Multiple Sclerosis Community
Hand weakness
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hand weakness

Does anyone have upper back pain or hand weakness?
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I've got a lot of pain at the top of my neck and extending into the base of my skull at the moment.  My left hand/arm is also very weak.
Blank
749148_tn?1302864559
I do have "shoulder blade" pain... I just saw my neuro a week ago and she explained that the pain and "weird" sensations I get are sensory pain from the signal issues caused by MS.  I also have osteoarthritis so I thought it was related to that she explained that although some of my pain is arthritic a majority is sensory.
Debbie
~Live as if all your dreams came true~
Blank
3205586_tn?1362846585
I have left hand and arm weakness. My right hand will almost stick in a spot sometimes...not the weak hand, but just an odd symptom.
Blank
382218_tn?1341185087
Left hand and arm weakness here too.  Constantly dropping things.  Very weak grip.  Plus every kind of abnormal sensation in that hand: numbness, prickling pain, shooting pain, raw/abrasion type pain,  achy, cold and wet sensation, itchiness, stiffness, vise-like grip feeling around my whole hand and my fingertips, sensation of always wearing a too tight glove.  A tendency to want to curl that hand in a ball to relieve some of the icky feeling.  Constant discomfort, day and night, 24/7.  In my right hand, several of these same sensations, but very mild in comparison to the left.  
Blank
4936507_tn?1365365267
I have a lot of pain in my shoulder blades and neck on a regular basis. I wake up that way and now dh brings me an icepack every morning when it's time for me to wake up and I will put it under my head for awhile. That helps a LOT.  

Sometimes I get a feeling of pins and needles in my trapezius muscle - I've had that for years - but it always seems to be just when I've been typing a lot or doing a lot of dishes, so it may just be from tired muscles.

Occasionally I have an episode where my left hand feels so heavy I can barely lift it and it also feels weak at that time, but it usually goes away quickly so I havn't paid much attention to it.

I'm in "limbo" and have not been diagnosed with MS, but just thought I'd share my experience with you.
Blank
My hand symptoms are EXACTLY the same. Almost completely in my left hand, with a few similar sx in the right.

That's oddly comforting, in a way, because it makes me think I'm not as weird as I thought!
Blank
Yes, I have weakness in my left hand. I also have spasticity in my lower left arm and my hand tends to contract into a fist while I sleep. Fun stuff.

I've had quite a bit of physical therapy for it and I have some exercises that I can do at home for it. They do help, but not as much as I would like them to.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...