WHat happens after natural miscarriage
HI all,

I've been advised that I am going to miscarry.  Gestational sac with no heartbeat measuring 6W5D and I should be 8W2D.  I am willing to wait for a natural m/c , but I"m worried about tissue being left behind.  Do they do an ultrasound after you start to miscarry to make sure everything comes out?  I haven't started to bleed yet and know it could take weeks.
i don't know how i got on to this website but i feel for you all.  3/4 years ago i jst turned 17 i had mi first m/c i didnt really care! no pain alot of bleedin nd clotting was only 4weeks gone so wasnt as bad as some. A year and half after  i had my second m/c, i didnt even now i was pregant! I went to the doctors in alot of pain and she sent me for a scan!! i was 28weeks gone!! but only measurin about 20weeks! I'd carried my baby girl for 8weeks died inside me! it was the hardest thing i had to go through! i could of gone full tearm and give birth naturelly but i didnt! i couldnt of coped!! i was all alone! my ex-partner the father never gave a ****! I'd just meet my current partner, but couldnt tell him! it wasnt his place!! I then got told i may never be able to carry ababy!! i had to go on medication help me concieve at 19 years old! so it was now or never!! Its now 2years later and there isnt a day that goes by that i dont think of my babies i'd have!! But once you hit rock bottem things can only gt better!! Alll your comments touched me nd i felt like i needed to share my story!...am still with my partner who i told i was pregnant in the end and he was there for me!! He even help me ave my baby girl cremated! I am now 20years old and i have a 6week old son who i adore!!  i have to learn to cope tht he's all mine and he's not going any where!!.....i wouldnt change my life including my m/c's because if i hadnt off been through all off it i wouldt understand how to make the most of my life!!

a very proud mummy
xxx
I am 9 weeks. Was until Friday when they told me the baby didn't have a heartbeat. I had went to the hospital because I started to spot. Didn't really have much pain until Saturday night. I had actual contractions all night and into Sunday. Then tonight I started passing a lot of blood and big clots. It is very hard to grasp that this is happening and That my baby is gonna go down a toilet. I haven't seen it. Kinda hoping I do after going thru this. I hope that don't sound weird. I just hate that I am actually going thru all this pain and I don't get to have my baby. This is by far the worst thing I have ever been thru and o really am sorry to anyone else that this has happened to and will happen to. All you can do is pray.
I am just after a miscarriage also, but am pretty confused. I last bleed on the 5th of June 2011 and it was  a brown/red bleed. My GP said that this was the implantation bleed, which means I would have been about nine weeks pregnant at the time of miscarriage.
However, my HGC levels came back yesterday and they only measured 5. Can anyone tell me if this means that the baby died weeks ago and I am only passing it out now? i just passed the sack a few minutes ago.
I have to say that this is the most painful (emotional) event I have ever had to go through. Just sitting there knowing you are loosing your baby, and there is not a thing you can do about it.
My heart goes out to my partner also. He is a strong man, but this has just made him fall to pieces. We are heartbroken. We had been trying for years to get pregnant and had almost given up hope when we found out we were expecting. And now this. Life is simply just not fair.

My thoughts are with you all. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. x
Hi Sis

I just went through the same thing on the 3rd this month, and it got better with the love and support from my husband and family and friends but i still find when i'm alone i start thinking the same thing about how life can take such a horrible turn after such euphoric happiness, it hits you like the first heart break ever.

i also said the same thing the other day; that i know i did not diserve this and that no one does, not even my worst enemy.

