Anyone with weird tastes in their mouth
I have had a weird taste in my mouth the last few days.  It's been like my there is a film of wax on the roof of my mouth and tongue.  Sometimes I feel like the left half of the roof of my mouth is numb but I don't think it is.  I've had a lot of weird head and chest feelings over the last two days so I don't know if it is all related.

I have heard of this complaint before.  Are you having any other numbness or tingling in your scalp or face?

I read your other post about weekends and you said that you had not been feeling well.  You might have picked up a little bug.  There is alot of it going around.

Rest up and take care of yourself...you hear?  We need you well again.

Heather
I have had tingling and numbness on the left side of my face.  
I have heard of something similar in people with MS and other problems and infections.  Have you changed your diet or been on antibiotics?  Certain foods can cause this in some people.  Also, antibiotics can mess with your good flora and start a thrush problem in the mouth.  It will sometimes seem like a waxy buildup at the beginning with numbness and a weird taste.  Then, you will get a noticeable film on your palate and/or tongue.  If you get this, your physician can prescribe medication to clear it up.  

Also, a sinus infection can give you similar symptoms if you are having some drainage, especially when you sleep.

Finally, certain medications can leave a weird taste in your mouth with funny sensations.

I am not a doctor.  But, just some thoughts to consider.  Hope you are feeling better soon.
Thanks for the info.  I'll investigate further.
  Only after my wife cooks lol but I to get that tingling and numbness on the right side of my face as well
Hi, Welcome to the forum.  I am a wayward member who has been gone on family business the last month, but I used to be all over this place.

The answer is yes.  Abnormal taste or even loss of taste has been reported as an MS symptom.  It results usually from damage to one of the cranial nerves that carry sensory information from the tongue to the brainstem.  Any of the cranial nerves can be involved in MS.

Also, viral infections, (URIs) and meds can cause this, as can sinus infections.  There's no specific treatment for it, but journal it and watch it's course.  Keep us posted, Quix