Multiple Sclerosis Community
Anyone get muscle spasms in arms and numbness in hands that last all da...

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Anyone get muscle spasms in arms and numbness in hands that last all day??

Hi there I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced at some point and time pain in their arms as well as continuous numbness to their hands?? This is something fairly new for me because now it's lasting for a long time instead of only for a few moments. I am still awaiting another neuro's opinion. My family dr yesterday told me that my spine MRI looked good and she didn't think that this new symptom could be from a pinched nerve. Other then that I'm still also waiting for news on my 2nd urine test which they found an abnormal bacteria.

thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions!!

Shelley
I don't get the numbness hands all day, mine last on and off all day.  And my spasms last only on and off through out the day..

I hope you get some relief for this asap.

Good luck with your results and getting something to help with the pains etc

take care
wobbly
dx
I get what Wobbly describes. I also have a lot of neuropathic pain in hands and some in my arms.

Bio
I have constant numbness in both of my hands, and often with neuropathic pain, although the pain part has gotten better since I got OFF Lyrica/Gabapentin.  A lot of times, my arms are stiff and sore as well. I make sure to take plenty of magnesium each day and sometimes use a tens like unit with pads placed either on the palms, back of hands or up by the elbow on the forearm muscle to keep my hands working. Sometimes my fingers just curl up and spasm. I call it the claw hand syndrome. Baclofen helps the spasms.
Thanks for your posts. Khiba do you find it difficult to hold a telephone at times or even drive? I also get not very often though were my hand resembles a "claw" this is usually in the morning. I'm still not dx'd hoping to have some answers on whatever this might be that's intruding my quality of life.

Take care

Shelley
Ah I cannot hold a phone with my right hand, or a book either. I use my cell phone on speaker setting sitting on my desk and that works OK. For reading I bought a kindle and I can use my left hand to click to turn the pages if the right claw won't behave. LOL

Driving is fine, I wear my motorcycle gloves to cut the feeling down to something consistent and just lock my hands around the wheels. Luckily I don't have a stick shift anymore.

I cannot ride my motorcycle at the moment though, as I would have to open and close the hands to much and i am afraid that it might not happen causing an accident. :(

WOW so glad I found this site. I am 29year old male I herniated several discs in my neck and tore and crushed my s1 l5 which I had a spinal fusion performed. Well back to topic I have had pain and numbness down my right leg and right arm. My right arm trembles which usually coincides with pain. But today almost no pain but tremors and severe numbness in my right hand. I am taking lyrica  but a very low dose also oxycontin and percocept and flexoril. This is the first time Ive experienced numbness with out major pain first I receive trigger point injections and a opsipital nerve block monthly the injections are for muscle spasms.