i think my huusband blames himself in a way, i've been trying to push him to try again right away but all he says is that he never wants to see me in that kinda pain ever again, and i'm also worried that i'm pushing so hard because it feels like the only thing that will heal my heart and the emptiness i feel in my body...
all we can do is be focused on the goal (healthy baby/ies) and stay posetive. i wish you a healthy baby soon!!! and know that you are a great mother already, lets not give, this will make us stronger - i hope.
i had a miscarriage last Saturday July 22  2011 and this  was my first ever yesterday night i went to use the restroom and a huge something came out of me i don't know what it was and i know it was not a blood clot i was scared but my family told me not to worry it looks like it has a tail and than it fattens out at the top and opens at the tip like a mouth full of blood i went to westchester medical on the 22 and i lost my baby in the ambulance they did the gyn u/s and all and sent me home the same day im confused on whats happening im not heavy in bleeding any more but this huge thing came out and now im nervous i am seeing my GYN  this Tuesday hope all is well.
I miscarried Aug. 17th, 2011 just before 1AM. I had my first doc. appointment just 14 hours before the miscarriage, late getting on insurance so I was 12weeks 1 day  along, I was pretty sure of that, but the doctor said she could not hear a heartbeat, but not to worry because I may not be as far along as first thought, she said I did not feel 12 weeks. she said my uterus felt many weeks less that. I had a ultrasound schedule already for that day and at the ultrasound we would know many weeks I actually was. I was sure of the time I conceived but hoped they were right and I wasn't as far along as I thought. at the ultrasound our worst fears realized looking at the screen seeing the sac measured 7 weeks with no heartbeat. It was devastating. Our little "Bug" was no more. We went home knowing our little one had died many weeks earlier and now we faced the hard facts of what had to happen next. passing our baby out of my body. my husband and I talked a lot, helping each other with our loss, and what we wanted to do with our little angle after he/she came out. We could not just flush such a precious part of us away like it didn't mean a thing. We both agreed to find a beautiful place up in the mountains we live by and buried our little Bug. (We always called it our Little BUG) We found a perfect spot by a big boulder under a berry bush and marked the spot with three granite rocks. It is a beautiful spot to lay to rest. It helped us both have more closure and a more fitting end to the life that was no more. We hold on the the thought that our little babies spirit will return to us when he/she sees fit to bless our family with their light and life. That for what ever reasons the body developing was not good enough for it to continue but will be successful at making his/her way to us at another time in the future. We hope the near future but the wait will be worth it if need be. I hope not to suffer this loss again. it is such a hard thing to deal with. I woke up this morning only six short hours after passing what was to be our future and I felt so sad, lost, but most of all EMPTY and DEAD INSIDE, for that little spark of life growing was now gone, and that was so hard to face. We have our moments me and my husband. but we help each other through and don't blame each other. It was out of both of our hands. We take it minute by minute because that is how fast our emotions can change. We allow ourselves to feel it all and that helps. I always thought of the Women when it came to miscarriage but my husband feels it just as much as I do. He has his moments just like I do. He is an amazing man and one day he will be an amazing Dad as well.
Good luck to all who read this. I hope it helps. It helped me just writing it.
Love and Blessings to all,
The Hills
I am almost positive I passed the embryo, sac, placenta last night. It was one of the most painful experiences I have ever went through. I went to the ER the day before last night, because I was bleeding bright red two days prior and cramping. I was supposed to be 12 weeks today. After an ultrasound and bloodwork, and a vaginal ultrasound, they told me I lost the baby at 6 weeks and was sure i was miscarrying. so low and behold, the cramping got worse yesterday, ALL DAY! these did NOT feel like period cramps they felt like CONTRACTIONS! Around 8pm I sat down and felt a gush of blood come out and then tons of blood and big clots were coming out! I was bleeding everywhere, literally. Ruined my jeans, got blood on the ground, toilet. and Yet, when i saw another clot i tried looking at it to see if I could find something. But I couldn't...and after about 3 hours it was all done with. I don't know if I passed the sac and everything but I figure I did. I am still getting contractions, not as bad. & bleeding, but no more clotting. I go back for a follow up soon. I don't want a d&c.
