ill get erections by touch, ie when will i get better haha.
you should tell the difference between semen and precum, semen is usually colored white to yellow. pre-*** is a clear liquid. the fact that you get random erections, throughout the day, means your recovering,+morning wood. if you dont masturbate for a while, you will get wet dreams.
it was white and not clear, i have no intentions of ever P and M ever again, this nonsense cause me to lose the girl I had been dating for 3 months that I was really into and i must simply fix myself, is this something that will take months? a year? when will i be erect by just touch....i can touch it in the shower and nothing.
It depends... everyone is different... and everyone has a different degree of addiction... but on average I'd say it takes a few months...
Well after losing the girl i was with for 3 months cause of this issue my minds wired, I've lost weight eating clean and now in tremendous shape and a few months to get back to normal is no big deal. That's what fuels me, losing the girl i cared so much for over something as stupid as sex and not having a bit of patience with me for it, whats worse was she didn't talk to me, she just went quiet out of nowhere a week before leaving for a day day vacation(this was 2 weeks ago and shes on vaca now) deleted her number because i know shes will reach out when she gets back and realize she messed up after how great i was to her. End venting rant hah.
day 93
personal issues asides, its better to distract yourself from sex, as this will moake your ed harder to control. continue to work out.
Hey compaq, could you tell us how you are doing and how much progress you have made in those 93 days ?
im still guilty for mbing, relapsing. however i completely stop watching porn for more than a week, i know this cant compare to be who stop doing both for months. but im not get erections, spontaneously. guess needs more time. because the body is so used to erection during porn.
the progress is different for everyone, if you been doing this for more than a few years it will take a long time to recover, because your penis is only used to stimulation by hand and porn.
I felt I had to post something today, because in the last couple of days something quite remarkable happened.

Yesterday morning, I was in the subway, and I had an erection while I was sitting down. I hadn't had one in a public place in a very long time. I felt like an embarrassed teenager, especially when I had to get off the train... if someone was looking at me after I stood up, surely they must have seen it. I put one hand in my pocket and tried to put my penis in a different position so people wouldn't see the bump, but I couldn't and I must have looked like a fool lol

This morning, I had morning wood (first time in ages). This wasn't just an erect penis - It was a freaking baseball bat. I was so hard I couldn't believe it. I haven't had an erection like this since I was a teenager (I'm 29).

Guys, staying away from the porn/masturbation to orgasm combination DOES work. I had my doubts in the beginning, but now I don't. I'll be honest, there were a few times when I was weak and looked at a bit of porn, and touched myself, I even edged a little, but NEVER went all the way to orgasm. This may have slowed my progress down, but I don't think it brought me back to scratch, otherwise I wouldn't be seeing these really encouraging signs.

Haven't had any wet dreams though, despite not masturbating to orgasm in the past 2 months... I'm looking forward to getting one of those !
good news on recovering, It seems to take a while for people's erection to come back, anxiety and depression will make you flaccid. edging is very bad for you if you have ED issues, as edging prevents you from orgasm, and makes erect as long as possible with stimulation. for people that dont have ed issues, edging maybe useful for sustained sexual encounters.
Hi guys,
just thought I drop in a few words... I have last posted in April when I discovered my boyfriend's addiction.... It has been a long and painful recovery process since...for both of us. But I have a good news for you all! It is absolutely possible to recover and leave porn behind! I am glad to say that after about a month and a half my boyfriend had his first orgasm during penetrative sex(after months of having sex without climax for him) and he has kept a perfect score since! :) His erections are much stronger now, to a point when he has to wait a few minutes before he can pee after sex! And it feels amazing! He gets his release, my confidence is much better because I can see how much he is attracted to me and the fact that he climaxes with me now brought us together! We are the strongest as a couple we have ever been. I really wish for each one of you to find a girl that will help you through all of your troubles and that she will be so special to you that you will want to share this amazing thing with her and not with porn&your hand... We are still not quite there as I get suspicious a lot but I am trying to trust him (as our problem was a lot about betraying my trust). After all, I am not perfect myself and he is absolutely great person.... as im sure its every one of you! You deserve better, you can do this and have a normal life! So yeah, just wanted to give you a little positive story and if it will help 1 person on here, then I am happy...
Good luck x
Your positive story will help many sufferers to solve their problem. To day I stumbled on a website on mediation.It has given some techniques before you do the meditation. It is coffee enema  and coffee implant. This helps to gether and enhance energy in groin area.It is altogather a new idea.Any one interested in trying an odd idea may visit the following website.
http://drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/COFFEE-VAGINAL.htm
Hope this helps someone.
I am not finding it difficult to stay away from masturbation to orgasm, and I haven't done it in almost 3 months... but I AM finding it difficult to stay away from viewing porn :(
porn is the trigger point for the addiction cycle, but masturbation to orgasm will reinforce the addictive behavoir. you can still be addicted to porn, and masturbate. for me i havnt watched porn in a few weeks, but i still mb on regular bases 4 or more days in between session, still a long way to go. through my own deduction the itchy ness that was around my genital area, appeared to be allergy related, of course urine,sweat masturbation made it worst. the fact that my penis, or genital gets intensely itchy(forces me to scratch sometimes), causing the penis to be numb or flaccid, so this will defintely slow down my recovery for sure.
you guys are lucky to be young enough to get through this. Consider me. I am 60 albeit a very young 60 and have had problems for years. It started about 20 years ago with my then wife. After seeing all the talk on porn and masturbation I have only now realised where things went wrong. It was during a period when my 1st son was born and there was no sex going on. Coincidentaly we got our first internet connection at that time and that was the begining of my problems. I felt horny so the mild porn was useful. I would print out pictures of gorgeous naked women. Then wait for an oportunity to jerk off. Ok for a few years then I was finding more kinky stuff which I could also take to the bedroom. Alas my curiosity produced more and more kinky stuff which I found better kept private. About 6 years later I was addicted and led a separate life but continued to be a good husband. It was a way of killing my horny feelings. Our sex life became totally boring to me. I also found it hard to get erect at times. I didnt see the writing on the wall and would just say it was tiredness. I fell out of love with her and started to sleep in a separate room. Eventually the marriage ended and very quickly I met another woman. Ends up she had problems with sex too. But I was well hooked on porn anyway and it suited me to have a good looking woman for company. I was in denial. I only see it now. Then I met a very understanding woman who has been trying to help me with the lack of erections for two years. What she doesnt realise is my addiction. Meanwhile I have started to become soft even when masturbating. And I seem to be running out of kinky stuff to turn me on. Its really sad and has made me miserable for years.    But having found this forum is the best thing for me. I didnt realise so many others suffer from ED. I feel that it is a harmful path of destruction when a guy starts watching porn. I am stopping as of today and hope things become normal. The other downside is that the frustration produces an anger and disrespect for woman after many years of watching porn. By looking for a bigger hit each day it leads to things like "Maledom" which in my opinion is a way of blaming and punishing women for our downfall. Thanks all of you.
i have not solve my problem, yet of erections, however i completely stopped watching porn a few weeks ago, and it also made me not masturbate that often anymore, but i still do it, trying to abstain longer. but when i do the orgasms and *** was more powerful,albiet slightly, because its not overstimulated like porn. At 60, you might want to do a doctor checkup just in case, because certain conditions can cause ed as well. what you describe is ed induced by escalating more "graphic" or violent porn just to get a fix, you need a stronger dose in order to feel high. trust me people this young are having a hard time alleviating thier issue, and getting ed this young is not a good thing. People with ed tends to go soft when fapping, especially if do it excessively. seeing Old people with ed issues, is a rare thing, because they tend to hide it, because of social stigma, the only time you see a "problem" is the erection pill commercials on tv.
Thanks for your post. yes, well two days after my post I went to a mens clinic and was thoroughly checked. The specialist was very good and said to stop smoking. I explained all my history except I didn't mention the porn as he wasn't  interested in my past really. He said we are here now and you have problems. He went through medical history, last good sex, fitness state, etc. Then he said he wanted to give a penile injection to see what happens, it would relax tissues down there and allow full.
sorry had glitch...the injection would allow erection. I am terrified of needles but let him do it. It only hurt a bit and the result confirmed my problems were small I lay there with the first full erection is months possibly longer. He discovered I had subnormal sensitivity at first and within ten minutes I had almost normal sensitivity. I touched and rubbed it and it felt so good. He left me to it for 10 more minutes and told me not to ejaculate. He then rechecked the area and decided I needed to self inject twice a week and have regular sex for 6 months then the regular blood-flow would allow me to become more sensitive naturally. In other words normal exercise of the penis would make it stronger. Because of my lack of normal sex, I was not producing the right chemical to relax the tissues but it would come back. Expensive (like everything else here in Ireland) but worth a try.

I have since noticed more sensitivity and last night woke after a dream of my girlfriend and I had massive wood. Same when I got up this morning.Put simply, it confirms what we are all saying here. Have normal  sex or if needs be, do the fapping without porn. I've been off it nearly a week and when I feel the urge, I remind myself that I don't do it any more. This doctor knows his stuff and deals with this a lot. Wish I had done this years ago when I first started to notice poor erections at times. Next week I hope to start the course. Hope I'm brave enough.
Interesting post, cbut. I'm Irish too by the way (well, half Irish).

