Aura while sleeping?
Hi All,

Lastnight while I was sleeping it seemed like I was experiencing aura. When I would wake up or turn over I would see flashes and weirdness whether my eyes were open or not.I just tred to ignore it and go back to sleep. I have had this happen once before and I woke up with a minor migraine. This time though I sort of had a headache but not a migraine.I am still new to the wonderful world of migraines and still tying to learn about my symptoms...
Is this possible?
Has anyone else experienced this?

Please Take Care, Theresa
I'm honestly not sure about these nocturnal aura's, but I did find several posts when I searched this.  Several refer to the use of Paxil.  Wish I could be more help, hopefully someone else has some experience with this or advise.

Hope this goes away for you.  I sure would check with the dr.
Hugs,
Tracy
Well, I've been asleep or at least lying in bed and could feel the dizziness and could even feel something like a "falling sensation", for lack of a better description.  I never associated this with the migraines 'til I was diagnosed with Silent Migraines.
Hi there.  I have been suffering from migraines for years.  I would say that most of my migraines with auras come while I'm sleeping.  I either remember the aura from a dream and wake with the headache or I wake up in the morning with the aura around 7am.  I haven't discussed this with a doctor so I don't know why sleep tends to "cause" these.  But it's definitely a possibility for you.  I also get aura migraines during waking hours as well as migraines without the aura caused by numerous things such as exhaustion and dehydration.  I can't be much help as to why it happened for you, but at least you know it's happening to someone else too.  I do have a prescription for midrin for my aura headaches and it works some of the time.  As for the other migraines, excedrin migraine works great!  Good luck and I hope you find a good way to control your headaches.
Hi, I've been suffering migraines with Auras since age 22 and have a diagnoses of Cadasil.  Dont know if you have ever heard of this disease.  Its a genetic disease that is passed down from family.  Check it out!
WOW!
I have never heard of it....
My father has been dx with FTD and has the same sort of lesions I have. I will definatly mention this to my neuro....I have been dx with hemiplegic migraines too.

Thank You!
xxxxxxTheresa
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
drifter0213 commented on advanced niTD
Apr 28
Theobaldm1989 commented on advanced niTD
Apr 28