I had a mc on Friday.  Thursday night I started seeing brown spots and called the doctor the next day.  I was thinking it was nothing and wa normal because I had not cramping. They got me in for an ultrasound and on the way there I started cramping in waves and knew that was not good.  I was suppose to be 11 weeks along but the baby had stopped progressing at 7 weeks. This was my first and I had told my husband not to come because I thought it would be ok.  There I was asking the tech if she saw the heartbeat and she kept avoiding the question. I just knew.  I had to sit in the room at the doctors office and wait for my nurse to call on the phone to tell me that they baby was gone.  Then I was faced with the choice to go home or not.  Of course there ended up being no option as it was Friday afternoon and no appointment were open. I barely made it home before I started miscarrying.  It wasn't that bad at first and even though my doctors office told me to go to the emergency room I wanted to stay home. It got much worse, excruciating pain!  I thought I was going to pass out.  I passed alot of the large chunky clots and after about 4 hours the pain inproved.  Now it is Sunday and I am still having cramps and it hurts wear jeans. I was hoping I would get better sooner and the bleeding would have almost stopped by now. I guess not!  I hadn't told many people at work but had to tell my boss because I can not go to work right away. The pain is still to strong not to mention the emotional part.  I think the emotional part would heal faster if my body would!  I am stuck here at home with nothing else to think about!  Going stir crazy but am bleeding to much to even think about going to far from the bathroom.  
I was around 7-8 wks n mine measured in at 6wks. I went in the the obgyn had an ultrasound saw the baby and the little heart beating. She had said " hmm the hearts beating alittle slow and this is a tiny baby" I just looked at her.... Then she said " oh that doesn't mean anything its common don't worry but.. I do want to see u in 1 week to make sure." Well 2 days later I was bleeding then started cramping so I went to the hospital they confirmed my fears.... When they did the us the babys heart had stopped beating... I'm not sure if the baby has passed yet but I have been having cramping and clots for 2 days now. Well that felt good to get off my chest. My husband seems to not get that I'm depressed and upset. He thinks I should just get over it.
I just had a miscarriage Oct. 11. I went to confirm my pregnancy, and they confirmed that I was pregnant and asked if I wanted to have a limited ultrasound done? I had been cramping and spotting earlier that day, but I assumed it was nothing because I bled a little bit with my first baby, but I was further along when I bled with her. Anyway, once they did the ultrasound, they couldn't detect the baby's heartbeat. According to my cycle, I would have been 13 weeks, but when they did my ultrasound I only measured at 8W 5Ds. That same day, a few hours later, I started bleeding heavily. It scared me to death! I went to the ER...I don't wish a miscarriage on anyone! It's a horrible experience. I had terrible cramping and pain. I never knew I could lose that much blood!!! After leaving the ER, I had to follow up with my OB/GYN Friday, October 14 to see if I had passed everything. Well, I didn't, so I was given two pills (can't remember the exact name of them...started with a M). It was suppose to help with the process of passing everything which I assume it did because I passed more clumps. Then, I had to go back to the doctor Monday, Oct. 17 to see if everything was gone. Although, I did pass some, it still isn't completely out yet. So, they gave me another dosage, and I have to go back this coming Monday, Oct. 24. If everything hasn't passed, I will have to have a D&C. However, my bleeding has stopped significantly just spotting here and there. I went to use the bathroom a few minutes ago and no blood whatsoever. So, I'm not sure if this means everything is gone or not. I sure hope so because I really don't want to have surgery, but if that's the only way, I'm willing. So, I guess we will see what happens Monday.
I'm sorry for your loss.  I too hope this is over for you now, but if there is tissue still remaining, please know that a d&c is a quick and very simple procedure.  Recovery time is also very quick. I have had 3 of them, and in every case had no complications, and was up and fine physically the next day.  It is the emotional part that takes time to heal.  Take care, and I wish you well.
I know i'm going thru one rite now, I'M SO SCARED!!! I think the baby is still there because so far i've only discharged bloodclots the size of baseballs. I did see some tissue which i thought was the baby but I don't know for sure. I haven't cried or showed any emotions, I don't know how to feel. Is there something wrong with me?!?
I'm really sorry you are going thru this.  Is your doctor monitoring you?  That would be important.

As for the emotions, I don't think there is anything wrong with you at all.  People are all different in the way they feel about things and the way they show their feelings.  I've know people who were devestated by somehting, yet to look at them you'd never know. And I've known people who are just not all that affected by things.  It's just the way they are.  Doesn't mean anything is wrong with them.

And your not really knowing how to feel is okay too.  A m/c can cause lots of differnt feelings.  I always say that there is no right and wrong when it comes to feelings.  Feelings just are.  You may notice a mix of feelings for some time to come or you may not.  But it's okay...there is notthing wrong with you.

Again, I'm really sorry for your loss.  
I had a D&C, not by choice. Doctor advised it because I was at 11 weeks and the baby measured 5w. Honestly though, Im glad I had the surgery rather than natural. They put you to sleep and its over in 20min. I wouldn't have wanted to go through the pain of miscarrying and having to see the tissue. Plus if the doctors do it, they will send the tissue to the lab and examine it for any defects and let you know if it could happen to future pregnancies. There are risks of course with surgery, like scaring and infection, but as long as you follow the rules you should be safe. I bled for one week, thats it. Just like a bad period. You could bleed for weeks if you wait for it to happen natural. In the end its up to you, its your body and you should do what is most comfortable for you. Im sorry for your loss.
Thanks for sharing.  I'm in the same boat.  M/C at 8 weeks...or I guess six.  Dr. insisted I did a D & C the next day.  I want to wait at least two weeks and let nature take it's place.  We need to pay over $1K upfront.  I went to the ER...for the cramping and spotting...and all they said was that I was m c...no hb and sent me home.  Not looking forward to that bill.  
I'm a bit confused.  Do I need to pass a sac?  I've been spotting for 6 days now.  Cramping and light period for 4 days.  My pain is so intense like labor pain.  Lower back pain, fever, sweats, but again this is how I get every month with menstrual cramps.  I have not passed clots or a sac yet...just watery blood with mucuos when I pee....blood when I wipe...light period.  I really want this to be over....I'm 39 years old and have three healthy boy...This is my first mc...do not wish it upon anyone....Any help with more details of the process of natural m c really helps.  Thanks and again sorry to all the wonderful Mommies for having to experience such pain and loss.
Im currently going through a miscariage,i had light bleeding a week ago,and last nite i experianced heavy bleeding with lots of thick red clots,this morning the blood has reduced,iv experianced a miscariage before about 2months ago,and after heaving bleeding and labour cramps the sac passed and i had a complete miscariage,but this time after all the bleeding and no pain the sac hasnt come out,and i can feel it when i stick my finger into my virgina!is this normal?and when wil the sac pass?this pregnacy was not planned and im to afraid to tel my mum wat is happening,as i went thru the last miscariage without telling her since i wasnt at home!any advice would help im 22years old!
I posted in your other thread.  I think you may need to be checked out by a doctor.  do you have a doctor you can see?  or go to a health clinic?  I know that you need to be sure that everything passes bc you can get infection if something is left.  I'm not sure why the sac hasn't passed, but you may need a pill (i forgot what they call it) to help you along.  Good luck, hun and sorry you are going thru this again.
hi i had a miscarriage on the 22nd of december i was advised to use cytotec to remove all the tissue i was 6 weeks and 5 days at the time an when i took it only two clots came out an that was it i stopped bleeding i went back to the doctor to find out most of the tissue was still in me so i took another dose of cytotec. this time it was painful i had contractions i was screamin at my cousin an i had severe back ache . i bled heavy for two days an passed about 10 clots in total for mayb 5 days . now my bleeding is light but the cramps are feeling more like period cramps than when i took the pills an they've been goin on for 2 days i dont know what could possibly be goin on if anyone can give me some advice as to what may be goin on please answer.
Hi, all...I'm sharing my story to hopefully be a comfort to all who read this.   I am currently going through my first m/c....this whole process has been so difficult, but please be encouraged.  I am 37 years old and have two beautiful sons, ages 7 and 5 1/2.  Due to medical issues, I have been told that my sons are walking miracles...and I firmly do believe this.  My husband and I have always wanted more children....we really hoped for a girl this time around.  We were SO excited when we found out that we were expecting.  When I started spotting with this pregnancy, I called my doctor and spoke to the nurse.  She asked me a series of questions and then from that she asked me to come in to do blood work.  The tests showed that my betas were great but that my progesterone levels were low. The spotting continued.  I went back into the office to have repeat blood work and then to have an ultrasound.  The ultrasound showed that the baby was not 7 wks 3 days, rather 6 wks along...and we saw the baby's heartbeat!  I figured that either I had my dates wrong or I ovulated later in my cycle.  After my doctor reviewed everything and saw that my blood work showed that my Betas were still increasing while my progesterone levels went down again, she immediately started me on vaginal progesterone suppositories.  All this took place last Friday.  Once I stated the medication, the spotting stopped.  I had my first 'official' OB appointment scheduled for this past Tuesday.  It just so happened that I started spotting Tuesday morning.  I thought this was strange.  So, anyhow...They started the appointment off with a trip to the financial person and then I went to have my second ultrasound.  My husband and I went into this appoinment with very high expectation to see our baby alive and well.  When I didn't see a heartbeat, my heart sank.  Words can't really describe how I was feeling in that moment.  I couldn't believe it because just 1 1/2 weeks ago, I saw the baby's heart beating just fine.  After the ultrasound, I went to see the doctor.  My husband and I were in shock as we waited in the room...I began to cry.  My husband and I didn't want to give up, though.  We are Christians and wanted to remain hopefully for a miracle.  After my doctor came in to see us, we told her that we wanted to hold on for a miracle.  She said okay and in a matter of words said that they would walk through this with us, if this is what we needed to do.  And let me add here, that my doctor is amazing!  She has been such a blessing in our lives.  It's so nice to have a doctor that isn't negative, but rather full of compassion.  So, anyhow...I finished my appoinment by doing lab work.  The results showed that my betas went down from 17,000 to 10,000 something...so it didn't look good.  I knew everything looked terrible, but something inside of me didn't want to give up.  We asked for our family and friends to pray with us.  To make a LONG story short, I ended up miscarrying the baby last night.  The process wasnt terrible, which was a miracle in itself!   As the spotting increased yesterday, I started to get cramps last night.  The cramps lasted for about 2 hours.  The cramps felt a little stronger than menstral cramps.  I didnt know I was in the process of having the miscarrage, but wondered.  When I got up from the chair I was resting in, I passed something...it felt like I passed a few blood clots.  I immediately stopped and thought to myself, "what just happened??  Did I just pass the baby?".  You, know, it's so weird because I had complete peace in my heart in that moment.  I fully believe that all the prayers of our friends and family bought me to the point were I could trust God to believe that everything would be okay.  I am still sad and am walking through this step by step, but I am not walking through this alone.  My husband and I have God, his Son, Jesus, and the comfort of the Holy Spirit.  The peace and comfort that God has given us is part of the miracle.  It is my prayer that all who read this will find comfort and peace in the Lord.  He is very near to you...
Hi all,

I had my first m/c 2 weeks ago. I believe I was about 5-6 weeks pregnant. I don't have health insurance so I cannot afford to keep going to the doctor. I have been bleeding pretty heavily since the miscarriage. Is this normal? Sometimes it is lighter than others. I have passed a couple very large clots since the m/c. Right now it is dark brown but still pretty heavy bleeding. Do i need a d/c?
Hi everyone,
So sorry to hear about all of your m/c's. I just found out this past Tuesday that I am currently losing/have lost this baby. I went in for my first prenatal visit on Mon Jan 16th, was checked in at 10w. Doctor noticed some spotting, didn't seem too concerned. Got the u/s machine out, she said the baby was measuring small, and said something else about it not developing. The words kind of all jumbled up in my head and scared me to death. She scheduled a formal u/s for later that day so they could get a better glimpse at it. Went in later on, and I couldn't really see the screen but my hubby said it didn't look good. Doctor called me on the phone after seeing u/s, said it didn't tell her much, except was measuring at 6w, and hcg levels were at 11,000. Scheduled another u/s for 2 weeks out to check again, went home and prayed. Woke up the next day with bright red spotting and at that very moment I knew. Decided to let it come out naturally. Still bleeding and cramping is worse, still have not seen the sac or anything unusual come out as of yet. I'm scared...Took us 7 yrs to try for this baby and now we can't even have it...worried about future pregnancies...
I had a suspected miscarrage at 5weeks and now 2 months later i am having very bad pains in my lower stomach and pelvic area and my stomach is swollen a lot and very hard my period for this month was a week early and its very black in colour could anyone please help thanks.
I think I may have had one but not sure it would have only been 8 days old. But i have been in pain for 5 days and no bleeding until today. Still in alot of pain tho. I was late and im not sure how late but at least 4-7 days. So not sure if I was or not but the thinking i was and then finding out now that im not it made me feel so bad. Also this was not planned but now I have all this thoughts and it just hurts knowing it may have but its not.
Last Thursday I had brown spotting (10 weeks) and called my OB/GYN, and she laughed and told me this was very common. Okay. Friday wasn't so funny. I was cramping like in my lower back area and right hip. Awkward, so I noticed more redish (wanted not that color) and tissue was stringing out on t.paper. I gave her a call back and she said they would schedule me an ultrasound that morning. Okay. Get there and they told me something that my body didn't delvelop a fetus, but grew the sac. They said I had a 10% chance of HOPE out of 90% bleeding??? Okay. Well I went into shock. I also had the chance to have a D&C but opted out of it. The only difference is I think you bleed longer with unexpected LARGE amounts of clots you deny passing with a natural miscarriage. I was devasted! The pains were like LABOR pains (I have 2 older kids). I passed out a size of a grapefruit clot. The most painfulest thing I'll never forget. I'm so mourning right now. God Bless everyone in here.
I had a natural miscarriage but I was lucky to have a scan because they were unsure if I had passed the baby but they knew I ad pass the placenta ... Scan confirmed it all however I had some tissue left. They gave me medicine to get rid of it. Since then ( four weeks later) I've bleed lightly and then the one day I bled heavily and passed another clot. The doctors think it was the tissue that should have come out with the medicine. I've finally stopped bleeding today so its been a long process .
So sorry to hear about everyones loses!
I had a m/c 20 May 12. This would have been my 2nd Pregnancy. I had the preganancy symptoms but i was holding off to do a home preg test. After bring 2 wks late to get my period, i did the test on Saturday 19 May. While i did the urine test i saw some blood came out. I thought i was not pregnant and probably got my period but then 5  mins after looked at the preg test and there was 2 lines indiciating I was pregant! So I got confused and didnt really know if i was pregnant or not. Next day went to see the local GP and told her that test was positive but I am bleeding (thinking it was period) and she got me to do a blood test to measure the HCG level.
I did another preg test on Sunday and the test was coming as negative. So i convinced my self i was never pregnant.When i went back to the GP she confirmed that my HCG lvl was only 6 and my bleeding was not period and that I had a miscarriage! It was sad the day i found out I was pregnant was the day i also lost the baby. Bleeding was heavy for 3 days and now it has slowed to only few spots. I only had minor cramp which was like period pain. I was 6wks and 4 days. Although it was a very short preganancy i do feel a sense of emptiness. I have been reading blogs about miscarriages and reading stories that made me realise i am not alone.
thank u everyone for sharing your stories.
Aww I'm sorry for your loss :(
Hi There-

I know this post is a few years old, but I was wondering if you got pregnant again and what the outcome was.  I am exactly you.  I read your story and thought I wrote it.  I am also 39 with my first pregnancy ending in miscarriage at 7 weeks.  We just found out on Friday via ultrasound that there is no heartbeat (it is now Sunday).  My doctor wasn't in the office when we found out on Friday, so I am seeing her Tuesday to decide what my best option is.  My body hasn't started the natural miscarriage process yet.

I am really sorry you had to go through this.  It is devastating.

Thanks,

Ro
I am currently going through a miscarriage. My first ultrasound at 8 weeks the baby measured 6 weeks with a 90bpm heartrate. At 9 weeks 1 day I had another ultrasound and the heartbeat was gone. I naturally miscarried the next day- after my dnc had been scheduled. It was rough. Had bloodwork yesterday and again in 4 days. After both tests we will know whether I have to have the dnc or not. I have been bleeding for almost 2 weeks and continue to clot and lose tissue. I am hoping I am almost done.  
I am 19 and was supposed to be 9 weeks 6 days pregnant today, but found out 2 days ago that my baby had not made it past 6weeks1day. I've been bleeding heavily with clots and cramps for 2 days now and can't wait for this nightmare to be over. The physical pain is nothing when compared to the mental trauma. At first I was questioning my faith and now every time I see a baby I feel resentful. Reading these stories helps, but I feel so bad for those who have to go through this pain. It is heart wrenching. The baby's father and I were so excited, and our families were overjoyed. My mother is completely devastated now, because it would have been her first grandchild. It makes me cry to just write this because the wound is still so fresh. I am back to trusting God, and I thank him for my family and my loving boyfriend. They are the only reasons I am making it through this whole ordeal with my sanity.

God bless everyone who knows this type of pain.
I had a miscarriage this sunday just gone on the 03/06/12. I went to the hospital that morning in so much pain but they sent me away and told me I would have to come back on the following wednesday to get an ultrasound, I knew what was going on. Well as the day went on the pain got even more intense to the point where I couldn't even walk. I passed the baby that afternoon and it was the size of my hand, I was 11wks and 5days. It was horrible. I went to the hosp on the wednesday and they told me there is still some left in there but to carry on letting it pass naturally it'll be heavyer but my bleeding isn't heavy. Should I be worried ?
Hi, well my story is that in November 2011 I fell pregnant for the first time and we were so excited to have this baby, then 2 days before my doctor's appointment in January 2012 i started to bleed a little. No cramps no pain so i immediately went to see my doctor who did the scan and when i was supposed to be about 8 weeks pregnant the fetus was a 6w one and it did not have a heartbeat. An hour after i got home I m/c naturally. Three months later i fell pregnant again and I was ecstatic that it happened so soon as I am 31 yrs old and am ready for a family. All was going well I went to my first doctor's appointment at 8w and the fetus was the proper size, the heart was beating it was pure heaven for me and my boyfriend. Yesterday I went to my 12w appointment with my bf and we were so excited only to have our dream shattered....the heart beat was not seen anymore and the fetus was an 11w size so for the last week i've been thinking that i'm still pregnant....have not had any blood or cramps... Tomorrow i am going in to hospital and they are going to induce labour for the removal of the fetus. I am extremely scared, sad, empty and confused and am hoping that it wont be too painful. Anybody out there done that before?? We have decided to stop trying for a baby for now as these two experiences in a row is quite traumatic on me!!! Thanks for the stories I can relate to. Kelly
I'm so glad to see that we as women are able to talk and help each other through this difficult time.  I recently had a m/c @5w4d pregnant 5 days ago.  I started spotting early that morning, and began to panic.  Everyone around me was telling me that was normal, but I KNEW something was wrong.not even ten minutes after the spotting started i began to cramp more and more, and bleed more and more. When i got to the emergency room they did a vaginal u/s and an exterior u/s and saw nothing.  I was sent home with pain meds and told that if I started to pass clot to call back...and of course an hour after i got home i began passing clots.  When I call the ER back is when they told me I was having a m/c.  I've never experienced such physical and emotinal pain in my life.  It made me feel alot better to see that there are many other women experiencing the same feelings.  I struggle when understanding how you can go from having the greastest feeling and happiness in the world, to such pain and emptiness in a few short hours.  Everyone tells me it happened for a reason and I canunderstand that, but what if it happens again?
I got pregnant in September 2009 and I started spotting at 9w after a weekly spotting a had a natural miscarriage I was so sad and heartbroken I wait 11 years to get pregnant  and that happening was really awful, I wait 6 months to try again and I got pregnant right away and now I have a 14 months old baby girl so from my experience I can tell you that a miscarriage is really hard but if your dream of being a mom is bigger than your fears everything is possible  good luck to every one and god bless you all.
It's 2:37am and I just had a m/c and I feel sad, alone, and just hurting.  I am so shook up because I felt lost through this whole process and I had hope the whole way through because of my lack of knowledge of m/c.  I just googled: What do you do after a m/c?  I came up with this page and I really thank God for leading me here...  I realize m/c are more common than I knew and I see many women have more children afterwards so some of my fears are put to rest.  I still feel very sad for my baby and for our loss of not being able to see this child grow up, however, I know my baby is with the Lord.  That gives me some peace.

Thank you ladies for posting your story.  You really helped me!  I am going to bury my baby later today with my favorite cousin who passed away many years ago.  I can't just dispose of my baby or give it to a doctor to dispose of.
I am so sorry for everyone who have had suffered a m/c. It has been almost 2 weeks since I found out my baby was gone. No heart beat. Baby was 12 weeks 5 days. I had a D&C done right away with my OBGYN the next day. It had already been 1 week 5 days since the baby's heart stopped. That is what an approximate date was from the ultrasound measurements. My Dr. gave me the options of waiting for it to pass by itself but there were a few factors when making the decision. First was infection, then left over tissue and third not happening on its' own. I had already had the huge painful heartbreak of seeing no heartbeat and hearing the words how sorry they were. It was like the someone already stole the life out of me right there. And I just wanted my baby ASAP no matter what condition. I felt the need to hold it and feel it was real. I was in denial for about 20 hours after the ultrasound until I had the D&C and held my baby at home. We took the option of brining our baby home and doing a private burial. The hospital had the baby wrapped up in a hand made knitted blanket with a bow in a basket. And another handmade quilt. It was the hardest thing ever to look at something so sad bet yet so beautiful to me no matter what other people thought. I held my baby in the blanket for hours and cried until I was ready to let go. I made it a little casket from the craft store. I stained a little wood box and made another blanket with a bow and hot glued some white crafted roses on top and letters on the side with a name. I wanted to keep the baby's original blankets. We also bought a lovely tree that blooms once a year we can see from our back window. It's hard, very hard. Find ways to let go when you are ready and cry as much as you want. I found it easier saying, "I don't know what to say" as I cried and my family and friends helped by saying, "I am sure it is hard say anything you want." I don't think I will ever get over this or forget. But I am at peace knowing my baby is where it belongs. I will cry daily maybe several times a day but I find hope and love in the things I do have now. I have a 7yr old son and he wanted a big brother for so long. We tried so hard. And I told him how sorry I was. Mommy tried so hard. He then replied, "Mommy I am still your baby." My heart and I cried. The sweetest words to help me through the pain. I can only be grateful for what I have been given and blessed for the hope I receive. I pray for you all.
i went the doctors the other day cause i had really bad pains in my stomach and as he was talking to me he said to me i am sorry but you have just had a miss carriage and he said to me that i would of bin 5 weeks pregnant and i feel so hurt that has happened to me as never had one before
About 4 weeks ago i found out i was preg..went to the dr and by my lmp i should have been 8 weeks....went for internal ultrasound on tues the 14th  and there was no heart beat and i was showing 5 weeks which couldnt be possible...they took blood and my levels were low...two days later they took it again and it was still dropping...so they told me i would miscarry..today is saturday the 18th and i have no bleeding and no cramping....i had a miscarriage about a yr ago and i was supposed to be 8 weeks again and us didnt show that but i had started spotting before the US (thats why they did it) about two days later i passed the sac that was about the size of a quater...had light cramping and i bleed for about a week it never got real heavy...i just pray to God that this one goes so smooth...i would hate to have to pass a baby that is 10+ weeks i feel for all of you that have had a hard time...im sorry for your loss
I known that i am pregnant on last Monday after that i am spotting. I went to doctor on Friday. He said that i am Miscarried. He said that he will remove it through D&C and it wont go in Natural Process. My Husband contacted some other Doctor's. There Suggested for Natural miscarriage as it is Early Pregnancy. I am a Pregnant of 6.6 weeks. Who had Miscarriage with in 12 to 13 (or few more) weeks can go through natural Miscarriage.

On Saturday I took Physical Strain like Cleaning Home.. so that the bleed was Heavy, i  drunken more water so that i am going to bathroom and than i found 6.6 weeks baby came out...

By Cleaning my Home i Cleaned my self....with out any D&C.....
Hi all. Just want to say sorry for all your losses.

I just want to share my story, I'm 21 and I found out I was pregnant very early. I've been visiting the EPAU for 4 weeks now. I have my sak, fetal pole just no heart beat. that could of been due to the fact it was to early to detect the heart beat. Everything was going okay until the 6th of December, I noticed I was passing bright red blood, I'd been bleeding for 4 days, just like a light period. Until early hours of Tuesday morning, I had really bad cramps, I couldn't move the pain was that bad, it was only on the one side, (the left) I rang the hospital and they said it sounded like I was in the early stages of miscarriage. I'd passed 4 large blood clots, but after passing them I felt as if there was nothin else to pass. And I thought that's it, I've lost my baby!

After coming to terms with the fact I was no longer pregnant, EPAU rang me and asked me to come in and have a check up. I eventually got called in, i had an internal scan to be told by the sono that it looked as if it was breaking away, and it had not turned out the way we had planned, as there was still no heart beat, by this time it had hit home that I had lost my baby.

I waited for the consultant, but she never told me I had miscarried, she told me that my pregnancy had progressed, but my sak was a little irregular and that I was having a threatened miscarriage. I was really confused but also happy that I still had a chance of having a baby!

Now I'm due for another scan on the 18th, I have hope that I may still be carring. I am still bleeding and passing little blood clots with period pains but I have prepared myself for the worst..

Has anyone else experienced this? This is my first pregnancy and so confused.

I know this is an old post from 2008. Now is 2013. I just had my 4th miscarriage too. First and 3rd we saw a heartbeat and baby stopped developing at 9+ to 10 weeks. 2nd and 4th are blighted ovum. So it was devastating for us. We also checked and did all the tests available and doctor found nothing that could explain this. My hormones levels were all good always. We are still praying for the day that we will have a healthy baby but right now I am scared to even hope.
your stories (sad but helpful), I have to thank you all.  You have answered the questions that were lingering in my mind.

Now that I go back a fews weeks, I had spotting in December 2012 and I took it as just a regular period.  But during the next fews weeks, I knew something was going on with my body.  I was tired and had aches.  Then I did some house cleaning, and took a pregnancy test, it came out positive (Jan 2013).  Then the next day, I had some bleeding, and painful cramps.  This went on for a few weeks, then the bleeding and cramps became more intense.  I couldn't function, but I still went to work, driving was painful with the cramps.  My back hurt so much on every bump.  Then at the end of my work day, I went to the bathroom with intense cramps.  I pushed and then I heard a small splash.  After that I took it as a clot passing (or a BM).  Today, I still bleed, and every time I wipe I see blood, but not a lot of it.  I have no more intense cramps and my back no longer hurts.  I will go in to see my DR on tuesday morning, I hope he can tell me what went on.  I just need to know if I had another miscarriage.