I think that the combination of watching porn and fapping, plus no sex, is a deadly one that kills your erections. That's what happened to me. I mean, between the ages of, say, 14 and 28, I watched a lot of porn, masturbated and had no sex at all. So when I had sex for the first time at the age of 28, my performance was below par to say the least and I struggled to keep an erection.

I met a girl recently and we had sex for the first time on Thursday night. We had sex about 4-5 times, and I came three times. The times I didn't come, it was because I lost my erection in the middle and had to stop, partly due to wearing a condom I think.

The first time I came really quickly and I was a bit embarrassed but I told the girl I hadn't had sex in months and so that's why I was so sensitive. I told her it would get better, and it was true, because the second time we did it, we both came at exactly the same time, which is a pretty rare occurrence if I'm not mistaken.  

So, even though I did struggle at times, overall it was very enjoyable, I was able to make her come, which I'm delighted with. I'm sure the next time, if she accepts to see me again, will be even better. I'm convinced that the improvements I am seeing are due to watching a lot less porn and not masturbating. If I manage to get myself in a "routine" where I am no longer watching porn, fapping, and where I'm having regular sex, I'm sure I am going to get better. And so is anyone who does the same.  
Great that your back on track SammyW. 5 times !! you lucky guy.  I'd be delighted with 1 time !!  Yes the porn is a killer. My relationship is dodgy right now but I discussed it yesterday and she's up for trying again. I think psycologically I need the injections to kick start me then hopefully it will be a case of me approaching her instead of the other way round. However I didn't mention the porn. Think that would be even more traumatic for her. If it comes up in conversation I will tell her as much of the story as is comfortable.

Anyway good luck and thanks for your thoughts. It helps all us guys to realise we aren't alone.
porn/masturbation and not having sex can make it "hard to have a sexual relationship with a significant other, because your not experienced. Eventhough i havnt stop mbing, i stop porn completely, i notice the mb session was more intense and so was the orgasm, i get morning wood on random days, i get the urge to mb, but not watch porn.
Doing mb or intercourse more number of time does not result in more enjoyment.If the orgasm is full body orgasm, one does not need more than one session.Focus should be on quality of intercourse or quality of masturbation.If each activity if intercourse or masturbation is of top quality, one can achieve full body orgasm and will not require further sexual activity.
I had sex again last Friday, with the same girl, and it wasn't quite as good as the previous time. This time I didn't make her come, and I struggled to keep my erections, and when I got hard, I didn't last very long... I haven't mastubated in almost 3 months, however I have been watching a little porn... I'm guessing that's probably I'm not making a full recovery.

I'm a bit worried because I very rarely, if ever, have morning wood these days. Surely that's not normal ? And I had one wet dream a few months ago I think.

I guess I need to stop going back to porn, but it's so hard. Sometimes I just watch it to discover new moves, new positions... or to watch a scenario I've never seen before...
oops, forgot a word in my last post... *I'm guessing that's probably WHY...
I'm pretty sure that nobody has a perfect sex life all the time. I wouldn't be worried about a lesser performance compared to the last time. We all have ups and downs with life and it affects our bodies, especially a physical function like sex which depends on good comms between big brain and little brain !! I know that there's poor sex when I'm stressed out or too drunk.

After almost three weeks no mb I gave in last night and used porn. I felt guilty and dissapointed but I felt the need to release stress. I had been talking to my girl to progress towards rebooting our romance and felt the urge when I got home. This morning I postponed my treatment for a few weeks so we both can rebuild our relationship. She is a very understanding person who will help me get up and running.

I am just wondering if you can talk openly to your GF.  We stopped talking and things got worse. Sex became a chore and died. Work stress caused the change. I didn't do anything about it and here we are having to talk very openly to rescue the relationship. I havn't mentioned the porn and probably wont. Women are very sensitive and like to hear the 'Talk'. Different if its a one night thing coz its just pure lust and release and goodbye.

I hope you go in relaxed next time and all goes well. But what the hell its not life and death. Our f******g brains can be frustrating at times and we need to slap the little voices away.  Good luck.

Thanks for your words of reassurance. What's frustrating re my sexual "performance" is that I sometimes have trouble keeping it up and when I do, I don't last long... so it's kind of doubly frustrating for me.

But I'm sure that if I completely stay away from any form of porn for several months (which is oh so hard to do) I will heal.

It's what you need to do too... you need to recognize that you have a mild form of addiction to watching porn. You need to get rid of your stress through exercise, and not through porn and mb. That way, not only will you get rid of the stress, but you will get the blood flowing and improve your heart's efficiency, and stay in shape, which will place you in a virtuous cycle.
hey boy even I'm gay and the best thing is watching gay porn(twink) its very hot and whenever me and my boyfriend walk into the sauna we always get boners by seeing each other naked. though his penis is longer. and everybody gets boners while hooking up especially in a public places. you should try orgys they are amazing and ur erection will last for longer as u have more dicks to suck and more ***** to ****. I guess u should start with bjs and then sleep with him it will feel better. Have a good gaysex life.
i already mentioned that since i stop watching porn weeks ago, though i have not stopped mb, i noticed the experience of mbing and orgams were much more intense, then ever before, possibly when i start mbing for the first few times. it was unlike those of just beating it to porn. i do get random erections of morning wood and during the day, reading about sexaul things also gets me hard. i have school to thank for the recovery process, because it helps keep busy away from porn
Hey Guys,

I use to come on here and seek advice while I was going through a horrid porn addiction. I posted last winter the depths to where my addiction took me. I posted it as a warning to those guys out there who are going through porn addiction. I never got the help I needed and it took me to the brink of death. I am fully recovered but it took me really either having to kill myself or live life the way it was intended to live. The only advice I can give is this. If you can not quit on your own, seek outside help. Seek it online, though a calling help center, a therapist. Porn addiction and masturbation can and will ruin your life if you don't get a hold of it. It ruined mine. Because of it I became homeless, lost a beautiful wife, ended up maybe 10-15 minutes from killing myself. The following  will be broken up in four parts. God bless guys.
I am a 39 year old male who struggled with porn addiction/online stimulation and the horrid effects that it comes with it since 2004. The past 10 years of my use of porn for pleasure and escape gradually grew stronger and stronger each each year; along the way I lost my inability to have sex and intimacy, developed a low self-esteem and outlook for myself, ruined a marriage. This all culminated to late last year with me sitting in my car homeless and trying to find the courage to walk into Wal-Mart and buy certain car care product that I would use to commit suicide.

Prior to 2004 I was a very normal, shy, motivated individual who really just desired to find a girlfriend and the intimacy that comes with it. I had watched porn in my formative years; mostly by taking videos home from a mom and pop video I worked at for a couple of months and where I had a friend who worked there for a good amount of time.  But that was the extent of it. Sexually I was a very late bloomer, maybe not a bloomer at all. I did not lose my virginity until 1999 when I was 25; between losing my virginity in 1999 and 2004, I had 2 other sexual partners. They were ok experiences, nothing great by any means. Sex was not a priority with me. I just viewed it as something that comes with time. A tremendous part of my reluctance for sexuality I believe had to do with a couple of variables. The first being was the sexual abuse I suffered from a family member when I was 11 or 12 years old. I endured the most horrid type of abuse, I don't think I need to go into detail. Like most victims of that age, I never told anybody. I just kept it inside of me. And when I was old enough to fully understand what I had endured, you just have to live with it. Because if you were to tell your parents what this person had done to you. The hell and family torment would be overwhelming.

I began to masturbate at the age of 13, a lot. Masturbated all the way through high school, college, early to mid 20's. I developed terrible acne and had it all the way through high school and my early adult years. I have read where medical professionals don't believe that continual masturbation does not cause acne; they are very wrong. This also was very damaging to my self-esteem. I never had a girlfriend in highschool, early adult years, through my 20's. But I always  had a very normal outlook on sexuality.

In early 2004 broadband internet was installed in my home. For the first time I had access to the internet in the privacy of my home and room. I did not go online looking for porn, honestly; but I was curious about it. I recall purchasing a a website with a credit card. This is 2004, porn on the internet was not as available as it is now. As it turned out, my curiosity of  perusing porn and purchasing one website turned into a decades long ordeal that had me on the brink of ending my life.

For the next months and years, porn became a tremendous part of my life; sure I worked, tried to go to school, but porn was always at home waiting for me. But with porn, it's no different then a drug( for those of you who had read the effects of dopamine on the brain) you continually want a higher high. My higher high became looking for ways to go online and gain stimulation through real world experience. I recall signing up for a swingers site and creating profiles of couples, males, females, to lure pictures from members of those sites. And I became very good at it. When I got tired of porn for that day or week, then I would switch to ways of attaining online stimulation through what we call now "catfishing" people for pictures, etc.... I was just as turned on pretending to be a couple communicating with another real couple to meet for sex, then watching porn.
        Through the swigers site is where I had my first experience of not being able to become erect because of my porn use. I met a couple with a very attractive wife through a profile I created for myself in the summer of 2004. We met for drinks and went to a hotel. When things got steamy in the hotel, I got erect for 5 minutes and then nothing. I tried and tried for 45 minutes but could not. For the past 29 years of my life, I would get erect for eveything,  but all of a sudden with a beautiful naked woman in front of me, I could not get hard. We quit  after about an hour, the lady told me it was just nerves and next time I would do better. I took her for her word and just attributed it to nerves. I had always been a very nervous individual. I had no IDEA that I could not get erect because of my masturbating to porn.
           From 2005 and on, porn and online stimulation became a part of my life, no differnt then work, family, etc.... I went through a couple of relationships in that time. The sex was always average to below average. I could maintain an erection for a few minutes then lose it. Or I could not get one at all. As the years progressed, the erections for sex went from average to non-exisitent toward the end. I recall having sex with a girlfriend in 2007 and she could get on top of me and ride me for fair amount of time, not a freat amoint of time. By 2009 with a differnt girlfriend, there was no way I could no longer stay hard for sex with my girlfriend on top. As I mentioned, as time proggressed the inability to gain an erection became lesser and lesser. It had to do with the fact that my need and desire for porn grew stronger and stronger. More and more porn was becoming available; millions of videos, all types of porn. It was all there for free. My porn addiction was here to say and was not going away. I would not spend the night at my girlfriends house because I wanted to get home and masturbate to replies for the fake swinger profiles I had created. And if there were no replies, there was porn to watch.
In 2008 I came across an article that mentioned Craigslist was becoming a popular way for people to meet for relationships, sex, etc.... This is where my Craigslist addiction came to be. For the next 5 years, I would post and reply to ads through a number of aliases I created; all in the effort to get pictures( and sometimes videos) from unsuspecting people. I pretended to be couples, females, very attractive men. I became very good at this. Very good.
            I was able to hid my addictions very well from family and what little friends I had. In early 2010 I married a very beautiful, smart woman. We spent a lot of time apart and lived in different cities through the courtship and the first couple of years of marriage. There were a few times where I  was caught red-handed emailing people, etc, by her. We seemed to work though whatever turmoil I created.
           As my wife and I lived apart for the first couple of years of marriage; I was unfaithful to her a few times. I recall 3 episodes of meeting people online, 2 of those being horrid experiances. I recall meeting a couple at a hotel and they had invited another male also; we are all sitting there and the lady rubbing on my crotch, but it would not move, get erect. She asked whats wrong with you, and I said, oh its nothing. I excused myself to the bathroom. In the bathroom I tried to make myself erect but could not. I decided to sneak out of the room and went home. The husband called and left me a very mean voice mail after he found I I just bolted like that. Even before meeting this couple or anybody else, I knew that there was no way I could get erect; but my desire for stimulation was greater then anything. I had to have that real world stimulation, even if I knew there was no way I could perform seuxally.
        In 2012 researching ways to be able to get an erection, I came across an article that explained the many millions of men having problems getting and maintaining an erection because of the use of porn to masturbate. THAT HIT ME LIKE A TON OF BRICKS. After years and years of problems with erections, it was masturbating to porn that was causing my problems. I never had made the connection between the two. I figured it was just that I masturbated a lot. I never made the connection between masturbation and porn. I never knew there would be a psychologocil and biologicol connection between masturbating to porn and not being able to get an erection.
         The fix was simple though; dont masturbate and stop watching porn. Easy? Right?
          For the next 2 years I tried to quit, I could not. Tried every trick in the book. I could not. I posted on forums, emailed people. Did all the research. But I could not stop.Looking back I really needed professional help. I would go 2, days, 7 days, but I would do it again. I could not stop.
        My wife and I relocated to a new city in late 2012; I recall masturbating to porn the night before we left for our new home and me telling myself, this is the last time I do anything like this. When we relocated to our new home we didn't have internet for 12 days; I didn't masturbate, etc for those 12 days. By the 10th day I began to wake up with these insanse erections( morning wood). I thought this is F'n amazing. I really had not experienced that in years. But sadly for me, they installed the internet in our place a couple of days later. I really think just like an alcoholic that should not go anywhere near a bar, I should not have been alone with an internet connection. Days after having an internet connection I began to masturbate to porn. Weeks after having an internet connection, I began to "catfish" people though Craigslist.
There is a line we all cross in recalling certain episodes of our lives; and it's often a memory stiched in our brains. With me it's walking over to a K-mart and buying a calling card for a pay-per-use phone that I had. I was going to use this phone to text with people I had catfished online. I sit here to this day thinking what exactly was my mentality to walk over  to K-Mart and buy a calling card to lure in people. I have a beautiful wife who was at work, she was loving and supporting of me. Yet there I was going over and getting that card. I honest to god sit here and don't understand why I did that.... From that day on, my porn and addiction to online stimulation just snowballed. It got worse and worse every month. Believe it or not my wife found that phone with the texts from the people I met online on them; after that our marriage was never the same.
         I was unemployed in this new city, struggled to find employment. I was taking online classses that took up some of my time. My wife worked 10 hours a day. I had a lot of time to myself. With so much time, an addcition to porn and online stimulation that was just getting stronger and deeper each day. There was no stopping my fall. I would fall hard.
           Any normal minded person, if there wife would have found that phone filled with text from other women and couples; that person would have stopped that beahvior and work on the marriage, if it was worth saving. Not me. I think I was back watching porn and posting ads replying to ads within a week. In retrospect, my wife should have kicked me out that night when she found that phone. She didn't.  There were so many times when we would be at social functions and there would be other males there and would think to myself; he does not watch and masturbate to porn 4-5 hours a day. He's normal. Why can't I be like him. I honest to go would sit there and think that.
        The sex life with my wife was non-existent, there really was no sex life. I recall her mocking me a couple of times for us not having sex. I would tease her I needed 24 hours notice before having sex. The sad thing is I was partly being honest, cause I was masturbating 5-6--7 hours a day to porn and online stimualtion. There was no way I could get even semi-erect to have sex. Any man should be able to get erect just sitting next to his wife in bed; lying next to her. That is what passion and romance is. I COULD NOT DO THAT. I could not attain a glimmer of an erection being in  bed with my wife.
           Along with my porn addiction getting stronger, so was my desire for real world online stimulation. I often would post on Craigslist ads for a very attractive man looking for a sexual encounter( I took the pictures from a Facebook account of a Spanish male). This guy was a 10  out of 10 in the looks department. I would text and chat with the woman online( by this time I had figured out you could use online applications as ways to text and talk) and they would agree to meet for sex. I would give the women the address of the apartment building across from our building. I would give them an apartment number that did not exist. So the women would arrive get out of the car and look for the apartment; the whole time I am watching from the window masturbating. That is how low my addiction had brought me. I was litterally a peeping tom from my own home. Of course there was no apartment; they would get in the car and leave. I then would delete the text number I had created through the app.
          With my porn addicition came the idea of posting ads for women to work in the porn industry. I would have replies from women with pictures, videos, etc...... There was no limit to my desire for what porn did for me and the online stimulation..... NONE. I pretended to be just about every type of individual you could possibly think of. There was no limit to my desire for online stimulation. It was addicting as actual porn.
              My marriage just trudged along last year; going in and out of episodes of content to it being a nightmare. Fight after fight, etc. All cause of my behaviors. We continually made plans to seperate, leave the apartment. I was just taking it day by day until it was time to go. My wife stopped wearing her wedding ring a month or two back.
           Sometime last fall, my wife and I seemed to be on a healthy balance. We still were not having sex, but we slept together, went to church, social functions. She even started wearing her wedding ring again. I had so much to believe in. Because I really did love her. I even thought to myself, wow, look she's wearing her wedding ring again. Maybe there is a chance to fix this. Maybe they say it's true, love does overcome everything. I would sit there and look at my wife thinking, a million guys would give anything to br with her; yet I am the one with her.
          But as hard as it's to admit, my porn and online addiction continued. Day after day. One night after a night of having dinner with her friends; she came across emails from my "catfishing" I had left open. That night was our last day of marriage.
           I was given a date to move out and I did move out a couple of weeks later. The last 2 weeks I was given before I had to move out, I didn't eat, lost 11 pounds, and was just in personal turmoil. I confided in my wife for the first time my personal battles with porn and online addiction. But there was just to much damage to her. I caused this woman so much hurt and shame.
            I had limited resources on the day I moved out; my options were to stick around the city or drive back home to my mom's 10 hours away. The first night I stayed in a hotel, the second I slept in my car. The next few nights I would drive around the city, go to the library, eat in my car. It was pretty horrid. I was left with nothing. Nothing.
