Cramp on the top of foot
I keep getting a like cramp feeling on top of my foot/ankle area. It comes on having walked the shortest of distances. When I stretch the foot out it is also painful as would happen when trying to get rid of cramp. It is primarily in the right foot but the left foot is joining in too now. But I've really only heard of cramp in the instep of the foot.

Has anyone else experienced this? any ideas what to do about it.

This is really getting me down, I'm not driving due to an eye problem and now I can hardly walk to the local shops.

Twist
bump
I have cramps in my left foot and toes, it happens all the time. I know this may not help but try adding a little more potassium to your diet. Low potassium can cause cramps but so can many other things.

Call your neuro to see waht he/she may be able to do to help you. I know the cramps suck, I have muscle relaxers for mine.

Hope you get relief soon,
Paula
I get top of foot pain and spasms.sometimes the spasms are top of foot but close to the base of my toes. it makes my toes pull up. Sometimes it is right in the middle of the top of my foot or even like my ankle has a spasm. I don't know if that is really possible but that is what it feels like.

This happens on my left foot and that leg and foot don't work right. so i sit and put my right foot over the left to move it up and under me so it pulls my toes downward. it helps some.

just like when the instep has a spasm and I push my foot against something to push my toes up because they are being pulled down.

hurts like all get out and I also have flexeril. I am in limbo land so I really don't know anything but wanted to share my experience.

Raz
I get cramps in my feet all the time.  I'm on Baclofen, but when I have a real spasm, like Raz, I have to take flexaril.  I also have to find the cramp, and either pull the foot opposite to the cramp, or massage the muscle.  Sometimes both!

Usually it's my big toe sticking straight up, although I also get this weird cramp on the bottom of the foot.
Thank you everyone at the moment I take amitriptlyne & Lyrica. Nothing really for cramp.

I get cramp in my calfs and hands but the feeling in my foot is constant once I've started walking on it for the day.

I have to agree with Raz that i'm not sure that you can really get cramp on the top of the foot but it sure as hell feels like it!

I am waiting for a physio appointment so hopefully will be able to help.

Twist
I get cramps in my hands, feet and calf and sometimes I can't walk it out.  So I've learned by trial and error to run as hot a water as I can stand over them. This relaxes the muscles and it will stop.  Sometimes takes a while but well worth it.  If its my feet or calves, I set on the side of the tub and run the water over them there.  If its my hands I use the sink.  Hope this helps you as much as it helps me.
Did you ever figure out what was causing the cramp on the top of your foot? I am experiencing the same thing. Interested in what you learned.
Thanks!
I get a lot of feet cramps and the past couple of nights I will wake up to a cramp in the top of my left foot closer to the ankle. Hurts like hell. It wont go away for several minutesI try walking it out or rubbing it and it seems to make it worse. This has happened to me 3x already in one night. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with my heart.
What you are describing may be plantar fascitis . It is tendonitis. It feels like your foot is broken. It hits when you have been standing a lot then you are off of them. I hits me at night in bed. Especially if I have a lot of blankets and my foot is in one position. I do not know if you know you are on the MS forum.

Alex
It can be both.  Have sporadic cramping in feet..especially on top of foot (bottom of ankle?)  Very painful.  only at night.  also have plantar fasciitis.  That hits all time of day   Have MS  Cramps from that not the other