Your stories have helped me a lot.  Answered a lot of the questions I had.  I hope he doesn't have to examine me inside, but I hope he can do an ultrasound, just to verify my suspicions.  I hope everything works out.
I had a misscarage Thursday arvo just gone worse thing I have ever been through , never seen so much blood and massive clots was so upset had to be raced to hospital in an ambulance I was just over 10 weeks , cramping and back pain was intense , back to the drs to see if everything passes I hope so don't want to go through anymore , good luck with everything
Such powerful stories - thank you all for sharing.  This has been so helpful for me as I wait for a natural miscarriage to pass.
Yesterday I went in for my routine 15-week prenatal visit.  No heartbeat was picked up with the doppler, nor the u/s.  Was sent to the hospital to get a better u/s with an actual tech.  Thankfully my husband was able to leave work and hold my hand through the process.  We could see the developed arms and legs and body, but the screen was so still, and there was obviously no heartbeat found.  It was devastating to us, as we had celebrated making into the 2nd trimester!  
We've decided to wait for the baby to pass naturally, and are praying that my body will recognize that it needs to pass the baby before too much time passes.  We're opting not to have a D&C, as we wouldn't be able to see or touch the perfect little body.  We want to take a picture of it, identify the gender, name it, and bury it.  
One of the hardest things about this loss was that my sister is also pregnant at the same time - we were actually due only 5 days apart!  We had given each other our pregnancy announcements during the same conversation one day, and had been taking monthly baby bump pictures together.  When I told her the sad news yesterday she cried and cried with me, and I do believe she hurts just as much as I am.  
We will always remember, and hurt, although most of the pain will subside over time.  
I ALSO went through this very emotional i was 10wks i found out from the firstnweek were expecting so we had become really excited within tje 3rd week i felt 5months pregnant very tired and sore all the time by week 5 i had started to slightly bleed  week 10 woke up earlier hours of the morning with excrutiating painnlike the worst part of the labor pains 2hrs later slowly died down woke up in tje morning to go toilet and the baby came out it was just like a fleshy looking thing started crying was very upsetting that lasted for 2 weeks was kind of light on the first week by tje second week i was passing fist size bllodclots ver unvomfortable but one thing i wish i would of knpwn then is it does get better and you will be fine its just another way of your body saying its not ready so try again and dont lose hope...
I'm so sorry to hear that. I have been going through a miscarriage this past week and I know how hard it is. Prayers to you and your family <3  
I found out I was expecting at 5 weeks a vaginal u/s was done confirming pregnancy and good heart beat. I started bleeding an hour after the vaginal u/s.  The bleeding would fluctuate from heVy to medium to light. Passing small blood clots.  I had two ultrasounds after that and heart beT was still strong.  I went in for a genetic test at 10 weeks and I expressed my concerns again about all the bleeding. Another u/s was done and there was no heartbeat. But it seemed like it was very recent because there was no sign degenerating tissue.  It was confirmed the next day on a Thursday that indeed there was no heartbeat and I was scheduled for a d&c for that Monday. Friday I had very bad cramps at work I called and the nurse prescribed a pain medicine so I would not be uncomfortable over the weekend.  The pains were coming every 5 minutes like contractions. That evening at home the pain was so unbearable the contractions were like every minute. I could not sit, stand or lay down. I decided to take a hot shower  but I went into the bathroom prepared with a plastic cup and a container in the event that I might pass it.  The minute I sat on the toilet I placed the cup and it was an instant gush and then relief. I passed the fetus completely. It had not deteriorated. I could see little armS and finger and toes. I placed what I passed in a container and took to my pre-op appointment the next day. The D&c was cancelled as it looked like I passed everything. The tissue was sent to the lab for testing.  Today makes week 3 since my mc and I am still bleeding or at times spotting. I received the results of the tissue and was told it was a male with 2 to 3 cells showing Down syndrome. This was my very first pregnancy and miscarriage at the age of 42. It is difficult but I am of the mind that things happen for a reason.
I&#x27;ve just miscarried 3 weeks ago and was told I had an empty sac with no embryo which meant I passed the embryo,and am just wondering like you how do u no everything has passed,I never had any pain have stopped bleeding now 3 weeks,but now have slight pain in my womb.does anyone no if you cud get an infection from this if anything was left behind
I'm ten days late, period due 11/20/15, this morning all of a sudden I'm having headaches, bad cramps, brown bleeding and I'm lightheaded.. Am I having a miscarriage?  
Hi. I had miscarried since 1 month ago but iam not aware of it.. a flesh like a thing came and i asked to my neighbour sister and she said it is a simple thing nothing to worry.. even my husband said it.. so I just left.. 2 days ago I had stomach pain and i wanted to take the scan.. after which I was told that baby was not inside.. now oly I relieve that misscarrige happened 1 month ago and i want to doctor. She said it&#39;s a normal thing and ul get ur periods on the forward 3 months and suggested a tablet (MYCROGONON GE).. till now i didnt get my periods but little spotting is there where all the impurities is coming out little by little.  iam very much worried about this.. i feel that my stomach is not clean but none cares. Is it good to leave my stomach as it is.. pls suggest something