I worked at mental health facility years earlier and got to know a patient named "Mike". I remember him vividly. He was a really good looking guy, like movie star looks. He was very suicidal and continually told the hospital staff the day he get's out of the hospital he's going to kill himself. He stayed in that hospital for a long time. I remember putting like $25 of music and about a hundred songs I had on my Ipod, on an Ipod his brother had just bought got him, but it didn't have songs loaded on it.So I told him I would put music on it and if there was certain songs he wanted to write them down. I remember him giving me this big hug when he saw I put so much music on it. I can still see the smile on his face as I write this. Mike was discharged from the hospital and sent to a group home where be could be observed continually. The day he was discharged he went to a Wal-mart to pick up his prescribed medications. When he was there he bought candy and a bottle of anti-freeze for his brothers car.
           Later that night when the group home staff went into Mike's room to check on him as they did every half hour; they found him in the bathroom not breathing. He had ingested an entire bottle of medications and drank the gallon of anti-freeze. I remember him telling me once that he was going to kill himself in a peaceful way. Now I know what his peaceful way was.
            4 days after having to leave the home I shared with my wife, I sat in the middle of the night in a parking lot at Wal-Mart. I had a few hundred dollars to my name, not employed, and in a city where I didn't know anybody but my wife. This is to where my addictions to porn and online stimulation had brought me. I sat in the back of the Wal-mart in the dark. My idea was to buy 2 cases of Extra strenth tylenol, a bottle of anti-freeze and a gallon of water. I was not going to leave a suicide note. But I was going to leave a note  of how I wanted my funeral arrangements to be. I didn't want a service. Just a burial. And I only wanted my immidiate family and a handful of relatives there. Nobody else. Please respect my wishes.
           I thought of Mike and what he must of thought as he was doing it. I didn't have his motivation for death, but I wanted anything but what I was feeling..... I got so far as opening the door of my car. Closing it, and opening it again. Then Just sititing there. Then going outside walking around my car, going back in it. I did this for about an hour. I walked into the Wal-Mart and headed toward the Anti-Freeze. I looked up and down all of them. I recall the yellow Prestone ones, the blue Peak ones. Then it occured to me I was also looking at the prices. That was a real mind fuckk. I left that department and told myself I would come back in a few minutes. I never did.
            I have not looked, seen, or even had the desire to look at porn or anything related to online stimulation since that night my wife found those emails. My addiction to porn brought me to the lowest form  a person can live. It took so much fro me. My wife, future, self-esteem. It took so much fro my wife, cause my wife was a big part of my family. But There was only so much she could take. I knew my wife for the better part of 10 years; through friendship, long distance friendship, boy -friend and girl- friend, and marriage. Through all the years of knowing her, what I have left is a last meeting of her yelling and totally dehumanizing me; explaining  to me what I was, what I had done.  And I never saw her again.
            I write this to all those out there in a battle with addiction to porn, online stimulation, and these type of demons that possess you. If you can not quit in your own, I plead you to seek help from any avenue you can get. Take no shame in contacting a professional where you live or online. Porn took so much from me and took me on a course I never in a million years thought I would be on. I am picking up the small pieces of my life and trying to make the best of it. It is so difficult. It's hard to deal with it every day. Yes, I wake up most days with full erection; I have not had sex but qutting porn does give you back your manhood and erections. I got mine back, but at what cost............ I pray for myself everynight and I always inlclude those who battle what I went through. PLEASE GET HELP AT ANY COST.
It will be  a year next month since I lost my wife due to my porn addictions. I have picked up the little pieces of my life, but I will never be the same. I often feel dead inside, but my only choice is to keep moving forward. My hope is to find a relationship and do things right. But honestly, emotionally and personally I am still beat from everything that happened to me, that I put me, my ex wife, and family through. Sometimes thinking back, I wish I would have been a Heroin addict cause I know I would have done enough of that stuff to have died in some hotel room and I would not have to gone through the things I did the past year. I really don't know how I survived the aftermath of what porn did to me, but I am here. Guys, it's not normal to masturbate to porn day in and day out. Please seek help if you can not stop. A simple Google search will provide a ton of sources to get help, talk to somebody. Don't end up like me, don't be me.
i dont know about your porn addiction, its a good you found a way to deal with it. but ours was the result of watching too much porn and mbing, and not the loss of life, although something that drastic usually cause addiction or obsessive behaviours of any kind. Now that i think about it, porn/mb addiction is also an obssesive compulsive disoder, because you need to have it at certain time interval. i found it remarkle that once you stop watching porn, even if dint stop mbing, your sexual experiences or orgasm were far superior than with the porn and mbing.
with porn and mb, its quantity of over quality. mbing and or sex, is quality over quantity
Damn it ! I relapsed this morning. After 73 days of no PMO, I gave in. I'm back to square one :(
Hello there!

It's been years since i've masturbated to porn! Wow!
I don't have problems during sex and i can masturbate just for the fun of it(without porn). I had problems before this keeping an erection during sex or even masturbating.

As an advice just stop watchig porn and be strong. Go for the girls becouse this is much more interesting.
BTW i'm 29 and enjoying life!
instead of watching porn and mbing, you could masturbate when you get the urge. i completely moved away from porn, i have absolutely no interest, either than the occasional thought. and you will notice your orgasms will be much more intense. erections will take longer to come back though.actually go have protected sex when you get the urge.
once you stop watching porn, your orgams will return to normal.
The thing is, I never really have the urge to masturbate. What I have the urge to do is to watch porn. And then I get excited and start masturbating... I did that a few times over the past three months, but never to orgasm, until yesterday.

I'm hoping this doesn't set me back too much, and that it'll just turn out to be a misstep without much consequence. I am planning to "beat my record" of 72 days without PMO. Maybe this time will be the time I recover completely.

It's annoying because I am still having erection problems. I met this girl whom I am having sex with about three times a week (we only see each other about once a week, but usually do it three times in one evening). I usually start off quite well, but as soon as I enter her, I no longer feel anything and my erection goes away... and this is without a condom !

I have managed to make her *** twice out of the three times we have spent the night together though, so it's not all bad. I just wish I could go back to having those erections I used to have when I was a teenager :( and that I could get as excited at the thought of sex. I feel like my libido is just not the same anymore :(
You guys just don't get it, do you.  If your train your brain to get excited looking a airbrushed, photo manipulated perfection, with partners who will cater to your every sexual whim (for 99 cent a minute), that is the "habit" your sexual desire will take on.  Then you go out and meet a nice girl you want to date, do well with her and hit the bedroom... Guess what, your brain and the habits you have instilled in your sexual desire as being needed for stimulation are not going to be wrapped up in the girl you met. She will not be airbrushed, photo manipulated perfection, will she?  She is not going to take the lead and make sure your every fancy is met. She is going to act like the girl from town you met. You have to rethink what your idea of perfection is.  And if you look with an open mind you will find that perfection is in every day normal people.  You'll see the light in her eyes, and her unique perfection.  And that will make you hard my friend...You just have to break your concept and habit of what is truly exciting, and instill new ones... I wish you the best.   Andy
Playandwin, since you haven't looked at porn or done the PMO thing for so long, could you tell us a bit more about what you've been through, the different stages, how long it took you to heal etc... ? I'd love to hear more about your story... I mean, I think you're the person on this forum who has gone without porn the longest.
you need to wean yourself off the porn, i stopped watching porn a month ago, and have no interest, although i get the urge i dont do it.
I am 31 years old, got exposed to porn when i was about 6 years old, started masturbating at 13 and I have been hooked ever since. In my 20's I realized my erections were getting a bit weaker and I couldnt have sex as long as I used to. i was pretty much on porn over dose and masturbating several times a day as I have read in the forum. I was basically that guy in terms of consumption. I recall once I masturbated 9 times back to back.
In the past year or two I masturbate without getting aroused. I force myself to get an addiction while watching porn and now I know I am in over my head. I really need help! I became a Christian two years ago and I was free from it for months, one night I was tempted and gave in, thought I was strong enough to bounce back and I was hooked in the cycle all over again. I tried praying, going cold turkey etc, but I always end up slipping.

I am not in a relationship now, working and going to school and this thing is eating me inside. What pains me is I pray about this so much and make up  my mind to stop and after a few days, I just log on to a website and start playing with myself until I get erected and then masturbate 2 or 3 times. I am growing sick of myself and this habit. I need to stop!

After reading many of the post, I can see where I have messed up my life because of this addiction, I didnt know it was so deep rooted in my brain, I could have been more successful, married with children and living a better quality life.

I know I need help and I really want to stop, I am a man, 31 years old, and my heart is crying out for help.  
Thanks for all the advice you have given out to others.
I have been reading the post and it helps to know I am not the only one who is suffering. I am encouraged to get over this.
I want my life and my strong penis back.
I am tired of this habit.
I just have to reach out to all you guys I have read your experiences this is my first post in this forum I think I definitely have porn induced ED I am a 28-year-old male and have been masturbatingon the Internet since I was 13 or 14 my ED ruin one relationship I have had some help from Viagra but I want to get to The root of the problem I think pornography just fried my pleasure senses I am very intrigued by this whole reboot thing today is my seventh day in a row no masturbationI actually am feeling some positive effects that I have read others experience it's so odd because I always used to look at masturbating as a release like my solution and now I realizethat might not be the case I have to admit I'm having a tough time the first few days aren't that bad but I have so many female friends and coworkers that R just drop dead gorgeousthat I'm having a tough time holding tonight I'll make it another day though sorry for going so long this is my first time venting about this would love to make some chat buddies or here from any men with experience in this if you read this whole long *** thing thank you lol
i still do get urge to watched, but it became so redundant, i got bored of seeing the same things again. If you get the urge to watch just go masturbate instead, with no porn. Dont do it everytime though. I still have ed from all those years of watching porn and repeating assaulting my penis. the only thing that is returned is the intense orgasms i feel when i mb. you should also find distractions for yourself, such as schools, building something, or working out, having sex with real people.

Working out improves bodily functions, and general well being,as well as increase blood flow to your penis.
Ok, Thank you. I have started school, so I will be more focused on that.

I hope I can get the chance to start working out too, I feel really confident.
I have been on Your Brain on Porn for couple days now reading and making myself knowledgeable. Now I know what has been happening, and the various  stages I am going to go through during recovery.

Thanks again for the advice.
its very easy to slip, you should post here more, so you can keep track of your own progress. recovery depends on how much porn you watch a day.
Viewing 3001-3192 comments: