Miscarriages Community
WHat happens after natural miscarriage

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

WHat happens after natural miscarriage

HI all,

I've been advised that I am going to miscarry.  Gestational sac with no heartbeat measuring 6W5D and I should be 8W2D.  I am willing to wait for a natural m/c , but I"m worried about tissue being left behind.  Do they do an ultrasound after you start to miscarry to make sure everything comes out?  I haven't started to bleed yet and know it could take weeks.
My doc had given me the option of letting the baby pass naturally or havind a d&c. This was a Friday and she gave me until Monday to give her an answer. Well, Friday night/Saturday morning, the baby decided he was ready to pass. I was 14w so the baby was large. The pain was horrible. I swear it was labor. Honestly though, I don't think I would have opted for a d&c anyway.

She said if I did choose to try naturally, she would give me two to three weeks to let things progress. I would have an appt every week to see how things were going. She gave me this time frame for fear of infection. If things dont progess naturally, they HAVE to do a d&c. If an infection occurs, it may scar your uterus and prohibit you from having children in the furture.

After the baby had passed, I went back on Monday to the docs to let her know what was going on, and they did an u/s to make sure everything had come out. If not, this too could cause an infection. Fortunately everything was out. I bled for almost 2 full weeks after. It was like a very heavy period with a lot of clotting and very bad cramping.

It is your own personal decision as to what you decide to do. I wish you the best of luck and will be praying for you. A m/c is one of the most difficult things, if not the MOST difficult I have ever had to face. We are all here if you need us.
I'm so sorry!  My doctor did not make me get an u/s but I did have to go in the week after it happened to have a blood test.  My hcg levels were under 5 so that's how we knew everything was out of there.
I too measured 6w6d when I started my natural m/c and should have been 9w.  I started to spot on the 13th of June and passed the sac on the 16th with bad cramps.  They were very intense and it took about 3 hours.  The bleeding after that was heavy for 6d.  I then spotted for 6 more days.  The whold process took 15days.  So about two weeks.  I passed very large clots also.  The doctor never asked me to do a us.  I just took a hpt test yesterday to make sure, myself, that it was negtive.  It came out negtive.  I think, and I am not an expert, that if you stop bleeding everything has passed.  Ask for dr though.  It can be dangerous it fetal tissue is left inside you.  I had no problem.  I am so sorry for what you are going through.  They told me blighted ovum.  Good luck.
I am sorry for your loss. Usually they will only let you wait it out for about two weeks before they strongly recomend a D&C. One of my friends wanted to wait it out and two weeks later, she ended up having a D&C because her dr was really worried about infection. I hope it all works out for you. Good Luck!
I am sorry for what you are going through.  I think I probably have one of the worst insurance programs that a person can have.  I can't get an ultrasound until 14 weeks into a pregnancy.  Anyway, with that said I was able to get an ultrasound after my m/c by complaining that my cramps were really bad.  This was true, but if I hadn't fully described how bad the pain was they would have probably just told me to take Advil and get lost.
If there is one piece of advice I can give you it is talk about it. Talk to anyone who will listen. You are going to shed some tears, but talking about it helps so much, it truely does. It is still theraputic for me now and its been 5 months. Share your experince with others, I am sure women will be popping out of the woodwork to share theirs with you. I wish you the best.
They will check your HCG levels every week to make sure they are dropping correctly. If not then D & C but if yes then natural it is. Ive never had a D/C but m/c naturally twice and would recommend it if you could. Its alot less stressful on the body and prevents scarring. it is also easier to become preggo after natural than d/c.
I am currently miscarrying.  I started spotting on Sunday, very light brown, also on Monday.  I left work early on Monday to rest and take it easy since the nurse at my Dr's office told me it could be signs of miscarrige.  On Tuesday morning I started spotting bright red.  I went in for an ultrasound.  My sac was measuring 5w when I should have been 7w.  They told me it was too soon to see if it would abort itself or not.  That evening I started passing clots - not alot, but I was also cramping. I continue to pass clots, but the cramping has gone away.  I go for another blood test tomorrow and another ultrasound next Tuesday.  I still somehow hold out hope - but I know in my heart what has already happened.
In reading all the comments posted - it has really helped me get through this.  So many of the women's posting similar mine and it is good to know that I am not the only one going through this - when something like this happens you feel so alone and empty.  Thanks to all who have posted during this difficult time.
I had the same thing happen, well we had seen the baby and heartbeat, they wanted me to have a d&c but i opted to pass it by myself, the doctor gave me some medicine, called methergine, it helps your uterus cramp, I started taking it last wednesday and finally passed it this wednesday early morning, I to felt like I was in labor I was up all night hurting and finally it passed. I had to take it in to the doctor, they are doing test on me and the fetus as this was my 4th misscarriage.
So sorry to hear of all the pain and m/c. I m/c 2 weeks ago naturally at 7weeks. I was lucky no pain. But I was upset that the OB wanted to schedule me for a D&C like the next day. For those of us that do not have medical coverage a d/c runs $4-6K. When I suggested to wait and let mother nature take her course ( which luckily 4 me she did the next day) they made me feel all scared and totally got me confused with another mom who was 9 weeks.  Liz
Trust in God,I beleive there is areason we all went through this,we"ll be okay one day,thanx for the advise
i was sopposed to be 12wks pregnant but my levels were reading only 4, to 5 , so i waited two days to go to the doctor and she had told me that i needed a d&e right away ( 11-30-07), because it had never passed and it was about a month gone in me. so i went and did the d&e i had alot of bleeding while my surgery my doctor said, however i did not bleed at all after, in the month of december, so at the beg, of january i spotted brown then the 11 i got a period for about 4 days heavy, then about jan 25 i started spotting brown again it lasted for like two days., so finally feb 24, i had gotten it again., now i don't know what is wrong does this sound normal after a misscarrige with a d&e , im worried that i might not be able to get pregnant again , does anyone have any advice
Having a miscarriage is the worst experience I have ever had to go through, as I write my baby is still passing out as I have had an early natural miscarriage just a few days ago. And altough it wasnt a long pregnancy but still it is taking time for the left overs to pass out.

