Multiple Sclerosis Community
Cramp on the top of foot
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cramp on the top of foot

I keep getting a like cramp feeling on top of my foot/ankle area. It comes on having walked the shortest of distances. When I stretch the foot out it is also painful as would happen when trying to get rid of cramp. It is primarily in the right foot but the left foot is joining in too now. But I've really only heard of cramp in the instep of the foot.

Has anyone else experienced this? any ideas what to do about it.

This is really getting me down, I'm not driving due to an eye problem and now I can hardly walk to the local shops.

Twist
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1218873_tn?1300094816
bump
Blank
1396846_tn?1332463110
I have cramps in my left foot and toes, it happens all the time. I know this may not help but try adding a little more potassium to your diet. Low potassium can cause cramps but so can many other things.

Call your neuro to see waht he/she may be able to do to help you. I know the cramps suck, I have muscle relaxers for mine.

Hope you get relief soon,
Paula
Blank
1580434_tn?1378600128
I get top of foot pain and spasms.sometimes the spasms are top of foot but close to the base of my toes. it makes my toes pull up. Sometimes it is right in the middle of the top of my foot or even like my ankle has a spasm. I don't know if that is really possible but that is what it feels like.

This happens on my left foot and that leg and foot don't work right. so i sit and put my right foot over the left to move it up and under me so it pulls my toes downward. it helps some.

just like when the instep has a spasm and I push my foot against something to push my toes up because they are being pulled down.

hurts like all get out and I also have flexeril. I am in limbo land so I really don't know anything but wanted to share my experience.

Raz
Blank
338416_tn?1260996698
I get cramps in my feet all the time.  I'm on Baclofen, but when I have a real spasm, like Raz, I have to take flexaril.  I also have to find the cramp, and either pull the foot opposite to the cramp, or massage the muscle.  Sometimes both!

Usually it's my big toe sticking straight up, although I also get this weird cramp on the bottom of the foot.
Blank
1218873_tn?1300094816
Thank you everyone at the moment I take amitriptlyne & Lyrica. Nothing really for cramp.

I get cramp in my calfs and hands but the feeling in my foot is constant once I've started walking on it for the day.

I have to agree with Raz that i'm not sure that you can really get cramp on the top of the foot but it sure as hell feels like it!

I am waiting for a physio appointment so hopefully will be able to help.

Twist
Blank
I get cramps in my hands, feet and calf and sometimes I can't walk it out.  So I've learned by trial and error to run as hot a water as I can stand over them. This relaxes the muscles and it will stop.  Sometimes takes a while but well worth it.  If its my feet or calves, I set on the side of the tub and run the water over them there.  If its my hands I use the sink.  Hope this helps you as much as it helps me.
Blank
Did you ever figure out what was causing the cramp on the top of your foot? I am experiencing the same thing. Interested in what you learned.
Thanks!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank