Multiple Sclerosis Community
Haven't posted in awhile post still stop in to see how everyone&#x...

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Haven't posted in awhile post still stop in to see how everyone's doing

My journey started over two years ago and I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have been seen by 3 neurologist who said that I have classic MS but don't have all the pieces for the complete picture. The last neuro dr ran a more advance LYME test which came back positive...

What a relief is what I thought but after doing a lot of research LYME is a political hot spot and what treatment is the  best..........I don't want to get to much into it but I found that my best option was to travel out of state to see a LLMD who understands LYME and all the co infections that you can have with LYME.

I saw him yesterday and has action plan for me >>>>>WHOO>>>>> I will start with 6 month treatment of 5 different medicines and will get weekly shots as well. The great mimic is what he called it... he is not a 100 sure I will ever get back to my old self but I will get better it might a year or years BUT most important  I have HOPE!!!!!J

Just wanted to update those who knew my struggle it been a crazy ride and would of not been able to do it without my loving family and sure will and determination.

Thank you for all those who supported me on this forum  I could not have done it with out yall!!!!

Sorry for my grammar errors my brain is in a fog and I’m extremely fatigued at the moment!!!!!
I'm so sorry you have Lyme but happy you are gettig aggressive treatment.

For those unfamiliar, there is quite a controversy in the medical community as to whether Lyme can become a chronic, serious disease. The feds basically say no, and others have formed an 'underground' group of so-called Lyme Literate MDs who oppose the Feds in this, and treat with long-term antibiotics and other approaches.

As if all this weren't perplexing enough, testing for Lyme itself is not always reliable, and labs vary in their ability to get it righ. There are
WI'm writing this on my iPad and having a dickens of a time for some reason, so will condense greatly at this point and hope it  makes sense.

I am far from an expert on Lyme but have been reading about it casually for years because of its MS-like presentation. And now my sister has been diagnosed with Lyme, so I'll be reading more. One resource with good and accurate info is MH's own Lyme forum, so please go there for help.

Sorry this post is a mess, left out whole pars.  Just too tired to start over.

ess
Thank you for updating us! I haven't been on much lately either.

Sorry to hear that you have LYMES but at least now you have a name for what has been going on and it is awesome that you new doc is taking an aggressive approach to try to get you back to as normal as possible.

I hope you start feeling better soon!

HUGS
Paula
Good to hear from you. Glad you are getting treated.

Alex
Wow, another one with Lymes?!?  I'm so glad you got a diagnosis for something that is treatable.  Lots of meds for a while, but so worth it!  Speedy recovery!