Migraines & Headaches Community
Migraine and Vomiting without nausea

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Migraine and Vomiting without nausea

i'm just wondering if any of the migraine sufferers here commonly get vomiting without nausea or with minimal duration of nausea during their attacks.
hi,yes, there is no set pattern as such.
hi,

yew , few migraine sufferers have vomiting with no nausea or very  minimum duration of nausea.
some people get only nausea and no vomiting. Depends  on the severity of the migraine attack.
But usually there is nausea before vomiting during migraine.

take care.
i suffer from mindgrains and i wanted to know if i can get nausea days before a mindgrain attack?? when im about to get an attack i always vomit first could that be the issue im having now?? ive been having nausea for a few days now
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Are there other symptoms present? The migraine headache is often accompanied by nausea. If you have been experiencing nausea for the past few days, then it could be caused by other conditions such as acute gastritis, effect of certain medications or even central causes involving the signals from the brain. If it persists, you may need to have this checked for proper management. Take care and do keep us posted.
Hi,is there any medicine for mind grain?i experienced this headache since 3days ago..and until now..no changes,i drink already tynenol hoping that it will be cure..but..still no effect..i feel..my head and eyes..hitting by a hammer,,,that's what i feel right now.. please help..any suggestion?due of this..i feel i want to vomit..
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Migraine may be managed with ice packs. prescription medications, analgesics or medications which constrict the blood vessels. It is important that you identify the triggers of your migraine to prevent them from recurring. Discuss this with your doctor for proper medicine suited for you. Complementary and alternative Medicine such as biofeedback, relaxation techniques and self-hypnosis may also help. Take care and do keep us posted.
I been bothered by migraine for many year now. All the signs/symptoms you mentioned are right as I always experience this every time it attacks me. Usually, it attacks me in the wee hours while sleeping and the pain woke me up, its TERRIBLE!. Thank GOD i have my wife to comfort me by massaging my head with a white flower and of course mefanamic to relieve the pain. If i have been attack when awake, i usually walk around then keep my self busy doing light things that will not need strength like walking or simply get out the house and see other things and it HELP for me. Mefanamic helps but its hard to be dependent on medicine. No other best medicine than taking our self by avoiding migraine triggering factor so avoid sleeping late, stress, vices and keep exercise.  
Today, i've been experiencing a very bad migrain and
also, I have nausea. I can't concentrate when this symptoms
attacking me.I felt like there is a grinding in my
head. Not only my head, but also my tummy... I felt
that I can vomit anytime. What can I do? Please...
Help me....  
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Both preventive and abortive prescription medications can help manage migraine headaches and associated symptoms. As mentioned by advil, avoiding the triggers and taking care of yourself are important also. Have this checked by a neurologist for proper management.  There is a headache tracker here in the forum that may help. Take care and do keep us posted.
When you visit your Doctor or Neurologist ask about anti-nausea medication as well as migraine medication.  My wife began taking a melt type nausea med called zofran.  It has helped tremendously to at least abate the vomiting.
Same!!! Migraine is my nightmare! Before a migraine headache, I see this aura, like a warning sensation or like visual disturbance (spiral-like). And then, yeah, I feel so fuzzy and nauseous. And then like after 5 minutes, my head starts to ache SO BAD!!! Usually in only one part of my head. Afterward, VOMIT, like many times!!! Until I feel relieved. It actually started when I was 13. Even my grandpa, uncle, and my cousin has it. IT IS AWFULLY UNBEARABLE!!! Some says, there's no medicine for it. You'll just wait until you vomit and feel relieved.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? There are preventive and abortive medications that you can take especially if you feel that a migraine attack is evolving. It is also important to identify the triggers that may be responsible for the migraine so that you could avoid them. A headache journal or the headache tracker here in the forum may help. See your doctor for proper medication. Take care and do keep us posted.
every alternate day I get headache, and i can't stop it until I vomit and take out all food I have eaten. I often found bile acid (yellow) in my vomit.
Would you please mention me, how to reduce excess of Bile acid in gallbladder? what should I do not consume? what is the solution for this problem?