Men's Health Community
Too much porn/masturbation cause ED?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Viewing 2801-2992 comments:
I would say due to your prior porn and masturbation she is not able to excite you enough for you to reach orgasm.  The is because you mind has been pushed beyond normal limits by porn use.  

If you are serious about it and leave porn completely alone and stop masturbating your mind will adjust back to normal after a while and she will excite you to the point of orgasm like never before.

I myself have been there when I was messed up from PIED.  I'd be with a hot chick and just unable to get excited enough to climax and in some cases maintain even an erection.
At 51, I went to the doctor seeking answers for my ED.  He told me the same thing, "It's all in your head", after asking me a few questions about my sex life (nothing about porn use, though).   Oh, I had blood work done a few months before that and my testosterone and other hormones were all in the normal range.

He gave me a few samples of Viagra to "get my confidence back." But said he did not feel I needed to be on it as a regular medication.  That was six months ago and my finding has been that it isn't just psychological. What I have learned from others on this forum, plus other articles on porn induced ED rings true.  I'm a few days away from the 90 day mark (porn abstinence) and am seeing remarkable progress.  Just slow dancing with my spouse gets me hot and bothered now. And my soldier salutes!

Stay pure my brothers!
This may have been posted here in the past, so sorry if this is a repeat.  Dr. Oz covered ED caused by porn use earlier this year.  Here's a link to the video - http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/can-porn-cause-erectile-dysfunction-pt-1
Hey guys I am just 15 years old and I masturbate once, almost, everyday and I decided to finally stop, but I need to know what could happen to my penis and will it effect my real sex life and relationships with girls.

I need immediate reply!! Thankyou.
I am 19 years old I've been masturbating since i was 13 years of age almost everyday...Ifound that I couldn't get on hard while tryin to have sex....I'm recently got into a relationship and itake pills to have sex....but istopped masterbating (masturbating) and watchin porn...I'm goin on a week now without it...will it still work if I'm having sex with no PMO? because i dont want to keep taking pills just to have sex.
If you can manage to avoid having sex while rebooting you should get result faster.  Stop taking the pills because you will become dependent on them to achieve an erection.  You are pretty young so you may get some decent results fairly soon.  

If you and your woman have sex frequently you may need to have a discussion with her you can cut back on the sex or completely stop while you reboot.

hi.. im 36 years old and i love watching porn everyday sometime 3-6 times a day morning when i woke.. lunch time and before bedtime which sometime at night i can make it up to 3 time after resting in 10 minutes.. this has been a bad hobbit for me since for almost 6years now until one day i started feeling pain on my groin and on my scrotums after i ejaculated 3 days ago..so i controlled the masturbation like once a day but still im having pain until i decided to take some antibiotics thinking of an infection that its a cause of too much masturbation and its causing some irritation on my spermatic duct and it stops the pain when i tried to masturbate again... now what makes me worried is that i did some TSE (testicular self examination) i feel some lumps on the left side and this cause me pain again.. and the pain did not started after masturbation but after when i was feeling  aroused  when i was doing a physical therapy on my patient.. pls pls pls i need help.. i dont want to see a doctor  mostly of our hospital staffs knows me.. i feel ashamed about my case...
Day 145 no Porn / Day 48 no Masturbation / Day 41 no Orgasm

- Still no real libido/sex drive if i could describe it would be 5-10%
- Still no morning wood. Happened twice in the last 145 days.
- Social anxiety has DECREASED dramatically, I would say 80-90% cured
- Can get 100% hard just from gentle stroking after maybe 1 minute or so
- Can get 90% hard from oral, good enough for sex but not great
- Still not getting erections during the day, Maybe 3-5 the whole reboot.

So i guess my problem still is i do not get erections just from kissing, touching, grinding etc i need stimulation to get and maintain an erection. Before reboot i was flaccid during the whole time with a girl so its a good improvement but still does not give me confidence to start hitting on girls and trying to have sex or start a relationship.

My attitude is better, I started learning french and have found myself applying more effort at work. I generally feel good, I dont wallow in self pity anymore and i dont day dream for hours. Maybe 5-10 minutes when waking up from sleeping and it does usually give me an erection 90-100% thinking of a girl i would like to have sex with (not porn fantasy). Not sure if i should cut this down or not.

I also broke my strength plateau in the gym and finally got passed 220lb bench press and am now doing 265lb x 2 reps which i am very happy with, Was stuck there at 220lb for a year.

Still get very tired and lethargic and usually need a 20 minute nap around 4-5pm in the afternoon. Just feel very drained and not much energy. Would love to get my sex drive back and energy for life, My brain and mind knows girls that are sexy and i find attractive but i have no physical response like feelings in the stomach, heart race, erection etc

Anyway that's just a short update, Looks like a long reboot ahead as i started internet porn around 15-16 years old with no sexual experience and am now 23.

Life is better without porn either way.
Young guy, 19 years old going on 20 this year. first started watching internet porn in fifth grade, which i guess would make me around 10 or 11. At the time i didn't realize i was feeding what was going to be a 9 year addiction that would later embarrass me and put me through stress and anxiety concerning the bedroom.
   First sexual encounter was when i was 16, had only a few since then with some rather pretty girls, but unfortunately the only time i was able to maintain what was a not so great erection was when i was liquored up. None of those times did i ever reach orgasm, so to say, I've never had an orgasm from a female with the exception of one time i got oral sex. Needless to say, the stress of believing that i had some sort of ED this young has lead me in to depression, causing me to pass on chances to have sex with attractive women in fear that it wouldn't work anyways.
   A small back story, I enlisted in the air force about a year ago, and while going through basic training (boot camp), I remember having awoke with morning wood for the first time in many years in the 4th or 5th week. Obviously i wasn't looking at any porn, and i didn't masturbate during training either. When i graduated, I remember seeing all the attractive girls walking around and felt myself getting very horny, but resisting physical arousal as i was in uniform dress blues. Needless to say i got back to the hotel room my parents had and immediately watched a porn clip on my phone in the bathroom. At the point i went on to tech school, and watching porn was regular again. I didn't realize what had happened, but it is very obvious now, as i haven't had morning wood since that 4th or 5th week.
   My 9 year addiction has caused me to plummet into depression from lack of performance, feelings of being inferior as a man, and it really has just killed my legitimate sex drive. I can't believe I've been doing this to myself for 9 years. Finding this blog has really motivated me to change my life. It's such a relief to see success stories and an answer to a problem i didn't even recognize i had. I saw this blog 3 days ago, and since then i have trashed a Fleshlight(don't know what possessed me to spend 70$ on that) and resist the urge to watch porn or play with myself. I'm disappointed in myself for letting it go on so long, but I'm ready to change my life for the better. It has certainly helped to get this problem off my chest as i have told no one about it and always came up with excuses when dealing with the women. I'm ecstatic to get 4 or five weeks of progress and have the possibility of waking up with morning wood again, it would just be nice to be surprised by some blood flow downstairs, and not have to induce it with videos.
   Thank you everyone for sharing your stories, they have been very motivating and revealing to me.
I'd never believe I'd say this but; I want to stop (or at least cut down) masturbation too. It is causing me way too much anxiety and I am really scared I will get a heart attack.

This is a great thread, and will try to keep you updated about my efforts. Any tips/advices on how to cut down?

Regards.
I have not masturbated in 560 days, I stopped cold turkey when I started rebooting.  You just have to change your habits it drove me nuts at first and after a while the urge faded.  

Awesome. But how do you do? You shag a lot or? Because I think that if you don't wank it it will eventually become nocturnal emissions, and I kinda want to avoid that too.
I am on my first 24 hs and it's BRUTAL. I am at work and when I come home I would really really like to jerk off to my hot co worker.
Shag a lot LOL I wish!!!!!  No I manage to get lucky here and there but nothing consistent.  You may get a few nocturnal emissions after a while.

It gets easier once you get a few days under your belt.  LOL at the hot co-worker.  I used to do that.
Dude, I just messed up :(

I jerked off to my ex on webcam. Gooosssh, it felt so delicious but now I feel kinda guilty. At least I didn't have a panic attack, which is why I wanna cut down my wanking sessions.

There has GOT to be a way to stop this.
So in this case how are you going to cure this? Does it have a cure? Because i used to masturbate and there came a time, without masturbation i ejaculate and it occurs mostly when i am asleep.It occurs like wet dream and it is continues.I have seek medical attention but it is still persisting.Now i am having a lot of health problems from that.Please i need help.How do i deal with this?
I have the same problem, but mines not to do with porn, a girl was wanking me off the other day and I could not get a errection off it& I don't see why because I am so attracted to her, but this has happened before and I was worrying about it happening again and it did:( help?
I'm 31 and I masterbate at least 3 times a day now I started when I was 10...  I can still get pretty hornet even with out an erection, like just physically.. The head of my penis has a warm tickling even when ai just walking around... I was wondering if wanking keeps ur penis from growing...?? I'm only 7' by 5 1/5 girth.. I don't know if that's normal..,
I can too and masterbating (masturbating) like 4 times a day makes me hella hornet.. I don't know whether to do it in a public restroom or have precum run down my leg???
And you have done it since age 10 EVERYDAY? Man, I'm worry to do it so often because I get the feeling I will strain my heart for wanking too much.
If you want to cut down go ahead, but really isn't that big of a deal.  People on here are treating masturbation like they were addicted to heroin geez relax.  Personally I have no interest in slowing just did it two mins ago hahaa
Hello there,
I'm a 20 years old guy, suffering from ED for about an year now. I used to have strong and, it's almost a fitting adjective, Herculean erections throughout my teenage. Even a glimpse of my neighbour would get me rock hard and I would have trouble sleeping because of it. God, I miss those days. As Harper Lee said, "one doesn't love breathing" I didn't appreciate the great gift that I had. I didn't realise that the erections which were so strong I wished they'd subside, would someday become the thing I'll be begging for.
I'm really shy and introvert. Actually, I was pretty fat until a few years back, so consequentially was invisible to most girls and was cute for the rest of them. All in all, I had to help myself. This may freak out some of you but I hadn't masturbated until I was in the eighth grade. Then a friend of mine taught me how pleasurable this act is. I was instantly addicted. It was irresistible. I'd jerk off even as my brother slept right next to me. It was insane. For a few years all seemed well. I'd get hard looking at Sarah Palin! My sex drive was sky high. I wasn't hooked to internet porn because unlike most families we didn't have an internet connection at our place.

Internet porn was a Pandora's box. I started watching it when I moved out of my hometown for further studies. I used to be halfway decent academically, but for some inexplicable reason started bunking off classes. I'd stay in all day and night and watch porn and masturbate. The average was at least 5 times a day. Years of living with a conservative family, made this newfound privacy seem like a jackpot. I practically had my hands down my pants almost 14 hours a day. Even when I was involved in a non-sexual activity, like reading a news paper, I'd slip my hands in and give it a tug. I didn't realise how unfathomably shameful and potentially hazardous my situation had become. ED was still the last of my worries. Hell, I didn't even know such a condition existed.

Due to absence from classes I did miserably that year and spent the next year back in my hometown. But I had let the monster loose. I didn't try to tame myself, far from that, I slipped further into the dark hollows of porn and masturbation addiction. In my defence, I had no idea how perilous this habit was and how horrid its consequences could be. So I carried on indulging myself in hours of penile stimulation and orgasms till I physically couldn't take it anymore. If I could go back in time, I'd beat the crap out of my old self for damaging such a beautiful gift of life.

During this phase I was oblivious to a transformation that only in the hindsight has become conspicuous. When I began jerking off, I used to look at pornography or sexually stimulating material, get mentally stimulated, achieved an instantaneous natural reaction and then went ahead and touched myself. Over these years of addiction this sequence had been altered dramatically. I started touching myself, getting an erection and then watch pornography and finally reach an orgasm. I might be wrong but its almost as if my penis stopped taking instructions from my brain and the nervous receptors and instead took its cue from external physical stimulation. But regardless, I was getting excellent and often embarrassingly long erections and hence never thought I was sowing the seeds of a colossal problem.

Finally, I managed to study and perform well academically and got into a good college in a big city. I chose a big city just because I knew or just thought it'd offer more sexual experience to a virgin like me. I started going out. Meeting new people. I lost a tremendous amount of fat almost to the point that I had become, in words of my former schoolmate, unrecognizably gorgeous. I had everything I needed, a more confident personality, decent communication skills, (I like to believe) decent enough looks to get girls and a perpetual hard-on. Or did I?

As I met more girls, I got many chances of making love. Finally I went out with a girl to her place and we started making out. This was totally unplanned and I got a hard on. But something was different. For the first time ever I could assign a magnitude to my erection. I'd known just a zero, a hundred per cent and a post orgasm flaccidity. My assigned magnitude to that night was a mere sixty five per cent. I couldn't maintain the erection even during oral sex and had to keep jerking off to maintain whatever little stiffness and dignity I could. I couldn't reach an orgasm that night. Years spent in imagining some way or the other, my first night and when I'm finally there I can not reach the height of sexual satisfaction. What a humongous tragedy!

I blamed it on the alcohol and convinced myself that all was well, while in fact this was just the tip of the iceberg. Needless to say, it went far worse. I could somehow camouflage it by distracting my partner by focussing on her pleasures and giving her oral stimulation. It has reached a point where at the beginning of the evening I know I wouldn't get an efficient, strong enough hard on, and I wouldn't be able to penetrate satisfactorily, but I still go ahead and met girls because of the social benefits that it brings along.

It has become unbearably painful. I feel hollow. Lifeless. Being a hedonist, not having sex is equivalent to not living. I've come to the point where I've started losing all hope. I'm too scared to see a urologist or a specialist and what bothers me more is the medication they'll recommend will become a crutch and will eventually start being ineffective. I need help. Just talk to me on a regular basis. Help me.
Start here:

http://yourbrainonporn.com/

im 23 and my problem first started  after i stopped playing a sport competitive. I never worked again out and i just got use to masturbating and watching porn. One day i tried to have sex with a lass and it just didnt go up. It didnt work out and she said i had a small ****. Then i found the girl of my dreams and i was having sex with her she'd love it, she would *** and it motivate me more, even though my last said i wasnt since i couldnt get hard. AFTER me n her broke up i became idle in my life and all id did was jerk off on porn for about 2 years. Even if i wasnt hard id jerk off and try to make it hard because i wanted to see if it was me.  I got another girl but i couldnt perform n if i did i luckily got it up. So i read its a mental thing n physical so I want to see if it works. I stopped looking at p and stopped doing M for a week. Im trying to go back into my sport and get a job to make myself feel better. As of right now i always get morning wood but when i talk to this girl it gets semi hard but still points to the grown not stiff so ill give reports on how it works out for me and try to get the confidence again.
Woah, even though I admit the term "Herculean erections" made me lol; I reckon you sounds as being quite troubled by what happened to you.

Did you go to a doctor to talk about it? If so, what did he/she say?
I'm 20, and have been watching porn since my early teens. At the start it was just a couple of times a week but over time and lack of relationships my use of internet porn became progressively worse, eventually moving on to more extreme categories and finally shemale porn.
I'm a straight male, and obviously this porn had a huge impact on me, questioning myself when I am fully aware I only like girls. I went through a couple of relationships when I was 18 and 19, at first my erections were fine, but eventually at the end of the first, my sexual desire became minimal, and I would take at least 30 minutes of sex before I O'd.
Since strating uni in September of last year, I've had a few sexual encounters with women, not being able to get it up, but I blamed the booze or the girl as these were all on nights out. I met a beautiful girl a few weeks ago, ticking all the boxes that I look for in a girl and began seeing her. Just over a week ago we got home from a meal and got down to it, only to find my penis was in a completely lifeless state, which I blamed on being nervous and told her it wasn;t her fault.
From that moment I decided it's now or never, and have cut all porn and masturbation out of my life. I'm currently only on day 7, but i;m beginning to feel this "flatlining stage". Seeing so many success stories I know that I need to go through and fight the temptation. For anyone in the same situation, I just think, it's either a moment of pleasure alone, or a lifetime of good sex with partners. Staying strong good luck guys
Sounds a lot like performance anxiety from past experiences man. When you get down to it just try to focus and have a clear mind, I had this before and I for one know that if you're constantly thinking, "will I get hard" it never will. Just try to have a clear mind, performance should be the last thing you think about. Have fun
The porn has messed up your libido.

You are doing the right thing to regain control over your life by leaving porn and masturbation alone.  Its going to take some time but trust me when I say this it is damn well worth it.  You will feel like a new man.  I suffered for years with minimal erections, making up excuses of why I could not perform etc.

Rebooting is one of the best things I've ever done.

Stay strong and fight the urge.
Yeah It will be a struggle but I've got my mind set on recovering the porn's not worth losing real relationships. Nice to hear from someone who's conquered it!
Cheers for the reply man!

I WILL NOT FAIL!
James
               The bad news is you suffer from porn induced ED, the good news is you control your destiny and path to recovery. But "easier said then does" applies, and boy does it ever. It is a very difficult thing to recover and beat; But it's only difficult because the candy you're brain is addicted to is so easy to get. It's in your room with the door closed. If you live alone, it's in every room of the house. And your brain craves it so much, that physically your body craves it also.

For years I battled the addiction to MTP(masturbating to porn) an hour or two on weekdays, 5-8 hour binges on weekends. Before seeing my girlfriends, rushing home after being with girlfriends to jump on porntubes and see what's new. Sex was never as it should be. NEVER. I lost my virginity at 25 to a prostitute. And only had sex with prostitutes I would hire. Or when I visited brothels in Mexico. This lasted from 1999 when I lost my virginity until 2004. In late 2004 I installed broadband internet in my apartment. About a month after I was masturbating to porn every chance I could get. A couple of months later a joined a swingers site and started to communicate with couples. This couple invited out for a drink with the intent of me having sex with the wife while the husband watched. After a couple of drinks ended up at a hotel where I was able to get a 70% erection as me and the lady made out for about 10 minutes then nothing. My erection died. I could not get hard enough to place a condom on. We called it a night and the husband said that I was to nervous.

The next year I had me first real serious girlfriend at 30( yes I was a very late bloomer). I had seen a couple of prostitutes earlier and really could not perform either, but learned to jerk myself to get hard and have some type of sex. But with my new GF, it became a problem. She said I needed to see a doctor, and I thought it was still a combination of nerves and anxiety. But in the back of my mind I knew that masturbating has something to do with it, but it was not until 20011( 7 years after I began to have porn induced ED) that I read an online article on porn and the ED it causes. It was like a ton of bricks. Now I knew what was causing my  ED. The past 7 years of pointless sex. Jerking myself to stay hard for 5 minutes and then having to stop cause the erection was gone. I'm a good looking guy with a large and thick penis( when a prostitute tells you that your penis is big, then your penis is big). But I could never satisfy a woman or her feel the pleasure of my endowed penis cause it would not stay hard.

For the next year I tried to recover, quit the first of the month, but would last 2 days. Quit at the beginning of the year, then masturbate 5 days later. Then I tried to quit masturbating to porn and just masturbate in the bathroom. That lasted 10 days. I realized that I needed porn to masturbate. I was addicted to this horrid thing. ADDICTED.

There is no magic formula. Rituals, habits, etc, might help in assisting you to recover and reboot. But at the end of the day, just like board member GHOSTDOG writes, you have to be able to quit cold turkey and walk away. Do no look at porn. It's a pathway to get off the wagon. I fell in to that hole so many times. Actually avoiding porn, pictures, all that stuff is very easy. It's the easiest thing to do in rebooting and recovery. If guys understood that, the process would be a lot easier. If your tempted to look at porn or adult related material, simply walk away. Do anything for the next 10-15 minutes and you will be amazed at how easy it was to walk away and forget about the temptation and feeling to look at porn and the desire to masturbate to it. You might have to do it several times a day for the first couple of weeks, or even a  month. But walking away is the easiest thing to do in recovery.

As far as me, will I started February 1st, walked away from it. But here was my jump-start. I went and visited my mom for 5 days. That first 5 days was my jump-start. There was no way I could stay away from MTP at my place for 1-2 days let alone 5. But I knew visiting my mom for 5 days and not looking or masturbating to porn would be a great jump-start to recovery and rebooting. I got back to my place 5 days free! I thought that was so awesome and I knew that 5 day jump-start was something I did not want to ruin. So I quit cold-turkey that day. Within 60 days, I was having great sex again. And I did have sex while I was recovering. And I would even jerk myself to get erect while I was with a female. I have read that you can not have any type of sexual interaction while you are recovering, which I disagree with. But if that's a course that best suits you, then go for it.  But the one thing that I had going for me is I was sexually active and functional before I was addicted to masturbating to porn online. I have read that the new generation of addicts that started the addiction when they were 12-17 years old, and pretty much started to masturbate to porn at a young age, have a longer recovery and reboot time.

I started to masturbate again a couple of weeks ago. Like a normal guy. In the shower, in my bed after a night at the bar. But not more masturbating to porn, etc. And I had sex last week like a porn star. So obviously it's ok to masturbate after a rebooting.

The best piece of advice in my recovery and rebooting was something I read from a doctor on yourbrainonporn. And that was don't get so addicted to the reboot and recovery. Don't let it become such an overwhelming part of your life that it weakens and distracts you so much that you go back to porn cause it will be an escape from the pressure of it all. Times before the recovery and reboot was such a distraction, it would actually beat me down and I would go back to porn. You have to let it all go, the porn and everything that comes with it.

It's not easy, but stay focused. Every battle you win against masturbation and porn is a victory. You might have 8 battles a day, you might have 1. But they all count toward the goal of beating your addcition and having a great sex life again.

I can sit here and write with no shame, I will place my addiction and all the dirty habits that went with it against anybody on this board. I did not think I would be able to beat it. But I did. There was no magic formula, no one piece of advice, no one person who motivated me, no one experience that did it for me. It was the realization that this could be done and why it needed to be done. Was it easy? No! The easy part was after I fully rebooted and recovered was understanding and realizing that I has it in me to quit.

Guys feel free to contact me if you have any questions, etc. As a person who lived through the horrors of this addiction, if there is any way I might be able to help, please feel free to email me anytime. ***@****
Cheers man such a motivating response
I didn't see a doctor because I'm really sceptical about it. I've read all the stories on this thread, and I know the problem is psychosomatic. I don't wanna get hooked to Viagra and ****, not at this age anyway. So, I'll just stay off porn and masturbation.
I haven't jerked off since I last posted on this page. So its been more than a week and I'm already seeing the results. My morning erections are back, though they're still weak. But its a sign that I'm on the right track.
I've started reading, working out, grooming myself better.
I'm ready to give up all these stupid wanks to get the real thing back again.
It's such a miniscule price for getting spontaneous and rock hard and god-willing Herculean erections.... :P
      Keep it up James, like I said, every time you get the temptation and desire, walk away, do something else for 15 minutes. The easiest thing to do is to walk away. And when you do, it's a victory. You might have 1 victory a day, you might have 10. But they all count toward the actual VICTORY of beating this thing. It will take time, but the 3 months max will come.

On a personal note, met a girl through an online swingers site last week. It was amazing to be able to talk to a female and knowing when and if we ended up in bed, I would have the erection she would enjoy. To be able to lye there and receive oral and stay erect, as much as it's a normal thing for every guy who did not have porn induced ED, it was so F'n amazing. Sex is what it should be.

But don't get caught up with the online chat boards about porn ED and all that goes with it. Reading accounts of failures, guys who just cant reboot or recover for a bunch of reasons, does you no good. Go out and live your life. Leave all this krap behind, fight your battles everyday.
I just can't. I really can't quit. I can hold for two or 3 days and then I'm back to it..
Dude!!!!

Its about self control and discipline.  Let me ask you a question if someone attached razor blades to your hands would you still PMO?

I've been there and now I am free.  You must use your desire to change as fuel for your willpower.  You must resist the urge!
Ok.... I am have been on excessive masturbastion and porn for 3 years off and on. I mean when i watch porn i know my brain is feeding and fiending off the next fix... New scenes new chicks.... gangbangs...the works!!!

From research over stimulation robs you of hormones and neurotransmitters.

Others on here have strong will power... and i didn't but no i am 2 weeks free of porn and masturbation thanks to a supplement called choline... I feel it is setting by brain on the right path... and makes me feel like i'm not an addict...and jumping to the next fix or high from porn.

Give it a shot....  And this advice i'm giving is from an addiction point of view... because i know i was.... maybe
Maybe it can help the reader who is down this path.
hey
I'm losing the battle. I'm addicted. I just cant help it. I was off porn, masturbation for like 10 days, then had a relapse and have started jerking off like an idiot many times a day. Its pathetic. Its as if my mind brings up these silly pointless excuses "Oh come on, no one ever died of jerking off" "Youre just 20. It'll get better on its own" "Youre having your morning erections so that means you don't need to stay off porn" I'm such an idiot. I really wish my mom dad had caught me or something the first time I was looking for porn online. I am ******* stupid.
This has to go away. I have to fight. I just need constant inspiration, a friend I can chat up with about this stuff. How about we add each other on whatsapp or something, like those support groups, only more pro-active, more inclusive.  We could just talk to each other anonymously and share whatever is going through our minds, when one of us is getting weak, the rest will come out to support him. It will help us better if we're in constant touch and make bonds with each other. Just posting a message here once a month doesn't seem to be helping. We need to be there constantly for each other. Knowing that someone is out there and knows our condition and cares, will certainly help. Maybe it'll be the fear of letting others down that'll keep us off those dangerous porn sites. Let's do it people. Together, we can....
thanks mate. your words have been really helpful, inspiring, just hope I can act on them
**TRIGGER WARNING- I'M VENTING**
I simply can't believe that i can't rid of this **** from my head!! I tried countless times to be PMO free (first time 2 years ago, and I PMO free for nearly 40 days and i relapsed), but after circa 2 weeks of abstinence I relapse, over and over. I am somehow WIRED to interacial sex porn, white woman and black man, cuckolding and other related stuff. I tried so hard to rid this **** from my mind, but noooo, always back!! I'm so sick of it!! How can i supposedly be with a woman and mastrubating to this stuff, and later look her in the eyes and have sex with her when i'm sexualy wired to this stuff (when i see it, heart rate is exploding,sweating, shallow breath and i'm horny in matter of seconds)?!? I'm NOT racist, and I am straight, btw. This so called fetish is sick and brings me nothing good in life, except couple of minutes of weird hornies, after "finishing" that i feel like something is wrong with me!! Could please someone relate to this, and if there someone healed from it, could you help me please?
THANX
There is no easy way, no magic pill to beat this.  This is a personal battle a fight that you must want to win deep in your soul.  If you made 40 days you can make it 400 days in my book.  

You have to force that poison out of your mind and get rid of everything porn related.  

You can kick this but you MUST believe that you can do it with all of your being.  Find something to occupy your mind and your time.

Thank you for reply, appreciate that!!
I see that you are very serious, 603 days!! Respect man!!
Because of that, i must ask you a few questions,
1. How do you control INSANE cravings,urges to watch etc. while rebooting? I mean yesterdays i must be craving 20 times in one day!! That thing eat so much my mental energy that i have no words do describe how bad it is...I noticed that urge/craving last about 10-20 min and than slowly dies...but then it's back again!! Like some kind of insane loop.
2. Are you craving free right now? *craving on porn of course*
3. How is now sex feels like, after you reboot?
I got a problem...Couple of days after i start rebooting, when i start to feel slightly better about myself because i actually i am will to change something, in that particularly days i did most relapses, like i'm relaxed too much because i feel satisfaction, it's like my brain "Just look in one picture, thats ok", and of course it's not just one picture, and edging, and relapse...Stupid habit.
1. You need to find something to do I can not stress this enough, you need to occupy your mind.  Learn a new language, read books, play video games, start going to the gym, take up an instrument find something to do.  For me it was getting back in school to complete my degree.  That was an excellent way for me to keep myself focused.  

2. Right now I have ZERO porn cravings .  My craving now is for REAL women and REAL sex.

3. To put it simply sex now is AMAZING!!
The feeling is many times more intense than it was before my reboot when I was struggling to get an erection.  When I orgasm now the sensation is a lot more intense and the dopamine rush feels grrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeat!!!

The best way to say it is, this is like kicking a drug habit.  Your mind is going to play tricks on you like.

I'll just look at one picture, I'll just watch 5min of porn a day, I'll just edge and not orgasm, I'll just watch porn and not masturbate etc.........

The last porn scene I watched and masturbated to before I said enough is enough was burned in my mind.  I thought it would never go away whenever it entered my mind I found something to do to distract myself.  Over time it faded away to just a blur.

You have to fight the urges with everything you've got.

hey all
i stop PMO for already 3 days and I really do easily get my sex drive high
question is, is it okay during this stop on the beginning, i try to have sex?

tq so much
"The last porn scene I watched and masturbated to before I said enough is enough was burned in my mind.  I thought it would never go away whenever it entered my mind I found something to do to distract myself.  Over time it faded away to just a blur."

That's it! Exactly same thing happens to me this days, thank you this is so encouraging .
Btw, ironically or not, i go to gym 6 years, playing guitar 9 years and playing games since i was kid :D ...but beside all that activities that poison always find the way into my mind.
Thank you again!
When that poison starts seeping into your mind your must ignore it and push it out.  I know it can be hard but I was able to do it, when the thought pops up do not entertain it.  If you keep ignoring those thoughts they will weaken.

Are you meeting real women and interacting with them?
I finally got a new pc to replace the one I've had since 2007 while moving files to the new box I stumbled on a folder called XXX Videos.  It was not empty as I thought it would be it had at least 100 videos.  

I little voice in my head said "Hey we can take a quick peek at a few and then delete them", a stronger voice said "Oh you must want to go back to ED and a life of embarrassment!!!!".  ALL VIDEOS DELETED!!!

Its important that you are able to self police yourself, you can do it.

Good 4 U man, you're some serious bad *** toward this thing, in my opinion!! And thank you 4 support, as usual!!
I don't like to talk about myself in way "i am better, i fight this urges,my life goes better, etc... " because i am afraid that after conclusions that i could relapse, but yeah this last days i successfully fight this urges, interesting thing is that urges are little less that weeks before but i noticed that I am more angry right now, everything annoys me, more depressed, anxiety....
Today i was in the shopping mall, lot and lot beautiful and sexy woman, i think that i am literally watch everyone of them (of course, in lustful way, but in discrete way, not like a MOFO :) ), like some kind of obsession, i mean i enjoy that, but raised my anxiety level in space and after that my head hurts and i feel awkward, like i constantly tries to find arousal in those hot womans, or i am simply sexually frustrated, i don't know anymore now my head is like a tornado of thoughts it's so ******* odd, but that's my problems, and you know what, i search Internet for too long (years) and i don't find anyone with that symptoms...I get it that it's some kind of OCD, but with or without porn, it's the same. Ok, to be more positive, maybe in years and years of porn usage i developed some kind of obsession toward opposite sex or something, i don't know, maybe this reboot is cure...But i have tried this before, 40 days and i don't know...maybe this time it worked out. Anyway, porn is crap andGood 4 U man, you're some serious bad *** toward this thing, in my opinion!! And thx 4 your support, as usual!!
Today i was in the shopping mall, lot and lot beautiful and sexy woman, i think that i am literally watch everyone of them (of course, in lustful way, but in discrete way, not like a MOFO :) ), like some kind of obsession, i mean i enjoy that, but raised my anxiety level in space and after that my head hurts and i feel awkward, like i constantly tries to find arousal in those hot womans, or i am simply sexually frustrated, i don't know anymore now my head is like a tornado of thoughts it's so ******* odd, but that's my problems, and you know what, i search Internet for too long (years) and i don't find anyone with that symptoms...I get it that it's some kind of OCD, but with or without porn, it's the same. Ok, to be more positive, maybe in years and years of porn usage i developed some kind of obsession toward opposite sex or something, i don't know, maybe this reboot is cure...But i have tried this before, 40 days and i don't know...maybe this time it worked out. Anyway, porn is crap and must be reduced to zero. Masturbation is another story, in my opinion it's ok to masturbate once in week or 10 days with gently strokes, normal speed and only with sensations, actually i am able to do that without porn and fantasies.
Sorry for extra long and maybe confusion post, cheers mate.
Sorry Livingstone421, I've been crazy busy the past few months. Not sure I got what your problem is. Wet dreams are normal if you're in your teens\tweens. Masturbating often, meaning more than a couple times a week, might signal an addiction. What health issues are you having?
I don't mean to seem like an ahole here, but what's the big deal?  Maybe it's just cause I have no interest in dating would rather handle it myself, but seems like an awful lot of effort to stop something nature as masturbation.  
I have installed Blue Coat's K9 Web Protection Filter (as i saw, it's most popular, it's free, and i used it earlier), but in Windows 7 Ultimate x64 i've got a frequent Blue Screen Of Death because of him.
On Windows XP Professional it works fine.
Does anybody have solutions for this problem on x64 systems?
PS - On official web page of that software they said that it work in Windows 7 x64 but obviously it's not working stable.
Just a status report for the non believers of rebooting.

I will keep this Rated PG

I went out with a woman I met recently we had a great time.  I was enjoying a fair share of drinks and was feeling good.  When we get back to her place she invites me inside.  I didn't think much of it even though it was 1:30am.  We were watching TV and talking for a little while then she climbed onto my lap facing me.  I was caught off guard because I didn't see that coming at all we started making out then she said follow me upstairs which I did.  

I had a slight concern that the alcohol may throw me off a little.  I had zero problems getting and maintaining an erection.  No ED pills or goat sacrifice just good old male libido.

Before I would have been terrified and not even gone in her house.  I would have made up a lame excuse of why I could not come in.

The only thing standing in between you and a health sexy life is yourself!!!!

That was very encouraging, thank U 4 sharing experience!!

Best regards
dose anybody know any good way to block porn because i am 15. i want to stop watching porn because i don't want to get ed
This website has free blocking software http://www1.k9webprotection.com/

The best block is yourself, understanding how damaging and life altering it can  should be used as a personal deterrent.  Read the hundreds of post from the men on this forum and learn from their mistakes.

Good luck
Hello to all.  I have been reading your posts for a while but I think it's time I joined in.  Plain and simple:  porn to me is the devil in video form.  My quick story...I was a virgin up until marriage at age 28 but started with porn around 13, 14.  Since porn was my only release until my wedding night, the honeymoon was dreadful.  Zero erection and it was a while before I realized what the issue was.  The wife was not pleased but hung in there with me.  Porn was all I knew so my wife was running a distant 2nd.  For almost a year I stayed away from porn/MB and, sure enough, I was back in business.  I couldn't have been happier.  For some reason, I started messing with porn again.  Stupid.  Things never got to the point they were during honeymoon but there are moments when things aren't clicking on all cylinders.  Bottom line is I feel your pain and, although I know you guys are dealing with your own issues, I hope you can help me be accountable.  So, without further adieu, this is day 1 for me.  No more porn or MB.  I wish you guys all the best and you are all in my prayers as we fight the good fight.  Stay strong brothers.  We can do this!
Welcome to the forum.

Your honeymoon night sounds like a pure nightmare and I can fully relate.  

To me porn is poison not even a little bit is good for you.  Dig in and make that change to your life.  It will benefit you in more ways than sexually you will feel like a better man.

Thanks GD.  I'm beyond ready to make this change.  Thanks for the encouragement.
i dont masturbate by porn.I want to tell i masturbate by a different way and it may be a new discovery.
I am 23 and gay, and I watched porn since about 11 years old, found my dad's porn (straight porn) in his dresser. Innocent enough since then I sneaked out when I'm home alone to watch, and start my first jerk off while watching when I was 12 (had my first ejaculation).

I've been addicted and always look for porn while I have nothing to do, watching streaming porn and jerk off.

My first sex experience is when I was 18 with a guy I met online. I still have my ability to erect although I watch so many porn, almost everyday!

I did not know if porn and masturbate leads to bad things like this. Starting 2 years ago I start noticing that my erection is not hard enough... craving more and more porn, wilder and wilder genre and continuously. Lucky enough I found this forum to find out my problem is actually on my mind, not my power.

I've been struggling since last april, but somehow I fail after 1 or 2 weeks stopped. But I keep wanting to continue by browsing how to really stopped it. Good enough, I've found another website that help me, motivate me to stop. (Read rebootblueprint, he's got advices how to stop our addiction)

It has been my day 20 since I stopped masturbate to porn, and to be honest, I don't have that flatline like you guys here described. I will continue to stop watching porn. I don't want to imagine my sex as the porn I watch, but I want to make it real and enjoy! All I want is to have my hard-on back, I want to have great sex
Since then, I hooked up with 4 guys, and guess what, it is ON! I easily get horny and it's just so much fun to have real sex rather than watching porn!

My tip is to find your substitution while u're craving to watch porn and jerk off. Whenever I feel so, I do some light workout (sit up, push up) because when u're craving, ur body asks for it. It comes from your body, not your brain, so u have to do something physical. By then it will reduce or even lose your temptation to do so. Some people even shower immediately by cold water to lose the temptation.

Good luck :)
Hello everyone I'm glad to have stumble upon this blog . Im a 23 year old straight male ... I started masturbating in about grade 8, a girl from my school thought me how . Told me to go home and try it out .. It was probably the worst advice I ever got ..ever since that day I haven't stopped masturbating It started by once a week or so,It didn't do much damage but around when I was 18 I lost my virginity to some girl at the back of her parents van... I want fully erect and she never reached orgasm ..I was very disappointed and stopped looking to have anymore sexual encounter with girls ... So after that I started watching porn and it went from once a week to 3 times a day until .. I turned 21 I decided to get myself a girlfriend .. The thing is I had to imagine she was one of the girls on the porn videos in order for me to stay hard it was pretty bad. Sometimes I didn't even reach orgasm and came up with some bull **** excuses ..so the year went on and we broke up ... Immediatly I went back from watching porn but the hardcore stuff and I started jacking off like 5 times a day it was getting a little to out of hand my 3 weeks ago I told myself I am going to stop and I haven't watched porn or masturbated for 3 weeks now and I'm getting morning woods like I use to in grade school... The first 2 days was the worst omg I couldn't sleep but now it's over... You can stop if you put your mind to it  :)
hey everyone... i'm actually now having the hardest time >.<
i feel like to have the urge to down there to ask me to 'release', and for a moment i feel like cheating because i open porn website, not watching it just skip the video and take a look awhile then close it

i feel like i'm failing :(
Ghost your sob story has nothing to do with porn or masturbation and to do with who you are.  
Hi guys, its been 48 days since I first gave up porn for good. There have been a couple of relapses but these only slow down the process. I am now over 3 weeks without porn and I feel great! Confident with girls in clubs, talking to a couple more daily too! Ive also been getting spontaneous erections as well as morning wood. For me the worst time was  the second week, push through it and resist the urge, its pixels on a screen alone or a lifetime of great sex with no shame
Great you're seeing progress and spending time with the ladies.
You've made it over the hump just stay on the right path.

Keep us posted on your progress.

thanks all
F.Y.I

Internet Troll
A person whose sole purpose in life is to seek out people to argue with on the internet over extremely trivial issues. Such arguments can happen on blogs, Facebook, Myspace and a host of others.

The best thing you can do to fight an internet troll is to not answer..or report them.
Ok guys, have a question for you. I never had sex in my life. And Im going to lose my virginty with that girl. Like everyone, im also a porn addict. You guys think that will having sex will stop my addicton of porn and masturbation. Cuze ever since i started porn cuze, i want to have sex with a real girl. Now the time came, i just want to ask your guys opinion. Im going out with that girl in 1 day. So any suggestion. Plus, im very nervous so wish me best of luck.
My advice is to just relax man, don't assume you'll be having sex if it's early in the relationship.
If you do strike lucky try to concentrate on her and not your performance, you should be fine as long as you go in with confidence!

Good luck
I went half a day
I agree with josh2013,  just relax and enjoy the time you are spending with her.  
I've been doing it since '00 at 12 years old but now I have ED at 25 and yes I do need some help with this problem that I have with not having an erection in my penis. This was a day before yesterday. I really don't know what to do. First time in my life of having ED after jacking off too much, it's becoming an addiction to me. It's been 2 days since not being sexually aroused by any girl that I see walking down the street. Used to have a full hard on erection and now it's gone. Now I'm looking for some help to figure out what's going on with my u-know-what.
will having sex with girl, stop the addiction
First and foremost, I want to thank every person who has ever posted on this thread. I am 19, and for the past few years I have had this problem and it has gotten progressively worse in recent months. Like many of you, I have often attempted to rid myself of this horrible habit only to get right back to the porn after a matter of days. But after searching up information about this problem, I came across this thread and I really think it will change my life. I have been clean for 4 days now, which is not much by any means, but in these 4 days alone I have experienced a much better quality of life. As many people on this thread have mentioned before me, I have much more energy to pursue my interests, I am able to concentrate on tasks with better ease, and most importantly, I have a better outlook on life. I have yet to see much change in my penis...I think I'm going through that initial dead phase, but even if this initial phase continue for awhile I a fine with it because I have my life back. Indeed, improving my sex life is high on my priorities, but also having seen the massive improvements in my daily confidence and overall well being as a result from being clean for the past few days is all the motivation I need to continue to fight this despicable urge!

I will try my best to update on my condition. And again, I want to thank everybody for their input and openness. It has been a savior to say the least.
To everyone,
Wow just found this blog, really interesteing! Tbh I didn't really think porn had much to do with ed,...but it makes a lot of sense, (my simple story; jerked off a lot ever since I discovered my ****,lol... Never preformed well with girls, even in my teens, really ****** with my mind for years, after a few unsaticfied girlfriends, ended up in a strange life situation where there was no way I had the ability to go find someone, lets just call it prison, but really it was slavery,
Anywho, that led me to 10 years of jerking off cos that's the only thing I could do.......... Then after changing my life by starting over in a new country, found a really good girl, and guess?! My **** didn't work!... Like the rest of you I felt so wrong inside, like I wasn't enough of a man or something, ((was bad for me cos my dads gay, so really ****** with my mind)) but anyway my girls stood by me, went doctor, they said "try Viagra" and yea it works but its not a cure for anything, especially if your girl thinks she's not enough to get ya going, another doc told me "don't expect to preform like a teenager when your 31," I think they crazy, 31 is nothing, should have like 20-30 more years at least.... Tried acupuncture and Chinese herbs, the herbs defo work while on them, but still no cure, all this time I've been jerking off cos I thought somehow it would help me get back on track.... But what the **** apparently not! To make matters worse, my girl and I haven't had a go at it in 11 months, which considering we've only been together 13 months is crazy, (she had her own issues with birth control that messed her up to, so been a rough road so far....) but now she's been mor affectionate and I'm thinking it'll happen in a few weeks or so.... But ****! Been jerking off so much with the porn, I'm very concearned about my performance!..... (Another issue is that I'm doin some muscle building, injecting testosterone and trenbelone, so my test levels are insane, and so is being horny, think idd **** anything that walks if I could hold an erection!)  another down side is after I come off the test, my natural test levels will be ****** for while till I get em back on track with post cycle therapy, which I will do......... I'm thinking I'm gonna take the rest of you guys advise and stop the masterbation (masturbation) and porn, hopefully I can recharge enough to give it to my girl good!..... Just good to know I'm not alone in this torment!
Thought this was only supposed to happen to really old guys,.... But I'm still wondering, if I'm not currently sexually active, as my girls still not on me yet, dose anyone think that occasional masterbation (masturbation) might be healthy to keep things functioning and the nuts still producing testosterone? Cos ejaculating dose play an important part in test production and so forth, think ill google that too!
If you stop masturbation/porn and you're serious about it your life will turn around.  I know all I'm offering is words but I speak from experience and from what I am currently experiencing.  I had doctors prescribe Cialis but that was only a bandaid on a bullet wound.  You must tackle the problem at its source. I've been blogging about my battle with porn and masturbation.  There is light at the end of the tunnel.

http://porn-induced-erectile-dysfunction.com
Yea I'm going to give it a try,
The results I found on google say that while masterbation (masturbation)  and sex temporarily spike your test levels a little, there's not much deference, but study's also show if you abstain for seven days your test levels spike higher.
Therefore I think It makes sense that performance with my girl would be better if I abstain, not to mention I think one of the real problems is sensitivity in the penis, since the vagina is nice and warm and soft, but doesn't grip the **** like a hand, I've probably desensitised my penis to much, so time to reboot, thing is I've really fallen for this girl, making her happy in the sack is a huge priority now,
I had the penis sensitivity issues also to the point where warm and soft would not do the trick as compared to death grip masturbation.  If you are really serious about making your girl happy use that as your motivation.

Be strong
Yea she is my motivation.......I know that relationships aren't perfect, but there's something to said for ******* your women good, at least if you know you do that she's less likely to find it elsewhere, I know for myself in these past months when she's not even let me touch her for about 11 months, its been real tempting to find someone else. but been hanging in there, cos i know its partly my fault she lost the spark anyway.....so wanting to make her happy, along with needing to get healthy sexual activity as a man anyway, not a good feeling knowing I can't perform properly, seems like modern Medicine is rather limited when it comes to these things, they don't really give any solutions, for years I had no idea a lot of guys have similar issues, I thought I was alone on this one, you know how it is; guys always brag about how good there **** is, I'm sure most of em aren't that good really, even looking at porn you notice many guys are a little limp, and they have to keep beating the dam thing before they put back in, or it keeps falling out.... Very rarely see anything where it actually looks like they both want it,
So far its been day one for me, its kinda difficult to tell if and when I might notice a difference, since I'm jabbing testosterone anyway I get morning wood like most of the time, but that's the test, not my regular hormones, I know its this cos only been on it 8weeks, had the ed and performance problem for a few years, don't know how long, cos had 10 years with nothing but my right hand, as a teenager a used to get hard enough, just couldn't feel anything, never could use condoms cos then I really couldn't feel a ******* thing, so...basically it's a problem been around probably since I was a teenager, gradually got worse over the years,
I really think there should be some study's done on these things and published, I'm sure there's a lot guys out there going through hell cos of the same thing. Seems like a way to really **** up someone's life, (I know for myself I had a 3 year relationship when I was a teenager to early twenties, I really loved the girl, but she left cos she felt like I didn't love her cos I didn't get hard enough, or when I was I couldn't feel anything inside her, so she thought that meant she wasn't right for me) hate to see others make the same mistake, anyway that Was a long time ago, seems like TV and movies make it all look so perfect, when its really not. I don't even know what a healthy relationship is! But idd like to find out, and hope I can get there with my girl. Kinda wanna settle down with her, but I know in the long term it's not a good idea if the sex ain't good cos people have needs, at some point these needs might make one of us do something stupid, I'm really hoping this thing is gonna do it for me cos I don't know how long I got before she might move on.......personally I don't think anyone should stay get married if the sex is crap, cos its to much to sacrifice, I know from my parents, my fathers gay, my mother stayed with him unsaticfied for 20 years, she'll never recover from that, she hates men now, as for my father he was always out getting his anyway. So yea, this really is important to me! Day one successfully abstained!
I could not find and get to read your earlier post, however from this post I learn a lot and would practice what I understand you are doing, as I have exactly same issues and problems.

Thanks for sharing.
hello, good day/evening just want to know who among you guys have low sperm count? does excessive masturbation can cause low sperm counts? if i remember i masturbated 2 times a day sometimes once. having a low sperm counts is related to over masturbation? i am 23 years old. i only have 28,000 sperm counts but very healthy sperm. i also have ED since 13 years old, but my doctor told me there are many solution with my Ed problem im still saving money for the treatment what the doctor told me regarding my ED.
sorry for my grammar im not that good in english. thank you! =)
Im 27 and have this problem. I have been masturbating to so form of porn for at least 13 years now, multiple times a day for most of that time. Always had healthy relationships but after a few times it would always take me long to orgasm. Girls definatly didn't mind because I would take them to the limit, but often would have to talk them into getting me off orally. "*******" porn has always been my favorite and how I've always like to finish when with a partner. Nowadays though I have a new partner and I can get full aroused in fore play, but sex only lasts about 30 seconds, then I lose the erection. Can get it back if I am  pleased orally, then try again with the same result. When this would happen with new partners I would as soon as possible masturbate when alone. Recently I went 5 days without porn or masturbation and sex in that time was great. Didn't see my partner for a few days and slipped back to masturbation and porn. We were so excited to see eachother but like I feared once the sex started down went to the erection. Going to try to stop looking at porn for good and get my mojo back.
The porn is killing your mojo.

Leave that crap alone get your mind back on track and enjoy those women.  If 5 days made a difference you are not far from being free.

Free yourself bro.

Thanks for the comments I just realized I need to reboot..
please answer me, i want my pennis to be fully erect again, i am no PMO for about 4 days, but last night i had a dream wherein i am surrounded with a girls and in my dreams my sperms came out but when i wake up i touch my underwear even my pennis is dry, does it mean i relapse or does it mean i will go back from the start from counting?

Please Help!
That is not a relapse so don't worry.
         As you get older ( me mid- to late 30's) M2P ( masturbating 2 porn) and the ED that comes with it becomes worse and digs you in a larger hole. I M2P for 10 years, non-stop. My habit was as bad and addicting as anybody else. I would be willing to put money on it. THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A SECOND..... In my early 30's, 4-5 years well into my addiction, I could still have somewhat of a sustainable sex life. I at times could get somewhat erect with a little female help and have sex. Other times I had to jerk myself to an erection. Some sex was horrid and I had erections for 2-5 minutes and other times I had them for 20-25 minutes. But it was pretty rare for it to be naturally erect. Most of the times it was getting semi-erect by being turned on then jerking myself to get hard; Or the other times it was jerking myself to get an erection. I honestly did not know that M2P was the cause of my ED until maybe a year before I quit. I was doing research on ED and I came across it. HIT ME LIKE A BOLT OF LIGHTNING. I had always assumed it was a combination of nerves, masturbating to much. Never did I figure that it was M2P and the science of Dopamine that was the cause of my ED. When I hit my late 30's is when I could not get any type of natural erection with a woman, nothing. I recall meeting a woman on an online dating site. She came over to my place straight after work for a hook-up. This was the first time we were going to meet. She arrived, we hugged, and she went straight to the bathroom to change. She came out of the bathroom dressed in a black bra, black stockings and garter belt and high heels. Picture that gentleman. And she was very pretty. I mean, this was something straight out of a fantasy. Don't get me wrong, I had a tremendous amount of great sexual experiences, but using this one as a good example. So she let me take a few pictures, then we began to make out. Ok, by now my mind and the connection to my penis was so warped and broken that when she's on her knees giving me oral sex in my living room, my erection is at maybe 40% at best. Guys, at 38 years old, healthy, in good shape, my erection should be at 120% with what I had in front of my on her knees. We had sex for about 40 minutes. I had to jerk myself everytime to get hard. And she could not ride me cause if a woman got on top of me I would not stay hard. The best way for me to stay hard after jerking myself to erection was doggystyle. For the last 5 years of my porn ED, a woman could not ride me, cause I could not stay hard.  

Quitting was difficult cause I kept watching porn and going on swingers sites thinking I could browse and look at porn and pictures and not masturbate to them. It would last a couple of days, maybe a week. One time I went 16 days without watching porn and just masturbating just in the bathroom, in bed, the shower. By the 15th day of that masturbating sucked. It was not fun, lacked any enjoyment. There was nothing to feed my brain with, no porn, no pictures of wives on swinger sites. I gave in and masturbated to porn. How and when I finally quit? I can sit here and tell you I just got tired of it. Something finally snapped in my mind that it was time for a change. Maybe 10 years of the addiction finally was to much for my mind. I really don't know. I knew it was time to quit and my brain finally agreed with me. Funny thing is, yea I was tempted to watch porn and all the other stuff, but my brain finally was able to take control. I wish I had a secret to tell you guys the secret to quitting. But I don't think there is one. You just have to set up a program for yourself to quit. The easiest to do is to not watch it, it's so easy not to click on it, and walk away. You might have to do that 5 times a day or 20 times a day. But walking away from it is the easiest thing to do. DO YOU WANT TO KNOW THE HARDEST THING TO DO? The hardest thing to do is to not masturbate to porn when you are watching it. I guarentee you you will masturbate; if not that day, but the next.  Porn ED is a fairly new thing in the science and psychology community, much research will come of it in the next 10 years as medical professionals realize it's starting to affect kids as young as 15 and developing a generation of porn addicts that develop ED in their formative years. I'm going to guess that online porn will eventually come with a black box warning of the potential damage it can do in terms of sexuality and self-esteem.
              I think I quit M2P maybe 15 times in a  year before I was finally able to kick the addiction. Honestly, in retrospect, I should have gone and seen a therapist when I could not quit the first couple of times. Think that might have helped me quit a lot sooner and help me understand why I did what I did to myself. Guys, I have no shame talking about this addiction. Feel free to email me if you have any questions from a guy who I'm willing to bet had the worse addiction of M2P ever. My email is mytx100 @ gmail.  
Thank you! this is my 6days of no PMO,

Please Read my story

once again sorry for my wrong grammar, im jst trying to share.

my ED starts when i was in Highschool, maybe i am 13 years old that time. and i admit and it is because of excessive masturbation and porn. Even though i dont have full erection i didn't stop in masturbating, i masturbate at least 2 or 3 times a day, sometimes once a day, as in non stop daily.

after 2 months i started to feel premature ejaculation wherein i can only saw girls with a big boobs and butts there is a small amount of liquid comes out from my penis because of wet imagination even without touching, I am good in memorization, in fact i always join contest in declamation or any memorization activities in school, but now i'm having difficulties in memorizing some paragraph and i notice that i have slow pick up which is not good for me and i know this is not me if i didn't masturbate frequently :(

So at the age of 19 i consulted to a urologist, and had some lab test, all of my results are normal, and the doctor told me it was all in my mind, so he gave me 25% sildenafil viagra, i tried it at the age of 19, And try to have sex with my girlfriend (im so lucky that my gf has no experience yet in sex so she dont know that i have a problem in erection, and she wants marriage first before sex but we do oral like handjob,******* etc.) Viagra helps a little but not totally maybe 20% of my erection improved.

Some months/years later i notice that my semi erection is now in a curve or should i say i have curve penis downside now when semi erect, It is not totally down curve just a slight curve. So i google/Search again what causes my curve penis, i though it was peyronies disease, so i went to a urologist again and told me that it was not peyronie's, it is because of abnormal development on both side, but he can correct it by surgical, maybe i will undergo surgery by next year to have straight erection again but im still thinking if i will undergo surgery because i didn't try abstaining for a long time yet. I always masturbate daily non stop..

I will try no PMO for 90days if nothng good happens i will try my luck for surgery and injection for my Erection.

I thought there's no solution with my problem, this forum is very inspiring for every ED sufferers!

what i do know is having
Daily exercise
Healthy Diet
Possitive thinking
and no for PMO

thank you for reading! =)
I also have a curved penis, have had it since I was 18 I think. I tore the muscles inside when I masturbated exccissvley. Yes, it can be corrected with surgery, but I have never had an issue with my penis being curved. Even before me porn ED, I was still functioning fine sexually with a curved penis. I have been in the swinger lifestyle for sometime now with a GF and as a single gentleman. I have seen other men who have a curved penis. It's not an issue at all performing sexually.  But at your age, the reason you have ED is because you masturated to porn. And here is something you should know. IT's well documented that young males who start to masturbate to porn have a lot longer and more difficult recovery time. I started to masturbate at 14 in 1988. But that was to women on television, then running to the bathroom and doing it. Some playboy magazines and things like that. When it was time for me to have sex at the age of 21, and after 7 years of masturbating non-stop, my penis was hard and erect. Even for the next 10 years i masurbated a lot and still had great sex with women. It was not until I started watching porn online did I start to have ED a month after I started doing it. Funny thing is I use to rent porn vidoes all the time and masturnbated to them, but it did noting to me. It was not until I started masturbating to porn online that this happend.
Hi good day/Evening!

how's your penis being curve? is it curve-down or upward? Do you think i can recover without any surgery? i didn't try abstaining from PMO yet since i was a child.

Oh yes! im also like that, watching hot girls on TV even if it is normal noon time show only i will play my pennis afterward i will masturbate, if im not mistaken i am 12-15 years old that time, then we applied for a reliable internet connection and watch porn every night, i will masturbate then after a few hours maybe 4 hours later i want to masturbate again and again, the same scenario the other day, sometimes looking at catalogue for girls underwear(Funny but true.) then going to bathroom.

By the way im now alcoholic and i dont smoke also ever since.
How long is that you are talking about for my recovery?

I'm done exercising for this day, and i eat more vegetables/fruits now =)

I want to recover my memory just like before! I'm still hoping that i will recover even without surgery..

Thank you! =)

For the life of me cant understand the big deal here.  If you have been masturbating instead of sex its most likely what you wanted to do.  Im sure if now however you are trying to transition into sex might be a little difficult, but  if you really want to you will stop masturbating for awhile so you can have sex.  Maybe its cause although there are some similarities here like the fact i have been doing it a long time as well since 12 for well over a decade and sure if i wanted sex at this exact time might be hard when i am use to deathgrip hand, but maybe because i am asexual and know if i wanted sex i could do it is the reason i dont understand.  I actually have no interest in sex would rather masturbate, maybe thats why i dont get it.  I  think a lot of you however, its in your head your psyching yourselves out.  For the older guys thats what happens with age cant do what you once could.  Try some kind of pills or accept your aging and move on.  Not everyone is a player or has sex a bunch of times in their life, so dont compare to what others do.  I have only had sex once in my life im sure, most people do it more than that o well they arent me im not them.  
Does excessive masturbation can lower sperm counts? Is there anyone here have low sperm counts too due to too much masturbation. will my sperm counts increase again? By the way it is my 8 days of no PMO. so far i dont have the urge to masturbate and watch porn again, Still no morning wood and Hard erection. I will try not to watch porn/masturbate for 60-90 days.

Thank you for answering my queries.
Hi bro,I am having that problem for years now.I use to masturbate and oneday I stopped.Since then,anytime I sleep I experience nocturnal emissions(i.e I experience wet dreams).I had a lot of health problems due to that and I went to the doctor for medical attention.He said it was psycological and so he gave me a medicine called Tofranil.When I take the medicne I don't experience the nocturnal emissions but as soon as stop taking it,it starts again.I don't know what to do now.I am so confused.Please I need some help.
hey dude, same scenario with me for the 1st week of abstaining, but now i dont have the urge to masturbate again no nocturnal emission, i just don't know the following days/weeks. And I guess i dont have Premature ejaculation also which is my problem started at the age of 13.
i relapsed after 13days! i feel giulty after orgasm. :(
You've made it 13 days which is a good start.

Get back in gear and start again, you are stronger than your urges!!

Good luck
thank you! I noticed that my sperm improve just a little. what if i will abstain for many months?

i also noticed that my erection improved just a little also, but it did not last for a long time. maybe 55% hard.

i will start again, my goal now is 90days no PMO.

Hello man, if you got some time to answer me on this question i would be grateful.

Since my last post (almost 2 months ago) i have more then 15 successful sexual encounters with my girlfriend who i met on September 2. We have sex after nearly one week after we met, needless to say that i feel tons of anxiety before that, but i managed to penetrate her with maybe 70 % of my erection and it feels so damn good, switched several positions, everything maybe last for 10-12 minutes...and the sick fact is that i've actually been IN woman first time after 6 years!!...and very good feeling after that.  
Anyway, every time we have sex  it is 2-3 times per night, one time it last for ~40 minutes (with erection ~90 %) but she was on top of me. After that we tried doggy style but in that switching positions i've start to loosing erection, and when i tried to penetrate her she was not wet enough and nothing, erection gone...after that, when i maintain my erection again, we continue with her on top...
One more thing, every time i finished when she do oral to me and couple of times with hand jobs from her.
Things that bother me right now is loosing erections when switching positions or when her is not wet enough, 60-70 % erections, in some positions i can't feel anything (and my penis is sensitive, i could masturbate with sensations with only gently and slow movement), and worst of all URGE to watch porn AGAIN!! In this month she was my GREAT inspiration (and thank her for that!!!) to stop this bull crap, but it's returning now!! Is this maybe happened to you during this process?

PS - This Thursday i relapsed after nearly month of no porn, i feel little guilty but i have said to myself "this summer you maybe masturbating 9 times to porn,it must be some progress!!this is only small setback go forward", in Friday we have sex like nothing happened but i again relapsed last night and again ******* fetishes, with 100% erection...I must push myself back to order again!!
You could wank at least once a week. That is healthy and will help you get rid of that.

Please don't take any medications. It's just insane!
OKay, thank you.But can I have sex once a week instead of wanking?
Hi Everyone.
I have been following your comments for the last one year and have been constantly trying to quit. I have restrained may times for 15-30 days but relapse when the urge get over me. But I know I can do this and want to end this once and for all. I am 23 years old and a Virgin. Feel I am stuck with this habit of masturbating to porn and I want get rid of it for good. Libido is low and m feeling less attracted to girls these days. So its time to rewire my brain and get my life back.
Thanks a lot for all your posts. Special thanks to GhostDog...you have been a real inspiration and support. Day 1
Thanks!!

You are 23 and a virgin!!!! What I would not give to be in your shoes.  You have  many years ahead of you, work on getting PEID behind you as soon as possible and start living!!!!
Wow, 2000+ posts and I only read the last page! I just had sex (well barely) for the first time today and here is my story in points to make it quick!

1. I am 25. Lost it today to a prostitute.
2. I have been watching porn since I was 10. So 15 years of masturbation every single day, expect when sick.
3. I had slowly moved on to stronger and stronger porn content. I was watching the sickest stuff and barely finishing off.
4. A few years ago I tried to do an online porn De-addiction thing but relapsed withing a week.
5. Actually a very close female friend of mine had said masturbation and watching porn is not bad in any sense, so I left the de-addiction thing. Well didn't she turn out to be wrong!
6. I had quite a bit of fun today with the girl today until we began doing it. She'd get me hard and as soon as I went in her I'd get limp. She was very understanding thankfully but that didn't help. I had to *** using my own hand in the end.
7. After reading about PIED here, am going through that "your mind on porn" site and hopefully I can keep my hands off porn.
8. Fortunately it was no girl I was dating. Where I am from girls usually don't give in quickly and since I am not in a relationship at the moment this was a good warning.
9. Going to delete porn sites.. and lock away the downloads (I can't delete the videos since I have some pretty rare ones and dont want to lose them! lol)
10. But this warning was enough. Scared the **** out of me when I couldn't get hard.

Thanks guys for all the helpful posts. I will keep reporting on here on my progress. I have joined a course, trying to learning some coding myself and have a website going on, so will try to keep my mind of this issue.
       Reading some of these posts as far as back as a year, I can understand what some of you guys are going through. I had this addiction for 7 years, and yes it is an addiction. So much so I required a 8 day stay at an inpatient facility. Much as I have respect for "Ghostdog" and his accomplishment of being able to quit the addiction cold turkey and encouraging the gentleman in this group to do so, for many of us it's unrealistic. Some of us require or will require professional intervention. Porn addiction and the behavior it induces is as destructive as substance abuse. It ruins self-esteem, relationships, personal potential and progress, etc....

I knew very well my addiction to porn and masturbating( plus some very destructive personal behavior that came with it) was consuming my life, DESTROYED my sex life, ruined a relationship. I could go on and on the things this addiction made me do. I realized I had porn induced ED maybe a year after I started masturbating to porn. Funny thing is a patient at a hospital I worked at brought up the subject. I went home and did research and realized what I had done to myself. For the next 5 years I tried and tried to quit. Set up every type of program you could possibly imagine; and each of them failed. Each time a different reason for going back to it. It was not until almost 2 years ago I finally had the courage to call a 1-800 number and speak with a professional. After a couple of phone calls they put me in touch with a local therapist. After a consultation with a therapist, I volunteered to check myself in to an inpatient facility where I would  be under the care of a team of medical professionals. Nobody but the medical staff knew why I was there. The other patients were addicts of a different kind. Heroin, pills, alcohol, eating, etc..... But we all were addicts and we knew we needed help. It was a very humiliating but humble experience. I had reached the lowest of the lows cause of my addiction to porn & masturbating and other habits that came with it. The inpatient stay at the facility was my savior. They helped me understand the underlying causes of addiction; but when I went home after 8 days it was up to me to do the hard work.

The thing my Dr at the facility made me understand was that I needed to change my mindset and lifestyle. He knew about the ED, but he said it's the last of my problems. Cause it was the easiest fix of all the issues. That was so cool to hear. What I needed was to stop watching porn period. And I did. I eliminated porn from my life. When I eliminated porn, after a few weeks, my mind did change. Just felt like I had an interest in other things. I would see a woman with large bulging breasts at Target and just admire her, and not want to run more and masturbate to the thought of her. My mind was not so cluttered with sex. I think I masturbated 4 days after I got home from my hospitalization, then a few more times the following week. Without porn, there was no "food" for my brain to want to masturbate. Masturbation had no purpose without porn. After a month, I was well into what my Dr said would be a complete lifestyle change. And it worked. I stopped masturbating the month after I left the facility. I had a GF and we would have average sex for the next couple of months. But by month 4 of no porn, and very rare masturbation; My ED was cured. It had been so long since I was to get an erection through just being with a woman, that I had really forgot it's as normal as breathing.

Guys, get help, there is no shame in it. There are a ton of 800 numbers where you can speak with a trained individual who can help you. Get you connected with additional people and services. This is an addiction, that's why there is story after story of guys quitting and relapsing. All that does is drop you in a bigger hole. I should have tried to seek help the moment I knew that I had porn induced Ed. Cause as time passed by addiction got worse, and it made me behave in ways I should not have. I fell harder and harder each time. Looking back it it now, it was unrealistic to think I could just get up one morning and say, I quit.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.  Congrats on kicking the habit and moving forward with your life.

Enjoy the freedom
Hi All,

I am a 39yr old Male who has been watching porn since the Internet existed,
(predominantly Lesbian porn), gradually over the years the types of porn have got a little more extreme (nothing to bad) for the need for excitement. I am a decent enough looking guy and have never had trouble with the girls. My issues lie in relationships, simple one night stands etc are exciting enough to fulfil me, but in this time relationships have suffered mainly due to me thinking they was not enough for me or my lack of desire to sleep with them. I have now met a gorgeous lovely girl and straight away I am struggling to sleep with her. I have now read all the posts and other research on the net points to a kind of porn addiction and no woman can give the same excitement. (apart from 1 night stands or flings). I watch porn at least 6-8 times per week, I never wake up with a woody and simply fail to get aroused by a beautiful girl or kissing etc. The only women who turn me on are women I would compare to porn women and who are not even that attractive. (The excitement factor or dirty factor I suppose). How the hell do I start to get my libido back and have a fulfilling sex life with a girl I see as the one. **Giving up porn easier said than done...Any ideas of ways to progress?? I am desperate before I really mess this one up!
Following on from above.....M2P EDF has hit me like a bolt of lightening, I have thought for years it is just some intimate issues etc or they just was not for me. I have struggled to maintain erections and sometimes only at 50-60% a lot of the time I have had small bites of viagra to see me through. There have been many times when I have needed to masturbate to finish off. This girl and the thought of losing her has made me research and after 20 odd years of not realising the problem or choosing to ignore it, I now read all these stories and now it all makes sense. The next stop is beating it..........
hi my name is KAS. First off thank god i found this forum and post,i have been reading through every comment from the beginning,i wonder if this is in fact the best post on this topic on the internet..i am a 38 yr old male i suffered through prone masturbation for years or TMS  traumatic masturbatory syndrome,this is where instead of using your hand to masturbate u rub your penis on something to get off,for me it basically getting naked and humping the bed this is how i masteturbated from about age 13 up to about age 37,my hand could never get me off when i tried.i was 37 until i realised i had a problem and after ceasing masturbating for awhile i resorted to trying with my hand and to my great surprise i ejaculated and have given up prone masturbation forever and have no problem masturbating with my hand now been using my hand for about 1 year now...let me say that i was age 36 before i even kissed a girl on the lips,and i lost my virginity to a hooker at age 37 the experience wasnt good i was barely errect during the hour and never came....months later i saw another prostitute and same thing this time never got hard and never came.ive since been with 2 other woman not prostitutes and i never came with either of them and again had big trouble getting hard when i would get blowjobs or wen they touchedmy penis i would feel absolutely nothing....feeling so fustrated i started to think am i gay or what the heck is wrong with me,i started to search the net for answers i thought it must be related to my masturbation but most of the stuff i found on the net says it doesnt matter how often u masturbate.........then i found this forum.....i dont think i am a porn addict but a masturba addict... because i never actually watched that much porn but i downloaded various videos and there was certain videos i would play each time i masturbated to get off,i had favourite videos where i would just *** in minutes of watching.....but i also didnt need porn to masturbate i could achieve full erections and ejaculate fine with just my imagination,often just running through my fav porn vids in my head.......but often to i could think of scenarios in my head that would get me off i'd sometimes masturbate up to 5 times a day.....after reading this forum i decided to give up wacking my bag and watching porn for awhile. so far it has been 16 days since i have masturb or  watched any porn and a few days ago i woke up with morning wood,so that is a good sign.i already excercise alot and take a great multivitamin called beyond tangy tangerine.......i have a question when in the recovery phase that i am in now,how many weeks should i continue the no porn no masturb,before i can masturb again? ive decided to totally give up porn.....and is it ok to kiss fondle,or foreplay with a girl anything except intercourse while we are in the recovery stage..........answers appreciated......cheers
I'm so glad I found this group!!!  I thought I was the only one this was happening to...I'm 41 years old .... everyday I would put the porn on my computer and masturbate like it was nothing.... it was a normal routine.... I also did it to to still pics too...... Well last week I finally got the real thing after a 5 month dry spell.... we got into it , and then when it came down to doing it , my **** wouldn't get hard!! That has never happened to me before!! At first I blamed it on my high blood pressure pills... I read it could give you ED, but I did some thinking, I thought about the masturbation I did on a daily basis..... then I found this page.... all the symptoms the fellas were talking about was me too!!! I mean I had a fine *** honey.... I got it up in the beginning but it was all down hill from there!!! ..... whats crazy is, the next day after she left ,, i said to myself... ok let me see... i'm gonna try something... I put a porno on... started messing with my penis and I got a instant boner.... I was like OH ****!!!! this is my problem right here!!! i exploded like i was Peter North....LOL.... i was like WTF????? i wanted to explode like this with her!!!!!! I'm on day 4 no masturbation or porn..... i notice now every woman that walks by me i turn my head like a owl.... when as before i was like what ever because i work here in santa monica, ca where their are so many honeys!!! i would get one off before work and i would be like whatever....lol..... now i feel more motivated to talk to women like i used to!! I was talking to this one woman , she asked me a question.. she had big **** and nice ***,pretty brown hair... whoo ****... man i was getting hard right in front of her... i was like.....now  that's what im talkin about......!!! :D
Welcome to the group!!!

Its good you realized what your problem is and your taking steps to get back on track.  

I would say no. You just get used to masturbation and eventually have to find something else to satisfy your need. I had the same problem until I realized I was masturbating too much and I wasn't getting the same feeling I used to like I had gone numb. I was still able to get hard but it just did feel quiet the same. I would say lay off for a couple weeks if you could and you should be fine.
Hi Forum & GhostDog,

I have a had a 8 year addiction to porn and masturbation, and have been trying to quit for a couple of years now after finding out that my dependency to masturbating to porn( multiple times daily) was likely 99% the reason for my porn induced ED. I recently had a life changing event that made me realize I have to stop this. I am 11 days clean( longest before this was 8 days in 8 years, and that's cause I was on vacation) but I know now my addiction has stopped, and I will not return to porn and masturbation. I guarantee this. I wake up every day for the past 11 days feeling born again. It's just amazing, even shed a tear last night knowing I now realize I had the will power to stop this. Gentleman, there is a hope, there is a way.

My question to the forum and maybe Ghostdog cause I read a couple of posts of his. I have been seeing a lady for about 8 months. The sex has been average since we became intimate. In order for me to gain erection, I have to play with myself while I am performing oral on her; then when it's erect, begin penetration. That's makes for maybe 10 minutes of good sex, but my erection does not hold for more then 10 minutes. Then we do the same thing again, but then I do it from behind. Sex is never then 10 minutes. My erections are not natural, I have to play with myself to get erect; sometimes there is a bit of erection as we make out before sex, but it does not last or is not very erect. I'm lucky she does not tend to complain, but I know she could go for hours at a time if I could. We have a lot of toys, so that helps......   My question is this, I plan on having sex as i "reboot" with my girlfriend. I don't think it's possible for us not to have sex, she is very, very sexual. I also plan on going to see a doctor next week and ask about maybe getting Viagra or Cialis to help me stay erect as I recover from my porn induced ED. It's October 24th, my goal is to be cured by January 1st, 2014. I should add that before my porn induced ED began in 2005, I had great sex, great erections........ I really don't see myself going through a flatline, I have a beautiful GF, work along some beautiful women. But again, let me stress, I will not have a failure in my recovery.......  So, what can the forum help with, what ED pill would you recommend, how much of the dosage? And having sex with my GF as I reboot, I have read it's ok to have intimacy and stimulation with a real person...... Please anything you guys can forward me would be great.......
Congrats on your 11 days, that's excellent progress.

" I have to play with myself while I am performing oral on her; then when it's erect, begin penetration...."

I've been in the same boat as I'm sure a lot of men here have.  You are still suffering from the mental side effects of PIED.  Over time it will pass but you must totally forget about porn, your mind needs to reset.  It takes time for you mind to heal and get back in balance.

Be careful with the ED meds you don't want to become dependent on them for an erection, visit a health food store and try some Horny Goat Weed pills (look it up online) it may give you the assist you need as you get better.

How old are you?

Good luck

Thank you for replying Ghostdog; I am 39 years old. 5'11. 180lbs. I work out 5-6 days a week. I am in good physical shape, plan on being in great physical shape for my 40th in Feb. Before my Porn induced ed began in 2005, I had great erections, great sex. It's been so long since I had a natural erection from touching, kissing, I have forgot it's possible. I recall meeting a woman for sex in 2004 and taking off my clothes and I was hard, she looked at it and said, wow, your big. Looking back right now, it's almost like it never happened. I can't believe there was a time I could get naturally erect! I am that far down in the porn ED hole. I considered as far back as 2 years ago about maybe getting ED pills, but I also knew I was not going to stop masturbating to porn. I was addicted to it that much. It's something I hate to admit, I really loved doing it. But I could not let myself go see a doctor and lie to him, and spend money because the actual remedy is to stop porn and masturbating. But I could not stop it.

But 11 days ago I stopped. And not going back to porn ever. I don't even need a porn filter on my computer. Guys, I just had an event in life that just finally told me IT"S TIME TO STOP. And I have. I pray for each of those you out there going through what I did the same blessing. It's just a blessing, and I hate to use that word, but man, this thing had me in the ground and pounded on my brain everyday and kept me there, and would not let me up. But I am standing now. Standing proud.

As I said, I have GF, and as average as it is, intimacy is a big part of our lives. Thankfully, we play with toys, even bring another guy into the bedroom at times; this has kept the fact that I can not perform like a man should, from being a big problem. But it just hides the fact that I can't perform in bed like a man.... But I'm ready to step up and be a man, in and out of the bedroom.

So Ghostdog, I asked about the ED pills; I just thought, since I'm born again in my non-porn masturbation life, why not try an ED pill to maybe helpmout a bit while I recover and reboot, or to ad a little zest to my ability to perform. I just would like an honest opinion. Or you mentioned over the counter remedies. I am all ears please. Thank you and I really pary for all you out there who are going through what I went through.

BEEN 5 DAYS WITH NO PORN AND MASTURBATION .... MAN IM ABOUT TO EXPLODE!!!! LOL!!!.... I GOT TO GET A HONEY ASAP!!!!  LOL
funny!!!
i'm now 25 days into no porn or masty,i'm not sure though how long i should hold out for
DAMMIT MADE IT TO 6 DAYS..... HAD A RELAPSE THIS PAST WEEKEND ..... **** GOT TO START ALL OVER..... :-|
I've had a good look at this thread a number of times and keep relapsing so i thought i'd share to see if anyone has any encouragement, and to offer encouragement to others in the same position. All part of the healing process!

I'm a 22 year old University student in the UK. I had my first girlfriend for a year from 18 to 19. We had amazing sex and no problems at all. I took it very badly when we broke up and about 6 months after started using porn very heavily as i made me feel better (temporarily) each time.

I was very sexually confident and never had any issues until i began to notice a lack of rigidity and problems getting it up with girls (as opposed to in front of a screen). As i can see on this thread the progression to harder and harder material (and 'grip') only makes this worse and i was falling prey to that.

Along with an escalation in porn use, my character also changed as well. Before and during the time with my girlfriend i had been a decent guy who respected women wouldnt have used or cheated anyone. As time passed since my girlfriend i became increasingly narcissistic and selfish. A number of lovely girls i had brief period of time with, i either cheated on or got rid of because of a stupid desire to impress my male friends, sleep with as many girls as i could (in a misguieded attempt to get over/back at my ex). I let everyone know how stupid i thought the notion of 'love' was. i have always been very confident and i feel like my public persona is a lie compared with this dirty secret i harbour: that i am addicted to porn.

About a year ago, having been seeing a girl for a year and cheating on her the whole time, i realised that i had ED (subsequently looking at threads like this i realised it was porn induced) as well as deep seated issues with my attitude towards women and relationships.

Nearly two months ago i gave up porn and tried to start thinking in a more positive way. I have relapsed a number of times since then, although i managed to avoid watching videos but i was still tempted by still pictures whilst making the excuse that it was 'winding down' from the most hardcore material. For a few weeks i also changed my attitude and decided that i wasnt going to go and sleep with people. i was just going to concentrate on my univeristy work.

This approach worked for a bit until i had a few drunken encounters with a various girls and then relapsed the morning after (not having had sex) due to the frustration. In those few weeks before, porn abstinence made a massive difference and i felt like i was well on the way to recovery, only to have to start again now.

I have relapsed again tonight looking a pornographic material on a pornstarts twitter account (weakness from me) and thought i'd actually contribute to this thread to share and involve myself in this unusual community.

I'm afraid that in the last three years since my ex i have become a complete ******* but i am trying to change. Im confident for the future and looking at the testimony on here is a massive encouragement.

Any advice or related stories would be appreciated, I have to get through this, as im guessing since youre on here, you do too. The last thing i would say; even in a few weeks, getting off porn can change your life.

Good luck gentlemen!
I quit masturbating to porn, in fact I quit masturbating. I had a life changing event. But the messed up thing is I still watch porn. Not in an excess, but just go through porn sites, updates, etc..... I know it's wrong, and it's counter productive, but I will stop eventually. I have not masturbated for 2 weeks to anything and I'm not going to. I have pretty bad ED from porn. That needs to change. I wish you luck. Every man has a journey to get through this stuff. It's not easy. But it can happen.
my boyfriend masturbates to porn a number of times a day. he says he has found his" nitch" and we haven't had sex in almost a year. we have been together off and on for 44 years and never had a sex problem. he has Kennedy's Disease which is a neuron disease. he says he has to get rid of the testosterone and its the only way he  can have an orgasm. He has me talk about other women while he's masturbates.
Hahaa well its the truth.
If you really want sex you will do it.  Some people think they want it when really they dont and it causes lots of problems.   Anxiety performance problems are some what normal right away so try to get past those and if you are old maybe some viagra, but really porn isnt that big of a deal.  You make it a big deal in your mind.   I cant believe some are comparing it to alcohol or heroin hahaa thats just ridiculous.  
Some people just arent interested in sex/relationships also but trick themselves into thinking they are, because everyone should be doing it is told constantly to you.   I was shy in  early school and highschool thought i wanted a girlfriend and sex, but never dated, it always seemed to be a problem in my mind, but didnt happen.  Than early college came got drunk hanging out with a chick i just met had first kiss and sex, never even came.  We hung out next day never saw her again.  After that i started realizing i really had no interest in sex or dating, it was just told to me thats how it should be so thought I should be doing it.   Now i fully realize this and masturbation and pics/porn works perfect for me.  I have no desire to actually sleep with women all that fuss for no reason.  So some of you might want to think about that probably not you but could be.  
hi im 52 been experiencing erectile problems for about 4 years been for loads tests etc am on viagra but still occassionally doesnt work .have masturbated to online porn quite a lot and have recently thought this could be the cause . any advice welcome
Have you stopped viewing porn?

If you are on an ED pill and still having difficulties I'd say your problem is most likely porn related.

Masturbation is a normal mature man masturbation. Masturbation itself on the human body without harm, but frequent masturbation, making long-term congestion genitourinary system, local immunity, can cause urethritis, prostatitis, Seminal, nerve fatigue, dysfunction, impotence, erection is not firm, habitual premature ejaculation, etc. The following points can get rid of masturbation habits: first, have perseverance during the day to learn, work, try to think less Nannvzhishi making new friends, try not to take part in various activities give yourself a chance to be alone exercise more Age appropriate time, to make the opposite sex
hi..

i am also having the same problem..i use to watch lot of porn and masturbate. i am recently married and am finding it very difficult to maintain my erection.i get erection as soon as she touches me, but it goes off very soon..hardly a minute...we didnt have sex yet...can u please tell me how to overcome this and have a sex life.
Have you stopped using porn and masturbating?  
It’s been 730 days since I last used porn or masturbated, even though it has been two full years it does not feel like it was that long.  I am as rebooted as I am ever going to be and I have NO intentions of ever falling victim to PMO again.  Amazingly I made it two years without relapsing; the beginning of the process was the most difficult.  Once I got some time under my belt I’d look at how many days I had been PMO free and realized that it would be a damn shame to blow it and start over at day one.   The further along I got the easier it became not even think about PMO.  Another source of will power was thinking about all the embarrassment I caused myself, unsatisfied women and feeling like less of a man due to PIED.

