Men's Health Community
Too much porn/masturbation cause ED?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Viewing 3201-3240 comments:
Ok, Thank you. I have started school, so I will be more focused on that.

I hope I can get the chance to start working out too, I feel really confident.
I have been on Your Brain on Porn for couple days now reading and making myself knowledgeable. Now I know what has been happening, and the various  stages I am going to go through during recovery.

Thanks again for the advice.
its very easy to slip, you should post here more, so you can keep track of your own progress. recovery depends on how much porn you watch a day.
Hey. It works!! I have managed to see a huge change in my life since i stop masturbating. I can now handle my relationships with total ease unlike before. I now realize that if you can manage to persist through and through no matter what comes your way. I am talking of relapsing and thinking may be you can't do it. You shouldn't give up. I has taken me 12 months to realize this positive change. You can do it as well and am positive that you guys out there can do it as well. good luck. The struggle continues.
Personally, I didn't stop watching porn and masturbating to help me with my relationships or feel better socially - I have no problems with those.

I just want my f***ing erections to be hard like a rock again, like they used to be when I was a teen, and not semi-hard like they are today.

if you dont stop you wont get erections, and your sexual orgasm will not be as intense as pleasurable. once you stop attributing porn with masturbating, and just mbing, you will find it easier to abstain from masturbating. You will need to commit to wait longer in between porn/mb. if you do it once every day or 2 days, make it 3 days, and then 4. you will need to find something that needs to be done to distract you, such as working out, playing games(but not excessively),building something,
Ok, since 2014 Oct. 20 my official start date of tracking my recovery, I haven't slipped. I notice no physical changes but I don't expect to until after several months. Emotionally I feel a whole lot better though. Feel more confident and not feeling tired and drained.
I am a married female and I used to think porn and masturbation was acceptable and a normal part of a mans life. Up until two months ago my husband and I began having sexual problems. He wasn't getting hard until he masturbated. I began feeling pretty bad thinking there was something wrong with me. I could not figure out why suddenly he could not get hard. And even when he did it was never a full erection. I began searching for a solution thinking it was me that was the problem, or he just wasnt attracted to me anymore. I stumbled across this article and reading all of your comments sounded so familiar. So I went back and checked our internet history and found that his porn usage has been on a steady increase for the last 6 months or so. I printed out alot of the the responses  to read to him. He came home from work and I brought up my concerns. yes, it was a difficult conversation, but I also know what happens to a marriage when you don't communicate. He was a bit embarrassed at first. But thanks to all of you, he admitted that his porn had increased and he had noticed a problem with his erections but figured it was because he was tired. He agreed to give up porn and I agreed to those 2:22am wake up's. So thank you all for your honesty. It helped him see that he was not alone.
You talk about not masturbating for a couple of days, then three days. FYI, I haven't masturbated or watched porn in around 20 days. It'll say on my tracker when I post this message. Before that, I hadn't masturbated to porn in over two months.

I had my first wet dream in months/years tonight. I hope that's a sign that I'm recovering.
Hey,
how did you get that tracker?
May I do one for myself?
never mind I got it :)
I think the tracker just boosted my motivation. So far I have not noticed any physical changes but I feel a whole lot happier and I feel more confident about facing problems and people that I usually find excuses and back away from.
recovery methods are different for everyone. if you have gf/bf, certainly use them as part of the recovery process. for singles i guess you can still mb, but with out porn. I think the first thing is stop associating porn with masturbating, if you can seperate these you can recover
Go through withdraws can make you feel like crap, because thats what it does. as we said before porn, overstimulates you, to desensitivity
Odey12 : it seems to be on the rise, especially with inventions of smart devices. theres a couple of wives that come on this site complaining about thier husbands or bfs erections. Most likely he will still continute to watch and jerk off to porn, what he needs to do abstain for porn for a week or more, and have sex with you, so that the recovery process can be natural orgasms, by a female. its going to be difficult since porn is only 1 click away. you should also try to find out why he is becoming depedant on porn.
jajaJM, the recovery actually depends on how much you masturbate, and watch porn.

=
I decide to stop not only PMO but fapping overall. I am going completely off the activity. For me, fapping will only tempt me to start watching again, I dont want to run that risk. Plus, I feel a less tired now, and I feel good just being free from it all.

I got exposed to porn from I was a child and basically grew up hiding and watching, I have been watching porn and masturbating from I was around 12 til I am 31, that's 19 years of my life programming my brain to one habit, the longest. I rarely made it over a month without doing any of that activity.

After watching the videos on 'Your Brain on Porn', listening to Gabe Deem and others from Youtube has greatly motivated me to just be free from fapping overall. Reboot Nation is a good motivator too. With all the knowledge I have gained over the past two weeks, I am committed to over coming this habit. Yes, I know the potential of relapse is there, but, I am conscious of the fact that it's been 19 years so it might not be a one shot thing. But hey, I am not going to give up. I feel I have a purpose to stop, recover and share my story as well. So, I am not just doing this for me, I am doing this for everyone else who is battling, and also to educate those who dont know.

Wish me luck... or pray for me :)
I went to see a doctor who is also a sexologist and a hypnotist. He told me I seemed to have no physical problems, and thinks that my problem is psychological.

He said he believes all I need to do is stop watching porn and masturbating, and just to chill out, cos he said I was too stressed out, too tense. He recommended physiotherapy, sophrology and yoga.
Yea, I agree with the doc to just chill, and go with your plan to cut off the porn and masturbation. If you're into the other therapies he suggests, well I guess it wont hurt.

I put three youtube links below, I hope it isn't rejected by the system.

This dude is talking about no fap and the tremendous effects he is having at day 34, 63 and 90.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAPFKqeCd4w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zzk4l4j4qo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5Nbs8sd6Rs

Stay motivated! peace!
Hi JagaJM and thanks for your encouragement !

I had a quick look at those youtube videos, and the guy was talking about how not fapping has given him more concentration power, more confidence etc... maybe there is  a bit where he talks about stronger erections but I couldn't be bothered to watch the entire videos lol

I am not really interested in all the benefits not fapping can bring to you. All I want is my rock-hard erections that I used to have when I was a teen to come back. So I'm not interested in listening to all those guys on Youtube talk about personal development, self-confidence, having more energy and motivation and ****. :)
ok cool, fair enough SammyWinchester.

I will summarize it for you.
No fapping + no porn for several months will eventually reboot your brain and give you back that solidness that you want. That's it. But you can't watch porn again.

I dont think there is a quick fix. You just have to stop fap and porn and just live life without those two activities and later down you will see great results.

I have kicked the habit and decided to just do other things, going back to school now, sleep, watch cleaner movies lol. listen music whatever. As long as it does not involve fapping or porn, or anything addictive. I am good.

I hear and read from everyone who was addicted to PMO and stopped, once they cut off the habit completely, no more testing out how far along you are, no more porn, no more taking a one stroke off, after couple of weeks. Those are the guys I read about that have the best results the fastest (or those who are in a relationship, with an understanding partner. It helps to rewire the brain faster when doing normal sex without porn).

I am here to share my progress also, in case you want to hear how I am coming along. Physically I am starting to notice a little stronger erections. I can only assume in another 3 - 5 months it will become a lot more solid. So I am motivated. I think I will get it back as it once was when I was a teen too.

I installed this App on my phone called days, similar to the ticker below that shows how many days along we are without slipping. I use that too to help build up my consistency.

If anything else, you can hit me up.

Stay strong man, the best is yet to come. peace.
Cool man, thanks for all the advice. I think a lot of us who are (or were) addicted to porn find it hard to believe that porn alone is causing us to have less libido and weaker erections...

I mean, when I was younger, I used to watch porn and fap all the time, and my erections were always hard... but I guess with age and experience you have to be a bit more careful, and you need more stimulation to be sexually excited... I am 29 years old btw.

Where are you from Jaga ?
I am 31 from Jamaica.
i DID not need to look at any youtube vidoes, or go to some forum, and listen to how people drone on and on about how they stopped masturbation/watched porn. i think its better to stop watching porn first, because you will need to train your brain to stop associated porn with mb. i still do fap, every 4-5 days, and the orgasms are very good, but not the ed issue, i still do get random morning wood, and sometimes in the daytime as well. i do get an urge to watch porn, but i never do anymore. i think the best thing would be keeping you busy, not with sex though. even if you have a gf or someone, you can fall back to old habits because your thinking about sex. The best way to stop is to stop associating porn with fapping, and seperate these too, because its mainly the porn that is triggered.

personally i think all the sites, and youtube video, is about gaining attention to themselves, to validate their own struggles.
i can assure you your erections will get stronger, i still masturbate, but i completely eliminated porn for more than a month already. i still have ed, but it wasnt as severe as several months ago when i also "floppy" penis when taking a **** and when having an erection. the recovery does depend on how long you did it. i already notice some changes, still have ED though. still cant get hard by the though visual stimulation(only if includes tight clothing, or prolonged visual stimulation"
This is my first day on the road to recovery.
Thanking you all in advance.
Thanking you all in advance.
All the best.

I have been noticing that I am getting stronger erections while having a conversation with a sexy female.  I can see the effects of PMO are slowly wearing off.  I am giving it time.  I have set a 90 and a 180 day time span to see any significant changes.  I am noticing some positive effects already and I am at day 30.  

I really have made up my mind to fight any type of urge or interest to watch or look at anything that may cause me to slip.  So far I have changed my web setting to safe mode and not getting distracted by any of my former triggers, be it pictures on Facebook or any erotic literature. I am really on a path to just reboot my brain/ and mind.  Total mental cleansing.  I think it will speed up the process.

Peace.
Thank you man
Cool man, make sure you come back here and give us updates on the progress you're making !
i dont know about sexy stories, but that requires you to use your brain more, in porn, there is actually decrease blood flow to the brain, means you dont use your brain as much, imagination is good for the brain, may not be in this case though.
i dont think doing anything to your internet will work, since you have control over it you will always be able to unlock it.
Also setting a date like 90-days, 200 days, is setting up for failure, as it convinces yourself in your mind that you can only achieve that far. its better to think you can surpass, by not trying to fap/porn everyday. the only way i see you can solve the internet issue is to cancel your ISP subscribtion to the internet company if you want extreme measures.
Ok, thank you for that advice.  I understand and see your point about setting the days.  But my objective is just one of seeing how long it too for certain changes to happen. So i can take note of it.  when those days have come, I will continue still.  Its not a goal to get there and that's it, but its a lifestyle change, those are just mile stones along the way. That's how I view it.

Also I changed on the internet is to prevent unnecessary things popping up in my searches on Google several days back. Yet, the progress I have made so far, whether safe search is on or off doesn't matter to me. (I agree it wouldn't work if I was struggling at that level).  Whenever I am doing anything and I see images that would normally cause me to start wandering off towards porn, I just close it and dismiss it before the feelings get strong enough to overwhelm me.  Every once in a while I may take a peak at a sexy pic (not x-rated) but not long enough to cause me to want to see porn.  Disconnecting ISP is a little extreme for me, that would mean I should not use internet anywhere, but I have lost the interest to view porn and I have no thoughts to masturbate.

Point to note, I have been a little friendly with a girl that's close to me, and I have been getting stronger erections than before when she is standing beside me or hugging me. The erections come faster, and they are lasting a little longer before going back down. This is actually good.  That's more progress. I wasn't even thinking about sex.  My body is just reacting naturally.  Even with all that sexual tension building up, I have no desire to fap.  I really feel confident about the progress so far.  I'd rather have sex than fap.  Still not having  any strong morning wood though.

I do realize I am not all that shy anymore speaking to females I meet on the road for the first time, conversations are flowing without me feeling anxious or fearful of saying something wrong lol.  I dont have that lingering guilty feeling anymore. Overall I just feel... happier.

Peace.
Is my post clear and understandable?

I notice I have been writing longer responses in text messages now? trying to compose well thought out ideas as i communicate.

hmmm...
i wrote a large response but there was an error and it dint post, ill just rephrase.
you seem to be recovering, you should have sex with the girl if she is that kind of girl.

My progress: i have been getting stronger erections, more easily erect, get wood when lying on my side only, in bed. its still unlike those when i was in my teens and early adulthood.
Still the ED issues to overcome, cant get erect when i want. i am still a virgin, thats why its going to take longer than people who have partners, or have sex regularly.
i stop mb every 2 days and every 4 days, i am first time in a week.
Now that i think about it, i mightve had ed longer because i wasnt aware of it.
Do you sleep on your back or side?
on my side i can feel the blood pressure and flow rushing to the lower half of body where i am lying on, combined with the clothes it causes a autoerection long lasting. happens when i go to sleep and wake up sometimes.
Have you tried sleeping on your sides, erections depend on your blood pressure in that area.
I gave in on Saturday :-(

Was watching videos of strangers having cyber sex on Chatroulette and Omegle... it was something I'd never really seen before... I got really excited and went too far, unfortunately :(
Well, she kinda wants me to do it, but I have other things I am concerned about because we work together.  I know if it happens, it wont be a frequent thing, and i may want more and end up slipping back. I would rather to have my own girlfriend where I wont be severely limited.  Felt the urge tonight to watch porn, my mind ran on one of the stars i usually gazed on, but I am ignoring it, I think its because of my frequent arousal from my friend and I want to release.  Not falling for it though.  

As it relates to sleeping, I tend to fall asleep on my belly faster. But i often wake up on my side.  I have a slight erection in the morning, when I wake up on my side.  Its not like teen or early adult either as you mentioned.  I will start paying closer attention to my state when I wake, whether side or back or back.
Hey, I hope you are not being too hard on yourself.  You are still making good progress.  You went 30+ days without it.  that's great!! from everyday or every other day to 30 days, that's a good stretch of time in between.  Brush off your battle wounds soldier you still have more grounds to cover.  Do not give up,  even if your feelings cause you to binge, just continue.  The road to full recovery is a long one.  

So now you now Chatroulette and Omegle are sites that can trigger you.  So you can add that to your list of things that you throw behind you.  Key thing to do is just to move on.  Dont be overwhelmed by the feelings, that's dopamine trying to get you hooked again.

looking forward to seeing you continue on the progress your making.

Peace.
Thanks Jaga, I've read all your posts and you seem like a really cool, intelligent guy.

I'm trying to focus on the positive. I mean, I masturbated to orgasm only twice in like three months, surely that's not so bad !

No chance of me going on a binge. I am disciplined enough not to do that. It would help if I had a girlfriend or at least a regular sex friend though... then I would be satisfied sexually, I wouldn't feel so horny and wouldn't feel the need to look at porn...

you should reread some of my previous post, about separating porn/ from mb sessions. when you get the urge, just masturbate, but not watch porn, this will help train ur brain to not be stimulate dor desired for porn. this is how i am doing it right now, I often think about a porn as afterthought, but never get around watching it, not even sexy pics i dont mb on these anymore.  what i am doing is increasing the amount of days between mb sessions only, ive completely eliminated pure porno. if a real girl turns you on and you have desire to watch porn, mb instead. Ive been snooping online, even non-porn addicts will mb when they met a hot girl in public,they mb while showering or in secret. i know some people like doing cold turkey, but it seems to fail alot. recovering from porn is easy, but from ED it will take some time.
@jager i find that incrementally increasing the day between mb session helps. its best to find a gf or "one night stand" to assist you, since you are capable of getting a stronger erection now
the addiction is the same as drug addiction,  you have less receptor in your brain from the porn, thus need more or intense porn in order to satisfy it. watching porn causes a very negative feedback on your brain. Its difficult because its a real biochemical addiction in yuor brain, similar to what crack,heroine or other drug addicts go through, but not as extreme. you see that people who take drugs need higher and higher doses, or more frequent sessions in order to get high. This is the brain/body building tolerance to the drugs. Just like with porn, you watch it a few years straight, your mind is already desentized.
Thank you.  You seem like a pretty cool dude yourself, hope you get a girl soon that will move in that positive direction with you.

"twice in like three months", wow. That is definitely not bad at all.

I can say you are recovering from porn already.  The masturbation is a next level step, if you have that much control over it, you will be ok.  They key thing as PMDER1 pointed out was to separate porn from masturbation. Once that is done. Just stay in control... and when your girl comes along.. rock her world! (hahaha)

Yea, I am thinking about "testing" my tool with this girl.  She is really enticing me and actually says she would do it.  So its up to me to make the move now.  I actually told her about the addiction and recovery and she understands fully. I think that may have made her sympathize with me and wanted to help me even more.  I just realize she has been doing things to turn me on more frequently from I told her about it.  Now she at the point where she wants to feel it for herself... guess I'm lucky.  I hope I don't get in trouble though. I shall get me some condoms and a safe place, just in case.

As it relates to my mind... I know I have a long way to go to be fully cleared.  I have been watching porn from a child, and got worst when I had high speed internet about 12 years ago.  So I know my sensitivity may be far off.  But, the improvements that I am seeing already has motivated me to continue, I just have to be patient.

Thank you PMDER1 and SammyWinchester and everyone on the forum. Each testimonial motivated me to overcome this.    
Good conversation guys. I want to make it mandatory to visit this forum at least once a week, no matter my schedule, because the posts are definitely helpful in the recovery process and reminds you of the problem.

I'm in my second week now, I don't feel anything down there, no morning wood, no random erection, nothing and I feel the size is getting smaller.

Also, I believe I'm suffering from prostatitis and I have not been able to go for proper treatment due to financial and location reasons. This has hampered my recovery due to the stress I sometimes feel in my private area after long abstinence from ejaculating.

I actually don't know how to manage my recovery in relation to the prostatitis.

@arumkin, you need to get your prostate checked by a physician, in the US its called a pcp, in the uk is called a gp. How old are you? you should be able to get medicaid if under 65, over 65 you can get medicare, you have to apply process takes months. Please get your medical issues fixed first, before trying to recover from a "psychologically induced issue".

to jager and SAMMY, Eventually you want to stop masturbating, too frequently without porn too. because you will get used to it. If there is a girl or a girl you saw that gave you a hard on. All you have to do is reduce the frequency of mb or porn/mb to at least once a week first. or some people stop completely. your penis/brain is so used to porn and you constantly beating off, and tired from all those orgasm/ejaculations it will not get stimulated unless the arousal is highly intense, such as from pornos.
You will have to eventually stop mbing without porn.

I'm actually trying, and succeeding to some degree, to quit porn and masturbation altogether (so I'm trying to stop masturbating without porn as well as with porn).

Sometimes when I'm bored I will make myself hard, to kind of test myself I guess, but I try to never masturbate to orgasm... As I said in an earlier post, I only did that twice in like 3 months.

It's so hard to completely give up porn though...
@PMDER1 thank you for the kind advice. I will surely visit the urologist before the end of the month.

@SammyWinchester, I believe by thinking of how watching porn may affect your  sexual health  and the pride of hitting a high number of clean days in this forum will help you overcome the urge to watch it. So far it is working for me. Whenever I login  and see  how long I have been clean from this habit I feel good about myself. We just have to keep fighting. It's an addiction, the urge is always strong.

Peace!
If I had the actual proof that my erection problems came from watching too much porn, then I would stop instantly... but I guess the urge is too strong, and I'm just not convinced enough... I feel like there is something else that is causing it... maybe stress, maybe some sort of disease... I dunno...
All the stories in this topic so far is similar, with similar experience and result.

I read your previous post and I understand you have been able to go through all 16 pages of the topic reading all stories. This is a forum where people share there experience and result. So far, people previously suffering from the problem have report significant improvement from abstinence.

I know that they are other causes of ED, but I believe PMO is one of them. I became so insensitive to real woman because of my long exposure to this addiction and I sometimes don't get an erection even when watching porn and touching myself expect I'm watching a new fantasy. Obviously, too much of anything is bad and the sad thing about addiction is that you never get enough, you keep going and do it excessively.

I must confuse, the urge is so strong, but that is why we have to keep fighting. For me, If I can use this medium to get rid of my addiction, that will be great news for me.

Addiction is like a spirit, it's controlling. I will advice,  even if you relapse several times, but have the mind to keep going until the spirit become tired of you.

Please let's keep this topic alive
Just lettting everyone know I been consistent with no PMO.  I almost watched something one night when I clicked on a link but I closed the tab and went to sleep.  Apart from seeing images here and there (not intentionally) I can safely say I have managed to avoid porn.

Not much improvement on the physical side.
Emotional and social there has been a confidence surge.
I haven't had sex, but really thinking to continue finding other meaningful things to do with my time and stay busy and sleep.

have a good one y'all.
Good to know you're still on track. I slipped 2 days back. I was going through a lot of emotions and my health too. I feel like sperm was building up and I was feeling occasional pains around my abdomen and testes, I slipped and have been terrible since then. I hope to get on track soon.

Please keep us posted with your progress, it's helpful.

Thank you and I wish you well.
I'm trying to get on this wagon, it's really tough.
Yes, it quite tough. That is why it is called an addiction, but we must continue to fight.

Don't give up!
Viewing 3201-3240 comments: