MEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
Too much porn/masturbation cause ED?
by maxcheang, Sep 01, 2006
Hi I m a 28 year old and suffer some degree of ED in recent. I start masturbated since I m 19 and usually use porn as a form of visual stimiulation. I have observed that I have lost the ability to maintain erect during intercource or I only get weak erection. My question is: does masturbation in association with porn will "exhaust" my interest towards sex and create a negative impact on my ability to get aroused in real sex? I m worried cause I think I m still young to have physical cause  for ED. Any thought?
Member Comments (3104)
by leif ericson, Sep 01, 2006
all i can say is that when i was in that "cycle" of non stop
porn, i got tired after a while and just stopped ! and yes
it has an e.d.-like effect.   but trust me, it "goes away"
just take a break.            h.
by overanalysis101, Sep 03, 2006
Dear Max,
By using porn so readily you are allowing your fantasies to become real. In turn, you will never be able to find a woman who lives up to these expectations that falsly get you excited.
Porn is ok with another to stimulate your contact with her/him, however, you will go down a long lonly path if you let porn become your lover.
Hope this helps
OverA
by BH81, Sep 04, 2006
I have struggled with this same problem.  Excessive porn does mess with your ability to get turned on in real, intimate situations.  I went six months without looking at it, and noticed that my mind did "clear up" substantially.  It is not immediate, but it will get better.  Just cut back on the self-love as much as possible and try your hardest to stop looking at the porn.  If you have trouble stopping on your own, you may actually need some outside help such as from a counselor, an internet support group, or an understanding family member.  You are not alone in this.
by ify, Sep 18, 2006
it doies...but it goes away...give yurseld 2 week break!
by stupidmop, Nov 19, 2006
Good thread. I actually think I am going through the same thing, although I have a hard time just getting aroused in general. I'll give it a try!
by RavensFan2k3, Nov 23, 2006
oh man this is the same exact thing I am going through. So what do you guys recommend to combat this? How long of staying away from porn and masterbation will it take to get back to normal and to be able to get a hard erection without any stimulation to real life girls?
by DrPaynne, Dec 13, 2007
i recently was with my girlfriend trying to have sex for the first time with her, and i was unable to get hard once i put on the condom, i think it might be the porn too but has anyone else ever had a problem with condoms turning you off?
by Rtz, Dec 15, 2007
I'm going to have sex with my girlfriend for the the first time tomorrow..I'm a bit worried because I had been addicted to porn for sometime..I did give up after we met which was two weeks back..I'm worried about not getting a erection tomorrow and that she would be disappointed :(
by crazywillie, Dec 15, 2007
I am 64 years old, have been married three times and looked at porn on and off over the past 30 years.

I have always been in a loving relationship with all of my partners, never had a one night stand in my life, when my first wife and I broke up I met another woman that I lived with for seven months, it took me two weeks before I could achieve an orgasm, I had the same problem with every partner after that.

Now to the porn side of things, my Wife is 66 and has not been very interested in sex for about 5 years, I on the other hand still have a very active sex drive, I masturbate while watching porn up to 4 times a week, I have been doing that for the full five years.

Somtimes I have sex with my Wife but because of looking at porn and masturbating I cannot come to orgasm inside her, she helps me masturbate afterwards.

If I had my choice over again I would not have gotten involved with porn, I feel that it is to late for me now, I must admit looking at porn helps me to achieve orgasm easier and I do enjoy it so I dont expect to stop in the near future, from what I have read I guess I am lucky I can still reach orgasm at my age.

My advice to young people is try and stay away frrom the porn, it can mess your relationship up with a woman, save it till you get old like me and have a partner that you love but leave alone because she is past it.