I was not the most extreme of PMO cases by any means but I would masturbate just about every night before going to sleep.  Some weekends I would go on slight binges masturbating and viewing porn multiple times a day.  There were times that my injured my penis from my frequency of masturbation.  I slipped into the same cycle as others seeking out more extreme niches of porn to arouse me.   Things that I initially found disgusting I began to captivate me and consume my thoughts.  I would have to fantasize about hardcore porn to get aroused enough to have sex with a female.

I’ve struggled through relationships masking my PIED with pills and lies of why my penis was not functioning as it should, ‘chronic fatigue’ was my crutch.  I was unable to properly bond with the women I was involved with which strained relationships.  As most of you already know porn makes you look at women as sex objects in place to hopefully cater to your porn driven desires.

I remember the total disgust in myself the countless times I’ve laid be bed with a woman and my penis was completely lifeless.  It’s like an ax chopping away at what makes you feel like a man with each failure.  I was fortunate enough to bed some gorgeous women in my past only to be unfortunate enough to have a dead **** or unable to keep an erection and penetrate.

Today 730 days later I feel like a man and I have a normal libido for a 46 year old man.  Sex is better than it been in a long time, I just need to find a steady girlfriend.  
I often see guys asking in forums if they can go back to using porn after they have rebooted like it’s something that they cannot live without.  It’s pretty simple if you go back to porn you will be back in the same boat prior to rebooting.

I wish I would have rebooted years ago and not been such a damn fool.  I knew that porn was probably the reason for my ED but I was in denial big time.  I just did not have the strength to let it go and I paid the price.

If someone would have told me I would go two years without masturbating I would have called them crazy.  But I guess I was crazed for not believing in myself because I have made it two years.  It makes me feel as if there is nothing I cannot do.  I am more confident and assertive than before and I have no problems approaching and pursuing women.
i have masturbated since i was 11 and still now 24 without knowing wat masturbation is..due to bad frndship ...i am feeling my penis had shrunk.. i dont knw how long it will take to regain everthing...i from now decided to stop porn and masturbation...hope everythin dwill be fine...........
Im 23y/o virgin having Erectile dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation,
Maybe all the bad effects of Over masturbation aside from baldness.

I relapse after 17 days from abstaining! because of premature ejaculation,  i felt horny that time eventhough i didn't touch my penis, there's a liquid came out from my penis the reason why i decided to masturbate. I want to know if even i dont masturbate but there is a little amount of sperm goes out, does it mean i need to masturbate or i will just let it, I also suffer from poor sperm count before, but now im happy with the result of not masturbating, my sperm counts improved! but my ED didn't improve yet. Sorry for my English. Another positive result, my eyesight improved, i can remove my eyeglass often, more energy from doing physical activities, i can play basketball without getting fatigue.

I know that Premature ejaculation is not the main topic here but i want to know who also here experiencing PE like me even without touching pennis.

Please give me some advices. thank you
ive gone 2 months now without wacking my bag or masterbating (masturbating),i guess i wont know for sure if i'm cured until i'm with a woman,does anyone think it is wise to go to a prostitute i dont have a girlfriend.
Have you been out trying to meet women?  You should give that a try if you haven't and see if you feel any different around them.

Going on a date might be a good way to see where you are.

A prostitute may not be bad either but I'd try with non pro first if possible.

Just my 2 cents.
Active porn user here. I'm not quite sure if I'm at ED yet or not, but I think I'm heading there. I am/used to masturbate about once a day, normally when I wake up. I don't watch porn after mornings and only rarely (once in two months) feel the need wank again.

I had also premature ejaculation problems but have only recently started to take pills on that. I find that my stamina is now good but sex with real girls doesn't feel much, I mean with condom. I've never had sex without condom so can't say for sure. I can get it really hard, esp with oral but once the intercourse starts there's just not enough friction to my tastes and I might get a orgasm or my erection might die down. Looks like I need to cut back the porn and wanking.

Thing is, I do a bit of written porn, where I write story and other person would respond to. Would it be killer for my reboot if I continued to write but not wank on it? I don't want to abandon my penpals. I usually get really aroused during that so I could say it's porn for me.
Before I rebooted there were times when putting on a condom would kill my erection. I could be completely hard from oral slip the condom on and my erection would vanish.

Now that I have rebooted condoms have no effect on my erections I just slip it on and go.  

I would suggest you lay off all forms of porn because your mind is still reacting to the fantasy of porn.  Cleanse your mind and you will see a difference.

Good luck
hello everybody , i'm 24 years old man and i never had sex with woman before in my life until last week. i was jerking off since the age of 13 and i never stopped doing that , all these years i was jerking off at least 3 times a day , sometimes 4 and 5 and even 6!!! but in my case my addiction wasn't only porn because i was jerking off to everything , i jerk off to porn videos  , pictures of women , i jerk off when i think about my hot co worker , i jerk off to pictures of random hot girls i know from facebook so my addiction wasnt only about porn because i can easily stop watching porn and jerk off on anything else can turn me on , my addiction was THE MASTURBATION! for all these years i was jerking off and i never thought that its dangerous like this , i thought its fine and no big deal so i was doing it always and i never had problems with morning erections or smth , i have erection every morning but the problems starts when i met this woman online , we liked each other so much and we talked for hours everyday till that day we decided to meet , till now i never thought i will have problem even if it will be my first sex experience i wasnt even worried about it , i was confident that everything will be ok , she was living in other country and she traveled to see me and we stayed in hotel together and finally we are in the same room so happy to see each other then i kissed here and touched her..the big surprise is my penis didnt react at all!! i felt a bit nervous but i continue kissing her and touching her everywhere but still nothing..zero! im not even excited ..nothing!! i had to make an exuse that moment to go away , i told her im gonna have a shower and i ll be back , i went to the bathroom and i was nervous and scared!! i didnt believe that this is happening and only then i realized that this is because of masturbating , i had that shower and come out and we talked little bit then she put her hand on my penis and she play with it and i was so embarrassed that its still the same , we were playing for like half hour and zero erection for me , i started to notice that she is confused and she thought that its her fault, i told her that its not her fault and  then i told her the truth...i told her that i was jerking off for years and this is my first sex experience..but she understood that and she told me that its ok with her after i promissed her that i ll fix this so soon , we spent together 7 days , first 2 days were like hell to me , i felt so embarassed and weak and humilated , the other days i felt a bit better , just a bit.. i started to have 40% erection and in the last day i had 80% erection but only for like 30 seconds .. 7 days with her i didnt *** at all..but in the last day i did and before just hours that she leave the hotel..i *** but not by f*** her , i had to jerk off to *** on her..yes jerk off with my hand !!!  i felt a bit better at least i could ***, now she left and we gonna meet again after 3 or 4 months and i promissed her that im gonna fix this and now iam 2 days without masturbation and im welling to stop it tell we meet again but im afraid that the same senario gonna happen even in the next time when we meet.. im afraid to loose her, please help me , what i should do? stop mastrubation? stop watching porn ?( its easy for me ) but stopping mastubation is not that easy !!!! thank you for reading
That must have been a horrible experience.

You know what you need to do to get better.  Stop masturbating, your penis has probably gotten so used to your touch that nothing else will do.  

If you want to continue with this woman or any woman in fact you should abstain from masturbation for a while.  You can do it if you put your mind to it and you really want to stop.
thank you so much for replying , yes its hard but im gonna do it and i will do it , i will not masturbate again hopefully when i meet her next time i will not feel embarassed again....i really hope that !
i have a question about masturbation , i need to stop it completely right? i mean not doing it only one or twice a week ( without porn )  just stop doing it for good till i meet her next time?
thank you again for replying GhostDog
Just another update

About 2 weeks ago I went to a strip club to have a little fun.  I had gotten a lap dance from 2 or 3 women and there was very little activity below my belt.  I was a little concerned but didn't lose my mind over it.

This past weekend I went on a date with a lady that I met about 3 weeks ago.  We went to a Reggae club had a few drinks and did some very close dancing.  I had a grade A erection that lasted a good while.  I didn't even try to hide it my jeans kept it in check but I'm sure she could feel it rubbing on her.  I must admit I felt proud!!!  I remember days when there would have been a big OUT OF ORDER sign hanging on my crouch.

I made my goal of two years and I decided it was okay for me to masturbate when I get those raging erections that can keep me awake at night.  I did thinking about a real woman that I know and it felt different from what I remember prior to rebooting.  I didn't have the urge to masturbation crazy.   I know as long as I keep porn out of my life I will be fine.  I got lucky and had sex later that same day and my erection was up with no complications.
I've been trying to stop watching porn for the last month or so. Thing is, everytime I start masturbating, I get bored and end up resorting to porn again. Yesterday I tried it with a stronger resolve against porn, and I ended up having to use lube so that I could ejaculate.

Is this something that'll go away the longer I don't watch porn? And lube, should I try avoid that so that I can be even more sensitive to the real thing? I have real bad ED problems so I'm trying everything I can.
Up until 2 days ago i had no idea what was causing my ED until after i Googled
"Too much masturbation"  which brought me to this forum and to YBOP and man i hit jackpot, The comments on this site hit so close to home that i can't stop reading them. I am a 57 year old male Have been Masturbating to porn of some sort since the age of about 17. started having regular sex around 21 no problems, Into my 30s (1980s)started having acassional ED when nervous sometimes during 3somes me and 2 girls, too anxious i guess. no internet porn exisited back then so it was mostly to magazines and later vhs movies which the wife and i watched together.Married 14 years never had ED with wife maybe because we watched porn everytime we had sex.   Fast forward to my mid 40s Divorced single live along the milennium arrives and also internet porn. No more back rooms of the adult video stores or magazines. I started masturbating 3-4 times a day plus a crack drug addition which did'nt help. My ED was in full force. Been drug free for about 6 years now but still masturbate to porn about 2 times a day.  recently my ED is like sometimey so i don't know what will happen once the clothes come off when im with a women until it's too late. I could have a hardon up until prepenetration then opps. I just wanna be up and adam always so reboot for me. I am on day 2 so
guys wish me luck  
I've been masturbating since I was 10 years old. I'm 30 now. I only started watching porn about 4 years ago and masturbated to it almost every night. I don't even like porn but I just got into the habit of doing it before going to sleep. I've never had much sex before. I love having sex but never really bothered me if I didn't get my leg over. About 10 months ago I knew there was something wrong with me. First sign was I got really tried after lunch time at work and wanted to sleep. I couldn't work as hard as I used too. I'm a tradie. Soon I noticed my Penis wouldn't getting as hard as it used to and would take longer to get hard and won't stay hard. I live in a small remote town so there is very little chance of pulling a girl.

I have been to the doc 4 times to try and sort this problem. I got heaps of blood test done but everything was good. The docs would give me ED pills and send me on my way. I knew this was not the answer I was looking for until I come across this page. A few months ago I started getting back into my fitness. Going for runs and hitting the gym.

A few months ago I had done well and pulled a few girls. Each time I would go back to their place, get into bed and I couldn't get hard. Even when they were giving head or a hand job. It was so embarrassing but I had alot to drink each time. It wasn't that long ago I would be rock hard before i even got my pants down when with a girl. How that has changed. I need help now. Wish i had those days back again.

In the past few weeks I have been going to the pub with this girl I really like. Shes been a good mate for 2 years now, we have slowly started to like each other. We would spend a few hours at the pub with our friends then go back to my place. We had been in bed together 3 times. Our first time wasn't great, I was only 70% hard and didn't come and was over in 3 or 4 mintues. Second time i couldn't even get it up. She  was so disappointed and I just wanted to die, third time was last week. I was again only at 70% hard and i could tell she wasn't enjoying it. So she got on top and within 30 seconds I had lost my erection. I had been drinking alot all these times and had also taking ED pills an hour before we went to bed. Now i haven't heard from her and feel like I've lost her. She is way more experienced than me and could go home with any guy she wanted. I guess the drinking has a big part to play in it too.

Now my anxiety is through the roof. All I can think about is the ED problem and how I can't make love t this girl who I care about so much. Its really starting to get me down. I don't want to lose her to someone else.

I have gone three weeks without porn or masturbating. I would play with myself a bit just to see if I can get hard. It takes a bit of work but I can get 85% hard but will loose it right away. I have no interest in watching porn again, I don't even like porn but it was a habit I got into. I don't really miss masturbating too much would would still like to do it every now and then. I still don't have morning wood yet but I have noticed I am having dreams now. Not sexual dreams. I can't remember the last time I had a dream I could remember in the morning.

I am so committed to this reboot. I just hope it all comes together sooner than later. I love to read about the success stories of people who have rebooted. It gives me a little light at the end of the tunnel.
Glad I found this site and topic. I am 33 and while I was not a once a day person, I would say on average 3 times a week but it was the amounts of time I was watching porn that started to concern me. I've been happily married for going on 12 years and find my wife very attractive but she works hard and alot and it just got easier to take care of things myself.

However the ED has been getting significantly worse over the last few years. It started slightly back in 2007 but didn't get to the point where I would go limp almost instantly til last year and could not feel any worse about this.

I have had Type 1 Diabetes since I was 5 so any time I have brought up my ED issues my doctor just said that it was probably the diabetes and gave me some pills to try out, and I thought maybe it was the diabetes. However, I do have the ability to get hard, just not maintain it like I need to. So I see it being less likely to be the blood flow like he wanted to make it seem and after reading all the info and this board I'm almost certain it's from the years of actively watching porn.

So I have started to force myself not only to eat better, get exercise (bought a stationary bike) and most importantly give up the PMO. I am on my 7th day (may be 8-9 can't remember when was the last time) and still feel like I have a completely dead penis. I am not overweight, 6'3 218lbs so that isn't a big issue.

I am just afraid of how long this is going to take to make things right again, because most days it feels like there is little to no response from my penis and that just makes me more depressed that I can't get it up for sex with my wife. We tried a pill a little over a week ago and while she was happy that we were able to have sex, it didn't even remotely feel hard to me. It was basically a semi-hard flaccid state.

After that long rant, my question is if anybody has experience if I should be avoiding relations of any kind with my wife or if I can go down on her and give her relief without it messing up my path back from this hell?
If you are committed to your reboot you will be fine.

Stop touching your penis unless you are going to have sex, layoff the porn and thinking about porn.  I was as bad off as you are when I was at my worse point I am pretty much fully recovered now.  

There is nothing worse than getting a woman in bed and being unable to perform.  I have not had a failure since I've rebooted but the anxiety still lingers its funny how the mind plays tricks on you.

If you want to improve your situation you have to have all the tools you need to succeed.  You must be dedicated to the reboot.

You are 30 years old you have a lot of shagging years ahead don't waste them.

Good luck
I have had several problems in the past couple years(During college) with ED. I would have trouble staying hard while having sex with girls. After doing some research I believe it is due to simultaneously watching porn and masturbaiting(like many many people do).

I have decided to try "rebooting" my brain and will be doing 90 days of no porn and no masturbaition.

I decided to keep track of my progress through a video log, here is my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi50B_mgpnxXlK5-lw1Yg8w Please SUBSCRIBE/LIKE/SHARE and support/follow me on my journey!
I checked out your video on YouTube, it will be very interesting to see the before and after. You might also want to keep track of your sleep patterns if possible.  

Yes your problems are the porn/masturbation combo.  There is no reason for a dude your age to be having ED issues.

Instead of 90 days no porn it should be an infinite number of days.  The reason I say that is because if you go back to porn after 90 days your also going back to your ED problems.  

I treat porn like it was a bad drug that I was addicted to no part of it no matter how small is any good.

I was in a hotel with a girl last week and she turned on the damn porn channel on the TV.  I didn't want to hear it or see it, with out looking like a freak I changed the channel the first chance I got.

Good luck and nice work.
I recently became involved with a man (52) with ED. When we have sex, pornography is on. He has a very hard time getting an erection. And if he gets an erection it doesn't last but maybe a minute. The only way he can orgasm is if I perform oral and he's watching porn. Porn is a major part of our sexul relationship. I like porn, but not every time we have sex. I want to be the one he orgasms for. I truly believe he has PIED. How can I bring this up to him?

To the board members and those who struggle with porn addiction: I write this as a cautionary tale to those who struggle with porn addiction and the consequences that come with it....

I am a 39 year old male who struggled with porn addiction/online stimulation and the horrid effects that it comes with it since 2004. The past 10 years of my use of porn for pleasure and escape gradually grew stronger and stronger each each year; along the way I lost my inability to have sex and intimacy, developed a low self-esteem and outlook for myself, ruined a marriage. This all culminated to late last year with me sitting in my car homeless and trying to find the courage to walk into Wal-Mart and buy certain car care product that I would use to commit suicide.

Prior to 2004 I was a very normal, shy, motivated individual who really just desired to find a girlfriend and the intimacy that comes with it. I had watched porn in my formative years; mostly by taking videos home from a mom and pop video I worked at for a couple of months and where I had a friend who worked there for a good amount of time.  But that was the extent of it. Sexually I was a very late bloomer, maybe not a bloomer at all. I did not lose my virginity until 1999 when I was 25; between losing my virginity in 1999 and 2004, I had 2 other sexual partners. They were ok experiences, nothing great by any means. Sex was not a priority with me. I just viewed it as something that comes with time. A tremendous part of my reluctance for sexuality I believe had to do with a couple of variables. The first being was the sexual abuse I suffered from a family member when I was 11 or 12 years old. I endured the most horrid type of abuse, I don't think I need to go into detail. Like most victims of that age, I never told anybody. I just kept it inside of me. And when I was old enough to fully understand what I had endured, you just have to live with it. Because if you were to tell your parents what this person had done to you. The hell and family torment would be overwhelming.

I began to masturbate at the age of 13, a lot. Masturbated all the way through high school, college, early to mid 20's. I developed terrible acne and had it all the way through high school and my early adult years. I have read where medical professionals don't believe that continual masturbation does not cause acne; they are very wrong. This also was very damaging to my self-esteem. I never had a girlfriend in highschool, early adult years, through my 20's. But I always  had a very normal outlook on sexuality.

In early 2004 broadband internet was installed in my home. For the first time I had access to the internet in the privacy of my home and room. I did not go online looking for porn, honestly; but I was curious about it. I recall purchasing a a website with a credit card. This is 2004, porn on the internet was not as available as it is now. As it turned out, my curiosity of  perusing porn and purchasing one website turned into a decades long ordeal that had me on the brink of ending my life.

For the next months and years, porn became a tremendous part of my life; sure I worked, tried to go to school, but porn was always at home waiting for me. But with porn, it's no different then a drug( for those of you who had read the effects of dopamine on the brain) you continually want a higher high. My higher high became looking for ways to go online and gain stimulation through real world experience. I recall signing up for a swingers site and creating profiles of couples, males, females, to lure pictures from members of those sites. And I became very good at it. When I got tired of porn for that day or week, then I would switch to ways of attaining online stimulation through what we call now "catfishing" people for pictures, etc.... I was just as turned on pretending to be a couple communicating with another real couple to meet for sex, then watching porn.
        Through the swigers site is where I had my first experience of not being able to become erect because of my porn use. I met a couple with a very attractive wife through a profile I created for myself in the summer of 2004. We met for drinks and went to a hotel. When things got steamy in the hotel, I got erect for 5 minutes and then nothing. I tried and tried for 45 minutes but could not. For the past 29 years of my life, I would get erect for eveything,  but all of a sudden with a beautiful naked woman in front of me, I could not get hard. We quit  after about an hour, the lady told me it was just nerves and next time I would do better. I took her for her word and just attributed it to nerves. I had always been a very nervous individual. I had no IDEA that I could not get erect because of my masturbating to porn.
           From 2005 and on, porn and online stimulation became a part of my life, no differnt then work, family, etc.... I went through a couple of relationships in that time. The sex was always average to below average. I could maintain an erection for a few minutes then lose it. Or I could not get one at all. As the years progressed, the erections for sex went from average to non-exisitent toward the end. I recall having sex with a girlfriend in 2007 and she could get on top of me and ride me for fair amount of time, not a freat amoint of time. By 2009 with a differnt girlfriend, there was no way I could no longer stay hard for sex with my girlfriend on top. As I mentioned, as time proggressed the inability to gain an erection became lesser and lesser. It had to do with the fact that my need and desire for porn grew stronger and stronger. More and more porn was becoming available; millions of videos, all types of porn. It was all there for free. My porn addiction was here to say and was not going away. I would not spend the night at my girlfriends house because I wanted to get home and masturbate to replies for the fake swinger profiles I had created. And if there were no replies, there was porn to watch.

In 2008 I came across an article that mentioned Craigslist was becoming a popular way for people to meet for relationships, sex, etc.... This is where my Craigslist addiction came to be. For the next 5 years, I would post and reply to ads through a number of aliases I created; all in the effort to get pictures( and sometimes videos) from unsuspecting people. I pretended to be couples, females, very attractive men. I became very good at this. Very good.
            I was able to hid my addictions very well from family and what little friends I had. In early 2010 I married a very beautiful, smart woman. We spent a lot of time apart and lived in different cities through the courtship and the first couple of years of marriage. There were a few times where I  was caught red-handed emailing people, etc, by her. We seemed to work though whatever turmoil I created.
           As my wife and I lived apart for the first couple of years of marriage; I was unfaithful to her a few times. I recall 3 episodes of meeting people online, 2 of those being horrid experiances. I recall meeting a couple at a hotel and they had invited another male also; we are all sitting there and the lady rubbing on my crotch, but it would not move, get erect. She asked whats wrong with you, and I said, oh its nothing. I excused myself to the bathroom. In the bathroom I tried to make myself erect but could not. I decided to sneak out of the room and went home. The husband called and left me a very mean voice mail after he found I I just bolted like that. Even before meeting this couple or anybody else, I knew that there was no way I could get erect; but my desire for stimulation was greater then anything. I had to have that real world stimulation, even if I knew there was no way I could perform seuxally.
        In 2012 researching ways to be able to get an erection, I came across an article that explained the many millions of men having problems getting and maintaining an erection because of the use of porn to masturbate. THAT HIT ME LIKE A TON OF BRICKS. After years and years of problems with erections, it was masturbating to porn that was causing my problems. I never had made the connection between the two. I figured it was just that I masturbated a lot. I never made the connection between masturbation and porn. I never knew there would be a psychologocil and biologicol connection between masturbating to porn and not being able to get an erection.
         The fix was simple though; dont masturbate and stop watching porn. Easy? Right?
          For the next 2 years I tried to quit, I could not. Tried every trick in the book. I could not. I posted on forums, emailed people. Did all the research. But I could not stop.Looking back I really needed professional help. I would go 2, days, 7 days, but I would do it again. I could not stop.
        My wife and I relocated to a new city in late 2012; I recall masturbating to porn the night before we left for our new home and me telling myself, this is the last time I do anything like this. When we relocated to our new home we didn't have internet for 12 days; I didn't masturbate, etc for those 12 days. By the 10th day I began to wake up with these insanse erections( morning wood). I thought this is F'n amazing. I really had not experienced that in years. But sadly for me, they installed the internet in our place a couple of days later. I really think just like an alcoholic that should not go anywhere near a bar, I should not have been alone with an internet connection. Days after having an internet connection I began to masturbate to porn. Weeks after having an internet connection, I began to "catfish" people though Craigslist.

There is a line we all cross in recalling certain episodes of our lives; and it's often a memory stiched in our brains. With me it's walking over to a K-mart and buying a calling card for a pay-per-use phone that I had. I was going to use this phone to text with people I had catfished online. I sit here to this day thinking what exactly was my mentality to walk over  to K-Mart and buy a calling card to lure in people. I have a beautiful wife who was at work, she was loving and supporting of me. Yet there I was going over and getting that card. I honest to god sit here and don't understand why I did that.... From that day on, my porn and addiction to online stimulation just snowballed. It got worse and worse every month. Believe it or not my wife found that phone with the texts from the people I met online on them; after that our marriage was never the same.
         I was unemployed in this new city, struggled to find employment. I was taking online classses that took up some of my time. My wife worked 10 hours a day. I had a lot of time to myself. With so much time, an addcition to porn and online stimulation that was just getting stronger and deeper each day. There was no stopping my fall. I would fall hard.
           Any normal minded person, if there wife would have found that phone filled with text from other women and couples; that person would have stopped that beahvior and work on the marriage, if it was worth saving. Not me. I think I was back watching porn and posting ads replying to ads within a week. In retrospect, my wife should have kicked me out that night when she found that phone. She didn't.  There were so many times when we would be at social functions and there would be other males there and would think to myself; he does not watch and masturbate to porn 4-5 hours a day. He's normal. Why can't I be like him. I honest to go would sit there and think that.
        The sex life with my wife was non-existent, there really was no sex life. I recall her mocking me a couple of times for us not having sex. I would tease her I needed 24 hours notice before having sex. The sad thing is I was partly being honest, cause I was masturbating 5-6--7 hours a day to porn and online stimualtion. There was no way I could get even semi-erect to have sex. Any man should be able to get erect just sitting next to his wife in bed; lying next to her. That is what passion and romance is. I COULD NOT DO THAT. I could not attain a glimmer of an erection being in  bed with my wife.
           Along with my porn addiction getting stronger, so was my desire for real world online stimulation. I often would post on Craigslist ads for a very attractive man looking for a sexual encounter( I took the pictures from a Facebook account of a Spanish male). This guy was a 10  out of 10 in the looks department. I would text and chat with the woman online( by this time I had figured out you could use online applications as ways to text and talk) and they would agree to meet for sex. I would give the women the address of the apartment building across from our building. I would give them an apartment number that did not exist. So the women would arrive get out of the car and look for the apartment; the whole time I am watching from the window masturbating. That is how low my addiction had brought me. I was litterally a peeping tom from my own home. Of course there was no apartment; they would get in the car and leave. I then would delete the text number I had created through the app.
          With my porn addicition came the idea of posting ads for women to work in the porn industry. I would have replies from women with pictures, videos, etc...... There was no limit to my desire for what porn did for me and the online stimulation..... NONE. I pretended to be just about every type of individual you could possibly think of. There was no limit to my desire for online stimulation. It was addicting as actual porn.
              My marriage just trudged along last year; going in and out of episodes of content to it being a nightmare. Fight after fight, etc. All cause of my behaviors. We continually made plans to seperate, leave the apartment. I was just taking it day by day until it was time to go. My wife stopped wearing her wedding ring a month or two back.
           Sometime last fall, my wife and I seemed to be on a healthy balance. We still were not having sex, but we slept together, went to church, social functions. She even started wearing her wedding ring again. I had so much to believe in. Because I really did love her. I even thought to myself, wow, look she's wearing her wedding ring again. Maybe there is a chance to fix this. Maybe they say it's true, love does overcome everything. I would sit there and look at my wife thinking, a million guys would give anything to br with her; yet I am the one with her.
          But as hard as it's to admit, my porn and online addiction continued. Day after day. One night after a night of having dinner with her friends; she came across emails from my "catfishing" I had left open. That night was our last day of marriage.
           I was given a date to move out and I did move out a couple of weeks later. The last 2 weeks I was given before I had to move out, I didn't eat, lost 11 pounds, and was just in personal turmoil. I confided in my wife for the first time my personal battles with porn and online addiction. But there was just to much damage to her. I caused this woman so much hurt and shame.
            I had limited resources on the day I moved out; my options were to stick around the city or drive back home to my mom's 10 hours away. The first night I stayed in a hotel, the second I slept in my car. The next few nights I would drive around the city, go to the library, eat in my car. It was pretty horrid. I was left with nothing. Nothing.

I worked at mental health facility years earlier and got to know a patient named "Mike". I remember him vividly. He was a really good looking guy, like movie star looks. He was very suicidal and continually told the hospital staff the day he get's out of the hospital he's going to kill himself. He stayed in that hospital for a long time. I remember putting like $25 of music and about a hundred songs I had on my Ipod, on an Ipod his brother had just bought got him, but it didn't have songs loaded on it.So I told him I would put music on it and if there was certain songs he wanted to write them down. I remember him giving me this big hug when he saw I put so much music on it. I can still see the smile on his face as I write this. Mike was discharged from the hospital and sent to a group home where be could be observed continually. The day he was discharged he went to a Wal-mart to pick up his prescribed medications. When he was there he bought candy and a bottle of anti-freeze for his brothers car.
           Later that night when the group home staff went into Mike's room to check on him as they did every half hour; they found him in the bathroom not breathing. He had ingested an entire bottle of medications and drank the gallon of anti-freeze. I remember him telling me once that he was going to kill himself in a peaceful way. Now I know what his peaceful way was.
            4 days after having to leave the home I shared with my wife, I sat in the middle of the night in a parking lot at Wal-Mart. I had a few hundred dollars to my name, not employed, and in a city where I didn't know anybody but my wife. This is to where my addictions to porn and online stimulation had brought me. I sat in the back of the Wal-mart in the dark. My idea was to buy 2 cases of Extra strenth tylenol, a bottle of anti-freeze and a gallon of water. I was not going to leave a suicide note. But I was going to leave a note  of how I wanted my funeral arrangements to be. I didn't want a service. Just a burial. And I only wanted my immidiate family and a handful of relatives there. Nobody else. Please respect my wishes.
           I thought of Mike and what he must of thought as he was doing it. I didn't have his motivation for death, but I wanted anything but what I was feeling..... I got so far as opening the door of my car. Closing it, and opening it again. Then Just sititing there. Then going outside walking around my car, going back in it. I did this for about an hour. I walked into the Wal-Mart and headed toward the Anti-Freeze. I looked up and down all of them. I recall the yellow Prestone ones, the blue Peak ones. Then it occured to me I was also looking at the prices. That was a real mind fuckk. I left that department and told myself I would come back in a few minutes. I never did.
            I have not looked, seen, or even had the desire to look at porn or anything related to online stimulation since that night my wife found those emails. My addiction to porn brought me to the lowest form  a person can live. It took so much fro me. My wife, future, self-esteem. It took so much fro my wife, cause my wife was a big part of my family. But There was only so much she could take. I knew my wife for the better part of 10 years; through friendship, long distance friendship, boy -friend and girl- friend, and marriage. Through all the years of knowing her, what I have left is a last meeting of her yelling and totally dehumanizing me; explaining  to me what I was, what I had done.  And I never saw her again.
            I write this to all those out there in a battle with addiction to porn, online stimulation, and these type of demons that possess you. If you can not quit in your own, I plead you to seek help from any avenue you can get. Take no shame in contacting a professional where you live or online. Porn took so much from me and took me on a course I never in a million years thought I would be on. I am picking up the small pieces of my life and trying to make the best of it. It is so difficult. It's hard to deal with it every day. Yes, I wake up most days with full erection; I have not had sex but qutting porn does give you back your manhood and erections. I got mine back, but at what cost............ I pray for myself everynight and I always inlclude those who battle what I went through. PLEASE GET HELP AT ANY COST.

Thanks for sharing your story and being candid about your intense struggles.

You definitely have walked through the fire and have come out the other side.  

STAY FOCUSED!!!!
hey i am only 21 i want to share that i master-bate 1 time a day i have experienced some erection problem is this cause of impotency pls enlighten me should i stop master-bating
I know that porn can cause ed. But I also heard that being circumcised can cause ed to has any body else heard of that
I'm circumcised and it was not the cause of my ED, I guess it is possible though.  Porn was the reason I had developed ED.
Just wanted to share my progress. Up to 39 days with no porn or masturbation. Things have slowed down a bit right after 30 days. My sex drive was really coming back the first 3 weeks of no PM, now it's not bad like it was but it's kind of calmed down down there. I gotta get back to exercising as well. I was doing great with it but got really sick 2 weeks ago and suffer from diabetes so it took quite a while to fully get better. I look forward to getting closer to 60 days then where I'm at. I've read reports that things do slow down after 30 days but you just keep going with it.

Just a hopeful message to people suffering through this, that it does get better. I'll take slight improvement and the ability to not go limp during intercourse and not being afraid to try versus what I was feeling.
Thanks so much for your story. I am glad to read this b/c it means you're still alive. I truly believe you're meant to help others that struggle with the things you went through, so that they won't travel the same path. Thanks again and I look forward to hearing about your progress. Thanks again.
I began reading this forum about a month ago and since have not watched any P nor M....  I am currently married and plan to stay married. . . I knew I had ED prior to getting married and I didn't want to disappoint my wife sexually... so I tired to stop P&M. . . no luck for the first couple of mths... I would watch P and M... I found this forum and have been doing great since.  I plan to stay away from P&M and just enjoy my wife. I am truly grateful for this forum and the many helpful posts. I say to all if you truly want to enjoy sexual intimacy with a real woman stop ALL P&M. Find something else that you enjoy doing to bring balance to your life.

Here to be supportive while being supported.
I think you are all very strong to admit that you have a problem and that you need help.I myself have the same problem and have tried to stop but failed. I found this website while doing school work and started to read some comments. I especially liked GhostDogs story. If there are any other tips anyone has, please share.
Hey Cman,

I sent you a message.

Keep in mind what caused you to fail on your previous attempts.  I strongly believe that its important to not forget the feelings of embarrassment, feeling like less of a man, not being able to satisfy a woman because you can't perform etc.  Use those bad feelings as rocket fuel for your PIED reboot engine.  

Knowing the hell and destruction that it caused in my life I have no desires to look at porn.  I use no Internet block at all, I just don't want it in my life.  

Remember this is a fight, I'm here to help out where I can.

GhostDog
Sorry for same second message, my finger slipped.
Just wanted to express my thanks for the messages I have received; and I pray for those who struggle with this every minute of everyday. For those of you struggling with porn and masturbation; please scroll up and read what it did to my life. And use it as a tool and motivation to set your course straight or get professional help if required. I never admitted to myself through the ten years of addiction that I had a problem. I thought I could always quit, but I really could not.............. My advice is no matter the stage of addiction, or problem you have, call and talk to somebody. Talking to somebody will help you so much. There are a ton of 800 help-lines. Struggling with porn and the effects of it has one common thread; it's a secret to the person struggling with it. You will feel much better and have a new insight if you can just get it off your chest. If you want to speak with me, send me a private message; after we exchange an message or two I would be more then happy to speak with you on the phone and offer anything you might need. If it's just somebody to talk to about your struggles, I am ok with that..... God bless guys
I've been staying porn free since my reboot and I still don't miss porn at all.  I have no desire to view it even when I'm presented with surprise advertisements on the Internet or the attempted baiting by non porn sites to drive traffic towards porn site.

I started masturbating again because I was horny *** heck and while I'm getting sex its not on a regular basis.  I got a little happy with the M and noticed I was doing it a bit too frequently so I'm going to stop for a while and get my self back in check.

I seriously forgot how dating can be and getting to know new women.  Its bitter sweet to say the least.

Just checking in and Stay Strong
You know Ghostdog; think part of being normal again after recovery is being able to masturbate like a regular guy. All my married friends, single, or those attached all do it. But one thing that is common with them telling me is there is no porn involved. Never. They tell me they masturbate in the shower after work, at home cause this really hot women was wearing something tight at work and they were turned on, cause the wife is out of town. But they never  say, hey I masturbated watching porn last night. They masturbate like 98% of the men out there, the way is should be................ I really don't think there is nothing wrong with recovered men masturbating. The only thing is we have a past that placed masturbation in an ugly light. Long as there is no porn, and you are well removed from ED and the porn connection, I think it's more then ok. So to all those guys out there with this battle, nobody says you can't ever masturbate again; you just need to recover and really start from zero.
I agree with you 100% but I think moderation is the key as with most things.  I need to chill out on the M for a while and keep in mind moderation is the key.

Definitely no porn at all though.

Hi everyone,

Been reading for a few days.  Have not gone more than a few days without porn in many years.  I think the ED got worse quickly when streaming porn became popular.

I also have low normal (but low for my age) total testosterone with regular free testosterone.  Furthermore, my sperm showed abnormal morphology when I couldn't get my ex-wife pregnant 5 years ago.  

Anyways, I have had a wonderful GF for 3 years, but in that time I have also discovered streaming porn.  I think streaming porn speeds up the exposure and desensitization process, especially if you skip around a lot.  I'm curious if the guys here tend to watch one movie and relish it (like Don Jon) or skip around a lot.  I wonder if relishing a single video might be much less damaging.  

I'm actually a physician and a psychiatrist.  Some of my work is with sex offenders.  Believe me, they don't teach you about PIED in medical school anywhere!  

Anyways, I suspected masturbating to porn, or excessive orgasming in general, has been related to a few things.  I'll list the suspicions.  Some are strong, others are more speculation.

1. ED (of course).  This one I'm pretty sure about
2. Difficulty feeling more attracted to my GF.  Relating to her as a gratification object.
3. Breast development back in my teens (had surgery for it)
4. Low Testosterone as described above
5. Abnormal sperm morphology.  I've read some fertility experts speculating that with sperm production sped up, sperm are, for lack of a better description, pushed out of the nest too fast before they are mature.
6. Depression.  Serotonin is highly involved in orgasm in the spine.  Our most powerful antidepressants often make orgasm much more difficult.  What if this mediated the effect?  Very speculative of course and not the only explanation for depression.
7. Testosterone is implemented in insulin sensitivity, waist circumference, lipids, and other associates of diabetes (more specifically metabolic syndrome).  Someone months ago posted about being able to weight lift more after being stuck at a certain weight for many years.

I quit a week ago.  A few days ago I found this thread and other online confirmation for the PIED theory.  I was amazed that I was able to quit a week ago, cause I've almost never been able to quit more than a couple days.  Insomnia usually got in the way of quitting, but this time chamomile tea helped every night...

WELL NOT TONIGHT.  That's why I'm posting.  I'm dying here guys.  I swear to god my balls feel swollen with ***.  I can't sleep.  I have to work tomorrow and need sleep!  I'm more turned on than I remember feeling for years. That's good, right?  Still no major erection, but that's not the point.  The point is that my GF is not interested in being woken up for a quickie.  My HR is elevated, I'm almost short of breath.. I'm fricking AROUSED.  Again, a little disappointed that I am so aroused and not actually erect, but it's only been a week.

Every little movement has me hot and bothered.  I feel crazy!  I just took a shower which helped a little.  I don't want to cave as I've never come this far.  What makes it even harder is that every day that I hold off, I know the orgasm will b twice as good.  Does that make sense?  I'm assuming I'm not the only one who has drastically more *** if he waits a few days.  If I was to masturbate now, it could be mind blowing.  Like I said, I don't think I've ever gone a week.

I'm trying to link pain to the bad decision (messing up a wonderful relationship) and pleasure to the good decision.  My body is not cooperating!!!  Ahhh!  There are no words.  Could it be OK just to masturbate without porn?  It's just rationalizing.  I know I should go some time not orgasming at all.

There is so much more to ramble about.  Porn is empowerment in the face of perceived deprivation (often with repressed anger).  Anyways, I should be using some coping skills.  
Whew!!!!

"2. Difficulty feeling more attracted to my GF.  Relating to her as a gratification object."

If you want to improve your situation you MUST leave porn alone.  The effect that viewing porn has on the mind is the reason for #2 in your list.

I've had some nice GF's while my mind was jacked up with PIED and I treated them well but I could not form a proper emotional bond with them.  I was just going through the motions and I would often hear that I was not romantic and the reason was that emotionally I was not able to feel.

Difficulty sleeping is normal and it will pass after a short while.  I had to take over the counter sleep aids to get to sleep and that helps tremendously until I was able to get a good nights sleep without assistance.

Streaming porn is like an alcoholic having a bar with a bartender in their living room that's open 24/7 365.  

The key to beating this is self control and discipline.

Good luck and stay strong
Masturbating to porn for 10 years ruin my marriage and personal life...... Yes, I was addicted to PornTube channels; where I would go from casting porn, to asian porn, to latina porn, gloryhole, etc..... The advent of PornTube Channels about 5 years ago or so took my addiction into levels that really required me to be hospitalized for the addiction. I never got the help I needed. My wife forced me to leave, and I really wanted to commit suicide. And I honestly don't know how I didn't do it. Because I could not get a glimmer of an erection, my wife and I never had sex. Thin once in 14 months. I was so mentally out of it with porn; I never noticed what it was doing to my marriage in regards to intimacy. I figured it was a problem that will solve itself. Just think about it I feel like punching this computer screen........ Please, please get help. Get help online, see a therapist. Please reach out to a professional and get it off your chest.
Thought I let every one know where i'm at after 3 months without watching porn. I went the first 40 days with out masturbating. This almost send me mad. Could feel depression coming on and my anxiety was through the roof. After 40 days I started masturbating once a week. I have noticed a few things. When I wake up in the morning I can remember having dreams through the night  This something I didn't have for the past 3 years when watching porn. Some mornings I would wake up with a semi morning wood. This was also something I didn't have before.

When it comes to sex I still can't get turned on. Its so F&*king annoying. I would have a girl giving me oral sex and I don't feel anything. Don't feel horny and can't get hard. I really don't know where I'm going to do from here.  Any advice???
How long were you heavily in to porn before you stopped.

I can take a while to get back to normal it took me quite a while to get back in the road to feeling normal.  I comes in stages but the main thing it to keep on avoiding porn.

If you can't get turned on then your mind is probably still craving porn.  If you don't feel horny and can't get hard don't rush it.  

When you do masturbate are you thinking about porn related things???  Do you even still think about porn or certain scenes?

what pills do you take?
I was watching porn almost every night for the last 2 years. I never watched porn before. It was all soft porn i would watch. Mostly amateur porn, like home made videos. I'd watch it almost every night for about 15/20 minutes before going to bed. I have no interest in porn anymore. Giving porn up was easy. I don't miss it at all. When I masturbate I only think of a girl I like. Porn is no longer apart of my life.
I have spent 3hrs reading posts from forum,I have had embarrassing moments with female,everything ends today.
That's Great!!!

This forum is a good place for support and to share what you are going through.  Don't loose your momentum.
Thanks ghostdog,am 37yrs i've been into porn and masturbation for more than 20yrs i've never had Ed until 6yrs ago when my tool starts disappointing me,all this years i've been working with write UPS that says masturbation is ok,i've been doing this at least 4 times a week this makes me tired all the time.anytime am with a lady my **** is strong but as soon as she gets neked my **** just fall flat and nothing can bring it up,am happy to find this blog I can't imagine this blog have been going on since 2006 all the same am glad to meet real people that shares my worries, I quit smoking 3yrs ago and I believe I can do this,enough of this madness this is my day 2 and am ready fight this.thanks guys.
Hi all !
I am so very glad that I have found this forum.... I have not read all the comments but I will soon. I am here to ask for somebody's help.... regarding my boyfriend. I think I am quite sure he has similar problem like other guys here. Porn addiction. Let me give you some details...
We have been together for about 3 and half years. I have not suspected anything in the beginning, he told me he always had troubles with "release", all the "man's" excuses, ' I have trained myself to last forever', ' its more important to me that you enjoy it' etc. so I believe him and to be completely honest, I enjoyed it as it was good to be at it for longer than it ever was with other guys... On other hand, i think that I always had a suspicion that there was something else... We had a good sex life in the first few months, he had NEVER problems to get a massive erection.  But he would never come. When the first love pink glasses disappeared, I started to wonder why he cannot climax or achieve orgasm... He used to wank with me, he would do it on his belly with his penis facing down, stimulated by his legs and hands... He would achieve orgasm and ejaculate like that in the past. I am not sure when exactly but it felt like OVERNIGHT that all changed. He would not even masturbate with me and our sex life was close to none. We are still young, he is only just 26 and Im heading towards 30 (dont comment!!! haha). He started to make excuses, tired, hungry, stressed, etc... So cut long story short, I have a weird sixth sense and I had a hunch... 8 months ago I have went into his laptop. What I discovered broke my heart. He was looking up porn A LOT. I work away two nights a week so of course every night he would spent up to 3 hours looking through porn to finally find something he liked and got off on... but he would also look up what he could download for later... and he would do this when I was at home! I would be in the bedroom and he was in the living room looking up what he can download.. If you feel resentment in what I am writing, you are right. But it comes from the hurt that all this has caused me... Anyway. Those months ago, I was shocked and hurt. I could not believe that he was spending so much time with porn when I made myself so available ( I was the one almost begging for sex!). We had bad fight, then the apologies, promises, my time trying to find solution... he promised he.d changed. He read some stuff and said he would give it a break, go off porn and not masturbate for a month to get better. Month went by and nothing changed... then I managed to get through him to start to masturbate traditionally. This has showed progress - his erections were (and are) much better. But still no orgasm or ejaculation. In all the time we have been together (3,5years) he climaxed less than 10 times...
So last week, I got this sixth sense hunch again. Went into his laptop.... and I could not believe what I was seeing. Porn again. I was lucky to discover it as he deleted history and most traces well. But not well enough.. Not really sure what to write now because I want to scream and insult him because he hurt me so much! Wonder why? Because he LIED to me! He was lying for last few months.... thats why he wasnt getting better because he gradually went back to porn. I am in tears now writing this, my stomach is in knots because I am at the end of my strength.. We had a talk about it and this time I didnt hold back. I was completely honest with him about how it makes me feel bad about myself, because instead of trying with me he turns to porn when I am not at home. I should probably say that we have a good sex life when it comes to it, both are pretty good at it and I personally had never any complaints.. I also did a lot with my ex-boyfriend, he was very experimental. I am open person, I am not ashamed to talk about sex or my desires, fantasies etc..
But now I am at the end of the road. I want to help him so much, that is why I am writing here. If I was a *****, I would just leave him right then. But I am giving him second chance, because I really believe he is the one... he is absolutely amazing otherwise and we get on so well, we have good fun together and loads of cuddles, kisses, touches. It is only the sex that is the problem. Because it went on for so long and because he lied to me, I am constantly worried he is doing it again. He said he would change but since then he did not do anything to get help. He did not look up anything online. He didnt come forward with solution. I am not sure what to do? I now know how sensitive this problem is for him.. but how can we work on it if we do not talk about it? He says we could try taking video of ourselves or buy me some saucy lingerie but I feel that that is not the right way to go? I feel he is just trying to re-act something that he saw in porn... and I feel like I am the substitute and the porn is the master, the queen. Rather than the opposite way, sadly. Am I being reasonable to ask him to give up the porn for me? I even said not forever, just till he gets back to normal... although I dont understand why he would need porn when I am available almost every day... I think I became to hate porn because it is destroying our relationship. I know that is crazy and my boyfriend is to blame too, he could have just giving it up. Now that I wrote it down...maybe I am just not worth it for him to give it up? To get better? If anybody had a few words to say, I would much appreciate it... really kind of broken here..

Thank you for reading.
this is so ******* hard
been a year and a half since i made my first post here
i use pmo as a getaway from all the things i should be doing in my life
it is the greatest drug for the biggest of all procrastinators
i cant even stay off of it for more than two weeks
anytime im alone with an internet connection, i relapse
with what I read it's really heart breaking for you,personally your man is not ready to help himself,everything you suspected is true,masturbation and porn is more addictive than drugs,myself when I gave it up I really mean it I  gave enough years and time and I don't want to live in a fantasy world anymore,my advice is if you really love him you be the cop to police him,anytime you discover his dirty doings don't just keep it to yourself confront him and let him know you are tired of fake promises,while you do that try to upgrade your home lingeries get some more revealing and wicked lingerie to add some spice,and good luck
Thank you... I will try to police him but it is up to him, after all. I can only hope... Its really sad how this 'innocent' thing can affect both partners in the relationship where everything else works absolutely perfect ! He admitted his addiction to porn the other day and talks much more now... little step forward. I will stand by him for last time - third time lucky...or not.. Good luck to all of you guys, I hope you can kick it! There is so much more to be doing with a girl rather than a screen.... and hand! I personally know that if my man can overcome his addiction and get back to 'before porn', I am soooo making it up to him for all those lost years...... And there is a real girl for EVERY ONE OF YOU !! Thank you for encouragement :)
I am 32 years and started masturbation at age 15. Things have changed down the lane but i was so ignorant to recognize and stop. i do it 3-4 times a week. Whenever i felt stressed out, i will run and masturbate without any stimulation or pornography. I could focus on a girl i so desire and that is enough to urge me on.
I began to feel uncomfortable when i started going out with girls. My penis will have to be rubbed before it can stand. and i hardly get an erection after ejaculation. Now i wanna marry and im afraid to disappoint my woman coz i see maself having the following challenges.
1. premature ejaculation
2. Weak erection/unsustained erection
3. Severe waist pain after ejaculation
4. Ejaculating without feeling any sense of orgasm
5. Dont remember the last time i had a morning erection

Did a hormone test and all my hormones are normal including testesterone leves

ive decided to give myself a looooooooog booting period and see improvement before i finally marry. Guys pls, quit masturbation as early as u can. I regret each day of my life.
Viewing 2801-2992 comments: