headache
i have a sharp pain almost like a stick on the right side of my head just above my right ear, it does not last long but is a bit painful.
it usually lasts a second or two then returns a few seconds later then holds off a bit for about 45 mins and starts back again. sometimes it feels as thought it is slightly burning (can't explain it any better) but not painful to the touch
Do this pranayam daily, with eyes closed, twice a day, to get extra oxygen into your system and brain. Let me know how you feel after 9 days.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom pranayam –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 20 to 30  minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Repeat this  5 to 21 times.
March 7 ,2011
How are you? One kind of primary headache is the ice pick headache which presents with sharp stabbing, intensely painful headaches that last for a few seconds. This  is more likely to occur in people with migraine or cluster headaches. If it persists, you may need to have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and best regards.
I also get a sort of sharp dull burning type ache in the side of my head like yours, mine have been going on for over a year now.  at first i thought it was just my sinuses b/c i had my sinuses checked in october 2010 and they found polyps and a deviated septum so they did surgery in nov 2010 but i still feel the same as i did prior to surgery.  so im going to go to the doctor soon to rule out anything else but im learning it could also be migraine headaches too, just another level of them.  like the aura before the migraine.