Multiple Sclerosis Community
Good morning....Having "SHOCKS" elbow/forearm
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Good morning....Having "SHOCKS" elbow/forearm

Good morning to all,

Just curious, but yesterday while working (I transcribe/type in my job), for the first time along with my 4th and 5th finger numbness, occasionally, I started having "shocks" in my right elbow and right forearm.

This was not with any neck flexion, as far as it being  associated withLhermitte's, but not sure.

My EMG of my right arm would out the peripheral nervous system, although I did have a positive Tinel's sign.
I go next week for my follow up with neurologist, so should I assume it is important to relay this information to him?

I do plan on talking to him, in a round about inquiring way, to see if he will start me on something disease-modifying because I am continuing to have new symptoms with each passing few months.

terri
Blank
338416_tn?1413581329
I had about three months where a tap to the wrist would produce an electric shock, shooting up to my elbow.  Anywhere along the top of the wrist would do this.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi, Terri. This sounds more like a pinched ulnar nerve. Both of mine are pinched at the elbow, though I rarely have trouble with symptoms. Things can go in and out of the pinched mode pretty easily, so it might not show up consistently on tests.

Absolutely let your neuro know about this. It's clearly a nerve problem.

Have a good weekend,
ess
Blank
338416_tn?1413581329
I had about three months where a tap to the wrist would produce an electric shock, shooting up to my elbow.  Anywhere along the top of the wrist would do this.
Blank
152264_tn?1280358257
I get an electric shock just above my left elbow AND on top of my left hand (near the thumb) whenever I press just right on the top of my left big toe. (Explain that, please!?!?)

Is your shock continuous from the elbow down the forearm, or is there a "break" in it?

I am not diagnosed with anything. I do have Lhermitte's, though the elbow-hand shock is only when I press on my toe, not bend my neck.
Blank
911669_tn?1294102788
Yes, this electric shock/spasm in my elbow does break up and then shocks in the forearm area, with the numbness in 4th and 5th digits.

A friend of mine, who is a nurse, checked my Tinel's sign this past weekend and it was positive, with then numbness from my hand all the way up to my elbow.

My EMG/nerve conductions were negative, so this has to be central nervous system damage.

terri
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank