Chronic daily headache cause-postural cause or migraine?
I would appreciate some feedback from fellow headache sufferers regarding whether you get relief from your headache if your head is supported (in a recliner) or you are laying down.  Do you still have the same intensity of pain or does it lessen when you are not sitting or standing erect?  I've been to 3 neurologists and their opinions are 1 tension type headache, 1 migraine headache, 1 cervical spondylosis (arthritis in the neck).  I have gone through 5 weeks of physical therapy for cranial and shoulder massage to relieve tension in the muscles.  My shoulders feel wonderful, but the headache is there every day.  How much longer do I wait?  The physiatrist says my muscles still have tension, but I'm not seeing any relief.  The longer I stay sitting in a kitchen chair, the worse the pain gets.  The pain does not begin in the back of the head; it starts in the crown, the forehead, both sides of the head above the ears.  The pain is dull achy, all over, bilateral, with occasional mild brief throbbing. No other symptoms.  I've had 2 MRI's of the head, 1 MRI of the neck, 2 cat scans of the head, all normal.  I've been told almost everybody over 60 has some cervical spondylosis.  I'm 67, and otherwise am in good health.  I'm getting tired of going for physical therapy that doesn't seem to be producing any improvement, but I don't know where to focus next--the neurologist who said it was migraine and suggested botox injections or the neurologist who wants to put me on neurontin for pain relief; he won't prescrive Elavil because I get premature ventricular heartbeats;  Topamax made me dizzy, even for 1 day.  Any ideas?  My previous questions about headache were on 5/1/2009 and 11/1/2009
I find that lying down can help with the intensity of the pain, not the overall pain level. (imagine a steady bright light instead of flashing lights)