Multiple Sclerosis Community
Aricept

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Aricept

Made an appt. with neuro to ask about Aricept.  Thought it would be worth a trying, especially since it's now in generic form.  Don't want to be on it (mainly b/c of stigma), but would love to get some help with cognitive issues.  Much better now than a yr. ago, but still not as good as should be.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  Thanks!  
Tags: Aricept
i would be interested in any info too. my non-VA neuro Rx'd it but i never got it filled due to cost. i'm leery to ask my VA doc about it as he had me on something else for cog issues awhile back. some vetereans get slammed for seeing non-VA docs so a vet in my MS group told me. that is, the vet's VA neuro wouldn't see that vet again. hence my leeryness.

it helped at first from what i recall. i thought i was "normal" within the conversation realm and such and not forgetting little things as much. then all of a sudden i didn't think it was working and quit taking it.

wait a minute, it was called galantamine (Reminyl). i looked up alzheimer's medications and remembered part of the name.

if aricept gives good results to MS folks here i'd sure be interested it in. i would ask the VA if they can fill it or pay ofr it myself.

thanks all
Here is a link to a thread that was just days ago on this med that may be helpful

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Multiple-Sclerosis/Aricept/show/1426049
Thanks for your posts. I'm anxious to try the Aricept.  Good luck to all of us. Rondi
I have been taking aricept for about 9 months. It is hard to tell if there is an improvement. It has been a while since I forgot my way home but I still forget a lot of little stuff. I keep taking it because I am convinced it cant hurt anything and it just might help a little.