Miscarriages Community
am i miscarrying

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

am i miscarrying

HI, i went to my 12 weeks scan on friday and unfortunatley they told me although i was 11 weeks our baby was only 8 weeks old and they couldnt find a heartbeat, we could however see our baby clearly.
Because i was in shock and panic i wasnt listening to the nurse when she asked me about my cycle. I do not come on regular but we recently got married and a month before we found out i was pregnant i was taking a pill, it didnt stop me conceiving but it did stop my periods, here is my concern
i can adapt to the fact we have lost our child if that is the case but apparently our child has been gone for just over 3 weeks already, i have had no signs of bleeding, spotting, cramping nothing at all to say there is anything wrong.
I have read about missed miscarrages and silent miscarrages but they still have a slight sign of spotting or light bleeding. The doctor has advised me to wait until friday to see what happens if not they have offered me another scan. I am scared to terminate incase i have my dates wrong or they havent picked it up what do you think, please help me thankyou
Have the drs did blood work are your numbers still doubling. I had a missed miscarriage in 2003. And i didn't have any pain or spotting. I have a few ultrasounds done and the baby just never had a heartbeat and was always showing that i wasn't as far along as i should of been. If they haven't make sure they check your numbers to see if there doubling and get at least one or two more scans since your unsure of your cycle.
hey there,
so sorry to hear about your loss. its a horrible feeling and scary experience. i have been through the same experience. i thought i was 12 weeks when i started spotting. it turned out baby was only 7 weeks old but it stayed put for a whole month before deciding to let me know something was wrong. they should do some blood work and if they didn't see a heart beat it is possible that things haven't worked out. but if there is confusion as to when you conceived its entirely possible that the dates are wrong. good luck and i hope friday arrives quickly for you so you can get this figured out. i know its scary but you will be okay and you can try again. remember, you're not alone.

l went for a scan when l was what should have been around ten weeks gone, l went to the ae because l started to bleed heavy l had no pain no clots but the the blood poured when l had a scan there was only a sack but no baby, they said l had already lost it but test where showing l was still pregnant, is it normal to be very emontial and drained? l just wonder why l did not see the baby.