D&C scares everyone, and natural method is usually preferred by doctors if they dont fear an infection, but just remember that passing it out naturally requires you to be extremely patient and ready to bear pains and cramps every now and than while passing clots out. And in  my case yes I have had several ultra sounds and tests so dont worry about that, just inform the doctors of every little or big cramp or pain you have. Best of Luck and stay together!
hi i have just misscarried i had spotting 2 weeks ago for a few hrs then agian 2days later had a scan 5.5 weeks but no heartbeat i started bleeding the following wednesday like a period had a scan it was the same but 6.2 weeks and had blood for my hormones taken on friday night i passed a blood clot few hours later i was covered in blood and passed more clots with back and stomach pain 2 hours later i was covered again and i completly blacked out i went to hospital where i was checked and the doctor noticed mre clots and took these out half an hr later i had a scan which confirmed the miscarriage and that the feotus was about to come out the doctor did this and said i had bled an awful lot and had to have an injection to stop the blood and a drip with fluids i dont want to scare people but i was 6 weeks gone and expected some pain and blood not what actually happened which is slightly rare but happens it has traumatised me at how much blood i lost the blacking out and the pains being like labour pains and i want people to prepare them selves incase this does happen everyone seems to sort of prepare they are loosing there baby
Hi, i miscarried on 1 May. I was expected to ovulate at this time so I tested my LH levels which showed positive for 5 days. I was puzzled. I didn't know that i was pregnant. I had my period in the middle on April (2 weeks the miscarriage). The pain was only on the right though but the ultrsound could not find a sac or an ectopic pregnancy.. i had HcG tests and the doctor said that i was between 4 - 6weeks pregnant. HcG was tested for 3 consecutive days and it was halving each day. My doctor did not want to do a D&C - I bled for exactly 2 weeks and a preg. test which showed negative. I feel much better now and I am looking forward to falling pregnant again.
has anyone miscarried but only had period pains on one side?
I just had a miscarriage on May 12, and I have to agree that this is one of the hardest things I've had to bear.  Even though I was only 7 wks, my husband and I were so excited for our first little one.  At the end of the day of the 12th, I was having some light brown discharge.   After school (I am a teacher), I went home and had dinner with my husband and was experiencing cramps the whole time.  I kept checking to make sure it was just brown and after dinner, I went to the bathroom to find myself bleeding.  I told my husband we needed to go to the hospital, as instructed by my OBGYN if it turned to red bleeding. I went to get my purse and felt a rush flow through my body.  I yelled for my husband and the pain shot through my arms and to my head.  I felt something rushing through me and had a lot of pain.  Honestly, I have not heard many miscarriage stories and felt completely naive as to what was happening to my body.  Because I have never fainted before, I literally thought I was dying.  Now that I look back, I feel silly, but if you've never had this happen, I guess you don't know what to expect.  I am planning on finishing the rest of the school year tomorrow with my students, and I am a little apprehensive to return to work.  I almost feel like I could use some more time resting and regaining my strength physically and emotionally.  This forum, along with reading e-mails from some of my co-workers, helps remind me of how common miscarriages are and how there is still hope for a healthy child.  I think the hardest thing for me is that I am scared it will happen again. However, I believe that God has a purpose for this experience, even though at the time I don't understand it.  My husband and I have already grown closer to each other and to God through this experience.  God's will is continuing to reveal itself to us.  Thank you for your encouraging words, ladies.  I look forward to joining this community of women who can relate.  
I just wanted to share my story. DH and i had been trying for a year or so to get pregnant when i was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. where my thyroid does not produce enough hormone. after i went on meds for this we tried again for about another year, nothing happend. DH is in the military and was then deployed to iraq for 15 months. right before he got home docs checked my thyroid levels and found that they thought i should up the meds just a lil bit as my levels were borderline and they wanted them well in the normal range. well hubby got home march 29 and i had a period on april 8th. although we were "trying" we wernt under a realilistical realization that we would actually be able to "get pregnant" let alone the very first cycle he was back, until i started getting period symtoms (symptoms) tooo early for it to be my period. of course i had fooled myself into thinking i was pregnant before so i decided not to tell him i was having symtoms (symptoms) and to just wait it out until my period. well the date for my period came and i had no period. so the next morning after he went to work i got out a test and it tested POSITIVE! he came home and i finally told him and we were soooooo excited!! we told all the family and everyone was over joyed as this was our first pregnancy and the first grandchild on both sides. well six days later (mothers day) around dinner time i went to use the bathroom and noticed a very light spotting of brown discharge only when i wiped. it was a sunday and i couldnt call the doc office so i decided to wait until morning to call docs. went to doc next morning, they did several blood labs as well as a vag u/s. i was 4 weeks 6 days and they were not able to detect anything. doc said he wasnt sure if this was because it was to early or becuase i was having a miscarriage, and told me there was nothing else they could do. next morning woke up and and discharge slowly thruout the day started to turn pink and then red-er and red-er then smal clots started to come too. i was sooo devestated i went back to the doc and took more labs. the labs from the previous day were also ready. they told me that my hcg levels were dropping and that i was definatly havign a miscarriage. they also told me that my thyroid levels had shot out the other way and that instead of my body not producing enough thyroid hormone(like pre pregnancy)...my body was now producing all the thyroid hormone it needed and that i was over dosing myself on the thyroid meds i was taking. i started crying right then and there, i felt like i had killed my baby if only i had known that my body had done that, that i might have been able to save my baby. this has been one week ago from today and although i miscarried naturally and so far have stopped bleeding and have no need for a d and c. i have started taking less thyroid meds in hope (from the docs) that now that my body is not pregnant anymore that my body will go back to pre pregnant ways and again need the thyroid meds. even though it has been a week i still find it too hard to even talk about without crying, and because of this my doc told me that i should wait at least 6 months. however i dont want to wait six months dh and i both agreed that we want to start again right away.....i hope all works out for the best for us, and for all of you girls outhere who have and who are going thru similar situations. take care and best of luck to allll you girls, ps if anyone for any reason needs to talk about anything feel free to message me thanks! tabby
I was 9 weeks last week and had the same problem too in terms of having a miscarriage. The MD said to me if I were smaller in terms of being pregnant 5 weeks or less, they might let the baby or nature takes its course (pass naturally.) Since I was 9 weeks lasw week, it's not worth to let it passes out naturally. He told me that it can take up to 1 month from now for the body to get rid of the baby and there are more risks to do it that way in terms of having the infection (dead tissues) and severe hemorrhage that can happen unexpectly. I was like you too at first. I wanted to let the naure takes its place. I saw MD last Friday and told him that I would let him know either way about going ahead of whether doing the D&E this week or not. Honestly, I'm not regret of my decision now since I had this procedure done yesterday and it went well (for the peace of your mind.) In terms of waiting for the nature to take its place, it's like you're taking a risk when it comes to your health or like holding on to the ticking bomb and it can happen anytime. The question is: Would you leave something like foreign/dead tissues in your body for a while (up to a month) if that's the case ? You're the only one that can answer that question. Best of luck to you.
Reading all these comments make me think back when I had a m/c.  I was about 9 weeks pregnant.  I had bad cramps and heavy clotted bleeding.  It makes me upset to think about this memory.  Maybe things happen for a reason, idk.  I got pregnant one  month into a relationship and had a miscarriage.  3 months later I got pregnant again and now I have a beautiful 18 month old and I am engaged to get married 9/13
I am going through a miscarriage as well. Monday night (I am writing this on Saturday night), I noticed some blood after intercourse. I paged my doctor who assured me that I was more than likely not having a miscarriage because I was 14 weeks along and we had seen my baby's heartbeat on an ultrasound at 8 weeks and just the week before we heard the heartbeat at an appointment. She said sometimes after intercourse blood vessels can pop or something. The next morning there was still blood-bright red w/out cramping. I went to my doctor who assured me that I was very low risk for a miscarriage and all of my levels measured fine. She sent me to get an ultrasound and my baby had no heartbeat. I was told that I should get a d&c because I was so far along. I asked if they could do it without tearing up my baby because I wanted to say goodbye. They told me that there was no way because they use a vacuum and scraper. So I opted to go through the miscarriage naturally and it ended up being a full blown labor. I started contractions Thursday night and had them for 26 hours before he finally came out last night after another extremely painful contraction. Basically I was pushing out tissue and blood for the 26 hours and then suddenly I had a extremely bad contraction and all within 10 seconds, my water broke, my baby fell out of me as I was running to the bathroom and I gave birth to the placenta in the toilet. (Sorry if TMI). That part happened quickly and was very traumatizing. I am very lucky to have had my husband there. He quickly picked our baby off the floor. The pain was worth it to see my beautiful baby in one piece. He had everything. Eyes, ears, nose, mouth, arms, legs, all of his fingers and toes and little boy parts. He fit in the palm of my hand. I was able to hold his little hand and say goodbye. I am still bleeding a little today but my physical pain is totally gone. Emotionally I am a wreck but that is a different story. While going through this the last few days it really helped me to read what everyone else had to say so I thought I would share my story. God bless everyone during these difficult times.
I recently miscarried on June 30th with my first child. I started brown spotting and called the doctor who told me he was common in early pregnancy, but I knew and felt something was wrong. I started spotting red on Saturday and knew I was losing the baby. I went to the doctor on Monday and they took a blood test that morning, which later revealed I was very pregnant. Monday afternoon I clotted a ton of blood and just wept in the bathroom. My husband ran in and I cried that I just lost our baby. We cried together for a little while and held each other. That evening I had severe cramping and clotting from 8pm - 3am. And it was severe. Each time I went to the bathroom I just wept. We went back to the doctor the following day and confirmed that the baby was gone. It has been so comforting reading all of these stories and words of strength from all of you. My husband and I have only been married for three weeks. We got married June 7th. We found out on our honeymoon that we were pregnant. It's hard looking at the pictures from our honeymoon without feeling sad as I know I am pregnant in those pictures. My faith was shaken, but I have slowly regained it this week and prayed that I will have many healthy, beautiful children someday with my husband. Speaking of him, he has been so amazing throughout this experience and we have grown even closer. We look at each other everyday and know the vows we took three weeks ago are already being put to the test...and we're getting through it so well together. He is my strength, and I continue to pray for more inner strength from God. Thank you again, everyone, for sharing.
I am in the process of losing my baby as I write this.  I was 7.5 weeks along, and yesterday morning had a slight pink tinge on the tissue after peeing.  I brushed it off as it was so faint.  2 hours later the same thing.  I started to worry.  I gave it another hour, and this time I had brown blood with very small clots.  I went straight to emergency.  They did blood work which showed I was more like 5.5 weeks to 6.5 weeks.  (This is NOT a very accurate test, as these numbers can vary in the THOUSANDS!)  But, after a internal and external ultrasound, the doctors were unable to find a heartbeat, and baby did not measure to term.  It has been about 28 hours since this began, and hourly the clots get larger and I feel like I'm having a really bad period.  I have an elevated temperature and a bad headache (maybe from all the crying?)  I was already in love with my baby (my third) and am grieving not only the loss of her, but also the future I dreamed of, and seeing her fit in alongside my two young boys, who were thrilled to meet her.  My husband and I are devestated, and nothing could have prepared us for how painful this would really be....
I've finally stopped bleeding from my 4th miscarriage.  This time around, they were twins.  The first 2 m/c happened naturally and the 3rd m/c I had to have a d & c since I didn't bleed at all for almost 2 months after the ultrasound showed no heartbeat.  All three didn't make it past 6 weeks  I was 14 weeks along on this pregnancy when it showed on the ultrasound that the both babies had no heartbeat and measured 8 weeks.  So again I decided to let nature take it's course and m/c naturally.  My husband and I both have taken all the tests to see what's causing all these m/c and they can't give us any explanation.  So the next time we try, we're going to consult alternative medicine (chinese medicine).  We have no problem getting pregnant (the cycle we try, is usually the month we get pregnant!), our problem is sustaining the pregnancy.  And with each miscarriage, goes a piece of my heart.  My heart goes out to all of you going through this.  I know all too well how difficult this all is not only physically but emotionally.  
I had felt pregnant for 2 months, but continued to have my pd.  Then finally, I missed and found out I was pregnant after 4 tests and a visit to the doctor. :)  When I thought I was 8w I went in for a transvaginal ultrasound where the doctor said that the baby hadn't developed past 4w and that I would miscarry and he wanted to do a d+c in 2 weeks.  I said no thank you as I believe in doing it naturally as the surgery can cause scarring and other damage.  --  My husband & I were devastated as this was our first and we were so ready.  2 weeks later I still hadn't miscarried, nor did I have any signs of miscarriage...just slight brown discharge one day.  I still felt very pregnant and my symptoms were getting stronger.  So I decided to see a midwife.  She said that I was still pregnant, the baby was fine and that my earlier symptoms were due to a chemical pregnancy and we actually got pregnant a month later.  If I would have listened to that doctor, I would have killed my healthy baby!  Don't do a d+c if you haven't had any major miscarriage symptoms.  Trust your body and your instincts....doctors are just people too making a guess sometimes!
i am in the process of finishing my first m/c and i am having trouble couping with the pain. it all started on sept.8 after a dr appointment i was 10w2d at that point and started to bleed slightly. on the 9th i went to the ER and they told me that there was nothing that they could do at all and that i was to come back if i started ro cramp badly or bleed more then 1 pad in 1 hr. well the slight bleeding continued for 4 days and then on the 12th it got worse so i waited for my husban to get home from work and just as he got home it happened. i had no idea what to expect and just get to the washroom as normal and that is where it happened. now i am passing some small clots and having period like cramping. the worst part of this for us is that we never got to say good bye to our baby as it slipped into the toilet and we could not reterive it. i have a dr appointment on monday to see if everything is done and f ther is a need for a d&c. we are praying that there i no need for one as we want to try again as soon as we get the ok. if any one has any advice as to how to cope and grow from this experience please let me know. i am truley sorry for anyone that has or is going throught this as i know how hard it is and good luck to all of you in the future.
I got the final confirmation today that i have had miscarriage.But i don't know i ad this feeling when i conceived.I was 8 weeks and 6 days pregnant.I started off wth the m/c 2 days back but tday after the scan the nurse told me that  i had m/c and i have some clots left which are to be passed.She gave me the option of surgery and natural m/c.I chose natural one.But it is so painful.I have a feeling of loss,grief and on top of that i have nobody to share my pain with.I am crying either because of grief or because of pain.It is a tough time.I have ana appointment after 4 weeks as i am going on a holiday.It would be tough as we can't cancel the ticket as we have checked-in.But it a tough stage to pass.
Hi Bobbie,
Yours story sounds like a miracle.God bless both of u.
I just came upon this site and I have to say that I am so very sorry for all of your losses.  I too just went through a miscarriage this week.  I was only a couple of weeks but am taking it very hard.  My husband and I were so looking forward to this baby.  I am also having some health issues.  This is my first pregnancy and am not sure what is normal and what's not.  I just feel like my body is alien to me right now.  My whole body hurts.  Anybody have any advice?  My doctor said that my levels are not dropping like he wants.  What does this mean?  When will the hurting stop for losing this baby?  It's all I can think about.  It hurts so bad to have to go to the dr. and see all the pregnant women there.  I had to sit in a room next a woman having an ultrasound and all I could hear was the babies heartbeat.  It was torture for me.  How do I get through this?
on wed. 3/11/09 i was 10 weeks pregnant and getting ready for work and felt wet so i went to the bathroom and noticed bright red blood in my underwear i called for my fiance and told him to call the ambulance. when i arrived at the er i was given an sono where they saw a sac with no baby and a closed cervix the dr took out a clot and kept it for testing i was then told that i was having a miscariage and they advices that because i only bleed heavy that one time and have been spotting since that a d & c wasn't needed that i should let it pass naturally which was fine with me. i had no pains @ this time and the dr.'s seemed confused. i went to the ob 2 days later who also seems confused and is now sending me to get another official sono today... although i know i have lost my baby i'm still trying to keep that glimmer of hope alive... im send my regards to all of you who have had to go thru this because it is physically and emotionally draining.
I am 39 years old an was pregant for the first time. I had just found out about 2 weeks ago that I was expecting. I think it is impossible to not get excited and to start thinking about the new phase in your life. I felt the whole experience of being prego very surreal. I had no real symptoms of being pregnate, so at times I actually questioned if I was. Well I definitely was and unfortunately in my 6th week I woke up and first thing in the mornign I went to the bathroom and low and behold I was bleeding. It was actually completely shocking, I honestly had never once thought about having a miscarriage. At the beginning I was just spoting and it was brownish in colour. I immediately went for an ultasound and it was really too early for them to know what was happening. I also had an internal examination from my dr. and she too told me it was too early to tell. I was told I had a 50-50% chance that it would end in a miscarriage. I oddly enough still felt sort of optimistic. Anyways over the next day or 2 things started to get worse and on saturday I had a miscarriage. The whole thing has been so surreal. I was just getting my head around the fact that I was prego, and then I was having to deal with the fact that I wasn't! Luckily I had very little pain and I actually feel very optimistic. I had many good things come out of this experience. As much as I was unbelievably upset that I was not going to be haing a baby when I first thought, I do feel good knowing that all the parts work! I do feel very confident that I will have a heallthy and successful to-term pregnancy and I just know that the next time around I will be that much more ready and will cherish the experience even more. The other thing that came out of it, is that my realtionship with my husband grew even closer. My husband was unbelievably supportive and we have both grown from the experience.
I wish to never go through this again, but as I said I do feel that some good has come from this. Everything happens for a reason and if you had a miscarriage chances are the baby you were carrying would not be healthy. So feel confidence in the fact that your body knew this and was able to do something about it
good luck to you all and can't wait to talk about what it's like in the first months of having a healthy baby!!
I'm so sorry for all of you who experienced this, especially if multiple times.  

