Multiple Sclerosis Community
Headaches

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Headaches

I am still trying to balance these daily headaches
My hubby battled some pretty severe headaches, originating from his neck.
We talked with his Neuro about it, I wondered about a referral for PT and possibly Chiropractic. Neuro agreed, recommended a Chiro who specializes in people with neurological conditions such as MS.

My hubby's sister is married to a Chiropractor...and this is just my deal, but I am not usually a big fan of chiropractic. Don't throw rotten tomatoes at me..or non rotten ones, either..lol. It's nothing personal, just the times I have seen one, I definitely had a terrible time trying to relax as I couldn't handle the neck popping. Talk about my OCD kicking in! Lol..

But, I had read where Chiropractic and spinal decompression can help some people. And since my hubby does not have OCD,  he did see the Chiropractor. He started at 3 visits/wk. After 3 mos went to 2x/wk, then 1x/wk. He has been going once every other wk for the last 3-4 mos. He also did spinal decompression.

So far his neck pain/headaches are 90% improved. The pain decreased fairly soon after he started seeing the Chiro. He did have some increased soreness at first. But we expected that. His mid and lower back pain is about 60% better. Was hoping it would help his leg weakness, but he can't tell any difference in that. He says it's been well worth it to get the pain decreased, tho. And I happily agree, and fully admit it's my OCD that kicked in regarding Chiropractic for myself...

Next hubby is going to see PT next month, at least for an evaluation to see if there are things that can help. He had an Achilles tendon repair along with a bone spur removal a year ago. I think the PT will at least address those issues.

As we are all different, I know you have to research and do what you feel is right for you. I just wanted to share this, as I probably wouldn't have seen the Chiro, yet Chiro was right for my hubby and helped him tremendously.

Regards,
C
I realized my headaches are made worse by the medications I take. Any medications which dry my mucous membranes make my headaches worse. I have to watch what combination of pills I take. If I have to take certain medications I also take a Immitrex.

Alex