Exercise
Hi, m here after long time.. Which type of exercise should I do? I have ms and going to star avonex.
I think it's great that you are building exercise into your MS plan.  Did you exercise regularly before your diagnosis? I would start small and work your way up slowly.

I was way out of shape when I was dx. I wanted to do something that I could sustain. I didn't want to do too much too soon. I knew if I did that I would get frustrated and stop all together.

I started walking on a treadmill for 15 minutes every other day. Slowly I worked my way up to 45 minutes. I've added some hand weights to my walk. Now I'm starting to add incline. The key for me is to keep it at 45 minutes, every other day. I've been able to keep it up for over a year.

I would start small and slowly build it up. My doc tells me that MS reacts badly to stress, both emotional and physical. Physical stress can come from being too idle. The greater your level of fitness, the lower the level of stress on your body (heart). My MS has been well behaved since I started exercising :-)

Let us know how your're making out!

Kyle
Whatever you like to do. I ride horses,walk,do yoga, and swim in the summer. I use to bicycle but my balance is not so good for that. These are all things I like and can stick to.

Alex
I don't start yet but m planing to do exercise so I asked u.., thanks for read and response me...
I started riding and yoga after my MS diagnosis. I had ridden years ago. I thought it would be fun. I put an ad on Craigslist for therapeutic riding and I got three responses. I went with a farm 15 minutes away. It is hard work but I love it. I also slowly started walking at the mall. I was pretty over weight and in bad shape physically. My legs and back were bad. Now I try to walk to the end of my street on days I feel bad. I am now with diet and exercise in the best shape I have been in years. They are the two things I can control.

Alex