I'm 24 (tomorrow) and just experienced a miscarriage on Tuesday at about 9 weeks.  I've been married for almost 3 years and we didn't plan on having children for a few years because we were young.  So we finally started trying to get pregnant in November 08, and when I found out I was pregnant in March, I was overwhelmed with joy.  I've wanted a baby for a while, even before we started trying.  Unfortunetely, this past Sunday around noon, I went to the bathroom and noticed a brown spot.  I freaked out right away because it just doesn't seem like that should happen, even though people keep saying it's normal.  I'm sure it can be, but I just didn't like the look of the spotting I had.  So we were already at a restaurant so I came out of the bathroom crying to my husband, and my sis and bro in law about it.  They were trying to comfort me, but I still had bad thoughts about it.  After we ate, well I took I few bites of food because I was so scared and worried, I went to the bathroom again and noticed brownish-red spotting.  We went home right away and I called a midwife on call.  She told me to get rest, and just lay down for the rest of the day.  On Monday morning, I went to bathroom to get ready for work, trying to be optimistic, but I had let out some deep red tissue.  I just knew then.  I called the midwife and she told me to go into their office first thing.  So another midwife did an exam, and she couldn't tell me anything except that my uterus was a bit open.  She sent me to get an (vag) ultrasound right away and during that time the radiologist took really long, and took like at least 30 pictures.  I was suspicious because I asked her if she would tell me if she sees a heartbeat or not and she told me she doesn't read it, the dr does.  But I went to get an ultrasound a few weeks ago because I had no idea how far along I was since my periods are irregular, and a diff radiologist then showed me my baby's heartbeat and everything.  So she told that he dr will come in and tell me what he reads at first, but then, she came back in to the room and said the dr called my midwife and they want me to go back to midwife.  My husband and I were walking back as I was shaking, and I said, "that can't be good".  As soon as we got back to the midwife, they put us in a room right away and she came in with a really sad face and said, "well, it's not good".  So I started crying like crazy, even my husband cried, it was really emotional.  I've heard of other people having miscarriages, but I never thought how painful it really is.  I chose to let everything pass naturally, and on Tuesday at 3AM, I woke up in a lot of pain, with a ton of dizziness, ringing in my ears, really bad back pain and cramps.  It lasted about 20 minutes.  I felt everything pass but I didn't want to look.  It's Friday now, and I'm still bleeding lightly.  The midwife told me that my body is doing what it's suppose to be doing so I should be fine.  

Even though this was a really tough experience to go through, especially since I was so excited to have my baby since 4 of my friends and my sister are pregnant (which makes it even tougher for me) my husband and I have grown so much closer, and we love eachother even more so.  We always had a really good relationship, but this has really brought us closer to eachother and to God.  I'm just praying that soon after my body heals, I will be able to get pregnant again with a healthy baby from the start.  Just remember to have faith and trust in God, He has a reason for everything, and He knows what's best.  God bless you all and I hope you will all be blessed with beautiful, healthy kids soon.
I'm sorry for those who have experienced loss. I've never written on forums before but it has been so helpful reading these in the last few weeks as I have been going thru my MC. It has been sad to read everyone's stories, but it gives me some relief that i'm not alone in these experiences also. It has given me hope that others have also gone on to have healthy children and I hold onto this dream that I can start my own family soon.

I was 10wks with my first preg when it all started with some slightly pink discharge. the next couple of days I started to get bright red spotting and I arranged for an urgent US. The scan suggested that I was only about 6wks. We saw the gestational sac but we couldn't see much else and my midwife explained that it was prob anembryonic pregnancy (or blighted ovum). It was such a shock as I was experiencing the typical pregnancy symptoms up until that point, but as soon as my husband and I saw the scan we knew in our hearts that the preg wasn't viable. The next few days the bleeding progressed and then I experienced cramping and heavy bleeding and I passed many clots and product over the next few days. I no longer felt pregnant. I didn't need pain relief meds and it was manageable with a hot water bottle. The worst of it lasted prob 3-4days at the most.

It's been just over 2wks now since it started and I am still experiencing light bleeding and occasional red mucus-like product. I had blood tests when I first had MC symptoms which showed my HCG levels to be 7300. a week later they were 70. I am still bleeding and really wishing that things were over. I am worried that I may need medical intervention, but really really hoping that my body will successfully complete this process. I'm going to get my bloods done again next week and I am hoping that the bleeding will stop competely before then. I am also hoping that my HCG levels are back to normal. (my fingers are crossed- I don't want more bad news right now). I guess the good news is that i am hopeful to become pregnant in the near future. Provided that things are completed without any further complications, my doctor has said that there is no need to wait before TTC again. I will prob wait until I have completed one cycle for my own piece of mind. I have to say that i am very sick of waiting and worrying. It will be nice when my body has finished what it's doing.
to update, my bleeding stopped about a week ago. Towards the end I got more bleeding and passed some product which was a little different to other stuff I had previously. I do wonder if it was the gestational sac. since then I haven't had any bleeding. It was a total of 3weeks exactly from the very beginning of symptoms until that day. I got my bloods tested immediately after that when bleeding stoped and they were down to 3! I am so relieved.
After a year of trying, my husband and I were overjoyed to discover that we were finally pregnant in April 09. I felt wonderful and was looking forward to being a mum so much. At 9 weeks I bagan light brown spotting, and went to the doctor to get it checked out. They sent me for some blood tests and an ultrasound.
The ultrasound technician did an internal exam, and said that we measured about 6 weeks, not 9. She advised it was inconclusive, and could not tell us what was going on. I got in to see my doctor the next day, who said he was sorry to hear about our loss - a blighted ovum. I was managing to hold it all together until he patted my knee and told my husband what a strong woman he was married to...
My doctor said if I did not miscarry in the next 2 weeks, we would go for a D&C.
That was over a week ago, and I have been experiencing mild cramping on and off during that time, my pregnancy symptoms of sore breasts and constant tiredness dissapeared, and my light brown spotting progressed to intermitant light brown/red bleeding in small amounts with occaisional small clots like chopped liver. I stayed at work to help keep my mind busy over this time. It ***** when you know your heart is being ripped out through your uterus, but staying busy is what helps me get through it. My husband is loving and supportive, and I'm incredibly lucky to be cherished and adored.
Anyway, yesterday afternoon the quality of my cramps changed. They became more intense and I knew my m/c was progressing. I left work, and came home to 8.5 hours of a long painful cramp every 3-6 minutes. Tip for new players - realax into the pain, it will hurt more if you allow your stomach / pelvic muscles to tense up.
My bleeding became more heavy over this period, but not enough to soak a heavy flow pad - so far I've been lucky I think. I took a strong painkiller, and it took the edge off the cramps. At 9:30pm last night, I felt a particularly large clot, which on investigation turned out to be a perfectly formed solid embryonic sac the size of a small hen's egg. I held what could have been on a soft tissue in my hand for a while, before I let it go. My baby was real for a week or so in the beginning, and my body and soul loved it for as long as we could.
The cramps stopped after I passed my bub that was. I have been bleeding lightly today, and resting as much as possible. I have had some light cramping, and anticipate that this will continue for a week or so while my body gets rid of the uterine lining in preparation for a new cycle.
I hope I don't develop really heavy bleeding or get sick from this point, but I have not walked this path before, and don't know what's around the corner for me. It seems that everyone's story is a little differnent, and I seem to be realtively lucky so far in that I have not ended up in hospital, and will hopefully be able to avoid a D&C.
We will try again in a month or two, and hope that the next one sticks.
It has been helpful for me to read other people's stories, and know that we are not feeling this alone. I hurt for my loss, and the loss of every other woman out there who loved and wanted her little cluster of cells that was life for a time. Good luck to you - don't give up. If you have the love to give, even if that's all you've got, it will happen for you - even if you need to walk down a child adoption or fostering path. There is a child out there, born or not, that needs the love you've got to give. I wish you all the best, and hope the description of what I have experienced so far helps someone get through it with a little less fear. You body know's what it's about. Be still, relax, and let it try to do it's thing. If it goes wrong, get to the hospital, they will take care of you as best they can.
I'm so sorry for your loss. For the both of us our first pregnancy has been difficult. It is has been a really aweful experience, but I know my husband and I are getting there. Exactly 29days from when my M/C I think I had my period. Blood was fresh and heavy and for 3days, so I am assuming it is. It has been relief to start feeling normal again. My body is getting back to shape, I have been exercising again and feeling ready in myself to TTC. Good luck! I do hope you are feeling ok and take care.
Reading all these is so sad but very good for someone going through it
I am so sorry for all of you who are going through, or have gone through a M/C.  I am currently going through one myself.  I found out I was pregnant last Tuesday (Oct 20).  The HPT was very light but it was definitely positive. Just to make sure, I took 3 more after that, and they all showed lightly positive.  My first reaction was excitement but I didn't know why it was so light...so right away, I was concerned.  I called my OB, and she said some women's hormone levels just run low and predicted that I was about 4 weeks along.  My excitement only lasted for one day.  Wednesday afternoon I started having brown spotting.  It wasn't a lot but enough that I had to wear a pantyliner.  I called my OB again and she said that it is normal to spot brown, and as long as it wasn't red, then there was nothing to be concerned about.  But, I just had that feeling that it wasn't right.  Saturday morning I noticed the brown had a little pink, and as the day went along, a little darker red. Saturday evening I started getting really bad cramping, then I knew I was having a M/C.  I went to the bathroom and there was a lot of blood and some tissue at the bottom of the toilet, also some really dark red stringy clots. The cramps lasted until Sunday afternoon and subsided. Today is Monday and I have not had any cramping.  However I am still bleeding (like a normal period), and passing a lot of small clots. I have an appointment next Monday to see my OBGYN.  I read all of your stories and have really found it helpful for me to get past this. I have also realized how lucky I am to have had such a smooth MC so far.  I just hope everything comes out naturally and my husband and I can try again soon.  Good luck to all you ladies out there in my same situation.  
It's not an easy thing to go through a Miscarriage, to go through (Grief). Going through a miscarriage is like going through a grief process. I lost one of my twins 6 years ago, and I lost my mum to a brain tumour 2 years ago and now  I just lost my baby at 7 weeks pregnacy, last week. Today I met with a lady that lost her baby as well at 11 weeks prego, so apparently it happens to 1 in 4 pregancies. I don't mean to scare everyone but it's quite common and I believe that if the baby is not in a good state to grow and to be born healthy, the body itself expells it. It's like nature's trying to say something to us. I am 42 years of age and I guess it may be a little late to try for another one now, but only God knows what will happen next. I leave it in God's capable hands. I started bleeding brown spots at first, then bright red blood, then i bled for 8 days with alot of cramping and black clots and during this time, my prego symptoms went away instantly.  I told the midwife at the hospital that I felt like I was no longer pregnant. She said, "you are having a miscarriage and there is nothing anybody can do to stop this". I had my heart set on this baby and even though I already have 3 beautiful kids of my own, I was really looking forward to having this one. I say to all the beautiful ladies reading these testimonies - Don't give up on your dreams, if u really want it, go for it! Try again, and again until it sticks and stays there and grows into a gorgeous little bundle of joy. See a Professional for further advise on the matter if you have too.  The bible says "Be fruitful and multiple" so don't give up on your dreams.....Life is like a flower, and we need to enjoy and smell the aroma whilst we are on this planet. God Bless You All and Keep Believing !!!
I, too miscarried.  It was our first child and we had been trying for over a year, doing IVF as I have trouble concieving.  We had already spent over 20 grand on trying to get pregnant and these were our last eggs.  We got pregnant and we were soooo over the moon.  We saw the heartbeat at 6 weeks.  Then when I hit the 8 week mark, I started to spot some brown and later that evening on a Sunday I passed a very small amount of blood and tissue (bright red).  Han an u/s on Monday and the babies heart was still beating but very, very slowly.  Went back on Thursday and the babies heartbeat had stopped completely.  Friday I wound up in the ER with so much bleeding and pain (never experienced pain like that before!).  I wanted to do it naturally and all weekend continued to pass blood, tissue, large pieces that looked like liver.  On the following Wednesday since the bleeding and cramping had stopped I went back for another u/s to make sure everything was out.  Discovered the baby had passed but the sac was still very much attached and my cervix had closed.  Had to have a d&c to remove the sac as at this point my OB was concerned for infection.  So just a warning, even though the pain and bleeding can stop, you should always have a follow up u/s to make sure everything is out so that you keep yourself safe.  You would not be able to concieve (conceive) again with a sac still attached.

We are devasted.  I am still spotting slightly this week...my OB said my period probably won't come for 2 to 6 weeks now but that we can try again with another cycle.  We have to of course, now raise the money to pay for IVF again.  Sigh.

Hugs and I'm sorry for everyone's pain.
Hi there,
I'm sorry for all your losses but reading these posts comforted me. I had an u/s at around 9 wks and was told I have a blighted ovum which grew only till 6wks. After a week of emotional pain and lots of tears, I decided to end it with medication (already another wk had passed and I still had no signs). Wednesday morning I inserted 4 Misoprostol pills vaginally and by 11am my cramps started. around 2pm I started bleeding and the cramps got worse. Between 5-8pm was the peak. I was running to the bathroom every few minutes passing large clots and blood and stuff I'd never seen. I had started taking tylanol the moment I inserted the pills so the pain was tolerable. By 11pm most of it was over and I had a good night's sleep. Thursday I was pretty good and was happy that mine was a smooth one. On friday I went back to work but from the afternoon ramps started again. Saturday I was down again with lots of painful cramps that came every few minutes. Even my tummy ached. I passed some more clots. I called the hospital and the on-call OB told me to come in if i have fever or terrible pain, if I can wait, wait till the morning. Today I'm a tiny bit better, had a hot bath and trying to rest a bit. It seems that even with medication, it takes a few days. I'll go for an u/s this friday. I really hope all is out by then. I don't want a d&c.
I'll keep you updated in case there's someone out there with my situation.
hugs to all :*
hi ladies, it is truth been a women we all have these common emotions. I am sorry for all of you who are going through and gone through this hard process of miscarriage. I too went through miscarriage 4 weeks back, and i have been married for one and half years and i wanted a baby soon and got conceive in 10 days of our trying i lost my baby when i was 5.1 weeks pregnant today also i don't know what are those emotions that make me feel so empty i kept the dates in mind when i was happy been pregnant and after 5 days happened to be miscarriage. Today gynecologist never have patience to tell what is going on and what is going to happen. never mind, experience is greater and god is there for people like us. I have still not passed the sack or baby.  i really don't know what to do
nor got periods still. Very scared for this. I been thinking may be my baby does want to go out of me. I feel sorry for this situation for me and baby. i understand ladies it is so very difficult to go through this process i feel the pain we go through miscarriage can be the same like labour pain but we have gain no happiness to have baby. it is hard truth that most of us lie in this category. sorry once again to everyone. Let us pray for each other on this.....to see ourself's been  mothers soon
thanks
love
thanks
love
On tuesday just gone i was told i had a blighted Ovum, I have to wait until next tueday to medicley confirm this, I am having a lot of cramping, but am not bleeding at all, according to my dates i am just coming up to 11 weeks, but my sack is the size of 5, so my body has reconised anything wrong for 6 weeks. I just want it out now as the cramps are getting quite bad, i dont know what to do, has anyone else been trough this?
Kind regards

Misspenny
I'm pretty sure I'm having a miscarriage as I type this.  I had minimal pink spotting yesterday that pretty much ended when the minute I saw it.  I had nothing overnight and then this afternoon, the cramps and spotting has been constant.

We have had 4 failed iuis and this was our 2nd ivf.  I am so devestated and can't wrap myself around this.  I may have only been a couple of weeks preg, but it was the furthest we have ever gotten and we really thought we were getting a break.  I'm 38 and we have unexplained infertility (other than my age).

Dr. in the a.m.  
I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything is alright for you and the spotting stops.  
My daughter has just had a miscarriage after trying for a year to become pregnant - she was 9 weeks.   I am so sad for her and her husband.  I know it has been of comfort for her to read some of your comments and prepare her for the passing of her baby.   As a mum who has never (fortunately) experience a mc, it is so hard to know how to comfort my daughter - obviously it is devastating for couples to have had this happen, but it is also very sad for the grandparents.    My hope for my daughter is that she never experiences this again, and she has her very much wanted baby soon, and the same hope for everyone here.
I felt preggo since early May but HPT always (-). Finally on July 22 I went for a blood test; next day Dr ofc called (+) asking me to come in for an u/s on following Tues. As I showered b/4 the appt, I started to bleed. Dr said baby was 6W4D and that it was fine and the surrounding was fine too. He even showed us the baby and heart beating. When I got home i started having bad cramps and lots of clotting. On Friday 7/30 I went back for another u/s and Dr found that I was no longer pregnant. Dr didn't say why it happened. All I can think of is that the baby was not well. It should've been 10-11 wks at that point but only showed up as 6 wks. Anyway, Dr said I would bleed for a couple of weeks and to call him in 4-6 wks when I got my period to start fertility treatment. Well, all this time I have been spotting and discharging. Then last week Tues 8/24 I started to spot very bright red. It got worse each day after until Friday toward the afternoon I started having really BAD cramping (I noticed it was every 2 minutes). This lasted for hours. Before going to bed, I went to shower in hot water to aleviate the back pain and cramps and next thing I know I had a huge clot come out (about the size of my hand). As soon as I passed it, the cramping and back pain went away. That's when I realized it took me a over a month to completly pass! My Dr never mentioned me going to find out if everything was passed. I'm very greatful that it did pass without getting an infection. I am about to call my Dr to make an appt to check me out. It's been 3 days since I passed it and I am still bleeding a lot and still very bright red and still with cramps - though, Thank God, nothing as bad as Friday. I guess those were literally labor pains.
I began spotting on Monday evening - bright red blood. My partner took me to A and E.  A scan was arranged for the following morning.  I was told that the fetus was approx 6 weeks old - I was 9 and a half weeks pregnant.  The nurse was not very specific; she would not say that I WAS definately having a miscarriage; instead she arranged for us to have a second scan in a week's time (this coming Tuesday) stating that she wanted to check the viability of the fetal sac to see if it had grown.  As far as i'm concerned I think she knew it was deaqd - we didn't see any discernable heartbeat.  

I have spent the remaining week bleeding.  Nights have been the worst, the pain has been at times almost unbearable.  in Britain they recommend a paracetamol and leave you to get on with it.  

My partner and I are annoyed by the British system.  Frankly I WOULD have preferred a bit of honesty. I was obviously miscarrying but the nurse wouldn't specify this.  Instead they send you off with a little booklet on choices on the miscarriage process.  there reallly wasn't a choice.  It had already started.  

Hopefully the worst of it is over although I am still spotting and cramping.    

Life has to go on. The few friends and colleagues who are aware have been fab.  Whilst this the worst thing i have ever had to experience, my partner and I simply believe that the baby would not have survived
otherwise.

When you are blind, walk by faith and not by sight.

Emmie
Two weeks ago today I started spotting and called the nurse to see if that was normal and she said it could be but to come in the next morning for an ultra sound. I had no cramps, bleeding, or any sickness of any kind and I was 11 weeks along. I didn't think that when I went in for my ultra sound there wasn't going to be a baby on the screen. She asked me how far along I was and I said 11 weeks. She said your sac shows it's the size of a 7 week old. It was just a sac...no baby and no heartbeat. It was horrible. I got pregnant right away after being on birth control for 16 years and I couldn't understand it. The following Tuesday I woke up at 3am with intense cramping. I kept having to use the restroom since I had so much pressure. My moaning and groaning finally woke up my husband and he wanted to take me to the hospital but I couldn't imagine being away from the toilet that long. Finally after about an hour it passed through. It was the worst pain I had ever felt and my doctor never mentioned this could happen. She said there would be cramping and bleeding but nothing like what I went through. My plan is to get blood work done on Friday to make sure my hcg levels are at negative. I agree with another lady that posted that it helps to share your experience because so many women have been through a miscarriage and can simpithize with you. Good luck to everyone.
I am actually going through a miscarriage right now I think.  I was hoping someone could give me some info your opinion as I really havent gotten any answers.
I found out a week ago I was pregnant.  I took 3 HPT and then had a urine test at my dr which was confirmed this past Wed.  He says Im roughly 5.5 weeks.  Well on that day \i started to have spotting only on the tissue, it was a salmon colour.  I called the Dr and said this is normal but if it gets heavy bright red blood and are cramy then head to the ER.  This spotting continued off and on until Fri night at about 9.30 I was ready to go to bed and went to the washroom and had found that there was more blood red that had leaked through onto my underwear and through my pants. I still had no cramping.  We went to the hospital and had bloodwork and was told that I may be having a early miscarriage, that I will have to come back in the morning for a ultrasound.  So in the morning I went and I had a regular and vag ultrasound. The Dr on duty had then informed me that the ultra sound did not show a pregnancy, there could be 2 reasons for this.  1 he said it could be your are too early to detect the pregnancy or you have miscarriaged.  He said my HCG was only 345 and should be higher but to confirm go get more bloodwork in 48 hours and if the hcg goes up then you are still pregnant if it is going down then you have miscarried.  Personally I have no clue what to think now.  I have very light cramping almost none and do not have much spotting.  I can only go for bloodwork in 3 days.  My concern is if I am about 5.5 -6 weeks if I miscarriage and with nothing being present in the ultrasound will I actually pass something. Will I have bad bad cramping and bleeding and how long would it go on for.  I for some reason after the past few days I really dont know what to think after what Drs have said.  I have no clue if I have no clue if I have miscarried or not.  Especially when the one Dr told me to continue what I am doing. It doesnt make sense. My stomach feels tight but not painful but this is my first so I have no clue what to expect.    I would think that they(DRs) would have more answers or suggestions.  Any feedback would be much appreciated.
I hope all works out for everyone.... XOX
Hello, I'm sorry to hear about what you are going through, but I experienced something very similar back in August. I found out I was pregnant on Monday and exactly a week later I begin spotting and the blood was bright red. After a ultrasound and blood work the dr. (at the ER) confirmed I was still pregnant and diagnosed with a threatening miscarriage. The following day I visited my ob/gyn and performed another ultrasound and the baby was still there. They also did more blood work and the results showed a drastic drop and the told me to expect heavy bleeding and severe cramping over the weekend, but I didn't have either and actually stopped bleeding. I did go back for another ultrasound on that Tuesday and the baby was gone.  During the miscarriage I had light bleeding and mild cramping.
i found had missed a period and i had some lighter bleeding for 10 days that was longer and much lighter than my period with no clots or anything. i went to my doc for a check up and found it was pregnancy. had ultrasound and they told me the gestational sac was uneven and i was going to have a miscarriage at anytime , they said get scanned again in a week.

so i did the scan,the bleeding had stopped but now, and i was told again during the scan that i had actually had a miscarriage, but 5 minutes later after i cried my eyes out - they found i had an embryo there and said i hadnt miscarried  after all, but they said that it was a little small for the dates and that it was a probably a missed miscarriage/failed pregnancy, and i probably would miscarry ( bundle of fun these people)

they said my HCG was high at 28,000 and had risen since my last scan. i went back a week later, this time no embryo was visible and i was told to choose abortion pills or a d & c i said no to both and that i would wait to see if i miscarry naturally.

i went to another hospital for a 2nd opinion, my HCG had risen again, the embryo was not visible this time, but i have a tilted womb and apparently this can cause it to not be sighted, i was told the gestational sac had grown again, and the yolk was present. and not to abort but to wait as the dates could just be wrong.my dates say 8 weeks my embryo says 6 weeks.

i am so confused as to what is going on, but am waiting for a few weeks before i get scanned again so if my baby is or isnt there they can be certain and stop driving me insane with speculation. is there any harm in this ?
I somehow defied the odds and got pregnant immediately, despite hormonal imbalances, irregular cycles, etc. My partner and I felt new found pride and trust in my body. But as we were celebrating, part of me subconsciously felt this was a short lived pregnancy. At 4 and 1/2 weeks, I started spotting and cramping, which intensified overnight. By morning, it was bright red with small clots, and I couldn't stop crying. We went in for an ultrasound, and after the two hour wait in the waiting room, I was bleeding profusely. They saw the sac, unattached, and told me to call my midwife immediately. It was clearly a miscarriage. I went in to see her. Then we fought. I refused a d/c or medication, but said I wanted to stay home and m/c naturally. 2 days later, I was still bleeding and cramping, but it was letting up, and I had passed several large pieces of tissue. She sent me for another sono and a script for methergine, which I declined, since there was nothing abnormal about my M/C, and it all seemed to be happening pretty typically. But she bullied me into it, and for twenty four hours my empty uterus contracted painfully and of course nothing came out. It is one week later and my midwife is calling me for more blood tests and sonograms.

As painful as it is to grieve my tiny baby, who is unacknowledged by anyone around me, it only adds insult to injury by having a midwife that is pressing medical interventions on me left and right. I feel like I have to protect myself, my expelled embryo, and my grief from the doctors, which is the last thing I thought Id have to do. Has anyone had this experience?

Hcg's low and slow rising all along - 404 at 5w1d, rose to 808 five days later, highest was 1998 at 6w2d, then dropped dramatically to 550 at 7w2d.  B/c of this large drop, told I would be miscarrying and asked if I wanted D&C the next day -- NO THANK YOU.  There are so many stories out there of women who have been misdiagnosed and thankfully said no to a D&C, and it turned out their baby was still viable and they went on to deliver.  It seems Drs are so quick to suggest a D&C - I think it is unwise to rush into the decision to medically terminate a pregnancy.  Unless there is a real threat to the mother's well-being, I would request another u/s to confirm, rather than just going on the hcg #s.  I had another u/s today, at 7w4d, was told my gestational sac had collapsed, there was some blood in my uterus (I think that is where Dr said it was) and I should prepare for miscarriage.  I am not sure when this collapse happened, but last ultrasound was at 6w5d and the sac was still there and intact, although small for dates & no fetal pole visible, also minimal growth since prior u/s done at 6w.  At that time, thought dates could just be off.  Was scheduled for follow up u/s one week later but found out hcg drop before that f/u.  

As soon as I found out I was pregnant (5w1d) I was put on Crinone vaginal gel due to low progesterone. At approximately 6w3d I had mild, constant cramping that lasted for several hours and only one time I wiped, had very little super light pink spotting.  The next day I had little pieces of brown, dry crumbles that were on the toilet paper and in the toilet bowl.   I was told the brown was old blood and the supplements could be causing my mild cramping and bloating.  Then, at 7w, I had several wipes where there was a lot of creamy brown, clumpy discharge/blood.  And one wipe, brown with very little light red.  I haven't actually felt pregnant for about 5 days now and I currently have no cramping or bleeding.  Since being advised I would miscarry, I was told to stop the Crinone.  

With no signs of this impending m/c, and a closed cervix, I wonder how long it will take for this to happen.  I am frightened of what's to come but reading how strong you women have been and how you dealt with the pain, I will get through it also.  I am 41 and this was my first pregnancy - I conceived naturally although I have low progesterone and irregular periods - extremely light flow lasting one day.  I am scared this was my only shot, as I've never been pregnant before.  Dr tells me he has women 42 - 45 that have conceived naturally and gone full term.  Sadly, this little baby of mine was not ready for the world. This is devastating but I just have to keep the faith that what's meant to be will be.

Thank you all for sharing your heartfelt stories.  I am very sorry for all of our losses.  

After the m/c happens, I will return to write more specifics about the experience, in hopes it can help others out there searching for answers and support, as I was tonight.  Thank you all again.  
I just went through a miscarriage this morning and I am just looking for answers. This is my 3rd miscarriage after two succesful pregnancies. My doctor and I took the necessary precautions for a succesful outcome or so I thought. On thursday I had an ultrasound and there was a heartbeat of a healthy baby at 6wk5day. Everything seemed perfect. I started having cramps and light bleeding on Sunday which increased little by little. Monday morning I went to get ultrasound and heartbeat was no longer detected. I opted to have a natural miscarriage which I had this morning. My doctor said that more than likely it was an abnormality of the baby. He ask me to take whatever I passed back for evaluation and further testing. I guess I would like to know if anyone knows if its possible to figure out if the actual cause of miscarriage was abnormalities of the baby or if the medication I was given just did not work for me?
these stories are very comforting to know there is women out there enduring the same heartache i am. earlier this year in February i was having light spotting which i thought was my period bcuz it was around the time it would normally come. i also was peeing once a night which doesnt seem much, but i NEVER go to the bathroom at night. so i knew something was different about my body. the spotting stopped after not even a full day. i had a feeling i was pregnant but i decided to wait a little longer just incase i was wrong. well i finally decided to take a HPT on the 25th of February and it was positive! i was still with my boyfriend who was the daddy at the time. i scheduled an appointment with my OB and told my  bf. i didnt tell him, i was afraid of what he would say, i was waiting for the right time as i was only 18 at the time. well i had my appointment on March 3rd and the ultrasound showed i was 6w 5D. i was so excited and everything looked great. i got to hear the heartbeat and my HGC levels looked great. i scheduled another appointment for a few weeks later and went on my way. about a week and a half later on the 14th of March, first thing in the morning i began bleeding lightly. i called my OB who said its normal in early pregnancy and to come in if the bleeding got worse. well it did....a whole lot worse. i didnt bother with my OB i went straight to the ER. they did an ultrasound and they couldnt find a heartbeat. they told me the baby was only measuring a little over 7W, i was supposed to be 8W 2D. i was told to expect to miscarry soon. they asked if i wanted a D&C and i told them no...i wanted to naturally pass the baby. the heavy bleeding and clotting continued through the day and later that same night i naturally passed my baby. the daddy never knew....not even to this day. my parents dont know either. my best friend knows and thats it. i find comfort to come on here and talk about my story and get support from other women who have endured similar circumstances. it was too early to tell the sex of the baby, but i strongly felt it was a boy, so i named him Jayden. 9 months later is just as hard everyday, as if it just happened yesterday. this christmas is going to be hard...this was supposed to be our first christmas together. he was due October 25th, he would be around 2 months old on Christmas day. its devestating to loose your child, even if he was with me only 8 short weeks. i loved him everyday and continue to love him more than ever. he is held safe and secure in the arms of angels. RIP my little man.
I'm sorry for your loss and I understand the frustration that you feel. As I type this, I am anxious and wait for my miscarriage to take place --- the ultrasound, yesterday, showed that there was no longer any heartbeat (6w5d) and that it had not grown during the past week. The hearbeat was only 69 bpm the week before. For us, this is our fifth loss. We can get pregnant, just can't maintain the pregnancy. I have been poked and prodded and tested. We ruled many things out for 'reasons why' but, ultimately, sometimes the physicians just don't know and aren't able to know. It's a very frustrating situation. For us, we have taken care of ourselves and done all the right things for our bodies to ensure a viable pregnancy. If you have miscarried a third time, you might consider doing some testing - there are a range of blood tests for both you and your husband. Your doctor or an endocrinologist will be able to guide you and discuss these with you. You say that you have had two successful pregnancies - a joy to have those experiences! That doesn't lessen the emotional pain of having this miscarriage. But maybe your children and family will be a comfort for you right now. Best to you --- Stacy
I had a miscarriage three weeks ago and it was the most difficult thing I have had to go through. I am thankful for prayer and the Bible! Without that I would not know how I could have continued each day being a parent to my other three with joy. I have not read if any of you all have experienced any pain after several weeks. I was 12 to13 weeks pregnant when I miscarried. I did this naturally at home. I have noticed difficulty with some "needle like" pain or sharp pain in the uterus area after car rides or short walks...not sure if this is normal or not. I feel like my uterus is still open. Strange feeling.
I have been in the process of miscarriage for about 5 weeks now.today i am 11 wks .. It all started at the beginning of feb. I was 5 1/2 weeks and got my first dr. appt set up and all was good. a week after that i started bleeding pretty heavy and had clots the second day but no cramps. the nurse said it was a miscarriage so they sent me for blood work and levels were at 2100, then had more 2 days later and were 2600 (so slow rising).bleeding lasted 7 days so the dr had me in for an ultrasound and i was 7 weeks and was measuring at 4 1/2 weeks empty sac with some weird bands going through it , we just thought days were off, so we went back for more blood work and levels were at 3100 3 days later. so had a tiny bit of hope. Then i started bleeding again 2 days before we went back for another ultrasound 10 days later . the sac was there with a perfect yolk sac.didnt get to see my doc but saw the one on call and she said that the only thing was my levels were down to 1900 which i new wasnt a good sign ,so they told me to prepare for a miscarriage which i had already done, (they had been saying this since the beginning)  . so i went back last friday for another ultrasound to see if anything had passed , which i was sure it had because i had passed a huge clot a couple of days before , and it was still in there but it had shrunk. was measuring at 6 wks 4 days and now measuring 5 wks 2 days .they said it is because my body has started to absorbe it. the dr did say that it was very low and shouldnt take much longer to pass, but if it didnt then he would consider a d&c next week after another ultrasound..no bleeding for almost 2 weeks untill last night when i sat down on the toilet the blood just started to drip like a faucet was on. a little crampy today so i hope this is it and it passes.
I am so sorry for all of your losses and can feel for you all since i am now going through it.after i have had 2 healthy pregnancies. I just never thought it would be such a lengthy process to go through. I personally am ready for this to all be over with and cant wait to try again. i would never wish this on anyone as it is a very emotionally and physically draining experience.
Hi I am a divorced mother of two. I am engaged to a wonderful man and we desperately want a baby. I finally got pregnant after nine months of trying, we were so thrilled and couldnt wait to have a baby together. At around six weeks the ultra sound showed that the baby hadnt developed and doc said not a viable pregnancy. However, my bloodwork showed i was still pregnant and we waited to see what would happen. I counted every day i was still pregnant to be a blessing. I made it to 12 weeks and really started thinking maybe the ultra sound was wrong but i started bleeding and cramping on wednesday (its sunday now) and they sent me for second ultra sound which confirmed that the baby never developed. I was devastated and started cramping more severely that night and then had contractions for hours before delivering the sac where my precious baby should have been. I have never had anything so awful happen to me before. It is so very hard and i felt as if i wanted to die at first. i have prayed and now feel that it wasnt Gods will for us this time around and I have to accept it and move forward. My precious fiance has been wonderfully supportive is helping me through this trying time. I thank God for him every day. I am trying to look at this whole thing in a different way. I mean, at least we know we can get pregnant and lots of women have successful pregnancies after a miscarriage. I am still bleeding and passing clots and cramping from time to time. I look forward to trying again once bleeding subsides and from what I read online you are super fertile after miscarriage so I am hoping it wont take very long this time around. I am so very sorry to hear of all of your losses. I am praying for all of you to have successful pregnancies next time around. Good Luck and God Bless you all!
i had a miscourage on the 28th of feb and i feel that its the nurses fault for putting a trip on me bcos it just made me bleed i guess they were just helping the process ofdmiscourage instead of stopping it from happening.
I am m/c as I write I was 10 weeks 2 days. I had brown spotting last week for two days which then turned to red bleeding and blood clots 2 days ago. I have had bad cramping all night and I had to go to the hospital for a early pregnancy scan this morning. When I got to the hospital I felt a rush of blood come out so went to the bathroom where I then passed my baby. They did the scan after and confirmed what I already knew and said I still have a little more tissue to pass. I'm in a lot of pain and still bleeding/passing tissue at home now. I'm sorry for all your loss.
to those who have recurrent pregnancy losses. please test for auto immune diseases. this may be the reason for recurrent pregnant losses. basically, your immune system attacks the baby as it does not recognize it. usually, baby aspirin and the blood thinner - heparin help in sustaining the pregnancy. but ask your doctors first to be sure.
Hi, here is my story..
I miscarried naturally at 9 weeks ..i  just started bleeding one night on Tuesday April 26, went for U/S next day , they confirmed. I bleed heavily..passing some big chunks of tissue. Having bad cramps too, went to see my Dr. on Friday April 29, she said either she can give me some medication or I can go to emerg.  I ended up going to emergency same day, they did all the test, my hcg was 100 and U/S shows I passed everything and don’t need any medication or d&c, everything is ok. I was spotting the next 2nd week, went to my dr. she said oh as long as there is some tissue left you will bleed and she can’t give me any medication. I was frustrated coz she seems in hurry and didn’t properly answer my question. Now in my 3rd week..still spotting decided to see another dr. He sent me for blood test and said if it’s  high might have to go for D&C.
So did blood test on Friday May 13th, hcg was at 5..errrr. Dr. said it’s a border line, can’t say much and asked me to follow-up in a week. Till now I was just spotting and now suddenly started bleeding again on and off and yesterday and today (May 27), I bleed heavily and a big chunk of tissue/clot came out ;(
Frustrated went to dr. again, he seemed to worried, sent me for U/S and blood test again and said this time depending on the report, I have to go for d&c. well..although he made an urgent note for U/S, those ppl were busy and scheduled me for next Tuesday May 31.
So I’ll find out my results either on wed. or thu. I just pray everything is okay and don’t have to go for d&c after going through all this.
Extremely frustrated ;(
I am in the process of finishing my first miscarriage at 7 weeks.  I found out at 5 weeks that it was not viable.  I had spotted light pink and brown around the time of my LMP. I knew I was pregnant for a couple of weeks but was skeptical until I checked with my doctor.  U/S at 5 weeks showed nothing but the left ovary was obstructed by gas and unable to be seen. HCG was low, 652 and dropping slowly. My abdomen was tender upon exam and my doc said there was a risk I was ectopic and to watch out for symptoms.  I started bleeding, passing clots, a bit of tissue and cramping 7 days ago. On day 4 I started feeling lightheaded and short of breath as I walked up the stairs.  Which is abnormal for me. My doc told me to go to the ER right away. It was definitely in progress and my beta HCG dropped from 401 to 26 from a few days ago to that very morning.  So it wasn't an ectopic. Just lightly spotting today with some leftover cramping.  Getting another beta HCG tomorrow hopefully it will be zero. I am waiting for my AF and then I will try again.

Stay strong ladies and don't give up!
i don't know how i got on to this website but i feel for you all.  3/4 years ago i jst turned 17 i had mi first m/c i didnt really care! no pain alot of bleedin nd clotting was only 4weeks gone so wasnt as bad as some. A year and half after  i had my second m/c, i didnt even now i was pregant! I went to the doctors in alot of pain and she sent me for a scan!! i was 28weeks gone!! but only measurin about 20weeks! I'd carried my baby girl for 8weeks died inside me! it was the hardest thing i had to go through! i could of gone full tearm and give birth naturelly but i didnt! i couldnt of coped!! i was all alone! my ex-partner the father never gave a ****! I'd just meet my current partner, but couldnt tell him! it wasnt his place!! I then got told i may never be able to carry ababy!! i had to go on medication help me concieve (conceive) at 19 years old! so it was now or never!! Its now 2years later and there isnt a day that goes by that i dont think of my babies i'd have!! But once you hit rock bottem things can only gt better!! Alll your comments touched me nd i felt like i needed to share my story!...am still with my partner who i told i was pregnant in the end and he was there for me!! He even help me ave my baby girl cremated! I am now 20years old and i have a 6week old son who i adore!!  i have to learn to cope tht he's all mine and he's not going any where!!.....i wouldnt change my life including my m/c's because if i hadnt off been through all off it i wouldt understand how to make the most of my life!!

a very proud mummy
xxx
I am 9 weeks. Was until Friday when they told me the baby didn't have a heartbeat. I had went to the hospital because I started to spot. Didn't really have much pain until Saturday night. I had actual contractions all night and into Sunday. Then tonight I started passing a lot of blood and big clots. It is very hard to grasp that this is happening and That my baby is gonna go down a toilet. I haven't seen it. Kinda hoping I do after going thru this. I hope that don't sound weird. I just hate that I am actually going thru all this pain and I don't get to have my baby. This is by far the worst thing I have ever been thru and o really am sorry to anyone else that this has happened to and will happen to. All you can do is pray.
I am just after a miscarriage also, but am pretty confused. I last bleed on the 5th of June 2011 and it was  a brown/red bleed. My GP said that this was the implantation bleed, which means I would have been about nine weeks pregnant at the time of miscarriage.
However, my HGC levels came back yesterday and they only measured 5. Can anyone tell me if this means that the baby died weeks ago and I am only passing it out now? i just passed the sack a few minutes ago.
I have to say that this is the most painful (emotional) event I have ever had to go through. Just sitting there knowing you are loosing your baby, and there is not a thing you can do about it.
My heart goes out to my partner also. He is a strong man, but this has just made him fall to pieces. We are heartbroken. We had been trying for years to get pregnant and had almost given up hope when we found out we were expecting. And now this. Life is simply just not fair.

My thoughts are with you all. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. x
Hi Sis

I just went through the same thing on the 3rd this month, and it got better with the love and support from my husband and family and friends but i still find when i'm alone i start thinking the same thing about how life can take such a horrible turn after such euphoric happiness, it hits you like the first heart break ever.

i also said the same thing the other day; that i know i did not diserve this and that no one does, not even my worst enemy.

i think my huusband blames himself in a way, i've been trying to push him to try again right away but all he says is that he never wants to see me in that kinda pain ever again, and i'm also worried that i'm pushing so hard because it feels like the only thing that will heal my heart and the emptiness i feel in my body...
all we can do is be focused on the goal (healthy baby/ies) and stay posetive. i wish you a healthy baby soon!!! and know that you are a great mother already, lets not give, this will make us stronger - i hope.
i had a miscarriage last Saturday July 22  2011 and this  was my first ever yesterday night i went to use the restroom and a huge something came out of me i don't know what it was and i know it was not a blood clot i was scared but my family told me not to worry it looks like it has a tail and than it fattens out at the top and opens at the tip like a mouth full of blood i went to westchester medical on the 22 and i lost my baby in the ambulance they did the gyn u/s and all and sent me home the same day im confused on whats happening im not heavy in bleeding any more but this huge thing came out and now im nervous i am seeing my GYN  this Tuesday hope all is well.
I miscarried Aug. 17th, 2011 just before 1AM. I had my first doc. appointment just 14 hours before the miscarriage, late getting on insurance so I was 12weeks 1 day  along, I was pretty sure of that, but the doctor said she could not hear a heartbeat, but not to worry because I may not be as far along as first thought, she said I did not feel 12 weeks. she said my uterus felt many weeks less that. I had a ultrasound schedule already for that day and at the ultrasound we would know many weeks I actually was. I was sure of the time I conceived but hoped they were right and I wasn't as far along as I thought. at the ultrasound our worst fears realized looking at the screen seeing the sac measured 7 weeks with no heartbeat. It was devastating. Our little "Bug" was no more. We went home knowing our little one had died many weeks earlier and now we faced the hard facts of what had to happen next. passing our baby out of my body. my husband and I talked a lot, helping each other with our loss, and what we wanted to do with our little angle after he/she came out. We could not just flush such a precious part of us away like it didn't mean a thing. We both agreed to find a beautiful place up in the mountains we live by and buried our little Bug. (We always called it our Little BUG) We found a perfect spot by a big boulder under a berry bush and marked the spot with three granite rocks. It is a beautiful spot to lay to rest. It helped us both have more closure and a more fitting end to the life that was no more. We hold on the the thought that our little babies spirit will return to us when he/she sees fit to bless our family with their light and life. That for what ever reasons the body developing was not good enough for it to continue but will be successful at making his/her way to us at another time in the future. We hope the near future but the wait will be worth it if need be. I hope not to suffer this loss again. it is such a hard thing to deal with. I woke up this morning only six short hours after passing what was to be our future and I felt so sad, lost, but most of all EMPTY and DEAD INSIDE, for that little spark of life growing was now gone, and that was so hard to face. We have our moments me and my husband. but we help each other through and don't blame each other. It was out of both of our hands. We take it minute by minute because that is how fast our emotions can change. We allow ourselves to feel it all and that helps. I always thought of the Women when it came to miscarriage but my husband feels it just as much as I do. He has his moments just like I do. He is an amazing man and one day he will be an amazing Dad as well.
Good luck to all who read this. I hope it helps. It helped me just writing it.
Love and Blessings to all,
The Hills
I am almost positive I passed the embryo, sac, placenta last night. It was one of the most painful experiences I have ever went through. I went to the ER the day before last night, because I was bleeding bright red two days prior and cramping. I was supposed to be 12 weeks today. After an ultrasound and bloodwork, and a vaginal ultrasound, they told me I lost the baby at 6 weeks and was sure i was miscarrying. so low and behold, the cramping got worse yesterday, ALL DAY! these did NOT feel like period cramps they felt like CONTRACTIONS! Around 8pm I sat down and felt a gush of blood come out and then tons of blood and big clots were coming out! I was bleeding everywhere, literally. Ruined my jeans, got blood on the ground, toilet. and Yet, when i saw another clot i tried looking at it to see if I could find something. But I couldn't...and after about 3 hours it was all done with. I don't know if I passed the sac and everything but I figure I did. I am still getting contractions, not as bad. & bleeding, but no more clotting. I go back for a follow up soon. I don't want a d&c.
I had a mc on Friday.  Thursday night I started seeing brown spots and called the doctor the next day.  I was thinking it was nothing and wa normal because I had not cramping. They got me in for an ultrasound and on the way there I started cramping in waves and knew that was not good.  I was suppose to be 11 weeks along but the baby had stopped progressing at 7 weeks. This was my first and I had told my husband not to come because I thought it would be ok.  There I was asking the tech if she saw the heartbeat and she kept avoiding the question. I just knew.  I had to sit in the room at the doctors office and wait for my nurse to call on the phone to tell me that they baby was gone.  Then I was faced with the choice to go home or not.  Of course there ended up being no option as it was Friday afternoon and no appointment were open. I barely made it home before I started miscarrying.  It wasn't that bad at first and even though my doctors office told me to go to the emergency room I wanted to stay home. It got much worse, excruciating pain!  I thought I was going to pass out.  I passed alot of the large chunky clots and after about 4 hours the pain inproved.  Now it is Sunday and I am still having cramps and it hurts wear jeans. I was hoping I would get better sooner and the bleeding would have almost stopped by now. I guess not!  I hadn't told many people at work but had to tell my boss because I can not go to work right away. The pain is still to strong not to mention the emotional part.  I think the emotional part would heal faster if my body would!  I am stuck here at home with nothing else to think about!  Going stir crazy but am bleeding to much to even think about going to far from the bathroom.  
I was around 7-8 wks n mine measured in at 6wks. I went in the the obgyn had an ultrasound saw the baby and the little heart beating. She had said " hmm the hearts beating alittle slow and this is a tiny baby" I just looked at her.... Then she said " oh that doesn't mean anything its common don't worry but.. I do want to see u in 1 week to make sure." Well 2 days later I was bleeding then started cramping so I went to the hospital they confirmed my fears.... When they did the us the babys heart had stopped beating... I'm not sure if the baby has passed yet but I have been having cramping and clots for 2 days now. Well that felt good to get off my chest. My husband seems to not get that I'm depressed and upset. He thinks I should just get over it.
I just had a miscarriage Oct. 11. I went to confirm my pregnancy, and they confirmed that I was pregnant and asked if I wanted to have a limited ultrasound done? I had been cramping and spotting earlier that day, but I assumed it was nothing because I bled a little bit with my first baby, but I was further along when I bled with her. Anyway, once they did the ultrasound, they couldn't detect the baby's heartbeat. According to my cycle, I would have been 13 weeks, but when they did my ultrasound I only measured at 8W 5Ds. That same day, a few hours later, I started bleeding heavily. It scared me to death! I went to the ER...I don't wish a miscarriage on anyone! It's a horrible experience. I had terrible cramping and pain. I never knew I could lose that much blood!!! After leaving the ER, I had to follow up with my OB/GYN Friday, October 14 to see if I had passed everything. Well, I didn't, so I was given two pills (can't remember the exact name of them...started with a M). It was suppose to help with the process of passing everything which I assume it did because I passed more clumps. Then, I had to go back to the doctor Monday, Oct. 17 to see if everything was gone. Although, I did pass some, it still isn't completely out yet. So, they gave me another dosage, and I have to go back this coming Monday, Oct. 24. If everything hasn't passed, I will have to have a D&C. However, my bleeding has stopped significantly just spotting here and there. I went to use the bathroom a few minutes ago and no blood whatsoever. So, I'm not sure if this means everything is gone or not. I sure hope so because I really don't want to have surgery, but if that's the only way, I'm willing. So, I guess we will see what happens Monday.
I'm sorry for your loss.  I too hope this is over for you now, but if there is tissue still remaining, please know that a d&c is a quick and very simple procedure.  Recovery time is also very quick. I have had 3 of them, and in every case had no complications, and was up and fine physically the next day.  It is the emotional part that takes time to heal.  Take care, and I wish you well.
I know i'm going thru one rite now, I'M SO SCARED!!! I think the baby is still there because so far i've only discharged bloodclots the size of baseballs. I did see some tissue which i thought was the baby but I don't know for sure. I haven't cried or showed any emotions, I don't know how to feel. Is there something wrong with me?!?
I'm really sorry you are going thru this.  Is your doctor monitoring you?  That would be important.

As for the emotions, I don't think there is anything wrong with you at all.  People are all different in the way they feel about things and the way they show their feelings.  I've know people who were devestated by somehting, yet to look at them you'd never know. And I've known people who are just not all that affected by things.  It's just the way they are.  Doesn't mean anything is wrong with them.

And your not really knowing how to feel is okay too.  A m/c can cause lots of differnt feelings.  I always say that there is no right and wrong when it comes to feelings.  Feelings just are.  You may notice a mix of feelings for some time to come or you may not.  But it's okay...there is notthing wrong with you.

Again, I'm really sorry for your loss.  
I had a D&C, not by choice. Doctor advised it because I was at 11 weeks and the baby measured 5w. Honestly though, Im glad I had the surgery rather than natural. They put you to sleep and its over in 20min. I wouldn't have wanted to go through the pain of miscarrying and having to see the tissue. Plus if the doctors do it, they will send the tissue to the lab and examine it for any defects and let you know if it could happen to future pregnancies. There are risks of course with surgery, like scaring and infection, but as long as you follow the rules you should be safe. I bled for one week, thats it. Just like a bad period. You could bleed for weeks if you wait for it to happen natural. In the end its up to you, its your body and you should do what is most comfortable for you. Im sorry for your loss.
Thanks for sharing.  I'm in the same boat.  M/C at 8 weeks...or I guess six.  Dr. insisted I did a D & C the next day.  I want to wait at least two weeks and let nature take it's place.  We need to pay over $1K upfront.  I went to the ER...for the cramping and spotting...and all they said was that I was m c...no hb and sent me home.  Not looking forward to that bill.  
I'm a bit confused.  Do I need to pass a sac?  I've been spotting for 6 days now.  Cramping and light period for 4 days.  My pain is so intense like labor pain.  Lower back pain, fever, sweats, but again this is how I get every month with menstrual cramps.  I have not passed clots or a sac yet...just watery blood with mucuos when I pee....blood when I wipe...light period.  I really want this to be over....I'm 39 years old and have three healthy boy...This is my first mc...do not wish it upon anyone....Any help with more details of the process of natural m c really helps.  Thanks and again sorry to all the wonderful Mommies for having to experience such pain and loss.
Im currently going through a miscariage,i had light bleeding a week ago,and last nite i experianced heavy bleeding with lots of thick red clots,this morning the blood has reduced,iv experianced a miscariage before about 2months ago,and after heaving bleeding and labour cramps the sac passed and i had a complete miscariage,but this time after all the bleeding and no pain the sac hasnt come out,and i can feel it when i stick my finger into my virgina!is this normal?and when wil the sac pass?this pregnacy was not planned and im to afraid to tel my mum wat is happening,as i went thru the last miscariage without telling her since i wasnt at home!any advice would help im 22years old!
I posted in your other thread.  I think you may need to be checked out by a doctor.  do you have a doctor you can see?  or go to a health clinic?  I know that you need to be sure that everything passes bc you can get infection if something is left.  I'm not sure why the sac hasn't passed, but you may need a pill (i forgot what they call it) to help you along.  Good luck, hun and sorry you are going thru this again.
hi i had a miscarriage on the 22nd of december i was advised to use cytotec to remove all the tissue i was 6 weeks and 5 days at the time an when i took it only two clots came out an that was it i stopped bleeding i went back to the doctor to find out most of the tissue was still in me so i took another dose of cytotec. this time it was painful i had contractions i was screamin at my cousin an i had severe back ache . i bled heavy for two days an passed about 10 clots in total for mayb 5 days . now my bleeding is light but the cramps are feeling more like period cramps than when i took the pills an they've been goin on for 2 days i dont know what could possibly be goin on if anyone can give me some advice as to what may be goin on please answer.
Hi, all...I'm sharing my story to hopefully be a comfort to all who read this.   I am currently going through my first m/c....this whole process has been so difficult, but please be encouraged.  I am 37 years old and have two beautiful sons, ages 7 and 5 1/2.  Due to medical issues, I have been told that my sons are walking miracles...and I firmly do believe this.  My husband and I have always wanted more children....we really hoped for a girl this time around.  We were SO excited when we found out that we were expecting.  When I started spotting with this pregnancy, I called my doctor and spoke to the nurse.  She asked me a series of questions and then from that she asked me to come in to do blood work.  The tests showed that my betas were great but that my progesterone levels were low. The spotting continued.  I went back into the office to have repeat blood work and then to have an ultrasound.  The ultrasound showed that the baby was not 7 wks 3 days, rather 6 wks along...and we saw the baby's heartbeat!  I figured that either I had my dates wrong or I ovulated later in my cycle.  After my doctor reviewed everything and saw that my blood work showed that my Betas were still increasing while my progesterone levels went down again, she immediately started me on vaginal progesterone suppositories.  All this took place last Friday.  Once I stated the medication, the spotting stopped.  I had my first 'official' OB appointment scheduled for this past Tuesday.  It just so happened that I started spotting Tuesday morning.  I thought this was strange.  So, anyhow...They started the appointment off with a trip to the financial person and then I went to have my second ultrasound.  My husband and I went into this appoinment with very high expectation to see our baby alive and well.  When I didn't see a heartbeat, my heart sank.  Words can't really describe how I was feeling in that moment.  I couldn't believe it because just 1 1/2 weeks ago, I saw the baby's heart beating just fine.  After the ultrasound, I went to see the doctor.  My husband and I were in shock as we waited in the room...I began to cry.  My husband and I didn't want to give up, though.  We are Christians and wanted to remain hopefully for a miracle.  After my doctor came in to see us, we told her that we wanted to hold on for a miracle.  She said okay and in a matter of words said that they would walk through this with us, if this is what we needed to do.  And let me add here, that my doctor is amazing!  She has been such a blessing in our lives.  It's so nice to have a doctor that isn't negative, but rather full of compassion.  So, anyhow...I finished my appoinment by doing lab work.  The results showed that my betas went down from 17,000 to 10,000 something...so it didn't look good.  I knew everything looked terrible, but something inside of me didn't want to give up.  We asked for our family and friends to pray with us.  To make a LONG story short, I ended up miscarrying the baby last night.  The process wasnt terrible, which was a miracle in itself!   As the spotting increased yesterday, I started to get cramps last night.  The cramps lasted for about 2 hours.  The cramps felt a little stronger than menstral cramps.  I didnt know I was in the process of having the miscarrage (miscarriage), but wondered.  When I got up from the chair I was resting in, I passed something...it felt like I passed a few blood clots.  I immediately stopped and thought to myself, "what just happened??  Did I just pass the baby?".  You, know, it's so weird because I had complete peace in my heart in that moment.  I fully believe that all the prayers of our friends and family bought me to the point were I could trust God to believe that everything would be okay.  I am still sad and am walking through this step by step, but I am not walking through this alone.  My husband and I have God, his Son, Jesus, and the comfort of the Holy Spirit.  The peace and comfort that God has given us is part of the miracle.  It is my prayer that all who read this will find comfort and peace in the Lord.  He is very near to you...
Hi all,

I had my first m/c 2 weeks ago. I believe I was about 5-6 weeks pregnant. I don't have health insurance so I cannot afford to keep going to the doctor. I have been bleeding pretty heavily since the miscarriage. Is this normal? Sometimes it is lighter than others. I have passed a couple very large clots since the m/c. Right now it is dark brown but still pretty heavy bleeding. Do i need a d/c?
Hi everyone,
So sorry to hear about all of your m/c's. I just found out this past Tuesday that I am currently losing/have lost this baby. I went in for my first prenatal visit on Mon Jan 16th, was checked in at 10w. Doctor noticed some spotting, didn't seem too concerned. Got the u/s machine out, she said the baby was measuring small, and said something else about it not developing. The words kind of all jumbled up in my head and scared me to death. She scheduled a formal u/s for later that day so they could get a better glimpse at it. Went in later on, and I couldn't really see the screen but my hubby said it didn't look good. Doctor called me on the phone after seeing u/s, said it didn't tell her much, except was measuring at 6w, and hcg levels were at 11,000. Scheduled another u/s for 2 weeks out to check again, went home and prayed. Woke up the next day with bright red spotting and at that very moment I knew. Decided to let it come out naturally. Still bleeding and cramping is worse, still have not seen the sac or anything unusual come out as of yet. I'm scared...Took us 7 yrs to try for this baby and now we can't even have it...worried about future pregnancies...
I had a suspected miscarrage (miscarriage) at 5weeks and now 2 months later i am having very bad pains in my lower stomach and pelvic area and my stomach is swollen a lot and very hard my period for this month was a week early and its very black in colour could anyone please help thanks.
I think I may have had one but not sure it would have only been 8 days old. But i have been in pain for 5 days and no bleeding until today. Still in alot of pain tho. I was late and im not sure how late but at least 4-7 days. So not sure if I was or not but the thinking i was and then finding out now that im not it made me feel so bad. Also this was not planned but now I have all this thoughts and it just hurts knowing it may have but its not.
Last Thursday I had brown spotting (10 weeks) and called my OB/GYN, and she laughed and told me this was very common. Okay. Friday wasn't so funny. I was cramping like in my lower back area and right hip. Awkward, so I noticed more redish (wanted not that color) and tissue was stringing out on t.paper. I gave her a call back and she said they would schedule me an ultrasound that morning. Okay. Get there and they told me something that my body didn't delvelop a fetus, but grew the sac. They said I had a 10% chance of HOPE out of 90% bleeding??? Okay. Well I went into shock. I also had the chance to have a D&C but opted out of it. The only difference is I think you bleed longer with unexpected LARGE amounts of clots you deny passing with a natural miscarriage. I was devasted! The pains were like LABOR pains (I have 2 older kids). I passed out a size of a grapefruit clot. The most painfulest thing I'll never forget. I'm so mourning right now. God Bless everyone in here.
I had a natural miscarriage but I was lucky to have a scan because they were unsure if I had passed the baby but they knew I ad pass the placenta ... Scan confirmed it all however I had some tissue left. They gave me medicine to get rid of it. Since then ( four weeks later) I've bleed lightly and then the one day I bled heavily and passed another clot. The doctors think it was the tissue that should have come out with the medicine. I've finally stopped bleeding today so its been a long process .
So sorry to hear about everyones loses!
I had a m/c 20 May 12. This would have been my 2nd Pregnancy. I had the preganancy symptoms but i was holding off to do a home preg test. After bring 2 wks late to get my period, i did the test on Saturday 19 May. While i did the urine test i saw some blood came out. I thought i was not pregnant and probably got my period but then 5  mins after looked at the preg test and there was 2 lines indiciating I was pregant! So I got confused and didnt really know if i was pregnant or not. Next day went to see the local GP and told her that test was positive but I am bleeding (thinking it was period) and she got me to do a blood test to measure the HCG level.
I did another preg test on Sunday and the test was coming as negative. So i convinced my self i was never pregnant.When i went back to the GP she confirmed that my HCG lvl was only 6 and my bleeding was not period and that I had a miscarriage! It was sad the day i found out I was pregnant was the day i also lost the baby. Bleeding was heavy for 3 days and now it has slowed to only few spots. I only had minor cramp which was like period pain. I was 6wks and 4 days. Although it was a very short preganancy i do feel a sense of emptiness. I have been reading blogs about miscarriages and reading stories that made me realise i am not alone.
thank u everyone for sharing your stories.
Aww I'm sorry for your loss :(
Hi There-

I know this post is a few years old, but I was wondering if you got pregnant again and what the outcome was.  I am exactly you.  I read your story and thought I wrote it.  I am also 39 with my first pregnancy ending in miscarriage at 7 weeks.  We just found out on Friday via ultrasound that there is no heartbeat (it is now Sunday).  My doctor wasn't in the office when we found out on Friday, so I am seeing her Tuesday to decide what my best option is.  My body hasn't started the natural miscarriage process yet.

I am really sorry you had to go through this.  It is devastating.

Thanks,

Ro
I am currently going through a miscarriage. My first ultrasound at 8 weeks the baby measured 6 weeks with a 90bpm heartrate. At 9 weeks 1 day I had another ultrasound and the heartbeat was gone. I naturally miscarried the next day- after my dnc had been scheduled. It was rough. Had bloodwork yesterday and again in 4 days. After both tests we will know whether I have to have the dnc or not. I have been bleeding for almost 2 weeks and continue to clot and lose tissue. I am hoping I am almost done.  
I am 19 and was supposed to be 9 weeks 6 days pregnant today, but found out 2 days ago that my baby had not made it past 6weeks1day. I've been bleeding heavily with clots and cramps for 2 days now and can't wait for this nightmare to be over. The physical pain is nothing when compared to the mental trauma. At first I was questioning my faith and now every time I see a baby I feel resentful. Reading these stories helps, but I feel so bad for those who have to go through this pain. It is heart wrenching. The baby's father and I were so excited, and our families were overjoyed. My mother is completely devastated now, because it would have been her first grandchild. It makes me cry to just write this because the wound is still so fresh. I am back to trusting God, and I thank him for my family and my loving boyfriend. They are the only reasons I am making it through this whole ordeal with my sanity.

God bless everyone who knows this type of pain.
I had a miscarriage this sunday just gone on the 03/06/12. I went to the hospital that morning in so much pain but they sent me away and told me I would have to come back on the following wednesday to get an ultrasound, I knew what was going on. Well as the day went on the pain got even more intense to the point where I couldn't even walk. I passed the baby that afternoon and it was the size of my hand, I was 11wks and 5days. It was horrible. I went to the hosp on the wednesday and they told me there is still some left in there but to carry on letting it pass naturally it'll be heavyer but my bleeding isn't heavy. Should I be worried ?
Hi, well my story is that in November 2011 I fell pregnant for the first time and we were so excited to have this baby, then 2 days before my doctor's appointment in January 2012 i started to bleed a little. No cramps no pain so i immediately went to see my doctor who did the scan and when i was supposed to be about 8 weeks pregnant the fetus was a 6w one and it did not have a heartbeat. An hour after i got home I m/c naturally. Three months later i fell pregnant again and I was ecstatic that it happened so soon as I am 31 yrs old and am ready for a family. All was going well I went to my first doctor's appointment at 8w and the fetus was the proper size, the heart was beating it was pure heaven for me and my boyfriend. Yesterday I went to my 12w appointment with my bf and we were so excited only to have our dream shattered....the heart beat was not seen anymore and the fetus was an 11w size so for the last week i've been thinking that i'm still pregnant....have not had any blood or cramps... Tomorrow i am going in to hospital and they are going to induce labour for the removal of the fetus. I am extremely scared, sad, empty and confused and am hoping that it wont be too painful. Anybody out there done that before?? We have decided to stop trying for a baby for now as these two experiences in a row is quite traumatic on me!!! Thanks for the stories I can relate to. Kelly
I'm so glad to see that we as women are able to talk and help each other through this difficult time.  I recently had a m/c @5w4d pregnant 5 days ago.  I started spotting early that morning, and began to panic.  Everyone around me was telling me that was normal, but I KNEW something was wrong.not even ten minutes after the spotting started i began to cramp more and more, and bleed more and more. When i got to the emergency room they did a vaginal u/s and an exterior u/s and saw nothing.  I was sent home with pain meds and told that if I started to pass clot to call back...and of course an hour after i got home i began passing clots.  When I call the ER back is when they told me I was having a m/c.  I've never experienced such physical and emotinal pain in my life.  It made me feel alot better to see that there are many other women experiencing the same feelings.  I struggle when understanding how you can go from having the greastest feeling and happiness in the world, to such pain and emptiness in a few short hours.  Everyone tells me it happened for a reason and I canunderstand that, but what if it happens again?
I got pregnant in September 2009 and I started spotting at 9w after a weekly spotting a had a natural miscarriage I was so sad and heartbroken I wait 11 years to get pregnant  and that happening was really awful, I wait 6 months to try again and I got pregnant right away and now I have a 14 months old baby girl so from my experience I can tell you that a miscarriage is really hard but if your dream of being a mom is bigger than your fears everything is possible  good luck to every one and god bless you all.
It's 2:37am and I just had a m/c and I feel sad, alone, and just hurting.  I am so shook up because I felt lost through this whole process and I had hope the whole way through because of my lack of knowledge of m/c.  I just googled: What do you do after a m/c?  I came up with this page and I really thank God for leading me here...  I realize m/c are more common than I knew and I see many women have more children afterwards so some of my fears are put to rest.  I still feel very sad for my baby and for our loss of not being able to see this child grow up, however, I know my baby is with the Lord.  That gives me some peace.

Thank you ladies for posting your story.  You really helped me!  I am going to bury my baby later today with my favorite cousin who passed away many years ago.  I can't just dispose of my baby or give it to a doctor to dispose of.
I am so sorry for everyone who have had suffered a m/c. It has been almost 2 weeks since I found out my baby was gone. No heart beat. Baby was 12 weeks 5 days. I had a D&C done right away with my OBGYN the next day. It had already been 1 week 5 days since the baby's heart stopped. That is what an approximate date was from the ultrasound measurements. My Dr. gave me the options of waiting for it to pass by itself but there were a few factors when making the decision. First was infection, then left over tissue and third not happening on its' own. I had already had the huge painful heartbreak of seeing no heartbeat and hearing the words how sorry they were. It was like the someone already stole the life out of me right there. And I just wanted my baby ASAP no matter what condition. I felt the need to hold it and feel it was real. I was in denial for about 20 hours after the ultrasound until I had the D&C and held my baby at home. We took the option of brining our baby home and doing a private burial. The hospital had the baby wrapped up in a hand made knitted blanket with a bow in a basket. And another handmade quilt. It was the hardest thing ever to look at something so sad bet yet so beautiful to me no matter what other people thought. I held my baby in the blanket for hours and cried until I was ready to let go. I made it a little casket from the craft store. I stained a little wood box and made another blanket with a bow and hot glued some white crafted roses on top and letters on the side with a name. I wanted to keep the baby's original blankets. We also bought a lovely tree that blooms once a year we can see from our back window. It's hard, very hard. Find ways to let go when you are ready and cry as much as you want. I found it easier saying, "I don't know what to say" as I cried and my family and friends helped by saying, "I am sure it is hard say anything you want." I don't think I will ever get over this or forget. But I am at peace knowing my baby is where it belongs. I will cry daily maybe several times a day but I find hope and love in the things I do have now. I have a 7yr old son and he wanted a big brother for so long. We tried so hard. And I told him how sorry I was. Mommy tried so hard. He then replied, "Mommy I am still your baby." My heart and I cried. The sweetest words to help me through the pain. I can only be grateful for what I have been given and blessed for the hope I receive. I pray for you all.
i went the doctors the other day cause i had really bad pains in my stomach and as he was talking to me he said to me i am sorry but you have just had a miss carriage and he said to me that i would of bin 5 weeks pregnant and i feel so hurt that has happened to me as never had one before
About 4 weeks ago i found out i was preg..went to the dr and by my lmp i should have been 8 weeks....went for internal ultrasound on tues the 14th  and there was no heart beat and i was showing 5 weeks which couldnt be possible...they took blood and my levels were low...two days later they took it again and it was still dropping...so they told me i would miscarry..today is saturday the 18th and i have no bleeding and no cramping....i had a miscarriage about a yr ago and i was supposed to be 8 weeks again and us didnt show that but i had started spotting before the US (thats why they did it) about two days later i passed the sac that was about the size of a quater...had light cramping and i bleed for about a week it never got real heavy...i just pray to God that this one goes so smooth...i would hate to have to pass a baby that is 10+ weeks i feel for all of you that have had a hard time...im sorry for your loss
I known that i am pregnant on last Monday after that i am spotting. I went to doctor on Friday. He said that i am Miscarried. He said that he will remove it through D&C and it wont go in Natural Process. My Husband contacted some other Doctor's. There Suggested for Natural miscarriage as it is Early Pregnancy. I am a Pregnant of 6.6 weeks. Who had Miscarriage with in 12 to 13 (or few more) weeks can go through natural Miscarriage.

On Saturday I took Physical Strain like Cleaning Home.. so that the bleed was Heavy, i  drunken more water so that i am going to bathroom and than i found 6.6 weeks baby came out...

By Cleaning my Home i Cleaned my self....with out any D&C.....
Hi all. Just want to say sorry for all your losses.

I just want to share my story, I'm 21 and I found out I was pregnant very early. I've been visiting the EPAU for 4 weeks now. I have my sak, fetal pole just no heart beat. that could of been due to the fact it was to early to detect the heart beat. Everything was going okay until the 6th of December, I noticed I was passing bright red blood, I'd been bleeding for 4 days, just like a light period. Until early hours of Tuesday morning, I had really bad cramps, I couldn't move the pain was that bad, it was only on the one side, (the left) I rang the hospital and they said it sounded like I was in the early stages of miscarriage. I'd passed 4 large blood clots, but after passing them I felt as if there was nothin else to pass. And I thought that's it, I've lost my baby!

After coming to terms with the fact I was no longer pregnant, EPAU rang me and asked me to come in and have a check up. I eventually got called in, i had an internal scan to be told by the sono that it looked as if it was breaking away, and it had not turned out the way we had planned, as there was still no heart beat, by this time it had hit home that I had lost my baby.

I waited for the consultant, but she never told me I had miscarried, she told me that my pregnancy had progressed, but my sak was a little irregular and that I was having a threatened miscarriage. I was really confused but also happy that I still had a chance of having a baby!

Now I'm due for another scan on the 18th, I have hope that I may still be carring. I am still bleeding and passing little blood clots with period pains but I have prepared myself for the worst..

Has anyone else experienced this? This is my first pregnancy and so confused.

I know this is an old post from 2008. Now is 2013. I just had my 4th miscarriage too. First and 3rd we saw a heartbeat and baby stopped developing at 9+ to 10 weeks. 2nd and 4th are blighted ovum. So it was devastating for us. We also checked and did all the tests available and doctor found nothing that could explain this. My hormones levels were all good always. We are still praying for the day that we will have a healthy baby but right now I am scared to even hope.
your stories (sad but helpful), I have to thank you all.  You have answered the questions that were lingering in my mind.

Now that I go back a fews weeks, I had spotting in December 2012 and I took it as just a regular period.  But during the next fews weeks, I knew something was going on with my body.  I was tired and had aches.  Then I did some house cleaning, and took a pregnancy test, it came out positive (Jan 2013).  Then the next day, I had some bleeding, and painful cramps.  This went on for a few weeks, then the bleeding and cramps became more intense.  I couldn't function, but I still went to work, driving was painful with the cramps.  My back hurt so much on every bump.  Then at the end of my work day, I went to the bathroom with intense cramps.  I pushed and then I heard a small splash.  After that I took it as a clot passing (or a BM).  Today, I still bleed, and every time I wipe I see blood, but not a lot of it.  I have no more intense cramps and my back no longer hurts.  I will go in to see my DR on tuesday morning, I hope he can tell me what went on.  I just need to know if I had another miscarriage.

Your stories have helped me a lot.  Answered a lot of the questions I had.  I hope he doesn't have to examine me inside, but I hope he can do an ultrasound, just to verify my suspicions.  I hope everything works out.
I had a misscarage Thursday arvo just gone worse thing I have ever been through , never seen so much blood and massive clots was so upset had to be raced to hospital in an ambulance I was just over 10 weeks , cramping and back pain was intense , back to the drs to see if everything passes I hope so don't want to go through anymore , good luck with everything
Such powerful stories - thank you all for sharing.  This has been so helpful for me as I wait for a natural miscarriage to pass.
Yesterday I went in for my routine 15-week prenatal visit.  No heartbeat was picked up with the doppler, nor the u/s.  Was sent to the hospital to get a better u/s with an actual tech.  Thankfully my husband was able to leave work and hold my hand through the process.  We could see the developed arms and legs and body, but the screen was so still, and there was obviously no heartbeat found.  It was devastating to us, as we had celebrated making into the 2nd trimester!  
We've decided to wait for the baby to pass naturally, and are praying that my body will recognize that it needs to pass the baby before too much time passes.  We're opting not to have a D&C, as we wouldn't be able to see or touch the perfect little body.  We want to take a picture of it, identify the gender, name it, and bury it.  
One of the hardest things about this loss was that my sister is also pregnant at the same time - we were actually due only 5 days apart!  We had given each other our pregnancy announcements during the same conversation one day, and had been taking monthly baby bump pictures together.  When I told her the sad news yesterday she cried and cried with me, and I do believe she hurts just as much as I am.  
We will always remember, and hurt, although most of the pain will subside over time.  
I ALSO went through this very emotional i was 10wks i found out from the firstnweek were expecting so we had become really excited within tje 3rd week i felt 5months pregnant very tired and sore all the time by week 5 i had started to slightly bleed  week 10 woke up earlier hours of the morning with excrutiating painnlike the worst part of the labor pains 2hrs later slowly died down woke up in tje morning to go toilet and the baby came out it was just like a fleshy looking thing started crying was very upsetting that lasted for 2 weeks was kind of light on the first week by tje second week i was passing fist size bllodclots ver unvomfortable but one thing i wish i would of knpwn then is it does get better and you will be fine its just another way of your body saying its not ready so try again and dont lose hope...
I'm so sorry to hear that. I have been going through a miscarriage this past week and I know how hard it is. Prayers to you and your family <3